Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? (10014 Views)

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman / Thousands Of Muslims Baptize And They Cry For Joy Thereby Speaking In Tongues / Is It Wrong For And Individual Christian To Baptize A Sinner After Be Preached T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by c9a6s6h6boy(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
The first church that he baptized is ok there is no point for another baptizitisam

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by brainhgeek(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Polynek:
One Christianity different doctrines rubbish undecided
Sometimes I think Muslims are beta Dan us in some aspects of religion
But look at Muslims all over Nigeria, they preach thesame thing and practice it.

No sir, they don't. They also have sects and belief differ

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by achorladey: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
chukwugoziegi:
I'm guessing the new church is R.C.C.G. They are the ones with such disgusting doctrine.

When my aunt switched from Baptist to Redeem, she was told to get baptized again despite the fact that it was the same water Immersion they did her in Baptist.

Long Story short, aunty refused saying she can't get baptized twice. When she died they denied her body entry inside the church because she wasn't baptised in R.C.C.G. Only baptised members are brought into the church when they die.

DISGUSTING DOCTRINE!

They are not the only ones with such doctrines.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Polynek(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
brainhgeek:

No sir, they don't. They also have sects and belief differ
Please get the point, I know wat U mean
Now can u compare the level of segregation among Christian's to that of Muslims?
YES or NO? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

How is baptism not too much?

How many times did Jesus baptize?

Why are churches forcing people to baptise again when those people have baptised in other churches?

For ur first question: Acts 19:1-5

Search ur bible for better understanding..

How can I know that? It was recorded once to fulfil all righteousness.

For ur last question go and re-read my previous response to u pls . There are a lot of mysteries surrounding baptism. Like i said earlier just being baptised is not enough. Knowing what it stands for and understanding its purpose is paramount. We argue intelligently to learn not to gather likes or increase views by lengthening the page with all these unnecessary back nd forth question. Serving God takes faith and faith comes from the word of God not any church or pastor. If ur not convinced about any practice search the word and see what it says. I have said mine. Whether Jesus was baptised once or 10 times i do not know. It was only recorded once in the bible..

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by godofuck231: 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
No except you be religious oluloshio

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by igbowoman: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Cynergy:

Infact, I don't understand at all. I have been baptized by immersion in my former church (Foursquare) at the Unilag lagoon front years ago, and I have my certificate intact. Now the RCCG presently I am planning to join their workforce insisted that I should go through all the classes again which I obliged to, Infact, weeks from now they are planning to conduct Baptism for our set. Funny enough I asked several of our Teachers in the church, all they said; "it is RCCG policy". To be honest, churches should not subjected already baptised Christians to another round of this process especially someone that have done it thoroughly in a church like Foursquare Gospel Church. Infact, if I compare both churches process my former church is even more thorough than what I am being thought in my new church. Countless times my class teachers always asked me how I did so well in the class test but all
thanks to my prior knowledge in the whole process from my former church. So in a nutshell, going through all the process all over again for someone like me, is like someone that is already in Jss1 asked to rewrite common entrance again because the new school insisted I have to retake common entrance examination before i can be admitted into their own Jss1 class. Even if this done in the secular world , I believe in Christianity it should not be so, because on Judgement day nobody will be asked to identify the name or denomination of the churches they belong to.

Don't you know RCCG is a cult
Why are you there in the first place?
They baptize you into the cult of daddy not into Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
igbowoman:

Don't you know RCCG is a cult
Why are you there in the first place?
They baptize you into the cult of daddy not into Christ.
Stop ur display of ignorance
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by loswhite(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
If he was not rightly baptized then nothing wrong in doing it the right way
Please what is the right way?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lereinter(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
Certificate of worker lolzzzzz

Do you know what the Bible call Babe Christian

They are tossed around by wind of church doctrine
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by pasuma(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
My brother which one is certificate as a worker ? Gal 3:1 ... My brother except of course you derive any benefits from this business transaction, I'd advise you use your head abeg
Etizz:
Blessed Sunday to you guys, A friend of mine who has Baptiste before in a different church decided to switch to another church entirely, but the pastor of the new church insisted that he must Baptiste again.

My friend is a worker in church (drummer), he stopped going to church because the pastor refused to pray for him and also refused issue him a certificate as a worker in the church because he did not Baptiste in the church....

My question is, after baptism, do you have to Baptiste again because one have to change church?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by geechy: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
Use geechy

@op...

Celestial church and Abosso apostolic no dey use eye see koboko or bulala....

Them ar gonna wipe you real good with it on the day of baptism....

That kind church no good to join as adult. Join them in your infanthood

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Etizz: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
pasuma:
My brother which one is certificate as a worker ? Gal 3:1 ... My brother except of course you derive any benefits from this business transaction, I'd advise you use your head abeg

Hmmm....in church these days, they issue certificate as a worker oh, guess u are not aware of it
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by bilulu(m): 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
AntiChristian:
Yes, you need another baptism. As a Catholic who married an Anglican man, you need to do another baptism to chop communion!

That your former church na church?
You don't need a second baptism in the case you pointed out, catholic recognize othe orthodox baptism but not those protestants....
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by zela(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
You don't need water baptism to receive the Salvation of Christ... But we don't want this conversation.
When you realize who you are in Christ you will know that immersing in water or not cannot stop you from being saved... Christ did not died for that.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
killmods:

For ur first question: Acts 19:1-5

Search ur bible for better understanding..

