Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (626369 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by specco(m): 12:07am On Sep 10, 2013
I have heard that one can use external Intelligent charger to charge inverter batteries faster. How true is its effectiveness to REDUCE charging time and are there DISADVANTAGES to its use? I have a friend who uses a 5kv inverter and 8 batts but his area only gets 2-3hrs of Nepa daily which is not enough to charge his eight 200ah batteries fully and he needs my advice. Though he has a big generator which can charge the batts but at a higher cost(diesel), hence the thought for this ext charger. Users and gurus in the house pls advise.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by DUNKA(m): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2013
Please could anyone advise if a PRAG GED GEL BATTERY 12v 200ah is a good battery like e.g. Zenith battery?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
@excell all good but prefernce on exprnc & fund zenith, rita, sukam. pls note adequate charging contrbute to batr lifespan
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
@specco extnal charger are normly used. if it s me in this situatn i wl think of solar. it is all about cost & value for money. charge low, too high & fast, loss batr. is d setup 48v or 96v?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by fermlad: 11:17am On Sep 18, 2013
Pls house, where can i get a sound inverter technician dat can help me repair a 50kva inverter dat does not do automatic switch wen there is a power cut? Urgent, pls.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Deluxe8000(m): 5:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Pls guys i want to know
-if 800va inverter can charge 100/200 ah battery using smallest tiger generator.
-at a constant 150watts load will new 200ah battery charge and discharge using 800va in-built charger
thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by specco(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hello house, I have been using a 1000w modified sine wave inverter(ST) and a 200ah battery to power my old CRT Television set but now I want to upgrade to an LED 32'' television set. I want to know if the same MODIFIED sine wave inverter can power the LED tv without problems or must I get a pure sine wave inverter for it? Please I need advice on this before I buy the flatscreen set.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
specco: Hello house, I have been using a 1000w modified sine wave inverter(ST) and a 200ah battery to power my old CRT Television set but now I want to upgrade to an LED 32'' television set. I want to know if the same MODIFIED sine wave inverter can power the LED tv without problems or must I get a pure sine wave inverter for it? Please I need advice on this before I buy the flatscreen set.

Sure you can.You only need pure sine wave for highly sensitive equipments like medical and diagnostic stuff.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2013
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

PERLIGHT solar panels... 12v 130 watts monocrystalline module » 27k (USA STANDARDS)

PERLIGHT solar panels... 24v 230 watts monocrystalline module » 42k (USA STANDARDS)

EMERSON intelligent chargers... 24v 60amps ,,, 48v 30amp (telecommunication used)

MULTIPOWER Inverters of various KVA (MADE IN INDIA)

CALL NOW 08135031951

THANKS FOR THE HONEST COMPLIMENT/REMARK ABOUT THE PERLIGHT SOLAR PANELS I DELIVERED TO YOU MR BODE JOHN

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 12:30am On Sep 23, 2013
specco: Hello house, I have been using a 1000w modified sine wave inverter(ST) and a 200ah battery to power my old CRT Television set but now I want to upgrade to an LED 32'' television set. I want to know if the same MODIFIED sine wave inverter can power the LED tv without problems or must I get a pure sine wave inverter for it? Please I need advice on this before I buy the flatscreen set.

Unless you have a lot to throw around, LED technology LCD work well on modifine sine wave, and it save energy well well
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 12:36am On Sep 23, 2013
Deluxe8000: Pls guys i want to know
-if 800va inverter can charge 100/200 ah battery using smallest tiger generator.
-at a constant 150watts load will new 200ah battery charge and discharge using 800va in-built charger
thanks.

Smallest tiger generator charge your battries at a snail speed, but if you have a good charger, you will be surprise that the same Tiger. Generator can still deliver 15amp. But on a normal day with inverter charger you get around 5amp which is too small

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by specco(m): 12:44am On Sep 23, 2013
omotoda:

Sure you can.You only need pure sine wave for highly sensitive equipments like medical and diagnostic stuff.

Yea, thanks Omotoda and femiolorun. I was only being cautious because I have heard some unconfirmed stories about the danger of using modified sine wave inverter to power some electronics. I thank you for your answer as I look forward to more confirmations from other users. Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2013

If you can afford the sine wave, I advise you to change to it. I have an uninvestigated report from one of my clients about his LED TV which kept blowing up after he replaced his LCD. The LCD never had issue all the while.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
hope he is not using it with generator if is mercury
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2013
JUO: hope he is not using it with generator if is mercury
Could you expalin this further?I use a mercury 2.4kva inverter and use generator with it.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Could you expalin this further?I use a
mercury 2.4kva inverter and use
generator with it.
try it with 1200w and get back to me.
N.B i don't think mercury has any 2.4kva inverter. that thing is label
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by specco(m): 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ethnan:

If you can afford the sine wave, I advise you to change to it. I have an uninvestigated report from one of my clients about his LED TV which kept blowing up after he replaced his LCD. The LCD never had issue all the while.

