Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 (910 Views)

Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo / Tafawa Balewa's Letter To South Africa In April 1961 (Throwback) / Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Welcomed In America In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by ThisisBuhari: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by NwaNimo1(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by mmb(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Visionary leaders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
Copied

PROTECTION OF NORTHERN CORE INTERESTS IS BEYOND PARTY POLITICS

Lessons for Southerners

For Yorubas Who Think They Have An Alliance In APC With Buhari's North. Please read slowly and digest it well.

Olutoyosi Omotoso thanks for the heads up on this.

The feelings in the North transcend politics and that’s from a personal experience.

In August of 2014, a particular project was to be relocated from Abuja to Lagos because the market survey dictated so. I was then the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology and I had to accompany the new minister of Aviation (Chidoka Osita) to the Federal Executive Council for the approval of the Boeing 737NG Simulator to be sited in Lagos because all the beneficiaries for the project are based in Lagos - so it made economic sense.

I was given the floor at the FEC to defend the relocation. Immediately Jonathan asked for any observations from his ministers after my submission from the ministers-in-council, all his core-Northern ministers visibly opposed it one after the other.

They even wondered why Abuja that it should be in the College in Zaria. Jonathan then asked me to address their objections, which I did uninterrupted for like another 3 minutes stressing that it was for advanced training and could not be in Zaria where ab intio training takes place and cited examples all over the world. From the screen in front of me I could see the president nodding as I spoke and convinced with my explanations.

Jonathan smiled and said, “I have been long in this council to know that people always fight for their own interests, I think the Rector’s argument is about the national interest. Any other objection? If not, it is passed.”

That day the whole Northern Press descended on my that I was relocating the project meant for Zaria to Lagos because I am from Lagos. They succeeded in the transfer of the then Perm Sec from the ministry arguing that both of us were from Lagos and dangerous to have both of us in the same ministry. I was called to meet with some Northern big elements, from the emir, Aliu Gasau, IBB to explain the reason. My explanations. seemed to assuage some of them. Some pretended to agree with our position.

When Buhari came in, in August 2015, during the Ministry of Aviation visit to the Vila to brief the new president about the state of our ministry, the CEOs of the Aviation agencies were led by a Perm Sec, a lady from Katsina because Buhari had not appointed ministers then.

After the briefing the only thing Buhari said was, “I understand there is this thing they use for pilot training that is being moved all over the place.” The Perm Sec pointed to me to answer the president, which I did, explaining in details the reasons for the relocation. I was, however, shocked because the earlier objections and intimidations were from the PDP Northern members.

After Buhari appointed ministers, I was called to be told that they have even decided that the project would now be sited in the College in Zaria. Hadi Sirika accused me of taking the project to Lagos for political reasons because I am from Lagos. I told him angrily that I took objection to what he said, that I am a professional and not a politician. I was so mad I didn’t know when I said they can take it to the palace if they want to, but it was not ideal for Zaria.

He laughed and said it has to be Zaria. When they took the matter back to FEC to reverse the location it was when Buhari was on sick holiday, I was not even invited the FEC.

Such experience informs me that when it comes to the interest of the Core North, there is no politics. I thought I should share for us to know the mindset of the people we are dealing with and re-strategise if need be.

Capt. Bayo Araba

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by flokii: 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
This was before the Igbo coupists struck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by Shetemi12(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Time really wait for no man
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by flokii: 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
Copied

PROTECTION OF NORTHERN CORE INTERESTS IS BEYOND PARTY POLITICS

Lessons for Southerners

For Yorubas Who Think They Have An Alliance In APC With Buhari's North. Please read slowly and digest it well.

Olutoyosi Omotoso thanks for the heads up on this.

The feelings in the North transcend politics and that’s from a personal experience.

In August of 2014, a particular project was to be relocated from Abuja to Lagos because the market survey dictated so. I was then the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology and I had to accompany the new minister of Aviation (Chidoka Osita) to the Federal Executive Council for the approval of the Boeing 737NG Simulator to be sited in Lagos because all the beneficiaries for the project are based in Lagos - so it made economic sense.

I was given the floor at the FEC to defend the relocation. Immediately Jonathan asked for any observations from his ministers after my submission from the ministers-in-council, all his core-Northern ministers visibly opposed it one after the other.

They even wondered why Abuja that it should be in the College in Zaria. Jonathan then asked me to address their objections, which I did uninterrupted for like another 3 minutes stressing that it was for advanced training and could not be in Zaria where ab intio training takes place and cited examples all over the world. From the screen in front of me I could see the president nodding as I spoke and convinced with my explanations.

Jonathan smiled and said, “I have been long in this council to know that people always fight for their own interests, I think the Rector’s argument is about the national interest. Any other objection? If not, it is passed.”

