Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,330 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (622312 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by walcolm(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
alstacs: Hello guys, I've made up my mind on buying a cyberpower 1.5kva inverter but a friend warned me that some inverters don't charge when the current is low or high. I have a friend who has luminous and he is thinking of giving it out now. Current in his area is low and doesn't charge the inverter and when he uses his generator, the current is too high.
Anyone with practical experience with Cyberpower with respect to charging?

been using cyberpower inverter for a while now. i know it alerts you when the current is low and even switches to battery so it can maintain the feed to the apartment at 220V. if the current stays low for a long period of time, then that could be a problem in the long term but if its an occasional thing, i don't think its anything to worry about

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Hifortune(m): 6:36am On Nov 25, 2012
This tread is very informational, I love using inverter compare to gen.
Thanks to all the contributors.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by alstacs(m): 6:14am On Nov 29, 2012
Ethnan:

Just tell me what you want and we will give you an inverter system that will last for you.The key stuff about inverters apart from buying a good one,is the installation.You can have a good inverter and if its not installed professionally,you will keep having issues. You can visit our site on http://www.hisystems.com.ng. Cheers

Sincerely checked the website, all I see are calculations to determine load and appropriate inverter. I didn't see the cost analysis of the various possible combinations I may compare with my budget.

I have made up my mind about 1.5KVA and two 200mA batteries, the specific question I have is about the brand I plan to buy and the perceived issues associated with that/those brands.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by power2(m): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
School of inverter is inviting the general public for a monthly programme on how to practically build an INVERTER,registration in progress.office:45 olowu street,bariga.lagos.for more info pls call:08057081537, or 08130924655.its going to be 100 percent practical.hurry now

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 7:35am On Jan 03, 2013
alstacs:

Sincerely checked the website, all I see are calculations to determine load and appropriate inverter. I didn't see the cost analysis of the various possible combinations I may compare with my budget.

I have made up my mind about 1.5KVA and two 200mA batteries, the specific question I have is about the brand I plan to buy and the perceived issues associated with that/those brands.

I would love to have your experience with the one you installed. Happy New Year guys!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by alstacs(m): 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ethnan:

I would love to have your experience with the one you installed. Happy New Year guys!
Up till now. The problem was choosing brand and later to get cost estimate. The end of the year syndrome is still hanging on me till Jan end.
All I know is whatsoever I want should be 1.5kva and not higher. But I need advise on battery combinations, inverter brand etc.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 4:34am On Jan 17, 2013
INVERTER DESIGNER IN THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW

having gone thru all the point stressed above, im here to give you reality about inverter starting from the battery

BATTERY
over the years i found out that the best battery to use for inverter is deep cycle battery
especially made in korea or malasia run away from china made but made in china with japan technology is also ok.

those point stresses above never state the kind of battery used, honestly deep cycle or as people call it inverter battery is the best
1-if your inverter has low voltage shut down then you should used your deep cycle for 2years
2-if your inverter has no shut down then your deep cycle should use 1.5year

The above point is on every day useage of inveter especially where there is no light (NEPA) and you depend on generator to charge but if you stay where there is NEPA then you are expect to use your battery more than the above calculation cos you battery will not be on the run most of the time
If you are using car battery im sorry wthin 3months your battery will be dead and dead for life

[b]CHARGING YOUR BATTERY[/b]
THE PICTURE ATTACHED IS A SMALL CLAM METER THAT EVERY INVERTER USER SHOULD HAVE, SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON ON YOUR BATTERY DURING CHARGING IF POSSIBLE

Many people have use inverter and they are discourage due to charging, the truth about it is that when you are using inverter and it does not last like the first day that your battery is new you get discourage and let me tell you that if you buy battery and it serve you like 12hours, it should serve you the same hours with same load when you charge. But this rarely happen the problem is the charging.
So if you are using 100amp battery you need a minimum of 10amp charger and a minimum of 15amp charger if you are draining your battery to 7.5volt, the inverter battery has been built to accomadate such usage but you need a good charger to charger it back to 15volt(cycle use) this fact can also be seen on deep cycle battery. There you see
Standby use 13.2-13.8 and cycle use to 14.4 to 15.0 volt
Cycle use if for inverter application to which you discharge down to 7.5v to 8.2volt
Also if you are using 200amp battery you need a minimum of 20amp charging circuit to charger so that this and 25amp charger if you discharging to 7.5 to 8.2v
But I’m here to tell you that inverter with built in charger cannot do this charging this, but you will hardly know if you have regular NEPA in your house, but remember sometime that your so call nepa will be so low that charging become difficult and slow.
If you want to confirm this you can get this meter to read your current during, in fact I have seen a charger that is charging 200amp delivery only 5amp, the user of this was discourage and solution was given and was happy
So deep cycle battery with good charger will charger your battery to 15v for just 2.5hours and 1.5hours if its 100amp this is what you need to enjoy your inverter.

