Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu (29861 Views)

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Collapsed Building In Lagos: List Of Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
Issokay
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by FKMagazine(m): 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
Sanwo olu shud keep quiet pls
Why is he the one telling us? That means he doesn't have any feeling, for the families of the deseased
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Sharatan(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
By this time the ooze of rottening corpses there will be unbearable. Oluwa, help your people.
Protect me from every lurking danger

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by OminickConcept: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
chatinent:
49 missing?

Were people already living in the building under construction? So Lagos State was already collecting taxes for the building under construction?

Mehn..

With common sense, how many people do you think can work on a site with about 22 storey building?

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Lugianostar(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
They is no system in Nigeria except for cutting corners and now people will die for these government negligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Salvichealth: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
Righteousness2:
I Believe there are People still in that rubble that will be brought out alive.

Amen!!!!!!!�

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by 007lss: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
vanbonattel:
And Tinubu is getting 42 years younger.
No oooooo......... 42 or 92 years younger
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by gassbee: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
mooremoney:
They should hold the vice president responsible, he can't continue denying everything...
on wat grounds
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
ActuaRise696969:
Why was there so many people including the builder in an uncompleted structure?

Humans are so crazy.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Felabrity: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
Still can't believe how 50 person's were inside and uncompleted building, even if they are workers
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by clayh(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
Such a terrible lost.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by bebe2(f): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
please can someobe explain to me why there where so many people in the uncompleted buiding
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by ORIAYO70(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
vanbonattel:

You might one day hang up if u r not in Lagos, or literally try Cms or any mainland brigde cos of Tinubu
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by OgunkeelAllMod: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
vanbonattel:
Tinubu is is typical hypocrite yorrobanza moosleem traitor just like the rest of his riffraff illiterate e-urchins, no future agberos, and bastards children of alagbo seller littering south WASTE and some part of Abuja here undecided

The Ankara wearing demons are among the worst being to happen to this world undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by mightykay(m): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
baralatie:
49 missing

42 dead

15 alive

Rescue still ongoing?

Jesus Christ!

sad

Are you guys saying there were 100 or more in that building!

Lord Jesus deliver us from the wicked plan of our enemies
I'm telling u, this may be work of the power of darkness, it may not even be structural defect or substandard material, I ve never heard where the owner of a building unfortunately be around when their structure collapse, even when people already living inside.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by OmejeGuy: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
bebe2:
please can someobe explain to me why there where so many people in the uncompleted buiding

The newly built port Harcourt International Airport Terminal that was commissioned in 2018, at a point over 400 nigerian workers work there simultaneously, excluding the Chinese staffs. Just two storey Airport terminal without cargo building oooo

Over 400.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by seyz91(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
i believe because the two of you believe
BrickDevo:

I believe because you believe

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by BigBashiru: 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2021
lessonotes:
May God console the Family of the bereaved. 42 dead is a high number. This is so so sad embarassed cry cry

even just one is a high number...

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by juniorstar(m): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
Righteousness2:
Very true..to show that God still reigns in the affairs of men.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by ednut1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
chatinent:
49 missing?

Were people already living in the building under construction? So Lagos State was already collecting taxes for the building under construction?

Mehn..
construction workers , owner and team,investors and buyers etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by bebe2(f): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
OmejeGuy:

The newly built port Harcourt International Airport Terminal that was commissioned in 2018, at a point over 400 nigerian workers work there simultaneously, excluding the Chinese staffs. Just two storey Airport terminal without cargo building oooo

Over 400.

so all these people where workers?
was the boss present there daily or was it a coincidence?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Watinhapen(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
I still don’t understand how so many people died in an uncompleted building. Where people living in the building already? Or are there so many workers in the building? I don’t get it
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by seyz91(m): 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
cheesy
oluwaseyi0:

Unfortunately your mere belief doesn't have a real effect on reality

It's just like you believing you are the richest man ever that believe won't change the reality that you ain't among top 1million rich people or you believing you are 5 years rather than your current age
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Dorlarphor10: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
I don't understand why people are asking for why people are many in that building like that. Do you think the building is one bungalow or Upstairs like that. I expect at least 150 people to be there( minimum). This is 21 floors building ooo, a lot of work will be going on simultaneously.

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by agabusta: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
jaxxy:
Poor rescue operation. No technology deployed to save lives just a manual and archaic means.

When the continental hotels was being built u will know without a doubt that’s a solid structure bt what I don’t understand is why they placed their generators on the roof.

Probably space constraints. I cant imagine the cost of replacing that generator in that location.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by OgunkeelAllMod: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
chatinent:
49 missing?

Mehn..
you go shock the number of homeless yorrobanza people in Lagos! Under bridges ,shanties ,slums, ghettos and inside thousands of derelict uncompleted building undecided All Yoruba are from Lagos

That's their stupid pride undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

I was really hopeful that the owner would make it out alive

But God know better

R. I. P. To the dead

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by BarrElChapo(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
NOC1:

Yea, is a massive site. If you go to that site when the project commenced it is like a mini market. The pace of work was something else, I believe the number of casualties were less because this is the stage where skilled laborers work.

I wonder what they numbers they were expecting in a 21 stories building site 5 persons undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
juniorstar:

Very true..to show that God still reigns in the affairs of men.
Yes so true bro!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by BarrElChapo(m): 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
ZKOSOSO:

I was really hopeful that the owner would make it out alive

But God know better

R. I. P. To the dead

His P.A nifemi we lived together during our service year in Enugu.. very jovial lady and our birthdays are a day apart later this month too.. too bad we lost them..

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by OgunkeelAllMod: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2021
agabusta:

Probably space constraints. I cant imagine the cost of replacing that generator in that location.
they will either dismantle it piecemeal or have a new one flown over there.
How high is the hotel compared to Mount Everest and still have chopper flying over it undecided Mek we no talk about burg Khalifa ..Nigerian building Engineer are shiTt abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos / Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years / Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.