Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians (540 Views)

[VIDEO] Plateau: Dr Paul Eneche Unleashes Judgemental Prayers Against Jihadists / Help!!! How Do I Get Rid Of Judgemental Spirit? / Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Many Christians today are so judgemental that they discourage and ultimately drive away people from the church,people who are trying to overcome their sins and forget the past.
How do we handle this in today's society?
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:
Many Christians today are so judgemental that they discourage and ultimately drive away people from the church,people who are trying to overcome their sins and forget the past.
Why do you think it your place to 'handle' them? Who send you that kain job? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

By being Holy as God is!

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Opeyemiextra(f): 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
By not dealing with them at all.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
By not dealing with them at all.
You don't try to overcome sin and your past by going to your churches to begin with. That tradition of running to church when in trouble is against God. undecided

So, rather than worry about those you assume to be judgmental, you ought to look inwards to be sure you are yourself right with God to begin with. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by alBHAGDADI: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

One thing many don't understand is that the church is not a place for everybody. It is only for those who are Saved i.e who believe Jesus has given them eternal life and that they will never go to hell fire no matter what.

It is not for those who are not saved, who don't have the spirit of God inside them. Since they don't have the spirit of God in them, they will not understand the word of God being said in church because it is spirit.

John 6:63 KJV
the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This explains why they find the scolding word of God to be annoying. They hate it when they are being judged by the word of God for their sins. But if it is a saved person, the person won't hate the church for simply doing its job. What unsaved people want is a place where they can go and feel good.

The church is not for the unsaved

When Jesus sent out his disciples in twos, he told them to go preach the gospel. After they were done saving the people they preached to, those people were brought to Jesus who then taught them how to live their life. Note, it was saved people that were brought to Jesus, not unsaved people. That had to be saved first which was why they listened to Jesus. The unsaved people who came around were always arguing with Jesus and disagreeing with him.

Today, churches are designed for the unsaved. They make the atmosphere so relaxing with purple disco lights, super confy seats, drama, heavy metal music, comedians, celebrity gospel musicians, actors/actresses and feel good sermon from a pastor who is only after money. Such attracts sinners who rush to become members, thereby living confortably in sin because they are not judged. Nobody will judge them in such a place because it means they will run away, thereby reducing the shady pastor's income. But in a church for the saved, judgment is accepted and change is made.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
OP give examples of how they drive people away undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

One thing many don't understand is that the church is not a place for everybody. It is only for those who are Saved i.e who believe Jesus has given them eternal life and that they will never go to hell fire no matter what.

It is not for those who are not saved, who don't have the spirit of God inside them. Since they don't have the spirit of God in them, they will not understand the word of God being said in church because it is spirit.

This explains why they find the scolding word of God to be annoying. They hate it when they are being judged by the word of God for their sins. But if it is a saved person, the person won't hate the church for simply doing its job. What unsaved people want is a place where they can go and feel good.

When Jesus sent out his disciples in twos, he told them to go preach the gospel. After they were done saving the people they preached to, those people were brought to Jesus who then taught them how to live their life. Note, it was saved people that were brought to Jesus, not unsaved people. That had to be saved first which was why they listened to Jesus. The unsaved people who came around were always arguing with Jesus and disagreeing with him.
Good one.

The big question now is:

How do you manage not appearing hypocritical or judgemental since the unsaved people are now more than the saved in the Church?

Should one simply apply: 'Judge not'?
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

Truth,bro
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do you think it your place to 'handle' them? Who send you that kain job? undecided
And why do you think am handling them.
Who assigned you that monitoring demon task? Where did you see me handling them?
Python brain!

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Opeyemiextra(f): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
My concern should be the state of my relationship with God. Once I'm approved by God, I don't care what you, even if you are a pastor, think.
All these assistant Jesus ehn judging others for sinning differently.
Kobojunkie:
You don't try to overcome sin and your past by going to your churches to begin with. That tradition of running to church when in trouble is against God. undecided

So, rather than worry about those you assume to be judgmental, you ought to look inwards to be sure you are yourself right with God to begin with. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

Truth,bro
There is actually no truth to any of what He said said Jesus Christ never sent any of His followers out to attend the churches of men. undecided

If you read your bible carefully, you would have learnt that even Jesus Christ went into the synagogues(the churches of men during His own time) to preach to people calling calling out of the synagogues to instead become His followers. He said He would build His own Church - His own hands - not the hands of your pastors and Mogs. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

And why do you think am handling them.
Who assigned you that monitoring demon task? Where did you see me handling them?
Python brain!
Did you use the word 'handle' in your OP, fish brain? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is actually no truth to any of what He said said Jesus Christ never sent any of His followers out to attend the churches of men. undecided

If you read your bible carefully, you would have learnt that even Jesus Christ went into the synagogues(the churches of men during His own time) to preach to people calling calling out of the synagogues to instead become His followers. He said He would build His own Church - His own hands - not the hands of your pastors and Mogs. undecided

And what will happen to do disciples?

Each to their own without interacting, correcting/teaching? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
My concern should be the state of my relationship with God. Once I'm approved by God, I don't care what you, even if you are a pastor, think.