Inverter

If you want to run up to a duplex what you only need is 3kva inverter this will run virtually everything in your house with a single 200amp unbelievable if you doubt this I will seek permission to release number to you for those using it for you to have a check, when the whole house is on load together with small size frizer you run for 5hours but in the night when you want to run and load is regulated fan and some bulb on then you will use till day break and still use in the afternoon, this 3kva has be design to run both on single battery and two battery this inverter come with 30amp battery charger.

Local inverter
If you have local inverter that is not working fine, maybe humming or not running your fan, to the extent of burning it, we can give you a solution and you will enjoy it,

if anybody is given you inverter make sure it is deep cycle battery.
if you have already made inverter or local one and you are not enjoying it
for more info and solution pls call
femi on 08033681445
josfemi@yahoo.com or for instant reply babafemio@gulftreasures.org
BB 2960E531

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israel7732: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
hi to all. am an inverter engineer. i've been in the business for more than five years. 0.8kva imported inverter cannot charge two 200ah batteries effectively. 0.8kva inverters are designed on 12volts, therefore the two batteries would be in parallel connection. the betteries now forms a single 12volts 400ah battery. the minimum charging current needed is 40amps. 0.8kva inverter cannot give this charging current. you will need an external 3 stage charger. either locally built or imported.

3 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Manweysabi(m): 10:36am On Jan 21, 2013
nice thread... Following.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by pdozie: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2013
Guys,
If you are able to buy / Install and inverter with battery bank, I recommend you secure that investment with a Servo type stabilizer like 10kva PRAG. Its not the relay type. I've got my inverter and whole 4 batteries damaged because of PHCN fluctuations. It cost me 45k to buy but its worth it compared to replacing 4 batteries and cost of inverter repairs...

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
alstacs:
Up till now. The problem was choosing brand and later to get cost estimate. The end of the year syndrome is still hanging on me till Jan end.
All I know is whatsoever I want should be 1.5kva and not higher. But I need advise on battery combinations, inverter brand etc.

1.5KVA/24V Luminous inverter should do for you. Battery brands that are cool are also Luminous and Zenith. I am talking as a professional. But be sure the installation is gotten right,otherwise you wont enjoy this for long. Ensure all heavy loads are seperated from the inverter line. Not that you have to shut them down when you are on inverter. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 23, 2013
I've been using Sukam 1.5KVa with 2 Sukam 100AH batteries for a while. It just works. Charges on all currents and cuts off if there is overload.this combo is about 100k but if u prefer 2 200Ah batteries, it may cost about N150k. It may be slightly more expensive than Luminous. Please go for it
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2013
Hell house. sukam 3.5kva inverter at the back chargn selectn preference hc or lc - high or low current. which one do u prefer? any issue? nagode
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2013
Hello house. sukam 3.5kva inverter at the back chargn selectn preference hc or lc - high or low current. which one do u prefer? any issue? nagode
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by akorangela(f): 2:53am On Jan 25, 2013
when an inVerTer shows 99% and is noT fully charged what's d cause
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 7:41am On Jan 25, 2013
akorangela: when an inVerTer shows 99% and is noT fully charged what's d cause
why do you think its not fully charged? If it's because it doesn't give you enough backup time during power outage as it used to(even though it shows 99% charged),then your battery is gradually packing up.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 7:45am On Jan 25, 2013
idsolar: Hello house. sukam 3.5kva inverter at the back chargn selectn preference hc or lc - high or low current. which one do u prefer? any issue? nagode
check ur manual on this. Are u sure its high current and low current that are written there? If it is so,leave it on low currnt if PHCN is available at least 8 hours everyday in ur area.If PHCN is hardly available everyday, then u would want want ur inveretr to charge up as quickly as possible when there is utility power, leave it on hc. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by aathony: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2013
Nice thread. House what do u think about telecom batteries and whats d diff btw 200ah/20hr and 200ah/10hr which is stronger
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
idsolar: Hello house. sukam 3.5kva inverter at the back chargn selectn preference hc or lc - high or low current. which one do u prefer? any issue? nagode

