Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (624630 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
@lineview pls get an inverter prof/instala and get good servc @ pay for d servc. it is beta to see ur instaltn and advc u accordnly. pls lets note, it is always good to get d best, pay for it and enjoy ur instaltn
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by lineviews: 12:12am On Jan 09, 2014
idsolar and Baba 11, thank you for the response, I will patiently look for a professional installer.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Tee99(m): 9:33am On Jan 09, 2014
Pls House, wats d inverter requirement for 32" Lcd/plasma tv, dvd, decoder, 2 fans and 3 energy saving bulbs? Tnx
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 12:36am On Jan 10, 2014
@Tee99 wt ur stated load a 1kva inverter wl handle it but frm exprnx and wt fund truly i hv come to prefer 1.5kva 24v 200ahx2 setup for this

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 12:37am On Jan 10, 2014
@Tee99 wt ur stated load a 1kva inverter wl handle it but frm exprnx and wt fund truly i hv come to prefer 1.5kva 24v 200ahx2 setup for this. house pls ur views
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Tee99(m): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2014
@idsolar, tnx
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by muyibabs: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
Please I need advice on the charger to get for a 12v 100ah battery. What is the specification of the charger that will charge it efficiently and quickly. Any brand recommendation will be appreciated as well as the price. Thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Mavor: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mavor: Please I need advise since I am new to this inverter thing. I need a recommended inverter that can carry a flat screen, a fan, 20 bulbs (some are energy), a fridge, a laptop and a sound system. I need something very efficient, pure sine, how many batteries and what kind do I need? Is it possible I use solar to charge as I only one my generator at night between 7-11pm. If so what kind of solar and how many panels do I need and which good inverter supports both solar and generator charging? Please advise. Thanks.
Pls reply ooo!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mavor: Pls reply ooo!

to start where is your location to precisely give you an idea of solar system you will use
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
muyi.babs:
Please I need advice on the charger to get for a 12v 100ah battery. What is the specification of the charger that will charge it efficiently and quickly. Any brand recommendation will be appreciated as well as the price. Thanks.

for how long or at an average the number of light you have in a day
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
Tee99: Pls House, wats d inverter requirement for 32" Lcd/plasma tv, dvd, decoder, 2 fans and 3 energy saving bulbs? Tnx

go for 1.5kva
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mavor: Please I need advise since I am new to this inverter thing. I need a recommended inverter that can carry a flat screen, a fan, 20 bulbs (some are energy), a fridge, a laptop and a sound system. I need something very efficient, pure sine, how many batteries and what kind do I need? Is it possible I use solar to charge as I only one my generator at night between 7-11pm. If so what kind of solar and how many panels do I need and which good inverter supports both solar and generator charging? Please advise. Thanks.

where is your location this will determine the number of plates to use
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by abunafiu(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
Welcome back from a long break due to data loss.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ADUNOKIKI(f): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
Please house, we have an inverter that carried almost everything (from fridge to washing machine etc) complemented with 8 solar panels on the roof, but today thunder strike and the tv was on, all of a sudden everything went off. When I off the inverter it won't power light inside the house, but it's on. When I off it, it shows ups on, yet won't power light inside the house. Please any solution. Thanks. Its so frustrating please
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
ADUNOKIKI: Please house, we have an inverter that carried almost everything (from fridge to washing machine etc) complemented with 8 solar panels on the roof, but today thunder strike and the tv was on, all of a sudden everything went off. When I off the inverter it won't power light inside the house, but it's on. When I off it, it shows ups on, yet won't power light inside the house. Please any solution. Thanks. Its so frustrating please
probably, it'll need to be checked out before any recommendations can be made!!!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 12:04am On Jul 04, 2014
BONANZA BONANZA BONANZA !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000w 24v pure sinewave power inverter.... @ 100k

