Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,905 members, 7,838,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (39715 Views)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / DSS Sues Charlotte Delhi For Blackmailing Walton Liverpool With Nude Video / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by sinola(m): 6:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Bros, go and pay what you owe.... Agreement is agreement.
Besides, for you not to get a single friend or a relative that can lend you a paltry 3k it speaks volume of whom you are.
Think about it.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by engrjosefz(m): 6:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Report them to NITDA they will be taught some lessons in the language they understand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by davidmatin: 6:41am On Nov 05, 2021
Report them to NITDA
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by gurunlocker: 6:42am On Nov 05, 2021
People like you are terrible human being.... You borrowed, and didn't pay back (how do you think these companies survive as well?).

Even after paying back, you have the gut to tell them you won't pay the interest? Terrible being!!!

Do you know what agreement is or you think because you are in Nigeria, nothing will happen to you?

People like you are entitled types, you think people owe you.... Do you know someone might lose his job with what you did? Just imagine 1000 other people doing same thing as you.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by meobizy(f): 6:42am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent
I don’t understand. You defaulted on payment and still paint yourself as the victim. There is no amount of advice given here which will get to you. You’re lucky you didn’t get a loan from a bank, them for seize your property dey laugh while frustration kill you.

42 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by optimistic1234: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2021
Who go pay the interest for you...
Go pay your money jare

12 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by gohzieh(m): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2021
I haven’t been a victim. But I borrowed money on time from a loan company and I saw 1.5% interest rate and I was cool with that. Only for them to furnish an agreement after my account has been credited that the interest is 9% I felt like crying. How can I borrow 98k and end up paying 137k what did I do. I tried to going back to where I was 1.5% interest, it was not taking me there. I called the lady that referred me, she said I didn’t read it well or I saw it and ignored it. I told her after doing my calculations and I felt okay I can do this only to be told this. I promised never to take from them again. My experience was not bad and I won’t recommend any one to.

8 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by dxdiag(m): 6:45am On Nov 05, 2021
The terms and conditions are for your perusal, you agreed to it after downloading the apps and you agreed to your contacts synced with there platform. It's well stated the charges/intrest rate and for prolonging to pay the debt you know automatically it attracts extra charges.
It will be of interest and for peace of mind to clear ur debt plus interest accured.
Rather than borrowing money from loan app/loan sharks, speak with your trusted friends or colleague to borrow you money. This kind of attitude of your to be honest is killing business and taking food off people's mouth.

8 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by 4dchairman(m): 6:45am On Nov 05, 2021
Romans 8: 7 Pay everyone what you owe him: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due. 8Be indebted to no one...
If I my add don't borrow.

12 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Lokojatoofar: 6:45am On Nov 05, 2021
Why withhold the #700? That is where their earnings are. Some Nigerians are very wicked at times sha. They are corrupt from their mothers wombs that is why no serious business can thrive in naija. Na only pyramid schemes and such dey enter and succeed for the owners grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Rexymania(m): 6:46am On Nov 05, 2021
kissblock him and block and tell everyone they have contacted to block them. That was what I did
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by emperorlaqrin: 6:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Is it that nobody is bold enough to sue this companies for defamation?

Bros no matter whatever happens to you never take a loan from anyone unless if you are sure to refund it at the exact time.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by EmekaBlue(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy
@OP. Is the daily charges you didn't mention still incurring on the 700 balance. Na wetin i wan ask be that

So even Easymoni dey send those unethical threats. Sure they are not same sokoloan with another name because the message content is the same

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by bigcee(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Honestly, we can't not help you. The only help you need is to pay your loan(no excuses). It's just 3k na undecided. Guy pay your loan and avoid embarrassment. Next time Use Branch or Carbon(na only Dem no get coconut head grin). I do collect loan too and I always try to pay back before due date.

10 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by redcliff: 6:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan

furcking pay your debt with its interest.. simple!!!

11 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by shakir0802: 6:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Delete the app on ur phone that's the only way they get the contact on ur phone, it happened to me I borrowed money from them unfortunately I haven't pay a penny so I told them to give me a week before the date complete they called most of my contacts number and told them and those people began to called me back why would I put my number on loan app, unfortunately the person I wanted to collect contract from the made me told them to give me a week they called the man that's how the man terminate the contract, job of 1 millions plus, infact I cry that day I beg the man but he refused later Google play store notify me that the loan app had tap my phone system and immediately I delete the app they stop calling my contacts again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by BIGNAME2020: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2021
phemmie06:
Wait you mean you're to pay 700 interest on 3000, within 7 days.
Don't worry, what happen to soko will happen to them.
Report them on Google play store

Is sokoloan not in google play store?
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by darthv: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2021
xxxtedyxxx:
Na thwur way bro.

Forget all these useless loan apps.

If you need cash urgently, borrow from your friends

All these loanshark apps arenot regulated. In sanee climes, stuffs like this won't happen.

