Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction (6908 Views)

Kano Explosion Was Caused By A Welder's Gas Cylinder, Not A Bomb - Police / NCoS: Incident At Bauchi Correctional Service Was Caused By A Mobile Phone / How Shuaibu Adama Haruna's Impeachment Was Caused By Official Car, Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by LindaFoster: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Ltd. says Wednesday’s gas pipeline leakage
around Anifowoshe, Ikeja Underbridge, in Lagos was caused by road construction and rehabilitation activities in the area.

Mr Garba Muhammad, Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division NNPC, made this known in a statement issued in Lagos.

Muhammad said the gas pipeline that was reported leaking in the early hours of the day had been isolated and the general area cordoned off.

He said:” Preliminary findings indicate that at about 8.40 a.m. on Wednesday, a pipeline gas leakage was reported around Anifowoshe, Ikeja Underbridge, Lagos State.

“The pipeline is a six-inch gas pipeline supplying gas to Mainland Power Ltd, near Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

“The NNPC immediately moved in by engaging Gaslink Ltd, its franchise partner operating the pipeline, mobilised to the location, cordoned off the area and successfully isolated the gas pipeline at Oba Akran Valve pit. ”

He urged residents of the area not to panic as all necessary safety measures had been put in place to avert any further escalation of the incident.

Muhammad said NNPC’s team of maintenance engineers were collaborating with the Gaslink team at the site to ensure that gas supply services to areas affected by the incident resumed within the next 48 hours.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the National Emergency Management Agency had alerted the public after it received a report of the leakage.

Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, Acting Zonal Coordinator, South-West Zonal Office, NEMA, had in a statement advised residents of the locality to take utmost safety precautions before the leakage was brought under control.
https://guardian.ng/news/road-construction-caused-ikeja-gas-pipeline-leakage-nnpc/

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:04am On Nov 04, 2021
He urged residents of the area not to panic as all necessary safety measures had been put in place to avert any further escalation of the incident.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by paskal16: 5:04am On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Boogyman557: 5:04am On Nov 04, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by seeker121(m): 5:05am On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by IgweOfNnewi: 5:05am On Nov 04, 2021
ok
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by 2special(m): 5:07am On Nov 04, 2021
The overrated state that's feeding the nation.....all those shouting, Lagos is a slump....if Lagos should cough, I wonder if there State will survive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by CountVersailles(f): 5:21am On Nov 04, 2021
This country is not ready for development just yet
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by adioolayi(m): 5:23am On Nov 04, 2021
“The NNPC immediately moved in by engaging Gaslink Ltd, its franchise partner operating the pipeline, mobilised to the location, cordoned off the area and successfully isolated the gas pipeline at Oba Akran Valve pit. ”

With all the millions you guys are collecting in salaries....you still don't have a team to manage your lines...so so contractors and subcontractors grin angry grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by nzeobi(m): 5:26am On Nov 04, 2021
2special:
The overrated state that's feeding the nation.....all those shouting, Lagos is a slump....if Lagos should cough, I wonder if there State will survive.

Please how is Lagos feeding the nation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Dekingmoses(m): 5:39am On Nov 04, 2021
It is well with Lagos
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:57am On Nov 04, 2021
Some eyewitnesses in say it was Aboki people. That was what I head in the TV news yesterday evening sad
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by dfrost: 6:23am On Nov 04, 2021
Good development on the awareness yesterday. Most people I knew that trade at CV, Ikeja didn't bother coming out.

On the other hand, that place is a populated area. Something should be done about this issue else it might escalate further than this in the future. A stitch in time saves nine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Joyceaile(f): 6:39am On Nov 04, 2021
I quietly moved all my phones And accessories into my fire safe box,then jejely entered a bus going back home,I can’t kill myself

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by unmask: 6:41am On Nov 04, 2021
adioolayi:

With all the millions you guys are collecting in salaries....you still don't have a team to manage your lines...so so contractors and subcontractors grin angry grin
Why will you keep a team to manage an event that is not expected to happen frequently? Most times it is better to have others maintain your facilities. There are certain competencies required for some jobs that it is not worth the hassle to develop in-house

5 Likes

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by adioolayi(m): 6:47am On Nov 04, 2021
unmask:
Why will you keep a team to manage an event that is not expected to happen frequently? It's not a necessity to comment always

What is the function of NNPC maintenance department Are they not being paid When you see ministries and agencies excesses and redundancy...it's better you condemn.

