Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? (19080 Views)

Anambra2021: Ihiala LGA Election Will Hold Tomorrow 9th November 2021. / Anambra2021: Where Are The 230,201 APC Members Who Voted In The Primaries? / Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:11am On Nov 07, 2021
I need individual inputs on this discussion.
Did the Governorship Debates and the isolated interviews and media engagements with the Governorship Candidates affect your choice of Voting in the Anambra Governorship Election??
As for me,, the Answer is YES.!!
The Arise-TV Governorship Debate of 1st November 2021 greatly affected my decision.
Before the debate, I had no single candidate in mind to vote for.
I used to count all of them as crooks.
But after listening to the debate, and after digested their views and their approaches to governance, I made a decision.

Please... I don't need anybody to come out and be telling us the particular candidate he/she voted for.
I just need to know the reasons behind your decisions.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by cpu2006(m): 7:17am On Nov 07, 2021
SOLUDO is an asset to Anambra state. The best among them all

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2021
So....
What about you that is reading this??
Did any of the debates or interviews or media engagements affect your decision on which candidate to vote for??
Or you had a candidate in your mind all the while, and nothing shook your earliest decisions, and you finally voted for that same candidate that had always been in your mind??
(In other words,, what prompted your decision for the Candidate you voted for??)
I don't need anybody to tell me the particular candidate he/she voted for.
I all I need is the reason behind your decisions.
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Officialgarri: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2021
Before election, 90% (of those who will really go out to vote) already know whom to vote. The 10% is only a charade.

So talking about debate, many politicians will often gamble with it. They will choose not to appear and take a 50:50 chance.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:22am On Nov 07, 2021
YES.. It does, that PDP guy was able to garner some votes because of his performance.
Also people saw how empty Andy Uba is.

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by ndizzle(m): 7:23am On Nov 07, 2021
Its simply vote buying. Thats what needs to be tackled in all nigeria elections. Who buys most wins the most. Nigerians are hungry so most sell their votes even if they dont prefer the candidate the most.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by SILVERLINES: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2021
Op you are that type of person who believe bubu when he says I am shock

6 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:28am On Nov 07, 2021
cpu2006:
I suspect too
You suspected what exactly?
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:30am On Nov 07, 2021
Officialgarri:
Before election, 90% (of those who will really go out to vote) already know whom to vote. The 10% is only a charade.

So talking about debate, many politicians will often gamble with it. They will choose not to appear and take a 50:50 chance.

Can I have the Source of this statistics of yours??
I need to cross-check something from the source...
Meanwhile, are you saying that the debates and the media interviews affected NOTHING??

3 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:31am On Nov 07, 2021
SILVERLINES:
Op you are that type of person who believe bubu when he says I am shock
You can't conclude on one premise alone.
So, what you just typed is as good as inconsequential.
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Penguin2: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2021
ndizzle:
Its simply vote buying. Thats what needs to be tackled in all nigeria elections. Who buys most wins the most. Nigerians are hungry so most sell their votes even if they dont prefer the candidate the most.

Did you hear of vote buying in Anambra?
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:04am On Nov 07, 2021
Penguin2:

Did you hear of vote buying in Anambra?
People shared money at the Polling-units as usual, others shared Malt And Gala shaa..
But I don't think those ones affected the choices of voters much.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Penguin2: 8:11am On Nov 07, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
People shared money at the Polling-units as usual, others shared Malt And Gala shaa..
But I don't think those ones affected the choices of voters much.

The malt and Gala saga happened days before the election.

And the only incident of money sharing was the video that showed people rejecting 5k offered by a certain party.

Is there another?

21 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Bluntsisi: 8:15am On Nov 07, 2021
The separate individual interviews affected my decisions more..
Especially those Skype Interviews that are done by Channels TV..
The Arise-TV Governorship Debate just made me to confirm my decisions, and I became more certain

5 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:22am On Nov 07, 2021
Penguin2:

The malt and Gala saga happened days before the election.

And the only incident of money sharing was the video that showed people rejecting 5k offered by a certain party.

