Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (622347 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 10:49am On Jan 16, 2012
if you want to use it for experiment you can go ahead. since the power can be fixed. lol
well, i have done that, the end result was 4 CPU power pack, one '17' monitor, one ceiling fan, one '32' LCD tv, one '21' tv, one DVD player, 5 energy saving bulb, one router and more than 7 phone charger as sacrifice. i have not been able to fix some of them.
the good thing is i can give you 100% performance of these inverters with my research ( i mean money spent)

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
@JUO, what of the TEC inverters from thermocool? Are they of the pure sine wave variety and are they good? Which batteries and inverter combination are the best? Thanx. Expecting your reply
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Actionleap, Can U pls email me ur phone number or email address? I will lyk to ask U a few questions as regards your combination. Thanx
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 9:54am On Jan 17, 2012
@dsunmade my brother anything like this will end up killing your battery

http://naijabuys.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40_72&product_id=223
http://naijabuys.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40_72&product_id=224
these inverters can drain your battery when there is no load. the inverter is so heavy that some weigh 18kg for 2kva
it works with 200v and about, forget 140v that was written there, meaning when the voltage less than 200v you can't use it (it can't charge)
it cuts of at 11v dc. meaning the inverter will have battery problem in less than 6months. your 50k 200ah will be a waste

what to buy
1. inverter that can work with low voltage (100v and above)
2. inverter that can cut off at 10v dc
3. never you buy expensive battery eg 200ah. if you do, when that battery dies in less than 3months you will feel the pain. But if you will not overload the battery you can get expensive battery
4. go for MODIFIED SINE WAVE INVERTERS. Pure sine wave will be your best bet if money is not an issue

these are my findings do not be a victim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 11:03am On Jan 17, 2012
http://naijabuys.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40_72&product_id=223
http://naijabuys.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40_72&product_id=224
these inverters can drain your battery when there is no load. the inverter is so heavy that some weigh 18kg for 2kva
it works with 200v and about, forget 140v that was written there, meaning when the voltage less than 200v you can't use it (it can't charge)
it cuts of at 11v dc. meaning the inverter will have battery problem in less than 6months. your 50k 200ah will be a waste
what to buy
1. inverter that can work with low voltage (100v and above)
2. inverter that can cut off at 10v dc
3. never you buy expensive battery eg 200ah. if you do, when that battery dies in less than 3months you will feel the pain
4. go for MODIFIED SINE WAVE INVERTERS

im sorry i have to reply in negative way to the above attached pix, those inverter are very good the only problem you will come across them is the charging system, if you dont have a regular source for at least 7 to 8 hours you will not really enjoy them, but for the output they are ok and they never discharge or drain battery as claim, cos the off load current is minimal
as for the cut off most invert i mean imported inverter cut of between 11 to 11.4 volt, any locally inverter the cut off between 8.5volt and 10v you must be able to have a good charger the will charger back,
concerning buying of 200amp this battery are meant to be use for 1 ½ years when you are running them as a cycle use but used up to 2years when you are running them on standby use,
inverter that cut off at 11v can never have problem in 3month unless you are using a fairly used battery or fake battery in my history of repair and inverter construction its only second hand battery that behave like that and more also another secret abt battery is that most of the battery that come in brown canton are china make the original always come in branded for instance I just discover mercury battery that is original that the china made with brown canton do last close to 2year but when you get to ikeja opposite otigba there is a shopping complex that sell battery, they are mercury distributors, you can go there and see yourself I discover this before the strike,
I guess what made the poster to say 200 amp is not good is that he has never understand the charging principle, the fact is that if 2ooamp can works successfully for 3months with poor charging system afte which it form a high resistance which make it difficult to charge but I tell you if you charger is good you will have no problem,
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2012
dsunmade

Offline Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience
« #191 on: Yesterday at 07:15:11 AM »

