Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 (31795 Views)

Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Doraty1(f): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2021
The death toll from the 21-storey building that collapsed in Ikoyi, Lagos, on Monday has risen from 22 to 36.

Out of the 36 death recorded so far, three of them are female and 33 male.

The Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) in the South-West Region, Ibrahim Farinloye, who gave the update said out of the nine persons rescued, one of is a lady while eight others are men.

“Out of the the survivors, we have one female and eight male. Out of the dead, we have three female and 33 male dead bodies.

“Rescue work is still ongoing and more hands have joined the rescue team,” he added.

The building under construction at Gerrard road in the highbrow area of Lagos collapsed on Monday, leaving the owner and some construction workers under the rubbles.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-death-toll-from-ikoyi-collapsed-building-rises-to-36

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by SRAROFDAVID: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2021
Today is the forth day
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by silvoclaira: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2021
I AM SAD

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by JavaScript90: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2021
Very bad. Somebody needs to be held accountable for this preventable disaster.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

40 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Righteousness2(m): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2021
So painful and unfortunate,
Condolences to the Families of the Deceased.

The response towards that Disaster seems too slow.
All Hands should be on deck to rescue alive as many as possible .

Lastly and Most Important! Anyone could be taken away anywhere and anytime!
It is Important to Live this life in the Conciousness of your Eternity.

Heaven and Hell are Real!
There is no Repentance in the Grave.
Mercy Expires at Death.
A Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ is the Only way to Eternal life.

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Baawaa(m): 9:59am On Nov 04, 2021
God have mercy,may their souls rest in rest peace.
Majority of the deceased were looking for their daily breads,God we needs your protection always

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 04, 2021
It means that the premises was fully occupied as of the time the building collapsed. Plastering laborer's, food sellers/ogogoro might've been involved. Anyway it's a sad thing that such poor structural work was done. Waste of lives and resources.
Beg the same developer to use that money & build 21 hospital beds in his community that won't cost more than 15m; then boom you will hear something like am not in the govt of any form..
Reminds me of when I was building , my engineer(tribe withheld) was so quack that even as I'm not an engineer I detected some foul play, the mixture of my cement was so Sandy tht I stopped the work. He was so furious and left the site that he is not building, that was my salvation. The next day I sent for a letter of termination of contract asap. He started acting cold and hiding. I took my PA and went to his office, and demanded he sign the goddam papers or else we'll deal with him in the office right their. He signed it and that's how I built a massive duplex at peace. You see don't be decieved that you cant achieve the best quality. Forget cost and embrace durability.

No vex, Ndo, Ema Binu, Ka Yankuri, Doh, Mbok, Sorry...Any one u fall in pls accept it.
SavageResponse:

Who asked you for all these stories now?

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by uncleiykeman(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2021
May their souls find rest

8 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Mayhem1: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Nigeria!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by adioolayi(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2021
So sad ...May their souls rest in peace..

Properties owners who engaged services of professionals on drawing Plans which were approved by relevant government agencies after proper vetting......and then turn back on implementing what was approved, engaged developers who connived with them to do something contrary to the plan approved, and also Government field monitoring team who saw these abnormalities when constructions are ongoing and looked away Because bribe is involved....

This is exactly what the consequences of your actions can turn out to be when it backfires..

Lose of innocent souls ....time, resources and all....ALL FORMS OF LOSES!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by wwwtortoise(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Project : Nation building
Architect : APC
Engineer : PMB
Supervisor : Lai Muhammed
Foreman : Prof. Osibanjo
Work duration : 4 + 4

Mode of execution : Manual/Analogue

May we not be counted amongst casualties when this con3 built on lies, deceit and greed shall collapse.

Rip to the departed !

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Transporter20: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2021
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Military0001: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Instead Gov. Sanwo-Olu to focus on rescue mission first the nigga is busy telling us about setting up panel… This part of the world have no sympathy for human life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Basicend: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Their blood on the head of the owners of the building . .

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by jericco1(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Omo black November

May their souls rest in peace
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by udemzyudex(m): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2021
I believe one of the major reasons why the dead toll is high is because of the response team, they are too slow and lack important tools to do the job effectively.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by money121(m): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Fuckthamods: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2021
Greed is not good...
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by jessyzin(f): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2021
Very very Sad
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by RealAdewole(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2021
1. Non existence or unqualified emergency workers.

2. Inadequate emergency workers

3. Lack of training and retraining of emergency workers.

4. Lack of necessary emergency tools

5. Outdated/incompatible emergency tools

6. Inability to operate available tools by emergency workers...

these are some of the reasons why the death toll will not stop increasing.

the time i was following IDF back to back the way they train their emergency response unit alone is jaw dropping...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by iHart(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2021
When they say the cause of building collapse is substandard building materials, what do they mean? Is it that the cement, rod, sand, or stone is substandard? If it is the cement, why not say Dangote cement or BUA is substandard?

And I use to think that high rising buildings are constructed using mostly steels and not concrete pillers. Anyway I am not an engineer, so I don't know much about that.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Aklee4994(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2021
See what negligence cause to innocent people but RIP to all in advance
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by rita25(f): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2021
WHEN EVEN THE OWNER IS TRAPPED INSIDE? sad
Basicend:

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Scatterscatter(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2021
Basicend:

Even the owner sef dey involved .

Whose blood will his on be on

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Edandy(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2021
This is due to systemic failure and now innocent people paid with their lives. Mere looking for what to eat in Nigeria seemed to be a crime. May God protect us all. Give your life to Christ. No body is safe!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by Allnacruise(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2021
Military0001:
Instead Gov. Olu to focus on rescue mission first the nigga is busy telling us about setting up panel… This part of the world have no sympathy for human life.

This ones dey are rescuing nko??

Rescue team are doing their part....

The panel would also do that part independently

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by kaywhy09(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2021
May their soul find rest
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 by hush15: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2021
Really unfortunate. Mansion turn burial site, may God continue to safe us from impending dangers and may the souls of those gone obtain mercy in God's sight in the afterlife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired / How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? / Construction Of 6bd contemporary Duplex/2bd Flat With 2mini Flat By Rotecch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.