How can I know that? It was recorded once to fulfil all righteousness.

For ur last question go and re-read my previous response to u pls . There are a lot of mysteries surrounding baptism. Like i said earlier just being baptised is not enough. Knowing what it stands for and understanding its purpose is paramount. We argue intelligently to learn not to gather likes or increase views by lengthening the page with all these unnecessary back nd forth question. Serving God takes faith and faith comes from the word of God not any church or pastor. If ur not convinced about any practice search the word and see what it says. I have said mine. Whether Jesus was baptised once or 10 times i do not know. It was only recorded once in the bible..

What is d difference between d two types of baptism mentioned in d scripture u referenced? Is there no difference?

How does acts 19:1-5 help answer d question of How is baptism not too much?

How many times did Jesus baptize? If u say Jesus baptised once, then where does acts 19:1-5 fit into d discussion?

It's cos I read ur last response that am repeating this question:

Why are churches forcing people to baptise again when those people have baptised in other churches?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Are u saying that based on d above, you cant tell us d difference between paradise and the kingdom of God despite your claim that paradise and the kingdom of God are two different things?

Can't u state Where is the kingdom of God and where paradise is?

You said Jesus didn't ascend into heaven (kingdom of heaven) after resurrection, where did he ascend to? Any scriptural backing?

Where did u get ur opinion that "Baptism is the door into the Kingdom of God it a must one be baptized before granted entry into the Kingdom of God".
Again You are the one here who concluded that the thief on the cross entered into the Kingdom of God when none of what Jesus Christ said to Him indicates that at all. So, I ought to be the one expecting answers from you in this. undecided

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- until after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from?

Read John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Mark 16 vs 17-19, on what Jesus Christ taught on salvation, entering into the Kingdom and the place of baptism by water.. being born of water. undecided

Also, read Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Luke 13 vs 22 - 30, to learn of the existence of two gates into the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by DeRichard(m): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:
Blessed Sunday to you guys, A friend of mine who has Baptiste before in a different church decided to switch to another church entirely, but the pastor of the new church insisted that he must Baptiste again.

My friend is a worker in church (drummer), he stopped going to church because the pastor refused to pray for him and also refused issue him a certificate as a worker in the church because he did not Baptiste in the church....

My question is, after baptism, do you have to Baptiste again because one have to change church?

I'm real Christianity, if you get born again and you get baptized in a true Bible believing church, you don't need to get baptized again.

True water baptism is done once.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by FKMagazine(m): 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
It is never in any Bible verse
But note, you must be baptised with the holy Spirit before you can be called a true child of God
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by rooney(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
kingjoe:
What is he scared of.he can do another baptism.i did baptism in one church and when I changed church,I did another one.
Especially when you don't have a certificate to present to the new church as evidence.
My friend just do another one.take as a renewal of relationship with God
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again You are the one here who concluded that the thief on the cross entered into the Kingdom of God when none of what Jesus Christ said to Him indicates that at all. So, I ought to be the one expecting answers from you in this. undecided

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- until after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from?

Read John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Mark 16 vs 17-19, on what Jesus Christ taught on salvation, entering into the Kingdom and the place of baptism by water.. being born of water. undecided

Also, read Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 and Luke 13 vs 22 - 30, to learn of the existence of two gates into the Kingdom of God. undecided

Kobojunkie:
Who told you the their on the cross entered into the Kingdom of God? undecided

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- only after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from? undecided

Are u saying that based on d above, you cant tell us d difference between paradise and the kingdom of God despite your claim that paradise and the kingdom of God are two different things?

You said Jesus didn't ascend into heaven (kingdom of heaven) after resurrection, where did he ascend to? Any scriptural backing?

Where did u get ur opinion that "Baptism is the door into the Kingdom of God it a must one be baptized before granted entry into the Kingdom of God".
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
kingjoe:
What is he scared of.he can do another baptism.i did baptism in one church and when I changed church,I did another one.
Especially when you don't have a certificate to present to the new church as evidence.
My friend just do another one.take as a renewal of relationship with God

How does redoing baptism indicate a renewal of your relationship with God?

Does rccg accept baptism from others churches despite certificate to show?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ said He would see the man that day in paradise, not Kingdom of God, and we all know Jesus Christ did not ascend into Heaven- Kingdom of Heaven- only after He rose from the dead. So, where do you get your own story from? undecided

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
zela:
You don't need water baptism to receive the Salvation of Christ... But we don't want this conversation.
When you realize who you are in Christ you will know that immersing in water or not cannot stop you from being saved... Christ did not died for that.
According to Jesus Christ, you do - John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Mark 16 vs 16 - 19 & Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Luke 13 vs 4 - 6 . So where does your idea or salvation come from since it is not of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Guzx: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
No
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by makaveli902: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
If he was not rightly baptized then nothing wrong in doing it the right way
And how is one rightly baptised ma?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor AIO, Come Teach Us The Truth. / HE SAVED ME -spoken Word Poetry Lyrics / Eela Iwori Ifa Temple Celebration Day 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.