Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects (55033 Views)

Funny Tweet Between FCMB Bank And The Nigerian Snake (photos) / Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos / FCMB Replies Customer Who Requested For Loan To Buy Sex Doll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by FutureDecisions: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

Help me ban dis one

Ban this ratio

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by authority2006(m): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2021
Globetroter:

Stop displaying your ignorance in the public. If a subject you know nothing about is being discussed, just keep quiet.

He said nothing but the truth. Most teenagers and young adults of school age I know are now sleeping during the day just because they are hustling at night.
I know a man in my area with three young boys, they used to come and stay in their daddy's shop before. Now, all of them are now "stay at home boys" just because they are now into internet fraud during the night but always came to shop only to sleep during the day. Should I need to inform you that their daddy gave them 100% support because he's getting money from them? That's how low we have sunk as human beings
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by CELEBRITIZ(m): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:
Nonsense report as usual from bloggers wey dey form journalists. Shiorr. If every internal memo wey dey be news, dat means say una no get job niyen.shiorr

Btw, trading crypto no be job o.. All the artisans , printers etc in Lagos now don quit work and don turn to crypto. Dem get work o but just abandon dem work dey do Bitcoin . E go beta make government stop dis crypto madness o.
Lazy people wey dey look for free money. Awon ole ole! Shiorr. One wey I know never go him shop for months now becos of dis nonsense crypto get rich quick mentality. Thank you FCMB. Na laziness and get rich quick mentality dey worry dem!

Imagine someone wey be 18 to 30 years wey dey waste hin youth and time wey e supposed use get right skill, experience and network dey decieve himself say him na crypto trader. Shoro niyen? Awon ole! Lazy lot! U will suffer in old age if at 18-30 na free money and get rich quick schemes you dey chase. Go work! That plumber get job o but him abandon all the job dey do Nonsense crypto. FG must stop dis madness o before dem grow up to become armed robbers.

Lazy yoots! You go see dem dey wake up by 11a.m dey stretch. School dem no go, work dem no learn and if you give dem job,ur own don cast patapata be dat. Shiorr!!

All I smell is jealousy and envy.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by authority2006(m): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2021
FarahAideed:
Buhari has ruined this country

Yeah, for trying to curb internet fraud among the age group notoriously knowing for online fraud? Buhari is going in 2023, the mess of a country you're creating for yourself will still be there for you and your kids.
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by authority2006(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2021
CELEBRITIZ:

All I smell is jealousy and envy.

Anyone who is jealous of fraudulent accumulation of wealth/money is as guilty as those involved in the practice. Simple. But you can't expect everyone to be cool with the madness going on among the Nigerian youths with this online criminal career
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by Bizibi(m): 7:47am On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:

He said nothing but the truth. Most teenagers and young adults of school age I know are now sleeping during the day just because they are hustling at night.
I know a man in my area with three young boys, they used to come and stay in their daddy's shop before. Now, all of them are now "stay at home boys" just because they are now into internet fraud during the night but always came to shop only to sleep during the day. Should I need to inform you that their daddy gave them 100% support because he's getting money from them? That's how low we have sunk as human beings
trading in crypto currency or engaging in internet fraud
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by authority2006(m): 7:48am On Nov 10, 2021
Lordbinsmar:
angry

Werey Pipu and Olooriburuku government.

Always looking for ways to make Nigerians wallow in poverty.

Ogun kill APC

angry
revived:
Awon oloriburuku

Gbogbo wan ti yawerey

EyezofGod120:
grin dem sha wan cripple us finish for this country,,God no go gree for una o
general111:
;Dthis government is funny..
Naira is on a free fall.
Fulani herdmens everywhere.
Bokoharam too..
But this government is busy running after crypto traders.

Walls are closing on you guys. I don't see any problem with the bank or EFCC inviting you to come and explain how came about millions of naira that just dropped into your account as a young adult! Will that be a problem for you all? Laughing
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by authority2006(m): 7:51am On Nov 10, 2021
Bizibi:
trading in crypto currency or engaging in internet fraud

Engaging in internet fraud and of course, you knew that too.
But getting back to the thread, when a bank ask you where the millions of naira that just dropped into your account came from, you shouldn't have problem showing them that it is from the sales of crypto. Right?
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by kiwi007: 7:52am On Nov 10, 2021
You people should know whatever the government is doing now is to stop youth from having funds to campaign against them in the coming general elections after what the youth did on their own at the end SARS

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by Tomahawk99(m): 7:54am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:
Nonsense report as usual from bloggers wey dey form journalists. Shiorr. If every internal memo wey dey be news, dat means say una no get job niyen.shiorr

Btw, trading crypto no be job o.. All the artisans , printers etc in Lagos now don quit work and don turn to crypto. Dem get work o but just abandon dem work dey do Bitcoin . E go beta make government stop dis crypto madness o.
Lazy people wey dey look for free money. Awon ole ole! Shiorr. One wey I know never go him shop for months now becos of dis nonsense crypto get rich quick mentality. Thank you FCMB. Na laziness and get rich quick mentality dey worry dem!

