Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,807 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

El Rufai On The Run (granted Fresh Bail Conditions To) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai On The Run (granted Fresh Bail Conditions To) (699 Views)

El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / El - Rufai On Reno Omokri, GEJ, PDP And Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

El Rufai On The Run (granted Fresh Bail Conditions To) by karlmax2: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2011
27/05/2011 01:20:00

An Abuja High Court yesterday granted fresh bail conditions to a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, in a suit instituted against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Justice Abubakar Sadiq Umar gave the fresh bail conditions since El-Rufai failed to appear in court on three consecutive times.

The new conditions require El-Rufai to provide two new sureties who must swear to an affidavit of trust guaranteeing El-rufai’s subsequent appearance in court.

The court had earlier admitted the former minister to bail on self- recognition.

El-Rufai was arraigned with two others on an eight-count amended charge on alleged abuse of office while serving as the FCT minister.

The two other accused persons arraigned with him are former Director-General, Abuja Geographic Information System (AGIS); Altine Jubrin, and a former general manager, AGIS, Ismail Iro.

El-Rufai and one of his co-accused, Altine Jubrin, failed to appear before the court on May 24, but brought a written application, through his lawyer, Chief Akin Olujinmi, (SAN), asking for adjournment. But the request which was refused by the judge who threatened to revoke his bail if he failed to appear in court two days later.

Again, at the resumed of hearing of the case, El-Rufai failed to appear. But, his lawyer, Olujinmi,  apologised profusely for the absence of his client saying it was his, (Olujimi) fault that El-RufaI and Jubrin  failed twice to honour their  trial.

He regretted the situation which he said was a mistake based on assumption.

“I must admit that their absence on May 24, 2011, was entirely my fault because I assumed that taking a date which I suggested in my letter was that of the registry to do, hence I advised them not to attend as a new date would be assigned to the case.”

The case has been adjourned till June 23.

Read 57 times

: ⁠
Re: El Rufai On The Run (granted Fresh Bail Conditions To) by karlmax2: 7:11am On Jun 05, 2011
Quote!Justice Abubakar Sadiq Umar gave the fresh bail conditions since El-Rufai failed to appear in court on three consecutive times.

He should come back home and clear his name instead of runing his mouth and casticating GEJ government mallam EL theif
Re: El Rufai On The Run (granted Fresh Bail Conditions To) by Mynd44: 7:54am On Jun 05, 2011
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Will The Youth Revolution In Egypt, Tunisia, Libya Etc Work In Nigeria? / Court Okays Extradition Of Nigerian Accused Of Defrauding 70 Us Law Firm / No One Has Monopoly Of Violence, Oritsejafor Tells Shariah Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.