Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu (29820 Views)

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Collapsed Building In Lagos: List Of Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Lightorder: 12:53am On Nov 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
I Believe there are People still in that rubble that will be brought out alive.
me too

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by isoh(m): 1:25am On Nov 07, 2021
Such a terrible lost.

Don't forget to save yourself and wards from unnecessary UTME trauma next year. Choose JUPEB now and be in 200L without JAMB.

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by calcal: 2:17am On Nov 07, 2021
chatinent:
49 missing?

Were people already living in the building under construction? So Lagos State was already collecting taxes for the building under construction?

Mehn..

and sending the tax to their Fulani master while their people are dying like chicken
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Selfmotivated: 2:32am On Nov 07, 2021
Doraty1:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/breaking-ikoyi-building-collapse-number-of-survivors-now-15-dead-42-%e2%80%95-sanwo-olu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Sanwo-olu is a mischievous maker. How then you didn't seal the building, who give him the go ahead to build 22 instead of 15. People of same feather.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Kayharry(m): 4:03am On Nov 07, 2021
how many people do u think can be working in an uncompleted building of 21 storey ? In a bungalow about 5 or more people can be working at same time not to talk of a 21 storey building.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Jeffy1206(m): 4:20am On Nov 07, 2021
Chai can those people still be alive? cry God help ur children sad
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by anataala: 5:07am On Nov 07, 2021
The government need to sell the property and compensate the families of the deceased and also the injured
Doraty1:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/breaking-ikoyi-building-collapse-number-of-survivors-now-15-dead-42-%e2%80%95-sanwo-olu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by spiralwedge(m): 5:28am On Nov 07, 2021
If you love youself, avoid newly built storey buildings in this useless country. For residential purpose, avoid even a storey building built within the last ten years.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by iamtardey: 5:35am On Nov 07, 2021
i believe you
Fahdiga:
Sanwo-olu has failed woefully and should tender his resignation letter with apology asap
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Fahdiga(m): 5:41am On Nov 07, 2021
yahmohy27:

Ipob mind your business
Shatap
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by barcaboi(m): 6:10am On Nov 07, 2021
chatinent:
49 missing?

Were people already living in the building under construction? So Lagos State was already collecting taxes for the building under construction?

Mehn..
Read again; it was under construction. It’s a 21 storey; so u expect 3 workers?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Adakintroy: 6:30am On Nov 07, 2021
Rip to the dead .

Buildings collaspes Everytime for agege, iyana ipaja. Or ajegunle. But as na ikoyi them go read am out like covid result.

Again r.i.p to the dead
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by jaxxy(m): 7:04am On Nov 07, 2021
Timblogga:
generators on roof? you mean continental or the crashed 360?

Lagos continental hotel vi. It’s a 23 storey and has its gen on the roof.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by ChevKing(m): 7:43am On Nov 07, 2021
OnlineArchitect:
God rest their souls. It's such a sad event happening at this point in time...

I'll still sound it to prospective building owners, try not to cut cost and not compare your engineer/architect to cut corners for you. Make sure you follow due process from planning stage to construction stage down to finishing stage..

If you intend to build a bungalow try to get a good architectural design. Here u don't need a structural design for it

While if you intend to build a
duplex/high-rise building make sure you obtain the architectural drawings and also structural drawings, M&E also applicable and make sure it's been followed as specificied by the structural engineer. Why am saying it is most times you hear clients say i don't need a structural design for this project engineer use ur experience to build it for me Dats the Nigerian way we like to cut corners alot which most times doesn't end well as the end result isn't always a sight to behold. Let's follow due process always and save ourselves from impending doom. God-bless

I want to believe you are not a professional, you should be reported to the appropriate bodies. What do you mean by you don't need structural drawing for a bungalow. A building is an engineering product and MUST be executed by an Engineer. Do we blame the country when ARCHITECTS and QS are specifying structural elements. To those who care and live in waterlogged environment please get an Engineer irrespective of the size of your building. Every building is unique, don't listen to I HAVE DONE IT 100 TIME IN 1000 CITIES.
Forget those beautiful renders and models, get an Engineer on your project irrespective of size.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by ChevKing(m): 8:25am On Nov 07, 2021
jaxxy:

Lagos continental hotel vi. It’s a 23 storey and has its gen on the roof.