That day the whole Northern Press descended on my that I was relocating the project meant for Zaria to Lagos because I am from Lagos. They succeeded in the transfer of the then Perm Sec from the ministry arguing that both of us were from Lagos and dangerous to have both of us in the same ministry. I was called to meet with some Northern big elements, from the emir, Aliu Gasau, IBB to explain the reason. My explanations. seemed to assuage some of them. Some pretended to agree with our position.

When Buhari came in, in August 2015, during the Ministry of Aviation visit to the Vila to brief the new president about the state of our ministry, the CEOs of the Aviation agencies were led by a Perm Sec, a lady from Katsina because Buhari had not appointed ministers then.

After the briefing the only thing Buhari said was, “I understand there is this thing they use for pilot training that is being moved all over the place.” The Perm Sec pointed to me to answer the president, which I did, explaining in details the reasons for the relocation. I was, however, shocked because the earlier objections and intimidations were from the PDP Northern members.

After Buhari appointed ministers, I was called to be told that they have even decided that the project would now be sited in the College in Zaria. Hadi Sirika accused me of taking the project to Lagos for political reasons because I am from Lagos. I told him angrily that I took objection to what he said, that I am a professional and not a politician. I was so mad I didn’t know when I said they can take it to the palace if they want to, but it was not ideal for Zaria.

He laughed and said it has to be Zaria. When they took the matter back to FEC to reverse the location it was when Buhari was on sick holiday, I was not even invited the FEC.

Such experience informs me that when it comes to the interest of the Core North, there is no politics. I thought I should share for us to know the mindset of the people we are dealing with and re-strategise if need be.

Capt. Bayo Araba

Southerners simply need to wake up and stop acting timid in the face of oppression. One part of me feels sorry for Tinubu and his presidential bid cos I know what the North are capable of..

The one that pained me most is the Yorubas in PDP who could not drive home a point of presidency moving South during their recent national convention. Same way they allowed Jonathan marginalize Yorubas completely without expressing any displeasure or concern. In short most southern politicians are weak and docile.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:

The sad event that destroy many good things, they have been fearing fulani ever since
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by flokii: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
SlyDev:

The sad event that destroy many good things, they have been fearing fulani ever since

Imagine targeting leaders of thought from other ethnic groups for slaughter while they allowed Azikiwe flee the country following a tip-off before the sad event that changed the fortune of Nigeria.. those guys are wicked and desperate to say the least

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:

Imagine targeting leaders of thought from other ethnic groups for slaughter while they allowed Azikiwe flee the country following a tip-off before the sad event that changed the fortune of Nigeria.. those guys are wicked and desperate to say the least

They are still doing it, targeting Yoruba leaders while leaving their own leaders

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by adamsmith914: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:

Southerners simply need to wake up and stop acting timid in the face of oppression. One part of me feels sorry for Tinubu and his presidential bid cos I know what the North are capable of..

The one that pained me most is the Yorubas in PDP who could not drive home a point of presidency moving South during their recent national convention. Same way they allowed Jonathan marginalize Yorubas completely without expressing any displeasure or concern. In short most southern politicians are weak and docile.
What sense did you just make? Absolute Jargon, if you have nothing to contribute is best you Keep quiet. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by johnmartus(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
400 meters railway 19 million naira.
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by flokii: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
SlyDev:

They are still doing it, targeting Yoruba leaders while leaving their own leaders

Oh so you observed too.. they can't go North to attack their leaders there but they are all over Lekki toll plaza and Ikoyi looking for every means possible to attack prominent Yoruba leaders relevant in politics.

Yorubas matter don tire me.. Awolowo was humiliated and jailed for crimes he didn't commit. M.K.O and his wife Kudirat were murdered in cold blood over election he won.
Now they are gunning for Tinubu, Sanwo Olu and PYO yet some Yorubas are still forming indifferent to the evil script enemies of SW are playing. All I know is that their plot will fail.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by asanausana91: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
A good man killed by the children of hate.
In his cabinet 78℅ of all his appointment are igbos
He build the first Niger bridge for them.
Upon all this, the same people killed him.
You can never satisfy a child that his heart is full of hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by DOTian: 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:
The reason why your life is as useless as that of the country called Nigeria is because of lies like this.
You guys from AfonjaLand have been trying to excuse your monumental failure at state building with the fulanis by blaming the Igbos that have been away from the center since 1966. In the end, you are still stuck in your mud houses after earning trillions in oil sales.. Nigerias failure only validates the reasons for Nzeogwus coup!

