Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (624347 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Feshizzy(m): 11:35am On May 18, 2017
tziz:
So iam getting a 2nd pre-owned 200Ah Batt, the first one is very good, it read 13.5V on my multimeter, must i get an identical reading on the 2nd batt? I Mean to prevent bottlenecking d 1st one. Since they hav to be equalized. Plus, if say the 1st has 50% charge power and the 2nd one has 100% charge power, is it ok to go ahead n connect dem 2geda?in parrallel..

It would be nice if you could build a circuit to hand both separately,
By using on battery at a time and also charging one battery at a time,

The reason is that,
Your first battery would have less capacity than your second.

For the analysis we would use the water can experiment,
For example,
At charging,
you have a big can and small can,
When you pour water into them at same rate the smaller one get filled, while the big one get partly filled,
Since they are both connected together,
At idle mode when not in use,
The big one would try to equate the small one by forcing more water into the small one making it to overflow or energy loss.
At discharging time,
When you pour out both at same rate, its obvious the small one would finish first,
But it doesn't end there,
The big one begins to supply/charge the small one and supplying power at same time.

In conclusion,
You would be killing the bigger battery during discharge, and killing smaller battery during recharge,

This is just my view though!
I stand corrected in this though grin grin

Cheers!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 10:28pm On May 18, 2017
Feshizzy:

It would be nice if you could build a circuit to hand both separately,
By using on battery at a time and also charging one battery at a time,

The reason is that,
Your first battery would have less capacity than your second.

For the analysis we would use the water can experiment,
For example,
At charging,
you have a big can and small can,
When you pour water into them at same rate the smaller one get filled, while the big one get partly filled,
Since they are both connected together,
At idle mode when not in use,
The big one would try to equate the small one by forcing more water into the small one making it to overflow or energy loss.
At discharging time,
When you pour out both at same rate, its obvious the small one would finish first,
But it doesn't end there,
The big one begins to supply/charge the small one and supplying power at same time.

In conclusion,
You would be killing the bigger battery during discharge, and killing smaller battery during recharge,

This is just my view though!
I stand corrected in this though grin grin

Cheers!
Wow!
So wat if i individually use n discharge the batts den connect in parallel and start a fresh charge? I dnt wanna short-circuit dem cos dt mite cos a problm.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Feshizzy(m): 12:46am On May 19, 2017
tziz:

Wow!
So wat if i individually use n discharge the batts den connect in parallel and start a fresh charge? I dnt wanna short-circuit dem cos dt mite cos a problm.

Get something similar to a charge over switch to alternative the battery and use one at a time,
That way, you discharge them and recharge them separately,
Like I said before,
The capacity/resistance of the batteries now differs!
And can't be used together,
As it would shorten both batteries life!

Note that:
When changing/switching batteries always have your inver switched off! No sudden/sharp movement in dc side,
It can be expensive wink

Attached is sample of such changeover

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2017
Feshizzy:

Get something similar to a charge over switch to alternative the battery and use one at a time,
That way, you discharge them and recharge them separately,
Like I said before,
The capacity/resistance of the batteries now differs!
And can't be used together,
As it would shorten both batteries life!

Note that:
When changing/switching batteries always have your inver switched off! No sudden/sharp movement in dc side,
It can be expensive wink

Attached is sample of such changeover
Now, how can this apply to an area that has power only for about 5hrs or less a day and most times none like mine?
Note that it takes about 11hrs to charge full. It means that one of the batteries will end up sulphated and useless! because i'll hardly get full charge on one of dem talk more of switching to the next one. Unless u wanna say i charge one today and use, charge the other tomorow too and use. In dat case its not giving me want i want. So wat do u say about this?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 5:16pm On May 19, 2017
Jummymine:
Hello everyone!please I need your advice. I can only afford to get 2.4 kva inverter now with 1 200ah.I was planning to buy two batteries before but I can't afford it yet maybe in some months time.can I still buy the one I can afford now and add more batteries later.If yes,how can I manage it so that the load of the house will not be more than what the battery is capable of?

You can buy 2 100AH for now and buy 2 100AH again later.

Your setup now will be series and later 2 series and 2 parallel (2S2P).

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israelpalatoe(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2017
Feshizzy:

Wise speaking Mate,
I was about to explain same thing too,
But you took the letters right of my keypad, grin

I support all that you have said completely you said my mind,

Just to top it up a little if you don't mind, cheesy

Oga @earthrealm,
You have also spoken very well,
I actually like your view for being more practical,
But our calculations also are based on real life too.