please check your manual very well if hc represent high current and lc represent low current,
two things here
1 if hc means high current it better you leave it at hc,
2 also check your manual very well if the inverter has automatic charging system, if so leave it at hc, but if it does not have an automatic charging system
you have to get conscious about the charging other wise you battery get swell up and damage
Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
the manual confirms that if deep cycle batr leave it on high current but if flooded leave it on low current. i used dcbatr so normally leave it on hc. just to check d house frm expernc if any issue
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ethnan: 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
aathony: Nice thread. House what do u think about telecom batteries and whats d diff btw 200ah/20hr and 200ah/10hr which is stronger
If the batteries are essentially the same,200ah/10hr will provide a much longer backup time.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by markie79: 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
can somebody tell me the price 10ah battery and inverter
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
pls more explanation on 200ah/20hr and 200ah/10hr batteries.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
Just got a 2KVA CyberPower inverter & 200ah CyberPower battery(X2)...waitin' for it to get installed!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by aathony: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Any one with spoilt inverter batteries i do buy it at a very good price. 08091019331
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by purplekayc(m): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Can a 1000 va inverter machine handle and charge 2 truck sized batteries of like 200 amps each? Anyone?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
purplekayc: Can a 1000 va inverter machine handle and charge 2 truck sized batteries of like 200 amps each? Anyone?

dear purplekayc, the inverter can work perfectly with the quoted batteries but you will face a charging problem i mean serious charging problem
thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
I finally got my inverter installed! Digging it! Seems CyberPower inverters r strong, cz my 2.5Kva gen wz strugglin' 2 carry it, d gen tripped off couple of times, its gen frm 3Kva upwards dat wld easily carry d 2Kva CyberPower inverter, hpefully PHCN can b reliable enof 2 bank on dem for chargin' my inverter...gonna giv my newly installed inverter som long-hrs 1st tym chargin', & den I'm gonna start rockin' it!!!!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
So far on a fully charged battery I've bin able 2 use it for 9hrs without it tellin' me low batt, den PHCN brought lite...tins I used on it were 21" TV, DStv decoder, PS3 super slim(with a step dwn dat consumes 100W), home theatre system, ceilin' fan, energy savin' lite bulb (6), charged my fone 2ce & charged my iPad2 1ce...I'm guessin' it shld b able 2 do @ least 12hrs...its soooooo cooooool! I'm lovin' it!!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by specco(m): 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
dimdim001: So far on a fully charged battery I've bin able 2 use it for 9hrs without it tellin' me low batt, den PHCN brought lite...tins I used on it were 21" TV, DStv decoder, PS3 super slim(with a step dwn dat consumes 100W), home theatre system, ceilin' fan, energy savin' lite bulb (6), charged my fone 2ce & charged my iPad2 1ce...I'm guessin' it shld b able 2 do @ least 12hrs...its soooooo cooooool! I'm lovin' it!!!

What is the size of your battery ie, is it a 100ah or a 200ah battery. Considering the load it carries for 9hours I would like to know your battery capacity if you don't mind
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
specco:

What is the size of your battery ie, is it a 100ah or a 200ah battery. Considering the load it carries for 9hours I would like to know your battery capacity if you don't mind

I stated it above...its a CyberPower 200ah battery (I'm usin' 2), the inverter is also CyberPower (2kva)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by MarcoP: 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Nice thread.
The secret is this, if u want your battery to charge properly then you should buy an external battery charger that's suitable to charge d capacity of ur battery.
I have been using a 1 kva Gioxang inverter for over 3 years now. (I believe that's d name, I got it at Opebi)
I don't have PHCN where I live, so I rely on my 'I pass my neighbour gen' to charge my 100 amp battery using external charger for 3 - 5 hrs every evening. We use the inverter for lights only for about 3 hrs every morning to get d children ready for sch. If I decide to use it in d afternoon it powers d TV for another 2 hours.
Before my 15 inches LCD developed problem, I used to charge my inverter for 6-8 hrs and use it to power lights and d LcD tv for 3 good days. Its worth d investment.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.