Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,484 members, 7,958,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

Windows System Registry - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows System Registry (1177 Views)

WD External Hard Drive Not Readable On Mac And Windows System, Please Any Help? / Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator / Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Windows System Registry by forgiven(m): 5:52am On Feb 14, 2006
To the computer gurus in the house, please how do I get into my system registry? Or how can I view all the tasks that had been carried out on my system? I am trying to find out when and who entered a pareicular site with me system. I understand the system events are logged in the system registry. Please show me the way into the system registry.
Thanks and happy val
Re: Windows System Registry by Ynot(m): 1:13am On Feb 16, 2006
You can access System Registry Editor by clicking:  Start --> Run and type regedit. Now, messing around with the system registry is not a good thing if you don't know what you are doing. You can easily crash your computer by deleting a registry hive. But its easy once you get the hang of it.

By the way, system registry is a hierarchical database of information that defines exactly how your system works, including virtually every part of Windows and its applications. You cannot track/spy on someone using your computer to visit a site by merely looking in the reg editor. There are tools out there that does that.  If the computer is truly yours, and you have previledge access, grab a keylogger(let the user know that you're watching em grin). Or better still, get Cain and Abel. And before you go downloading all the keyloggers out there, remember, some of em will turn around and bite you in the a$$.
Re: Windows System Registry by Seun(m): 2:32am On Feb 16, 2006
I don't think you'll be able to find out who logged into a site with your system from the Windows registry. It's not as if Internet Explorer collects people's names before allowing them to browse the web!

(1) (Reply)

Wireless Keyboards / With Dis Amount / Acer Laptop. What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.