Tojan flooded USA batteries 12v 205a.... #almost out of stock#

Mercury 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 95k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by viazi: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
@ I need advice on where to get a 2.2Kva/36V Su-Kam Fusion Inverter in Nigeria and also let me know if there are other Good 36V Inverters of the same capacity that can Deliver Pure Sine Wave. Urgent
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
@Viazi, simply call 08135031951 for details esp if you are in Lagos state !! Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by viazi: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
@All,
I have a 1.5kva (24V) Luminous inverter. I however have a problem of choice of batteries to buy to power it. Am divided between 2 specs of Trojan Flooded batteries as stated bellow:

1. TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate X 4 pieces (4 Pieces)

2. TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr x 2 pieces (2 pieces)

Kindly enlighten me of the best choice to make from these 2 options.(Price is not an issue here) Can the Inverter charge these batteries effectively? or I will need another Charger?

Thanks in advance
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by c0ogumo(m): 3:10am On Jul 28, 2014
viazi:
@All,
I have a 1.5kva (24V) Luminous inverter. I however have a problem of choice of batteries to buy to power it. Am divided between 2 specs of Trojan Flooded batteries as stated bellow:

1. TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate X 4 pieces (4 Pieces)

2. TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr x 2 pieces (2 pieces)

Kindly enlighten me of the best choice to make from these 2 options.(Price is not an issue here) Can the Inverter charge these batteries effectively? or I will need another Charger?

Thanks in advance

Trojan batteries require a strong charger. Your 1.5KVA inverter chager is not strong enough to charge the batteries fully.
You will need a smart battery charger like Cotek CX2425 battery charger.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by viazi: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2014
c0ogumo:

Trojan batteries require a strong charger. Your 1.5KVA inverter chager is not strong enough to charge the batteries fully.
You will need a smart battery charger like Cotek CX2425 battery charger.

Can the TROJAN batteries work effectively with my LUMINOUS Inverter if I get the SMART CHARGER? What of Equalization? How do I achieve that? We need to talk pls. How do I contact U?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by c0ogumo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
viazi:

Can the TROJAN batteries work effectively with my LUMINOUS Inverter if I get the SMART CHARGER? What of Equalization? How do I achieve that? We need to talk pls. How do I contact U?

You can call me or message me.
BB:79395A2D, email:molley4real@hotmail.com wattsapp:9732041296
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by c0ogumo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
You want Xantrex Truecharge2 24Volt 20A or 30A to charge flooded batteries

BB:79395A2D, email:molley4real@hotmail.com wattsapp:9732041296
http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Battery-Chargers/TRUECharge-2/DS_TC2_24V_10-20-30_20110808.pdf

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
Are you on a budget? will like to have a mini solar setup to power an emergency backup light bulb, run a table fan for 24/7 (useful for babies that cry alot due to heat when there is power outage), charge a laptop, charge phones and mobile devices, intermitent tv use (e.g to watch news or football matches)?

Join me as i share my experience down the road in building a mini solar 300va working unit. Works without mains charging whatsoever! (mains charging will be an additional benefit).

To join, simply quote me and drop ur whatsapp contact.

ps: All info shared or discussed are 100% personal effort, experience and research work ( thanks to google.com) and as such are in no way professional or certified submissions. All risks is solely borne by the user. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 1:21am On Aug 22, 2014
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

MUST POWER 3000watts 24v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 100k

MUST POWER 6000watts 48v pure sinewave power inverter " Inbuilt 70a Peak Charging Current" .... @ 160k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 34k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... @ 52k

MERCURY & BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor.......... @ 90k

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by almusty07(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2014
How much is sukam or luminous 1.5kva inverters and where can I get it, I ve 2x100ah Zenith battery
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by mecherine: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Guyman02:

Yes it can be converted if you have a background in electrical issues. : - 600VA UPS, if you want to change it so that it will run as an inverter.