I thank all the contributors to my request for advice and from the responses I think I can now make an informed decision.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 5:32am On Sep 25, 2013
JUO: try it with 1200w and get back to me.

If you have a point to explain I think you should just educate us.DoI have to go buy a mercury inverter 1200watts just to understand ur point?

And mercury has a 2.4kva(1440watts) inverter which I use to power my fridge and freezer at the same time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 10:27am On Sep 25, 2013
you probably discovered is 1440watts
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dave07(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
JUO: try it with 1200w and get back to me.
what was your experience with d 1200w mercury and generator? I would really like to know, thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Deluxe8000(m): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
@femi thanks my guy. I appreciate.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ifenadi(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wonderfull thread. I had a little issue.
I use 3.5KVA with four batteries in my 3 bedroom flat. I barely use generator as we have over 12-hour electricity daily.
I use only NEPA to charge my batteries.
Recently I noticed that whenever i change to inverter it will trip off unless i reduce loads drastically.
I then observed my batteries and i noticed that one of them is bad, It has a kind of a cut on top and it leaks acid little.
MY QUESTION IS?
1.Can I disconnect the spoilt battery and connect only 3 batteries to the inverter(at the interim)?
2. Do i need to change the whole batteries or only the spoilt one?
3. What could be the cause of this anomaly? The batteriess are just about 3 months old(the seller advised me to buy used 'belgium' batteries that there are so many fake new batteries)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ife analysis of d setup necessary. brand of inverter? d broken batr need change and others chkd. you cant connect 3batr setup lkly 48v
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
any shortcut in inverter/solar setup alway hv its conseqcs. this s d challenge n d north. early this yr my friend nearly got his house burnt frm cheaper alternatv
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
any shortcut in inverter/solar setup alway hv its conseqcs. this s d challenge n d north. early this yr my friend nearly got his house burnt frm cheaper alterntv
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ifenadi(m): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
idsolar: @ife analysis of d setup necessary. brand of inverter? d broken batr need change and others chkd. you cant connect 3batr setup lkly 48v

Thanks for your response.
The inverter make is Epsilon. 3.5KVA. 48V
The four batteries are connected in series, each 12V. I do not kno the 'ah' since it is not specified on it
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 11:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
Brand New TELECOMM Batteries now in STOCK !!!!!!

Powersafe 12v 190ahms (2012)
Shoto 12v 180ahms (2012)
Shoto 12v 150ahms (2012)
Agisson 2v 500ahms (2012)

CALL FRANKIE 08135031951 NOW FOR SUPPLIES #Thanks#
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2013
ifenadi:

The four batteries are connected in series, each 12V. I do not kno the 'ah' since it is not specified on it

How long have you been using the batteries? If they are over a year I suggest you just change all Four.You can however have them tested. But it is alwatys best practice to change all batteries once one is bad to prevent imbalance in ampere distribution.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2013
ifenadi:

How long have you been using the batteries? I they are over a year I suggest you just change all Four.You can however have them tested. But it is alwatys best practice to change all batteries once one is bad to prevent imbalance in ampere distribution.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ifenadi(m): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2013
omotoda:

How long have you been using the batteries? I they are over a year I suggest you just change all Four.You can however have them tested. But it is alwatys best practice to change all batteries once one is bad to prevent imbalance in ampere distribution.

The batteries are just 4 months old
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 11:41am On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=ifenadi]

The batteries are just 4 months old[/qu

It is most likely you bought fake batteries.Have you used the inverter with other batteries prior to changing to the present set.If it is your initial set up then most likely the batteries are fake. A lot of dubious people by weak deep cycle batteries open dem up neatly, fill them with acidn close them up and sell them as new.

It is advisable you have all four batteries changed with reputable one, preferably trusted brands.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
what was your experience with d 1200w mercury and generator? I would really like to know, thanks
1 32' lcd tv
6 energy saving bulb
2 router
3 cpu power pack
2 ceiling fan
1 dvd player

was what i used in doing the practical.
are you ready to sacrifice?
e.t.c
once you change over to gen you will see these things on fire, capacitor blowing, fuse, etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.