This disgrace is what Comes with being a Nigerian.

SORRY MAN
He should pay up the money ans stop making silly excuses.
They are into business.

9 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by heykims(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2021
This op is disgusting, u even have the gut to come online and narrate this yeye story. Go pay up with full interest Mr man. The more u delay paying the interest, the more it'll keep accumulating.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ghostcenturion(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2021
You are a mumu man.
You borrow money, accept terms of service.
Now playing victim card.

Pay them their money.

12 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:

This is why people refuse to help Nigerians. You borrow money, you refused to pay back in due time.

When you were about to borrow money from the app, I'm sure they stated you were to pay an interest on the loan which you agreed too, now you are telling them you won't pay the interest.

I was going to ask you to send your account details so I can send you the money to pay, but you already telling them you won't pay the interest speaks volume of the type of person you are, you might not end up paying. Let me not waste my money
Oga, go and pay them their balance.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nauttyprof(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2021
Why won't you pay the interest? You also deserve whatever they are doing to you despite the fact that it is not right.

From your post, it also suggests that you just wanted to have the money and then, not pay back.

This is one of the reasons most loan companies shouldn't be blamed for their actions too especially to those type of people like the OP.

The company is wrong in sending messages to your contact and you are also wrong. Didn't you know what you signed for from the beginning?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Oyerinde16(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2021
Advice from a ####### minded person, this one will certainly not want to pay back...

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by dxdiag(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2021
shakir0802:
Delete the app on ur phone that's the only way they get the contact on ur phone, it happened to me I borrowed money from them unfortunately I haven't pay a penny so I told them to give me a week before the date complete they called most of my contacts number and told them and those people began to called me back why would I put my number on loan app, unfortunately the person I wanted to collect contract from the made me told them to give me a week they called the man that's how the man terminate the contract, job of 1 millions plus, infact I cry that day I beg the man but he refused later Google play store notify me that the loan app had tap my phone system and immediately I delete the app they stop calling my contacts again
Sorry about the loss of contract, I feel your pain bro.
Bigger job go show soon.
Stay away for loan shark for your blessing to manifest.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by heykims(m): 6:52am On Nov 05, 2021
phemmie06:
Wait you mean you're to pay 700 interest on 3000, within 7 days.
Don't worry, what happen to soko will happen to them.
Report them on Google play store
And was he blind when he was agreeing to their terms and conditions? He's a worse than his creditors.

16 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ehemwhy(m): 6:52am On Nov 05, 2021
Go the your phone settings, go to privacy and security settings , go to app permissions and deny the app access to your contacts , location, media, etc

You should also lock up your social media accounts especially Facebook so that they won't be able to post on your wall .

I had issues with one of them too :LEND CASH. I was hospitalised and couldn't pay back on due date. Once I got discharged and had paid I sent a formal request to the NITDA and sent a copy to the loan agent : the guy weak , I also took it a step further and sent the number to the police for blackmail and defamation . They handled the rest

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by thesicilian: 6:52am On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
this is the very reason people take them to court , you can sue them and claim damages
You guys should learn to be realistic. Is it someone that can not pay 3k loan that will have the funds to finance a court case?

He's owing 3,700 yet he brought only 3k after days of default and is still claiming right. Why are Nigerians like this? Sometimes we blame the politicians for our hardships, but the truth of the matter is that we are the cause of most of our problems. Why do you think the commercial banks demand for heavy collaterals before any loan? Because they don't have time for any nonsense like this.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by shevon: 6:52am On Nov 05, 2021
Shile981:
That you are owing is not enough reason for them to do that. I'll suggest you look for money and pay them off, but in the meantime, report them to NITDA for invading your privacy by accessing your contact and sending them defamatory SMS, it is not legal for them to do that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ghostcenturion(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2021
shakir0802:
You gave them permission to access your phone data which is the standard way.
You like delete, they still have ur details.

Pay them money if you owe. Else CCB wouldn't let u take a loan or financial help from government ever again

12 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by foxxydude: 6:53am On Nov 05, 2021
OP Na your money dem take startup the company?
go and pay your debt!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ghostcenturion(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2021
shevon:

That you are owing is not enough reason for them to do that. I'll suggest you look for money and pay them off, but in the meantime, report them to NITDA for invading your privacy by accessing your contact and sending them defamatory SMS, it is not legal for them to do that.
It is legal if I have them permission to do so.
I bet he didn't read terms and conditions and just accepted

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Fatheroflove(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2021
My brother pay them and rest, if somebody owe you and refuse to pay will you be happy with that person?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Rescued Near A Bush After Being ''Dumped'' By Unknown Persons. Photos / Kenyan Policewoman Kills Her 2 Lovers (Photo) / Man Who Spent 38 Years In Jail After Wrongful Convictions Gets $21M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.