Point to note,
When converting from kva to kw, a 0.8 power factor is noted,
And also when dealing with current we also work with efficiency due to heat/loss and length of cable which is varies to from 0.6 to 0.9

For your small Gen,
Of 2500va can actually produce,
2500 x 0.8 = 2000watt of power,
And let assume actually efficiency of the gen is 95% or 0.95
Which brings us to 2000 x 0.95 = 1900watts,

For your 4kva 48v mustpower inverter with 4 x 200ah batts.

Noting also, charging voltage is 14v x 2 =56v
And current is 30a
Would give a sum of 56v x 30a = 1680watts

Do note that dc-ac or ac-dc there is always energy/heat loss and not always 100% efficient because the internal component like the transformer and it's cohort sef go receive share for the power,
Thank you for correcting me on this part!

Thereby noting that your efficiency is atleast at 90% or 0.90
Would bring us to 1680w ÷ 0.9 = 1867w
The extra watt to this is known as payment for energy conversation or owo ile. grin

Now for your generator to last you without stressing it,
You need your load to be at 80% load
1900w x 0.8 = 1520w

Meaning that your Generator can carry 1520w load without going into overloading.

Now your inverter requires a starting power of 1867w and your generator can effectively provide 1520w of power without tripping off,

Now you see why your generator is coughing!

For your 24v 1500kva luminous inverter with 2 x 200ah batts.
Divide your bigger inverter load by 2 = 933.5w

Oga architectdre,
Thanks to earthrealm and adanny01,
A conclusion has been reached that small generator can't power your inverter effectively at all at all.

I was wrong for neglecting power factor and efficiency!

Kudos to earthrealm for practical insight!

Bro, you are right. lemme just add a little more.
i measured the power factor of a popular brand of inverter during charging. It was about 0.6 . meaning that the a.c. current is not a perfect sine wave that is in phase with the input a.c. voltage.
Such inverter will require a gen that is at least two times more than the product of charging current and voltage.
E.g. a 24v inverter charging at 20amps:
charge power = 28 * 20 ÷ 0.6 = 933va.
approximately 1000va to charge @ 20amps.
For practical purposes, include the other loads in the house ( 800va maybe). Making 1,800va.
I would choose a gen above 3kva for best performance. 2.8kva gen would be just fine though.
Thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2017
israelpalatoe:

Bro, you are right. lemme just add a little more.
i measured the power factor of a popular brand of inverter during charging. It was about 0.6 . meaning that the a.c. current is not a perfect sine wave that is in phase with the input a.c. voltage.
Such inverter will require a gen that is at least two times more than the product of charging current and voltage.
E.g. a 24v inverter charging at 20amps:
charge power = 28 * 20 ÷ 0.6 = 933va.
approximately 1000va to charge @ 20amps.
For practical purposes, include the other loads in the house ( 800va maybe). Making 1,800va.
I would choose a gen above 3kva for best performance. 2.8kva gen would be just fine though.
Thanks.

This makes sense. These Chinese and indian products use efficiency to decieve us.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2017
tziz:

Now, how can this apply to an area that has power only for about 5hrs or less a day and most times none like mine?
Note that it takes about 11hrs to charge full. It means that one of the batteries will end up sulphated and useless! because i'll hardly get full charge on one of dem talk more of switching to the next one. Unless u wanna say i charge one today and use, charge the other tomorow too and use. In dat case its not giving me want i want. So wat do u say about this?
CC: @adanny01 @israelpalatoe
Pls com into dis case, how do i connect a second batt in parallel witout causing harm to any of d batts?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 9:46pm On May 19, 2017
tziz:

CC: @adanny01 @israelpalatoe
Pls com into dis case, how do i connect a second batt in parallel witout causing harm to any of d batts?

1st pix is 2 batteries in 2 series connected for 24V

2nd pix is 4 batteries in 2 series 2 parallel connected for 24V

3rd pix is 6 batteries in 2 series 3 connected for 24V

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2017
adanny01:

1st pix is 2 batteries in 2 series connected for 24V

2nd pix is 4 batteries in 2 series 2 parallel connected for 24V

3rd pix is 6 batteries in 2 series 3 connected for 24V
This has nothing to do with wat iam asking. I knw how to connect batteries in parallel or series. Or maybe the response isnt for me.
Iam interested in how to equalize and connect two 200ah batts in parallel to my 12v inverter without causing harm to the batts due to overcharging or undercharging of either of dem..
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 6:48am On May 20, 2017
tziz:

This has nothing to do with wat iam asking. I knw how to connect batteries in parallel or series. Or maybe the response isnt for me.
Iam interested in how to equalize and connect two 200ah batts in parallel to my 12v inverter without causing harm to the batts due to overcharging or undercharging of either of dem..

