Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,634 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did (71333 Views)

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
A young man simply identified as Lateef has thanked God for surviving the horrific Ikoyi building collapse.

According to The PUNCH,
it was observed that the impact of the building collapse affected Lateef’s left eye, chest, back and right leg. The 32-year-old artisan said he never believed he could have another shot at life after he found himself trapped in the rubble.

He said:
“It was God’s mercy that I survived. I begged him for mercy because I thought the end had come. I had concluded that I would die and decided to say final prayers so that I would make heaven.”

Recounting his horrendous experience under the debris, Lateef said he was in a bent position for several hours and became so weak that he nearly passed out.

He added, “There was a lighter with me. I turned it on and saw dead bodies everywhere. Bricks had fallen on some people and they were struggling to breathe. It was a horrible way to die and I don’t wish it for my enemies. I was touching the heads of dead people. With this experience, I will never work in high-rise buildings again.”

Saturday PUNCH abruptly ended the conversation with Lateef as nurses and security men parading the hospital corridor became suspicious.

The PUNCH correspondent also entered another ward where Oduntan and three other survivors were admitted.

Surprisingly, one would hardly notice Oduntan was a victim as there was no visible mark of injuries on his body. “It was the grace of God,” he said, beaming with excitement.

Oduntan, who resides in the Agege area of the state, said he started working at the site four weeks ago as a labourer, adding that he and few others were eating in the backyard of the building when the tragedy struck.

He recounted:
“We were all confused and ran to hide somewhere. I hid near a container. Everywhere was cloudy and dark; we couldn’t see anything. I heard the sound of something crashing towards the spot where I hid and shifted my body. A brick fell on my right hand. I struggled to pull it off and came out myself. It was just God that saved me. Everything happened within seconds.

“I called for help and some people assisted me to rescue Sunday (Monday) and two other persons close to where I hid. We wanted to rescue more people but police chased us away from the site.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/buried-in-rubble-of-21-storey-ikoyi-building-surrounded-by-corpses-we-thought-the-end-had-come-survivors/%3famp

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by deen84(m): 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2021
Thank God for his life

182 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by roundman: 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2021
Police chase them away, nigerian police useless as always.

392 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Joeblazeochola(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
police chase dem away and did nothing to help oh undecided

244 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by mightyhaze: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2021
roundman:
Police chase them away, nigerian police useless as always.
useless as 'U' in mannequin and biscuit

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Saao(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2021
May God help us, not a good experience at all. Mistake or greed of one man caused so many people pains

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by alphaNomega: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
mightyhaze:
useless as u in mannequin and biscuit

It's either you're a policeman or your loved one is.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Olumighty123(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2021
mightyhaze:
useless as u in mannequin and biscuit

Very very useless, I wonder why they didn't join hands in rescuing people trapped, stood there like a bunch of fools

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by InvestorRicky(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
Nigeria seems to have the most senseless & useless policemen on the whole planet.

169 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Shetemi12(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
He who has life should be thankful.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by ActuaRise696969: 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
He was at the wrong place and the wrong time. Those who died were at the right place at the right time to exit the hologram as soul family. Nothing happens without a reason, those who died had to exit.

Tick tock, Tick tock, tick tock.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by mightyhaze: 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
alphaNomega:

It's either you're a policeman or your loved one is.

my bad.. I should put the 'U' in quotes. Read again

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2021
ActuaRise696969:
He was at the wrong place and the wrong time. Those who died where at the right place at the right time to exit the hologram as soul family. Nothing happens without a reason, those who died had to exit.

Tick tock, Tick tock, tick tock.
Mtcheww

Trash!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by bestman09(m): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
sad
Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by alphaNomega: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2021
mightyhaze:
my bad.. I should put the 'U' in quotes. Read again

Haha... gotta love our punctuations

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Omobada(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2021
Thank God for saving you

6 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:59pm On Nov 06, 2021
Wow!!!! Thank God!!!

4 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by GreaterFuture(m): 11:02pm On Nov 06, 2021
Fortunate

2 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Sirmuel1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
Joeblazeochola:
police chase dem away and did nothing to help oh undecided

You should know how useless they are

20 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by drlaykay(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good for him
By the way, Lateef sounds like a Muslim name.
But a religious bigot said they didn't allow Muslims to work there.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Judolisco(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
Thank God for you... Nigeria police sef.. Eni ori yo odile... Baba say him no go work for high rise building again

12 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by xpressionx(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
Why would police chase people who want to help away?
Over zealous Nigeria Police

19 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
Life is precious.

I can't imagine that scenario, somebody will be in an awkward posture for hours.

6 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Grace001: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
I called for help and some people assisted me to rescue Sunday (Monday) and two other persons close to where I hid. We wanted to rescue more people but police chased us away from the site.

Tor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Thank God for your life. It's a miracle to survive that collapse. shocked

Off topic:
I thought they said this man doesn't employ Muslims?
So how did lateef got a job there? undecided

35 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
There was a lighter with me. I turned it on and saw dead bodies everywhere
See how Poly/blunt/cigar/Igbo safe person... Isn't Jah Rastafarian?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by jojo1415: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Such a sad situation....May the souls of the dead rest in peace cry

4 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nigerian police chase them away? And I'm sure they can't save those these people are saving. It seems nothing in Nigeria is right..

13 Likes

Re: Artisan Who Survived Ikoyi Building Collapse Reveals What He Did by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Olumighty123:

Very very useless, I wonder why they didn't join hands in rescuing people trapped, stood there like a bunch of fools
They are actually fools, buffoons

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) / Picture Of A House On Top Of Another House / DIY Construction Of My House In PH.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.