Not true Ope, if you're truly in Christ you would want them to see what you have seen, hear what you've heard undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
I am afraid that is not even it at all. Jesus Christ said two very important thinks aboyt judging people - He said judge not(according to the standards of men) but Judge righteously(God's righteous standard to us is Jesus Christ, His New Covenant). undecided

We are human beings, and we were all of us created as judgement-making machines, so yes, Judge all things but as Jesus Christ said, His followers are to do so using the Law that He represents. Unfortunately, so many so-called Christians including your Pastors and Mogs do not know this, and so anyone who places themselves under these blind teachers will only end up in the same ditch they do. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ayo081:
And what will happen to do disciples?

Each to their own without interacting, correcting/teaching? undecided
In the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ is the one and only Teacher, Counselor, Comforter, Guide, Lead/Master over those who belong to Him. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ayo081:
Not true Ope, if you're truly in Christ you would want them to see what you have seen, hear what you've heard undecided
You only job is to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - that is the only way to get them to see, and hear what you have seen and heard. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ is the one and only Teacher, Counselor, Comforter, Guide, Lead/Master over those who belong to Him. undecided

Absolutely! But didn't you recall that He never preached that we should forsake ourselves? undecided

Rather He encouraged us on how we should interact. undecided

So if I see a brother go against the teachings of {Matthew 20:25-28}, shouldn't I point him to what Christ said? undecided

And if he didn't know about the teaching, shouldn't I tell him about it? undecided

And if I tell him about it, isn't that teaching? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You only job is to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - that is the only way to get them to see, and hear what you have seen and heard. undecided

Are you a disciple? or do you ever consider yourself as one? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ayo081:

Absolutely! But didn't you recall that He never preached that we should forsake ourselves? undecided
Rather He encouraged us on how we should interact. undecided
So if I see a brother go against the teachings of {Matthew 20:25-28}, shouldn't I point him to what Christ said? undecided
And if he didn't know about the teaching, shouldn't I tell him about it? undecided
And if I tell him about it, isn't that teaching? undecided
Do you recall what Jesus Christ said of who your brother, sister and brother ought to be? He said they are those who live in submission to and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

So, when you go to "correct" a person who lives instead in submission to and obedience to the doctrines and traditions of a church(men) instead of the teachings of Jesus Christ, is that person a brother of yours? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ayo081:
Are you a disciple? or do you ever consider yourself as one? undecided
Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and His friends are those who do as He says. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

We're all a work in progress. The Holy Spirit will deal with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and His friends are those who do as He says. undecided

I was expecting a yes or no undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do you recall what Jesus Christ said of who your brother, sister and brother ought to be? He said they are those who live in submission to and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

So, when you go to "correct" a person who lives instead in submission to and obedience to the doctrines and traditions of a church(men) instead of the teachings of Jesus Christ, is that person a brother of yours? undecided

Maybe you didn't get me undecided

I used the term 'brother'. i.e. someone who has agreed to follow Christ but still lack some teachings undecided

Just like the early disciples, they didn't learn everything in a day. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Ayo081(m): 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
PastorM:

We're all a work in progress. The Holy Spirit will deal with them.

Someone said don't pray to God to lift the burden of someone or God should help them fix their worries. What if God is waiting for you to help the poor person.

PS: I typed this in your style. How you do the introduction of your videos grin

My question is what if God wants you to fix that person. Christ said teach them to obey and observe all that I have commanded. And not waiting for the holy spirit to fix them?

And what if the person doesn't see the next day? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ayo081:
Maybe you didn't get me undecided

I used the term 'brother'. i.e. someone who has agreed to follow Christ but still lack some teachings undecided

Just like the early disciples, they didn't learn everything in a day. undecided
A person who lives in submission to the doctrines and traditions of his church is not lacking in some teachings of Jesus Christ but is an enemy of Jesus Christ- one who does not do as Jesus Christ says, and so cannot be regarded as a brother, sister or mother to another living in submission to the teachings of Jesus Christ. undecided

Believers who are saved and themselves become disciples, do not need to be taught by other disciples because their one teacher is then Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone.

In much the same way, a disciple who is under Jesus Christ will not take it on Himself to teach another disciple of God and the things of God since he was commanded against doing any such by His Master and Teacher, Jesus Christ. undecided

In the case of issues between servants, Jesus Christ gave rules on how these should be handled. Other than those commands, there is no other reason why own disciple should turn around to teach other disciples when He is specifically sent to teach those who are not saved instead. undecided

A disciple who places himself as teacher over the others essentially declares himself greater than the Master and those who submit to such teaching also do so against the Master.
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ayo081:
I was expecting a yes or no undecided
I already explained the terms to be met. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ayo081:
My question is what if God wants you to fix that person. Christ said teach them to obey and observe all that I have commanded. And not waiting for the holy spirit to fix them?

And what if the person doesn't see the next day? undecided
It is never your job to find any person. undecided
Even those who we are called to teach the Gospel to, we are told to dust our sandals off,and move on, when we are rejected by them. undecided

Your job is to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, not go off according to your own rules expecting God to somehow back you up in your disobedience. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Opeyemiextra(f): 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
Imagine I go to church with my head uncovered and someone think that I don't really know God and places me in a 'sub standard' spiritual class.
Yes, I want them to see and know what I see and know with biblical backing but do they? You haven't really met some close minded Christians. Their way, which might not even be right, to them, is the only way.
Ayo081:

Re: How Do We Deal With Judgemental Christians by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did you use the word 'handle' in your OP, fish brain? undecided
And what if I didn't ,dumbskull

(1) (Reply)

Testimony Time!,blessing Time,drop Your Testimony Here / . / Mark Angel Making A Joke Out Of The Death Of Christ Is Not Funny.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.