Hello dsunmade the GXQ 800watt inverter you have, honestly if you are careful in the application you will never have problem with this inverter is one of the cheapest in the market and if made of pic with all the number of the component not visible, with a soft start system. regulating you load is the best and if you want to connect it to your house be very careful on the load application cos of the sensitive component, but one it have been repair forget it or get damage and has been work on you will never have a good result again. Pple have used it what I did is to supply them charging system that is all.
The inverter charging circuitry is bad it deliver only 3amp and there is noting you can do than to get another good automatic charger
On Your Battery, pls I will not mind if I know where you get the battery I have been looking for one and up till now I cannot find a customer I constructed inverter is using it and honestly close to 8month now he is still using it with a 30amp battery charger don’t be deceived that battery is good if you want confirmation I will send the user number to you to confirm.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2012
femiolorun @ i did the research myself. if u need proof i can send you pictures.
imagine draining battery to 8.5v i don't want to believe you are one of those that make people inverter is a waste of money?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
the only research i will tell you to do now is on german inverter and some of indian inverter with bypass  find out the low voltage cutout and charging current if you can measure it, also find out off load load current, they are costly inverter of which 1000watt go for 50k i m sure you must have  come across one, this inverter pulll as high as 45amp during and very small and drain as low as 7 volt and charge back for 3hrs, this inverter are not really moving in the market becos of the price, you can also research more on battery.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Juo, Thanks
@femiolorun, Thanks
if I may ask for the same wattage of 0.8-1.0kw, which of the followwing inverters are the best in terms of durability, maintenance, ease of repair and stability of output AC?
SUKAM
LUMINOUS
CYBERPOWER
TEC
GAOXINQI

ARE YOU ASSURING ME THAT I CAN USE THE GXQ INVERTER WITH A LED TV WITH NO PROBLEM SHORT OR LONG-TERM?
I'll search for the receipt of the battery and pass on the address but i have been using the battery n inverter for at least 1yr 6 months with no repairs .
Thanx again
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by earthrealm(m): 5:21am On Jan 18, 2012
i hv been using the goaxing inverters since 2007, they hv never burnt my laptop/tv/phone charger, the are light/transformerless thus use less energy, the 2 cons against it are

1. it has an inbuilt fan 0.5amp/1amp that runs 24/7 once the inverter is on, this i blv drains the battery , they shud hv incoporated a thermostat, thus the fan will kick in when the temp rises.

2.someone on this forum said the charging current is 3amps, i dont know how he measured it, but an 80ah battery takes btw 7 to 10 hrs to be fully charged, unlike some other systems that recharge in less, i dont see this as a big flaw, trickle /slow charging is preferable in inverters,
3. if it has any fault, ur best bet is to take it to the goaxing shop in VI for repairs, any other place, u r on ur own!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2012
@Earthrealm: pls, what is the type and make of ur TV? Is it a CATHODE RAY TUBE(the big one) or flatscreen (plasma, lcd or led)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 10:59am On Jan 18, 2012
dsunmade

@Juo, Thanks
@femiolorun, Thanks
if I may ask for the same wattage of 0.8-1.0kw, which of the followwing inverters are the best in terms of durability, maintenance, ease of repair and stability of output AC?
SUKAM
LUMINOUS
CYBERPOWER
TEC
GAOXINQI
ARE YOU ASSURING ME THAT I CAN USE THE GXQ INVERTER WITH A LED TV WITH NO PROBLEM SHORT OR LONG-TERM?
I'll search for the receipt of the battery and pass on the address but i have been using the battery n inverter for at least 1yr 6 months with no repairs .
Thanx again

@DSUNMADE , thanks for confirming my word, I have been into inverter since 2001 both in construction and repair, yes you can run 32`` LCD on it, I am using 300watt inverter built by me to power my house with include 32 lcd, and im also happy that you have use your battry for that far. But to be at a saver side if you want to buy that GXQ go to the real dealer cos I have in several time fix this so call inverter sold as new to people.
From the above list of mention inverter all of them are good but I will only say for me that I repair more of sukam follow by cyberpower tec and luminous have not come to my table for reapir but I have install more than 10 and they are at high price in purchase. Hope I have answer your question.