Converting a UPS to standalone Inverter

You don't really NEED a schematic to do this, of course depending on the inverter. There are a few general tips I can give you on performing this conversion:
1. This is the most important. Establish the battery voltage of the internal battery. If the battery is in it, look at it for markings indicating it's voltage. If it's 12 volts you're golden. The UPS I converted (TrippLite Internet Office 500) uses a 12v battery with an operating range from 10 to 15v. This is ideal for automotive use because that's roughly the range you have with a car battery when in use (at least mine, when it's running it's usualy 14.5 to 14.7, off usualy around 12.5).

2. Establish that the UPS can easily be turned on without an initial 120v input. This is accomplished on the TrippLite by switching the power switch to on and pusing the test/mute button. This enables the UPS and switches it to battery voltage.

3. Locate the alarm buzzer or speaker. This should be pretty easy to find if you know what one looks like (take a look at a PC mainboard or two, often it's a little black cylinder about 1/3" in diameter with a small hole in the top. Remove the speaker, or disable it. Pretty simple. If you're fairly profficient with a souldering iron you can de-soulder it, otherwise just rip it off the board with a pair of pliers (remove all of it, right down to two stubs poking up from the board). If you want to replace it later on, say you want to convert it back to a UPS it's pretty simple.

These are really the main concerns when performing this conversion. If the battery voltage is different you will need to construct a power regulator to get the desired output from your car battery. If you cannot get the UPS to turn on without being plugged into household current, you'll need a schematic. If you can't find the alarm speaker you'll be listening to it go off constantly (unless you want to put it in your trunk or something).

One other thing you might want to do: Add a fan. Power inverters use their casing as a huge heatsink. Most UPSes are encased in plastic and aren't as well cooled. They don't have to be since their time spent as an inverter on a desktop is usualy less than 15 minutes. You may, if you want to get really involved, and be really safe, is to locate the MOSFET transistors within the unit and replace their heatsinks with a larger heatsink that you can attach a fan to. Depending on how long you want to use the UPS as an inverter per session this might be a definite concern.

Let us know how successful you are and share your experiences.
it depends on what you really need from your UPS. Mine I just need it to power my laptop. I hv mercury 1200 pro ups which I converted to inverter by adding more ups battery and adding fan to it. Though am still going to add more bigger battery to it, still on testing mood. I will construct external battery charger to it. For now it is working properly. I will update the info as time goes on.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
mecherine: it depends on what you really need from your UPS. Mine I just need it to power my laptop. I hv mercury 1200 pro ups which I converted to inverter by adding more ups battery and adding fan to it. Though am still going to add more bigger battery to it, still on testing mood. I will construct external battery charger to it. For now it is working properly. I will update the info as time goes on.
..to save yourself from unnecessary stress,why not go for inverter @ once!??

I believe anybody who use ups as backup solutions is ill-informed or not a well-trained engineer in the field but maybe he sees it on a platter of gold.......
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israel7732: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
mecherine: it depends on what you really need from your UPS. Mine I just need it to power my laptop. I hv mercury 1200 pro ups which I converted to inverter by adding more ups battery and adding fan to it. Though am still going to add more bigger battery to it, still on testing mood. I will construct external battery charger to it. For now it is working properly. I will update the info as time goes on.

UPS at this day and age?........ Sine wave inverter rocks.
ups will later cause damage to your appliance or self destruct.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
israel7732:

UPS at this day and age?........ Sine wave inverter rocks.
ups will later cause damage to your appliance or self destruct.
...yea,pure sine wave inverter is the best which will give equivalent of Nepa's output supply or rather modified sine wave inverter...
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by mecherine: 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
baba11: ..to save yourself from unnecessary stress,why not go for inverter @ once!??

I believe anybody who use ups as backup solutions is ill-informed or not a well-trained engineer in the field but maybe he sees it on a platter of gold.......
I already have the ups before I decided to convert it to what certisfy me most. My ups gives me pure sine waves and it serve me well. I only add more backup battery and fan to reduce the heat effect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.