Imagine someone wey be 18 to 30 years wey dey waste hin youth and time wey e supposed use get right skill, experience and network dey decieve himself say him na crypto trader. Shoro niyen? Awon ole! Lazy lot! U will suffer in old age if at 18-30 na free money and get rich quick schemes you dey chase. Go work! That plumber get job o but him abandon all the job dey do Nonsense crypto. FG must stop dis madness o before dem grow up to become armed robbers.

Lazy yoots! You go see dem dey wake up by 11a.m dey stretch. School dem no go, work dem no learn and if you give dem job,ur own don cast patapata be dat. Shiorr!!
Mumu talk. Na you be the real lazy youth, you dey low key jealous people wey dey into crypto trading.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by CELEBRITIZ(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:

Anyone who is jealous of fraudulent accumulation of wealth/money is as guilty as those involved in the practice. Simple. But you can't expect everyone to be cool with the madness going on among the Nigerian youths with this online criminal career

I can bet you . If you are rich and wealthy you won't have this mentality. Focus on your self improvement and how to increase your finance. Learn to Mind your business

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by corbanstevee: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2021
Permit me to say that you may be a high suspect of fraud by these banks from CBN if you've applied your youthfulness and good skills learnt and appropriated financial freedom evidenced by your inflow.

Note that there are legitimate young entrepreneurs whose account have been net to zero because if mere suspicious assumption.

We should see in-between the lines....and address the clampdown on wealth increase and prosperity that ingenuity is bringing.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by olatuns2017: 8:07am On Nov 10, 2021
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by KaptainAfrika: 8:15am On Nov 10, 2021
E dun happen !
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by Bizibi(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:

But getting back to the thread, when a bank ask you where the millions of naira that just dropped into your account came from, you shouldn't have problem showing them that it is from the sales of crypto. Right?
*sigh*
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by loswhite(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

Idiot!!!!
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by Bizibi(m): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2021
corbanstevee:
Permit me to say that you may be a high suspect of fraud by these banks from CBN if you've applied your youthfulness and good skills learnt and appropriated financial freedom evidenced by your inflow.

Note that there are legitimate young entrepreneurs whose account have been net to zero because if mere suspicious assumption.

We should see in-between the lines....and address the clampdown on wealth increase and prosperity that ingenuity is bringing.
when I got to know about eft and nft last month,I shook my head in pity for myself. The world is moving so fast with innovations,ideas and creativity and I felt I was left behind.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by EyezofGod120: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:

Walls are closing on you guys. I don't see any problem with the bank or EFCC inviting you to come and explain how came about millions of naira that just dropped into your account as a young adult! Will that be a problem for you all? Laughing
,,werey d time wey nothing enter my account why dem no ask why I broke?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by snoopz: 8:35am On Nov 10, 2021
See profiling o, Nigeria is not ready to help the youth but they're ready to deal with any rich youth as if it's a crime to be young and rich, I dey always talk am say Nigeria is not good for youths but adults like maina ganduje Alison anyim accounts won't be flagged because their own fraud level is higher than they youths right?

don't want to believe this though, but if it's true they're only going to make the youths find another way.

Time for this kuda and other online banks to start profiting

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by OfficialZamy(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

Unscrupulous being
I pray nobody in your family will venture into cryptocurrency world

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by CrownWale93(m): 8:47am On Nov 10, 2021
Very easy to identify anyone whose stupidity is by Inheredity... Just pray your children find divine so they will not pass it to the next generation
Nigerialabalaba:

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by signz: 8:49am On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:

Yeah, for trying to curb internet fraud among the age group notoriously knowing for online fraud? Buhari is going in 2023, the mess of a country you're creating for yourself will still be there for you and your kids.

For the love of God!!!! Is Crypto fraudulent
Please read about it, go to Youtube watch videos and if you have money pay professionals that'll teach you about it.

People are making Millions worldwide as Digital Mallams, Trading tokens, trading crypto currencies, Defi (future of banking), Gamefi, DAO's, etc.