You think Prof. Orosanye's report and recommendations of merging agencies and scrapping redundant ones to curb wastages is nonsense

You comment shows you don't know how government agencies, ministries works.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Bluffly: 6:55am On Nov 04, 2021
Did they not have the road blue print before setting out
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by EmmaLege: 6:59am On Nov 04, 2021
So there was no sign to show pipeline in that area
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Ernestforyou: 7:03am On Nov 04, 2021
Even a dummy would know that the ongoing construction on that axis is the main reason for the leakage.Ikeja needs to be decongested,yet they are creating more lane for BRT by reducing the space for motorist ,causing havoc and heavy traffic on the road.
The commissioner for works ,permanent secretary and all top offocials at the Ministry Of Works under this Sanwo Olu are all useless and should be sacked.
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Soothsayer992(m): 7:04am On Nov 04, 2021
Everybody i met in computer village yesterday kept saying it's those aboki looking for scrap metal that broke it. Always looking for ways to blame the northerners. Na wa o. Una no dey tire.
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by JavaScript90: 7:08am On Nov 04, 2021
Thank God it has been taken care of
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Viktoreze(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2021
Inside life....
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by opalu: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2021
It really spoilt a very important site visitation for me yesterday
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by cardoctor(m): 8:14am On Nov 04, 2021
Dem don start again
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by chiefobdk2: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Some eyewitnesses in say it was Aboki people. That was what I head in the TV news yesterday evening sad

Nothing like aboki. The area is under massive demolition for road or metro construction... I am at computer Village now..
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by chiefobdk2: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2021
Ernestforyou:
Even a dummy would know that the ongoing construction on that axis is the main reason for the leakage.Ikeja needs to be decongested,yet they are creating more lane for BRT by reducing the space for motorist ,causing havoc and heavy traffic on the road.
The commissioner for works ,permanent secretary and all top offocials at the Ministry Of Works under this Sanwo Olu are all useless and should be sacked.

U mean to tell me all the demolitions is just for BRT.. I will be disappointed if they did not gun for metro. If they can demolish all those houses they should have gone all the way to build metro line across lagos

It will be capital intensive but they will be able to recoup within a few years. Its transportation business its profitable lagos have the population to support it.. A lot of us will happily leave the car at home for train...

I believe banks will line up to loan the money to lagos.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by superCleanworks(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2021
Bluffly:
Did they not have the road blue print before setting out

I taya. I just taya. But seeing a comment like your own and other sensible comments on Nairaland gives me hope that we are not all idiots in this country.
Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by Segzy22: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2021
nzeobi:

Please how is Lagos feeding the nation
eediot do you know how many of your brothers from South East sleep under bridge in Lagos?

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by nzeobi(m): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2021
Segzy22:
eediot do you know how many of your brothers from South East sleep under bridge in Lagos?

Simple question you can't answer

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction by bulletproofmonk(m): 9:35am On Nov 04, 2021
adioolayi:

What is the function of NNPC maintenance department Are they not being paid When you see ministries and agencies excesses and redundancy...it's better you condemn.

You think Prof. Orosanye's report and recommendations of merging agencies and scrapping redundant ones to curb wastages is nonsense

You comment shows you don't know how government agencies, ministries works.

Oga, you are the one that knows nothing about how NNPC works.

NGC, a subsidiary of NNPC offtakes natural gas from gas fields and transports it via trunk lines (property of NNPC), to be further redistributed to end user customers by Franchisees.

The Franchisee is responsible for constructing the low pressure lines and building the citygate (where high pressure gas from the main trunk line is stepped down).

The franchisee in this case is Axxela (formerly Oando Gas and Power which acquired Gaslink).

The Franchisee Operates and Maintains the line on behalf of NNPC and recover their costs over a period of years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance / Row Over CBN Clause In Banking Rule - Sanusi Requiring "Sharia-Compliance"!!! / Hurricane Irene Alert For Nairalanders In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.