Is there another?
YES..
Right in front of me at the Polling-unit.
All the parties were sharing something to those that voted for their party, while the election was going on.
Some were sharing N1k..
Others were sharing N2k..
Others were sharing Malt and Gala.
The other video you saw (about malt and N400) happened some days before the election naa..
Even the video of rejected N5k happened some days before the election.
None of the videos you mentioned happened on the election day.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by heykims(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2021
Election debates only change the perception of less than 2% of voters, it is inconsequential.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BlackPantherxXx: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2021
angry
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by helinues: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2021
No, Pdp candidate performed better than the others during the debate but now possibly in 3rd position.

DR Maduka's names and party are not even showig up in some of the results.

Here is Nigeria, not Amelica

6 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by ForeThinker: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
The best candidate wins
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by HelloWriter: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
ForeThinker:
The best candidate wins

In Nigeria? No. As far as a Nigerian politician is concerned, I am permanently in the DOUBTING MODE. So, their words at the debates can't convince me. I rather think about their track records over many years. We have so many bad leaders in Nigeria because they scam us with sweet words and Greek gifts. Nigerians deserve bad leaders due to their incurable stupidity.

Look at Soludo. Just his name sold him. They say that he is SOLUDO SOLUTION. What unique solutions has Soludo given in the past?

The other time, millions of Nigerians forgot Atiku's long corruption records just because his marketers created the word 'ATIKULATE'. Buhari came shouting CHANGE and multimillion Nigerians forgot that he ruled the country 30 years earlier and his rule created high levels of austerity.

Just like the op getting convinced by a TV debate of less than 2 hrs. So, you now hand over your next 8 years to someone based on a 2-hour event only? Then, why are we complaining about politicians when our stupidity is our number 1 problem?

9 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Omicron007: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
shocked

This is not America or other advanced natons where voters are interested in manifestos, policy analysis and plan.

In Nigeria, the electorates dwell more on the party and it's existing structure.
Any other candidate except Soludo on the ballot of APGA could have amassed the support of the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by money121(m): 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
No
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by abobote: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
No, people already knew before the debate that Andy Uba is empty headed. voters already know who they are voting before the debate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by ovieigho(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2021
Forget the debates
You all will still come out publicly to criticize whoever emerges as the new governor :!

All we are saying is to change the 1999 constitution totally
The incoming governor might have good intention but what can a governor who has all the resources around him but can’t touch them because it’s exclusively for federal government ( wasting away in most cases )

The security of your lives and property is not the responsibility of this governor you are voting in right now because the central control the policing of your state

Don’t blame him because he can only tax you to provide basic amenities

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by joyandfaith: 8:35am On Nov 07, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
I need individual inputs on this discussion.
Did the Governorship Debates and the isolated interviews and media engagements with the Governorship Candidates affect your choice of Voting in the Anambra Governorship Election??
As for me,, the Answer is YES.!!
The Arise-TV Governorship Debate of 1st November 2021 greatly affected my decision.
Before the debate, I had no single candidate in mind to vote for.
I used to count all of them as crooks.
But after listening to the debate, and after digested their views and their approaches to governance, I made a decision.

Please... I don't need anybody to come out and be telling us the particular candidate he/she voted for.
I just need to know the reasons behind your decisions.

Maduka was a flop in that debate. With public display
of philanthropic activities, people were expecting more from him. Soludo has clear understanding of the system.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by FORWARDEVERLY: 8:36am On Nov 07, 2021
My own na make the Solution be Soludo.. Simple..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:36am On Nov 07, 2021
helinues:
No, Pdp candidate performed better than the others during the debate but now possibly in 3rd position.

DR Maduka's names and party are not even showig up in some of the results.

Here is Nigeria, not Amelica
Ok naa
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Circuitlord(m): 8:37am On Nov 07, 2021
Certainly!

I made bold to say that after I watched the debate, almost all contestants in this election are preeminently qualified except the Uba of APC. YES!
And thankfully, he has been DISGRACED!

7 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by ruggedtimi(m): 8:37am On Nov 07, 2021
Is everybody here from Anambra?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: INEC Clears Underage Candidates To Contest Senate, House Of Reps / Biafran Guy Talking Sense Into The Heads Of Other Biafras *PICS* / Bayelsa, Taraba Relax Lockdown Few Days To Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.