earthrealm ________________________________________
i hv been using the goaxing inverters since 2007, they hv never burnt my laptop/tv/phone charger, the are light/transformerless thus use less energy,
Answer
thanks earthrealm you have also confirm the good useage about the goaxing inverter since 2007 now.
the 2 cons against it are

1. it has an inbuilt fan 0.5amp/1amp that runs 24/7 once the inverter is on, this i blv drains the battery , they shud hv incoporated a thermostat, thus the fan will kick in when the temp rises.
answer
0.5am is negligible its consumption is only 5watt

2.someone on this forum said the charging current is 3amps, i dont know how he measured it, but an 80ah battery takes btw 7 to 10 hrs to be fully charged, unlike some other systems that recharge in less, i dont see this as a big flaw, trickle /slow charging is preferable in inverters,
3. if it has any fault, your best bet is to take it to the goaxing shop in VI for repairs, any other place, u r on your own!

Answer
Yes I am the one that said is on 3amp charging, and im happy on your observation that on 80ah battery it takes up to 10hrs that is confirmation that it on 3amps even if you don’t know how to do that I have stress that before on measuring the charging current, one thing I will say here is that in the the law in charging is ration 1 to 10, if you example if you have a battery of 80amp you need a minimum of 8amp this will prevent and resistance to build up.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2012
I am using 300watt inverter built by me to power my house with include 32 lcd, and im also happy that you have use your battery for that far.
lol you mean there are no fan, bulb, cd/home theater in your house, or you just put on tv and stay in heat?
the 32'lcd is not less than 150watts
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
I am using 300watt inverter built by me to power my house which include 32 lcd, and im also happy that you have use your battery for that far.
the bold statement above has answer your question
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
I am using 300watt inverter built by me to power my house which include 32 lcd, and im also happy that you have use your battery for that far.
the bold statement above has answer your question
No
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
what r the pros n cons of using transformer based and transformer-less inverters?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by NET1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2012
I've been so waiting for a thread like this. Ok, here's the challenge we have:

We're opening our Data-centre in Port Harcourt in March 2012. the Data-centre will contain

6 Server machines
50 computers with Flat screen monitors
3 Laptop computers
6 (1.5HP) split-unit ACs

That's all. I want to know the technical details & cost for an Inverter and Batteries (how many would we need) that will be capable enough to carry these equipment.

We are ready to make purchase, once we are satisfied with the technical details and cost.

.NET
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Zector(m): 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2012
Net
kindly call me for better discussion on ur request
or
pawazecnl@yahoo.com

Yomi
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by azundu1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
I want to just power 1 laptop for upto 10 hours.

Please I need an urgent solution.

What inverter configuration do I need and where do I get it ASAP.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by earthrealm(m): 8:50am On Jan 21, 2012
any inverter with 150ah battery shud give u more than 10hrs, a laptop is btw 60 - 100watts
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 10:03am On Jan 21, 2012
a laptop is only 60watts
mr conclusion. did you know the type of laptop he is using, what if is mini or '19' laptop?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by azundu1(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2012
my laptop is 15''.

What will it cost me to have the inverter with battery.

I need a contact where I can go and pick it up at once.

Thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ubiam: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
I have a house that requires at least 3kv power daytime and same at night. I have already gotten a 2.5kv Genus inverter plus 8nos. 150AH deep cycle battery pack. 
The above is working ok, but I have to run the generator most days for about 5 hrs before it can charge enough for backup of about 12hrs.
I have made up my mind to change the entire thing to Solar. Now, I need you to please advise on the following:
1. The best foreign battery to buy.( I used the local brands on the current inverter and I had to change them after 4 months). The foreign batteries are working perfectly.
2. The best inverters to buy (at least up to 6 or 7 KVA). remember I will combine Solar to this.
3. The solar must be enough to give me at least 3kva in the day time while charging the batteries too.
4. Can I combine the 150VA /12v batteries in the former arrangement with the 200 Va on the new solar augmented arrangement?
Thank you,

