Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? (5084 Views)

Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? / Outlook.com: Microsoft's New & Better Email Service (goodbye Hotmail) / Unable to Sign In to My Hotmail Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by avirji(m): 4:58am On Feb 14, 2006
grin Hey all!

I had a quick question to ask you guys. Which one of you likes Gmail and which one Hotmail. This is for people who use Gmail and Hotmail *both* Also, just because Gmail is BETA does not mean it is worse.

If you are expressing a view, please have good arguments.

Thanks, and hope you take part in this topic.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by comechop(m): 5:40am On Feb 14, 2006
Definitely gmail. Definitely. Hotmail isnt that good,
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by Seun(m): 6:33am On Feb 14, 2006
Gmail is the best for now, and they have even rolled out a new feature that let's you chat from your inbox. Isn't that cool? smiley

Yahoo Mail BETA is supposed to be good, but those guys believe that customers outside the US are not valuable enough to be invited.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by abuguy64(m): 6:47am On Feb 14, 2006
Hey,I have accounts in all 3. I do believe Gmail is best becos of the size of the information you can get,and other features mentioned by Seun. Yahoo comes next. Hotmail lost its best  feature when it stopped free Outlook express. I have it and that is why I maintain a hotmail account. Important and long mails can be downloaded and read at your leisure,especially if you have your own computer.Such feature is useful too if you are sharing computer and have limited internet access(sadly it is no longer free). I hope more people come over to Gmail,so I can use my Gmail account better.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by ababoy1(m): 8:32am On Feb 14, 2006
One word - gmail
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by luridguy(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2006
yea if only yahoo will open up and give every one equal services

one thing i like about gmail is you can attach big files without any problem with yahoo i usually change the file type to gif to make it smaller but not with gmail
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2006
Never new that gmail is this cool.I going to open an account today.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by charlisco(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2006
gmail is really cool than any of the two mention above
[list]
[li]if you intend to send an attachment, while you are typing your message, gmail is busy attaching your file at same time[/li]
[li]very fast searching of mail messages[/li]
[li]it has more bites than another mail account i have seen and load faster[/li]
[li]it keeps long conversation message of a same individual like a file cabinet[/li]
[li]and also provide a search result  based on the mail subject your receive and reply to[/li]
[li]the way gmail displayed image is so cute that you do nt need to download it into to you system before view it in a good resolution[/li]

[/list]

Gmail Ebanor

click to learn Nigeria Pidgin English Only on Nairaland
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by nuckecy(m): 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2006
I think Hotmail is the best. Hotmail filters Junk mails and only allows you the add addresses that are recognised by you, inorder to for them to be recieved in inbox. I'll recommend Hotmail for confidential mails.

I prefer Hotmail mail.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by charlisco(m): 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2006
I do not think we in Nigeria derserve hotmail, it is very slow to log into your account
since the internet connection here is very slow; and it is the mail most scammer are using
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by cushman(m): 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2006
I have all the three accounts. Gmail is the best.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by jayvinnie(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2006
yahoomail and hotmail
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by UsherGurl(f): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2006
Well almost everybody uses Hotmail here in Senegal
and I can say that Hotmail is really good!
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by Fdeveloper(m): 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2006
My personal preference is Hotmail however it has to be said that Hotmail in particular and Yahoo to a lesser extent are both somewhat dated now and therefore offer less features than the newer Gmail.

Hotmail has released beta versions of it's new mail service "Windows Live Mail" (http://www.ideas.live.com/) which promises to rival anything offered by it's competitors however I suppose only time will tell,
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by kenniy(m): 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2006
gmail
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by Daymauler: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2006
So far, gmail it is!
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by burteeone(m): 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2006
yeahh!!!! G'mail is da best as at noww grin kiss No! descrimination[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by ashric(f): 1:04am On Feb 28, 2006
Gmail is the best for the storage capacity and other features that it incorporates. But, I hate the amount of pop-up windows it creates which even bypass the pop-up blocker. angry (Now I use Mozilla Firefox to eliminate that.) I also have about 300 invites if anyone is still interested. Send me an email if you are!
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by avirji(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2006
Thank-you everyone, for sharing your views. Your comments are greatly appreciated!
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by aplus: 2:48am On Jul 25, 2006
gmail is the fatest
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by iice(f): 3:08am On Jul 25, 2006
I have all three, I use Yahoo the most coz it's the longest of the 3, I have problems attaching stuffs in my gmail, but it's the fastest of the 3, i hate attaching on yahoo takes too long, i like 2 attach pix on Hotmail because u can view the pics at the same time pic the ones 2 u want to attach.  Hotmail is the worst in terms on inbox space however am still waiting on this Windows live thing they r promising will be gr8t, Time will tell
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by oyinda3(f): 5:50am On Jun 30, 2009
gmail of course
it's so easy to organize your contacts, has a nice calendar feature u can share with others, and mostly eliminates the use of usb 'cause you can type your essays or take notes in google docs.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by jhon09: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
definetly gmail is the best always,
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by allboyz(m): 1:40am On Jul 03, 2009
Gmail!
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by pafegs(m): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2009
Gmail.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by pafegs(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2009
Gmail.
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by UNLEASHED(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2009
Gmail does it!!
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by UNLEASHED(m): 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2009
Gmail does it!!
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by lynxnoon(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2009
GMAIL!!(at least i can easily use thunderbird for it n get mails fast wink wink)
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by clarkhary: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2009
if you say gmail allows you to chat from your box, what about yahoo, thier new feature also does dat too, i prefer yahoo
Re: Yahoo Mail, Gmail Or Hotmail? by joeyreports: 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
Learn how to go about your yahoo mail registration by following the best steps available...

(1) (Reply)

How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection / HP Elitebook 6930P Dual-Core and Elitebook 8440P corei5 Laptops Available / Asus Core I7, 1tb Hdd+ Ssd, 1gb Nvidea, Blu-ray 8gb Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.