Oh thats simple, however with no guarantees that both will be a match for each other. State of internal resistance, sulfation levels, electrolyte conditions may permanently defer and cannot be regained to give best results in a paired condition. The batteries were not exposed to exactly the same situations so may not have same performance levels even if they are both the same product. Batteries in the same bank experience such differences not to talk of differently used batteries or different product batteries.

I suggest you charge each battery individually till 100% state of charge before pairing them. Alternatively, deplete each battery to the same depth of discharge then pair.

I prefer you buy new ones of 100AH and a month or 2 later increase your bank.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

Oh thats simple, however with no guarantees that both will be a match for each other. State of internal resistance, sulfation levels, electrolyte conditions may permanently defer and cannot be regained to give best results in a paired condition. The batteries were not exposed to exactly the same situations so may not have same performance levels even if they are both the same product. Batteries in the same bank experience such differences not to talk of differently used batteries or different product batteries.

I suggest you charge each battery individually till 100% state of charge before pairing them. Alternatively, deplete each battery to the same depth of discharge then pair.

I prefer you buy new ones of 100AH and a month or 2 later increase your bank.
@bolded, yh right, but thing is iv already gotten a preowned 200Ah batt, the batt gave me a reading of 13.5V on full charge wen i tested it with a multimeter, iv used it for almost a month nw and its been perfect. Now, i dcided to add one more 200Ah batt to the setup for longer backup, so i met the same dude i bot the previous one from and he brings me a 200Ah batt from the same power bank that the first one came from, same product, but this one reads 13.6V on the multimeter as against the 13.5V of the previous one. So there's no way iam shelling out cash to get new batts again after spending cash on these ones, dats ruled out. I jst want to know the best way to connect these two togeda without causing problems for each of dem. Iv tot about wat u said sha, charging both of dem to full or discharging dem equally..
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 8:37am On May 20, 2017
tziz:

@bolded, yh right, but thing is iv already gotten a preowned 200Ah batt, the batt gave me a reading of 13.5V on full charge wen i tested it with a multimeter, iv used it for almost a month nw and its been perfect. Now, i dcided to add one more 200Ah batt to the setup for longer backup, so i met the same dude i bot the previous one from and he brings me a 200Ah batt from the same power bank that the first one came from, same product, but this one reads 13.6V on the multimeter as against the 13.5V of the previous one. So there's no way iam shelling out cash to get new batts again after spending cash on these ones, dats ruled out. I jst want to know the best way to connect these two togeda without causing problems for each of dem. Iv tot about wat u said sha, charging both of dem to full or discharging dem equally..

You do know a bad battery can still read 13.6V but fail load test. That is where the problem lies.

Only load testing can proof battery integrity.

Each battery should be charged to 100% and both loaded with the same load for the same time. The drop in voltage will show which is better.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tziz(m): 2:39pm On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

You do know a bad battery can still read 13.6V but fail load test. That is where the problem lies.

Only load testing can proof battery integrity.

Each battery should be charged to 100% and both loaded with the same load for the same time. The drop in voltage will show which is better.

Well, iv load tested the first battery and its very good, the guy givs 1week for u to load test his batts. I still hav to load test d 2nd batt anyway cos iv nt even used it yt. Wen u say "the drop in voltage", u mean i have to test dem individually with a multimeter? Pls explain dt part..
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2017
tziz:

Well, iv load tested the first battery and its very good, the guy givs 1week for u to load test his batts. I still hav to load test d 2nd batt anyway cos iv nt even used it yt. Wen u say "the drop in voltage", u mean i have to test dem individually with a multimeter? Pls explain dt part..

Charge each battery to 100% state of charge.

Test the voltage of each one with a multimeter. At full charge, 12V battery should read 13.7Vdc.

Get a DC load or use a battery load tester. Connect one battery for a period say 30mins. Then record the final volt. And repeat process for the second battery. Compare the voltage drop for the 2 batteries.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Feshizzy(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2017
adanny01:

Charge each battery to 100% state of charge.

Test the voltage of each one with a multimeter. At full charge, 12V battery should read 13.7Vdc.

Get a DC load or use a battery load tester. Connect one battery for a period say 30mins. Then record the final volt. And repeat process for the second battery. Compare the voltage drop for the 2 batteries.

Then what next?

You forgot to mention recording voltage after 3 hours state of rest of charge/discharge also!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 7:08pm On May 20, 2017
Feshizzy:

Then what next?