Buhari, Emefiele and the co feudalists are trying to lock out Young Nigerians from building generational wealth, economic terrorism. In all this i pity Emefiele, his case will be worse than Diezani.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by signz: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2021
snoopz:
See profiling o, Nigeria is not ready to help the youth but they're ready to deal with any rich youth as if it's a crime to be young and rich, I dey always talk am say Nigeria is not good for youths but adults like maina ganduje Alison anyim accounts won't be flagged because their own fraud level is higher than they youths right?

don't want to believe this though, but if it's true they're only going to make the youths find another way.

Time for this [/b]kuda and other online banks[b] to start profiting

It's an order from CBN. Kuda and co will simply tow the same line.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by CELEBRITIZ(m): 9:03am On Nov 10, 2021
Tomahawk99:

Mumu talk. Na you be the real lazy youth, you dey low key jealous people wey dey into crypto trading.

Abeg help me tell am

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by TeeGod(m): 9:08am On Nov 10, 2021
The customers wey they get don tire them
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by Buzx: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:

You know what they would do if he tells them the money is from crypto gains. What if he was an early investor of cryptocurrencies and he's just taking out his gains. Is that also fraudulent? Is it fair that the bank has to close his account just because he made gains from crypto?
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by OloyeVIII: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

THIRSTY....

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by InoGetJoy: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

You have a miserable poverty mentally and it's disgusting. Go and find someone to teach you how to trade crypto instead of ranting. Thief

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by InoGetJoy: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2021
InvestorO:
There is a Sinister Agenda to impoverish all youths because wtf
Did you realise this today?
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by InoGetJoy: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2021
authority2006:

Is crypto trading a crime? I know you'll say fraudsters use crypto to receive money, but the same fraudsters also receive money in cash, money transfer services, banks, gift cards amongst many other ways
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by OloyeVIII: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2021
Theunbothered:

Time to break down this wall of nonsense you wrote piece by piece.

Kidnappers collect ransome using cash, we should ban cash, they also use roads, we should ban roads and force everyone to walk to keep ourselves safe from kidnappers.

This is a complete lie, I don't know what gutter you got these numbers from.

First the US government never petitioned Nigeria over cryptocurrency, this is a completely made up lie.

Second, the 400 million dollar figure is the amount of cryptocurrencies traded from Nigerian wallets on global exchanges and does not translate to cryptocurrency profits from the US turning into liquid cash in hand.

https://techpoint.africa/2021/01/06/nigerians-traded-more-than-400m-worth-crypto-2020/

Even at that if just 1% of Nigerians have cryptocurrency wallets that's a trade value of 200 dollars per person in hypothetical money.

And third, this 400 million dollar lie is not why the government banned cryptocurrency, the figure is never referenced in any of the documents from the CBN.

You are just reading and repeating nonsense.

The EU, US AND UK did not ban cryptocurrency, having laws to regulate the trade is just common sense.

China banned cryptocurrency because they operate a communist economic system which forces the state to control every aspect of the country's economy.

What the hell are you talking about?

Nigeria isn't safe from sanctions, most of Nigeria's gdp comes from oil which is subject to sanctions. If the US wants it can also force trading allies to stop accepting Nigerian goods.

Iran is also oil dependent and still gets sanctioned.

The Iran and North Korea present a military threat to the United States, hence the sanctions. You're just talking utter bullcrap.

Yet other countries are fighting fraud without these draconian measures.

You just contradicted yourself.

Without cryptocurrency existing terrorism still got funded and wasn't traced so why are you blaming cryptocurrency on terrorism funding now?

When Boko Haram members are killed it's cash that is found in their possession.

Why didn’t banks block Mudashiru Obasa's 64 bank accounts with fraudulent cash transfers until the EFCC forced their hand?

Why are many politicians who gain millions allowed to keep their loot but they are going after the youth?

Do you think the financiers of terrorism in Nigeria are under 30? When will the banks step in for that?

Yes and they are aided by corrupt cops like Abba Kyari, who the Buhari government is refusing to prosecute.

Nigga was taken to the cleaners shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by 1forall: 11:09am On Nov 10, 2021
Terrence99:

Are you aware that Subomi Balogun the founder of FCMB was banned from holding any position for life in FCMB. He was axed as Chairman and CEO.
His offence? Fraud and round-tripping.

FCMB is an institution built on fraud and headed by philandering adulterers like Nuru Adam

Please, what's your point exactly? That the founder (the founder!) was axed from the bank for his wrongdoing actually demonstrates that the bank values professionalism and integrity.

And what does all that have to do with them coming up with a new banking policy? I think you're being more emotional and biased than objective in your view.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account / Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.