Steve
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ Ubiam is 150ah not 150va. these are two different things
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ubiam: 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
JUO, pls I am sorry I missed that one. You are correct (really I am not so versed in the language of the thing that is why i came to the forum for help). Please help I am in a hurry to get started b4 another strike causes me to lose biz and money. Everybody that is knowledgeable of the tech, your advise much appreciated. Thank you again.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by mp3ree: 10:15am On Jan 24, 2012
Inverters are good.Actionleap seem to me u are dealer trying to promote your products,because the load you put on your 1.4VA is way to much for the capacity

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by divinnka: 7:09pm On Jan 26, 2012
Dear Friends,

I have used DALTRON TRUEPOWER Inverter and Batteries 3kVA 48vdc supplied and installed by SystemTrust Limited, located at 51 Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, Lagos. They installed it for N347,000 for everything and it has worked very well for over 3 years now. The education given to me by their engineers helped me alot in preserving my batteries. They asked me to avoid draining the batteries often to the point where the inverter will trip off. They also asked me to ensure that the batteries are fully charged before leaving them when I want to travel. Their product is a rugged Indian product with LCD and all bypass controls. They gave one year warranty but I don't need it because the product has served me for over 3 years now with an issue.
My father told me that if a man does a good job, hire him again or recommend him to a friend. Because SystemTrust has served us well, I recommend SystemTrust Limited to any person who desires good quality Inverter system and excellent services.

My bank (name withheld) uses them extensively for our online ATM backup and remote SNMP monitoring.
If I observe any negative thing, I won't hesitate to mention it here.

Thank you.

Demola.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by divinnka: 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
NET and Azundu:

I think you should call 08023136066 or 07038084637 - SystemTrust (ICT) Limited for a solution. They have expertise in these areas and they are bulk importers which means you are not dealing with any middleman who will pad his own money. Their website is also www.systemtrust-ng.com .

Thanks.

Demola.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by badaru1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2012
Can i use external charger to charge my inverter batteries?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zurich: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2012
Most of you guys just talk about inverters, meanwhile you were actually talking about UPS (uninterruptible power supply). Converters convert AC voltage source into an DC voltage output. The inverter does the opposite, inverting a DC voltage source into an AC output. What most of you guys have in your homes are UPS (a combination of the two) which takes in the NEPA/PHCN distorted 230V and gives you a stabilized voltage of 230V at the same time keeping you online (powered up) when NEPA/PHCN packs up (rationalized).

The UPS incorporates charge principles in the same system as well as battery(ies). Batteries used in UPS devices are supposed to be deep cycled batteries allowing for shallow depletion with no problems but with long (slow charging process), but this is not always the case, because deep cycled batteries are expensive and hence make the UPS more expensive and vulnerable to competitive products in terms of affordability. Due to this, most UPS sold in Nigeria will not have deep cycled batteries.

Going from above description, most UPS on sale in Nigeria have batteries that are charged quickly but deplete same way - quickly. When these type of batteries deplete too quick, too soon and frequently, they loose their charging capability and therefore can no longer be charged.

Unfortunately, there are too few people (sellers of these devices) in Nigeria that really understand the holistic of battery technology. Most of them have no time to do the required knowledge research, they are more preoccupied with the return on their business investment.

Anyone of you that may be seriously interested in real working renewable technology can let me know. I am an electrical engineer and I live and work in Zurich, Switzerland.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by caseyjust(m): 11:12am On Feb 21, 2012
Can anybody direct me on where i can get a fairly used Inverter, about 60kVa power?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2012
casey-just:

Can anybody direct me on where i can get a fairly used Inverter, about 60kVa power?

r u sure u understand what you are asking for?, cos u use/have a 60kva inverter doesnt mean that u need a 60kva inverter, inverter is mainly used for important power points like lights/fans/tv/laptop etc, a/c is discouraged cos of its heavy comsumption of battery .if you insist below is a 20kva invert about 850k, n u need abt the same in batteries to fully enjoy it.

http://www.coolworldelectricals.com/power/power-menus/others.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images_coolworld.tpl&product_id=172&category_id=47

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.