You forgot to mention recording voltage after 3 hours state of rest of charge/discharge also!

Thanks for the addition, i had to drive so i couldn't continue with long details.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by darocha1: 11:47am On May 24, 2017
New Full River & Narada Batteries available in Stock @105,000
If you are well informed about suitable batteries for you inverter system then you don't want to miss this offer
Call /whatsapp 08137539988
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Saucekide25(m): 9:53pm On May 25, 2017
Good evening guys. Please I need suggestions for an inexpensive 1000watts Inverter that can power a fridge (with compressor) of 90watts.

My system consists of - 100ah Inverter battery (1unit), 100watts Solar Panels ( 3units). My 1000watts locally made inverter powers TV, laptop, bulbs, fan and charges Mobile devices. Just need something to be able to power a Fridge of 90watts.

Budget is between 30,000 - 40,000

Thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 10:43pm On May 25, 2017
Yachi / Yahsun solar modules still in stock

DISCOUNTS....!!!

Mono
100w P-30k,M-32k
140w M-43k
150w M-45k
200w M-60k
260w M-70k
310w M-80k

Magnum 4348 USA inverter ............920k

Ep solar a series mppt 40a 12-24v ..75k

Fangpuson mppt 80a 12-24-48v .....180k

Solarworld German 315w xl mono panel....92k

Solarworld German 325w xl duo mono panel...95k

Smartcell Global Services ..
CALL NOW : O8I35O3I95I

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Jummymine(f): 11:13am On May 26, 2017
Please someone should recommend a good supplier and installer for me on this platform.I want to install an inverter in my house.I am based in Ife.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israelpalatoe(m): 8:36pm On May 26, 2017
Jummymine:
Please someone should recommend a good supplier and installer for me on this platform.I want to install an inverter in my house.I am based in Ife.
Contact me. I've worked at ife before. We installed a medium solar array at ajebamidele modomo eastate. Very close to oau. 07065991788
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 10:21am On May 27, 2017
Jummymine:
You can call or whatapp 08117398294,
We install n supply nationwide. You can Check n like our facebook page for beautiful previous jobs.
Http://facebook.com/monzpowersolutions
Professional installation guaranteed
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by darocha1: 9:14pm On May 27, 2017
This is in response to our clients & faithful customers who have been asking for a promo package to match the Easter package we did earlier.
Our vision is to light up every home using renewable energy as an alternate to source to PHCN, we look forward to your continuous patronage.
#Ramadan #Kareem.

For Inquiries
Call/whatsapp 08137539988

N/B
Offer is open to both Muslims & non Muslims

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 11:53am On May 28, 2017
kiekie1:
Yachi / Yahsun solar modules still in stock

DISCOUNTS....!!!

Mono
100w P-30k,M-32k
140w M-43k
150w M-45k
200w M-60k
260w M-70k
310w M-80k

Magnum 4348 USA inverter ............920k

Ep solar a series mppt 40a 12-24v ..75k

Fangpuson mppt 80a 12-24-48v .....180k

Solarworld German 315w xl mono panel....92k

Solarworld German 325w xl duo mono panel...95k

Smartcell Global Services ..
CALL NOW : O8I35O3I95I

Also available :
-Sinergy 3.5kva 48v pure sinewave inverter (fairly used) .. #140000
-German Staca pwm 30a 12-24v LCD solar controller ... (Fairly used) ..#30k
-5.5kva 96v hulk DSP inverter (fairly used)... #180k
-Mercury 12v 220a tubular batteries (fairly used) .... 50k

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2017
smiley
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tope3x(m): 3:16am On Jun 04, 2017
Hello, someone please help me,my 2 luminous batteries have stopped charging beyond the 3rd bar, no matter how many hrs they are being charged for, they won't go beyond the 3rd bad and this whole installation isn't more than 1 month, everything was brought new...but I think I have discharged the batteries so much to 0%....according to what I read here, it's very bad to discharge the batteries to 0%....please what can I do to boost the batteries again, please help a brother
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Rainmaker69(m): 4:43am On Jun 04, 2017
darocha1:
This is in response to our clients & faithful customers who have been asking for a promo package to match the Easter package we did earlier.
Our vision is to light up every home using renewable energy as an alternate to source to PHCN, we look forward to your continuous patronage.
#Ramadan #Kareem.

For Inquiries
Call/whatsapp 08137539988

N/B
Offer is open to both Muslims & non Muslims
Whats the size of your batteries and how long is the warranty?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Repairnigeria(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
discount inverters and battery
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by darocha1: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
200Ah/12v.
1year warranty

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.