Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:47 PM

The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. (2599 Views)

Yorubas Only:The New city Scape of The Southwestern part of Nigeria.Drone View / Peter Obi Accommodating Flood Victims From Kogi State In 2012 (Throwback Video)) / Fulani Leaders Boast About Aso Rock, Threaten More Killing Of Yorubas – YOV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. by hollah123: 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

We did our best to select your son Osinbande as kept him as VP even when we hav re more qualified people that can take the seat from NC and you cannot kneel down and thank us ?
deadcountry so this is your alternate moniker, u have been exposed.

I know u will b surprised how I knew it
Re: The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. by airsaylongcome: 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
AchalugoNwa:

Because you base your information and assessment on nairaland.
Nairaland politics section is full of sadistic cowards that hides behind the anonymity of the forum to carry out their devilish act
Not true. Many of us have lived with and among Igbos. They aren't very welcoming. I get spoken to in Igbo by most Igbo people when they first see me. Apparently I "look" Igbo. After having to convince them that I'm not Igbo they switch and become somewhat cold

2 Likes

Re: The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 10, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Not true. Many of us have lived with and among Igbos. They aren't very welcoming. I get spoken to in Igbo by most Igbo people when they first see me. Apparently I "look" Igbo. After having to convince them that I'm not Igbo they switch and become somewhat cold

I had the same experience with them during my service year. They are insular and clannish and always looking to cheat especially when they discover you're a non-indigene

They assume everyone they meet is Igbo and speak their language at will. You hear how corpers are offered free rides because of their uniform. No such thing happened during my time. In my experience, they are not very nice people. It makes you wonder why their own people go elsewhere to "make it"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. by airsaylongcome: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2021
kneehighbootz:

I had the same experience with them during my service year. They are insular and clannish and always looking to cheat especially when they discover you're a non-indigene

They assume everyone they meet is Igbo and speak their language at will. You hear how corpers are offered free rides because of their uniform. No such thing happened during my time. In my experience, they are not very nice people. It makes you wonder why their own people go elsewhere to "make it"

My experience too was during my service year! And it's very very similar to yours. Insular doesn't even start describing it. I lived at a corper's lodge with over 20 of us. Maybe 25 with 3 or 4 of us non-igbos. It was nightmarish. I didn't feel welcomed at all. In rage I ended up dating and "playing" two of the girls there. Conversation for another day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jagaban Gives Earthshaking Speech, Crowd Goes Gaga / Theyre turning Hilda to A Distraction From The Real News And Burning Issues / Tonye Princewill For Rivers State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.