Hello Chief, It is NOT GENERATOR but outdoor units for your Airconditioners (VRF) It is what you call central AC.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by vandersave: 8:32am On Nov 07, 2021
vanbonattel:
And Tinubu is getting 42 years younger.

5 litres kerosene people, we have seen you. When you have a bad dream it is Tinubu.
Tinubu is your nightmare. Keep fixated on him while he doesn't even know if you exist.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by jaxxy(m): 8:47am On Nov 07, 2021
T
ChevKing:

Hello Chief, It is NOT GENERATOR but outdoor units for your Airconditioners (VRF) It is what you call central AC.
Thank you.

No it’s a generator I saw when they were put on and the noise and smoke. I wonder what was going on up there. Unless they have some other machinery up there that creates smoke and noise.

I hope it’s not a generator bt there’s no other space for generators around the building space unless it’s underground.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by chatinent: 8:56am On Nov 07, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"Mind your speech online, you are typing under a business profile...be guided, my candid advice". - Village People spokesperson.
Yes sir.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by ChevKing(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2021
OnlineArchitect:

Enjoy the rest of your day cool

You get mind tag me con still call me fool. Se na ASOM abi na wetin them they call you. So you dey build for your village for Uromi you dey Nairaland they brag bah. Wonders of sha never end! May our path cross in this industry.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by twinskenny(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2021
Dorlarphor10:
I don't understand why people are asking for why people are many in that building like that. Do you think the building is one bungalow or Upstairs like that. I expect at least 150 people to be there( minimum). This is 21 floors building ooo, a lot of work will be going on simultaneously.
i still don’t get why they are asking that question… about 25 mason left to work on that building from my neighborhood…

There are
Plumber
Electrician
Mason
Supervisors
Alluminium guy and so on…
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by 1forall: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:
Why was there so many people including the builder in an uncompleted structure?

Humans are so crazy.

People would've been mostly working. A 21 storey structure will employ tens of contractors who will bring a lot of their workers to site. Some lazy workers could have been sleeping, eating or whatever. At that stage of completion, a few floors may have been used as temporary offices and stores. Contractors and consultants would also hold periodic meetings on site.

Let's not criticize too much, it's just tragic and a total disaster.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by felzokugo(m): 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:
Why was there so many people including the builder in an uncompleted structure?

Humans are so crazy.

How will d building be built if the builder is not in d building??
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by ActuaRise696969: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
felzokugo:

How will d building be built if the builder is not in d building??

I build, I do not hang out in the basement of a building under construction. I build a bungalow makeshift where stuff are stored, where planning is discussed and meters away from the building under construction. I think his ignorance has cost him his life and that of others, especially when he negated structural approvals and depended on greed and ego to chart the course of his life. He built weak structure and didnt follow the rules. He paid dearly for his madness with his life and took others along with it.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Guzx: 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Oh
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by Princewell2012(m): 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Toluwanise247:
I strongly believe over 100 people have lost their lives already

Yes for them to accept 49 is dead meaning more than 100 is already gone. And can you imagine up till now they are still searching . What kind of country is this?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by agabusta: 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
OgunkeelAllMod:
they will either dismantle it piecemeal or have a new one flown over there.
How high is the hotel compared to Mount Everest and still have chopper flying over it undecided Mek we no talk about burg Khalifa ..Nigerian building Engineer are shiTt abeg

shocked The risk of installing a generator with helicopter on an high rise building is just too high. The cost will equally be unbearable. Let me just assume they used a high crane and would probably deploy same in its decommissioning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years / Between Tenant And Landlord, Who Is Responsible For This? / Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.