Tafawa and The Sarduana sent your useless Awolowo to Calabar prisons where he would have died if not for the coup.
Tafawa and Sarduana turned the the west into a killing field with the "wild wild west west operation wetie" episode..
Tafawa and Sarduana forced a militarized conflict between Akintola and Awolowo for which the South West paid dearly in blood all over the streets of Ibadam, forcing Wole Soyinka to even attempt a coup...

But all that are forgiven because 4 Igbo officers were involved in a coup..right?
According to you, They tipped off Azikiwe? Did Murtala also tip off Gowon before overthrowing him in 1976? Because Gowon was in Kampala!
Did Babangida tip off idiagbon before his coup in 1985? Because Tunde idiagbon was in Mecca!
Empty vessels from the land of missing skulls...
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by flokii: 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
asanausana91:
A good man killed by the children of hate.
In his cabinet 78℅ of all his appointment are igbos
He build the first Niger bridge for them.
Upon all this, the same people killed him.
You can never satisfy a child that his heart is full of hatred.

That is the funniest part o.. Tafawa Balewa filled them into positions yet they still took his life.
I heard Ahmadu Bello was the one who took care of Nzeogwu and helped him in the military. Same Nzeogwu shot him dead at close range and sprayed bullet into the belly of his pregnant wife.
You can just imagine the cruelty. Damn!

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:

Oh so you observed too.. they can't go North to attack their leaders there but they are all over Lekki toll plaza and Ikoyi looking for every means possible to attack prominent Yoruba leaders relevant in politics.

Yorubas matter don tire me.. Awolowo was humiliated and jailed for crimes he didn't commit. M.K.O and his wife Kudirat were murdered in cold blood over election he won.
Now they are gunning for Tinubu, Sanwo Olu and PYO yet some Yorubas are still forming indifferent to the evil script enemies of SW are playing. All I know is that their plot will fail.

Some Yoruba don't have Yoruba blood in them, most of them change their name to Yoruba, many don't understand Ibos are the architect of everything they are pinning on Osinbajo and tinubu, they don't know they are pawn in the game
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by SIRTee15: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:

Those yoruba leaders u mentioned should demand for what the people actually want- restructuring.
U will be surprised how people will rally round them n fight for them.
Just what ibos are doing for nnamdi kanu.
For now, Tinubu n co are just fighting for their pockets not for yoruba interest. I wouldn't waste my resources or time on them.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by techWriter3: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
This disciplined before the Nigerians coupists hit.
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by flokii: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
SlyDev:

Some Yoruba don't have Yoruba blood in them, most of them change their name to Yoruba, many don't understand Ibos are the architect of everything they are pinning on Osinbajo and tinubu, they don't know they are pawn in the game

Words on marble.

Soon it will be game over for them when Yorubas finally decide to send them packing. Had it been they stayed in their region, they would face their leaders and demand good governance instead of attacking leaders of other ethnicities while theirs walk around like saints. They are like boil gradually turning cancerous in Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by flokii: 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
SIRTee15:

Those yoruba leaders u mentioned should demand for what the people actually want- restructuring.
U will be surprised how people will rally round them n fight for them.
Just what ibos are doing for nnamdi kanu.
For now, Tinubu n co are just fighting for their pockets not for yoruba interest. I wouldn't waste my resources or time on them.

Yes we need restructuring but we also need a good strategy to achieve that part of which is winning the presidential elections.

The real concern now is why only igbos attacking Yoruba leaders in Yoruba land.. what exactly could be giving them such mind if not 'see finish'. They need to be checkmated fast before war or something will breakout on their heads.
Re: Throwback Video Of Prime Minister Balewa Commissioning Borno Railway In 1964 by SIRTee15: 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:

Yes we need restructuring but we also need a good strategy to achieve that part of which is winning the presidential elections.

The real concern now is why only igbos attacking Yoruba leaders in Yoruba land.. what exactly could be giving them such mind if not 'see finish'. They need to be checkmated fast before war or something will breakout on their heads.

Ibo ranting only end in nairaland or twitter. In real life, they know their lane and they don't cross it. They are not our problem. Beside we both want the same thing- economic freedom and restructuring.
The people who will truncate tinubu presidential ambition are not ibos. Stop looking for none existent enemies.
Just like one of the Yoruba monarch said couple of days back, we should stop living in past glories and focus on the present or we risk lagging behind.
Now what is tinubu or osinbajo doing about the above? Nothing, the present yoruba politicians installed by tinubu are the worst to have ruled in Yorubaland. So greedy n selfish.
Tinubu is simply using the yoruba camouflage to achieve his presidency goal, he has no genuine interest for the yoruba.

(1) (Reply)

Iyiola Omisore Crept Into My Life Like A Silent Malignant Cancer, Bisi Akande / BREAKING: Alhaji Auta, Zamfara Banditry Kingpin, Bombed To Death / No Igbo President Till 2039

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.