Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe (707 Views)

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / 300k Pay In Lagos Or Relocate For Masters In Poland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by tensorflow: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
Hi!

If you earn roughly 3m per month (IT) and work from home (a foreign company) while you live here in Lagos, would you consider relocating to North America or Europe?

Some cons of staying back
- SARS harasses the hell out of me
- I've never travelled (Scared of planes / New Places)
- Healthcare is a mess
- Security is by the grace of God (No one knows what I earn and I dress poorly but people seem to know say money day based on my demeanour)
- Naija is too hot
- Most Nigerian girls... (the less said the better)
- I pay Rent, Internet (almost 120k), fuel, unending car expenses but no value returned: Internet is slow, no light, nigerian artisans all want to scam you.
- Cannot give my future kids a foreign citizenship

Some Pros
- Earning in $ and spending in Naira is pretty great
- Food is cheap
- Girls are cheap if you flaunt (but I don't flaunt)
- We still have culture, your kids might not turn out as gays

Please help, what would you do?
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Liar!

2 Likes

Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by Hallenjay: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
SHARE the work with me
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by airexx: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mercychen:
Liar!
don't be myopic.
There are loads of people who earn much more better than that remotely.

No be everybody poverty wan finish like u

1 Like

Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by shawante(m): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
For just 1m a month I no go even komot from my street talkless of the country

1 Like

Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by Nozino: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
tensorflow:
Hi!

If you earn roughly 3m per month (IT) and work from home (a foreign company) while you live here in Lagos, would you consider relocating to North America or Europe?

Some cons of staying back
- SARS harasses the hell out of me
- I've never travelled (Scared of planes / New Places)
- Healthcare is a mess
- Security is by the grace of God (No one knows what I earn and I dress poorly but people seem to know say money day based on my demeanour)
- Naija is too hot
- Most Nigerian girls... (the less said the better)
- I pay Rent, Internet (almost 120k), fuel, unending car expenses but no value returned: Internet is slow, no light, nigerian artisans all want to scam you.
- Cannot give my future kids a foreign citizenship

Some Pros
- Earning in $ and spending in Naira is pretty great
- Food is cheap
- Girls are cheap if you flaunt (but I don't flaunt)
- We still have culture, your kids might not turn out as gay

Please help, what would you do?

There are gay people in Nigeria who have never left the Country . I hope you give birth to a gay child so you can kill him/her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by Joeboy88: 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
Naija sweet o....with that amount of money, i'll arrange a canadian xpress entry for my family, hustle & buy a house over there for them. My going to abroad is to go there on holidays, makes friends & come back. All my kids will be born in the states. I'll live & enjoy a free life man....but wishes ain't horses.

1 Like

Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by tensorflow: 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mercychen:
Liar!

I’m not. It’s just $4500 a month which is extremely cheap labour for a company in the US. I also have a $40k equity in the company too. My friends here in lag make $7 or $8k a month too. It’s just cheap labour since we are as good as the people in the US.

PS I’m an engineering manager

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by tensorflow: 11:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nozino:

There are gay people in Nigeria who have never left the Country . I hope you give birth to a gay child so you can kill him/her.

I’m not homophobic. If I have the choice, I would wish my kids were not gays and it’s is more probable in Naija (based on religion and culture) than the US for example. It’s just my wish and it shouldn’t be a bad thing.
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by tensorflow: 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Joeboy88:
Naija sweet o....with that amount of money, i'll arrange a canadian xpress entry for my family, hustle & buy a house over there for them. My going to abroad is to go there on holidays, makes friends & come back. All my kids will be born in the states. I'll live & enjoy a free life man....but wishes ain't horses.

Can you? With the same salary, you would be considered poor over there.
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by Nozino: 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
tensorflow:

I’m not homophobic. If I have the choice, I would wish my kids were not gays and it’s is more probable in Naija (based on religion and culture) than the US for example. It’s just my wish and it shouldn’t be a bad thing.

I’m going to try and educate you because it seems you genuinely don’t understand how sexuality works and because you didn’t Insult me.

Forget religion, there are a lot of gay people in Nigeria. Because of the stigma associated with homosexuality, gay people tend to hide there sexuality, most gay men in Nigeria get married to heterosexual women. I don’t need to tell you how unhappy this union will be.

You think homosexuality is common in the west because of visibility. Try going through the streets of Twitter and you’d understand that a sizable number of our population is queer but in hiding due to stigma, societal and family pressure and the anti gay law.

1 Like

Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by tensorflow: 2:07am On Nov 11, 2021
Nozino:

I’m going to try and educate you because it seems you genuinely don’t understand how sexuality works and because you didn’t Insult me.

Forget religion, there are a lot of gay people in Nigeria. Because of the stigma associated with homosexuality, gay people tend to hide there sexuality, most gay men in Nigeria get married to heterosexual women. I don’t need to tell you how unhappy this union will be.

You think homosexuality is common in the west because of visibility. Try going through the streets of Twitter and you’d understand that a sizable number of our population is queer but in hiding due to stigma, societal and family pressure and the anti gay law.

Ok noted. I wouldn't wanna derail the thread and I just need some advice especially from people that aren't emotionally invested in my decision. That way, they would think more rationally than me.
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 11, 2021
tensorflow:

I’m not. It’s just $4500 a month which is extremely cheap labour for a company in the US. I also have a $40k equity in the company too. My friends here in lag make $7 or $8k a month too. It’s just cheap labour since we are as good as the people in the US.

PS I’m an engineering manager

Ok, dear.
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by Nozino: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2021
tensorflow:

Ok noted. I wouldn't wanna derail the thread and I just need some advice especially from people that aren't emotionally invested in my decision. That way, they would think more rationally than me.

Noted. I’m sorry for derailing.
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by BCASH(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Before you think of residing here in Naija, remember that Obi Cubanna is not holding any Public office and yet he was squized for 3days, let's forget about his source of income.

Focus on his impact in the society.

Sunday Igboho start the agitation due to killing of Oyo State indigent by Fulani and Fulani Herdsmen were given monthly allowance, just of recent the self acclaim mediator said they were not given enough resources (food, money and shelter) that is why they are still doing their business (banditry and kidnapping).

All the public figure that is heading out parastatal have nationality in another country if yawa gaz.

Think twice before taking that decision
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by xxxXXXxxx: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Joeboy88:

You can do it! if you put your mind to it and put in the work. Nothing is impossible. You could even do better.
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by CyberHustle: 6:03am On Nov 12, 2021
It is a no-brainer for 99.9% of Nigerians.
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by airsaylongcome: 1:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Mercychen:
Liar!

No let lack of information kill you o. People dey earn that amount easy working for LNG as graduate trainee talk less of working for a foreign IT organisation as a Remote staff.

OP, that's a lot of money in Naija. The only reason I would consider traveling would be for my kids.

PS: Are you an independent contractor or a FTE?

Also, what ISP is charging ₦120k per month? What speeds are they offering? Is this for fixed or dynamic IP? Data capped?
Re: 2.5m A Month Or Relocate To Europe by CyberHustle: 4:54am On Nov 13, 2021
I suspect such claims are intended to highlight the weakness of the Naira.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Sue A Bank If Their ATM Fails To Dispense Cash To You. / I Need Help. Please Save Me. Don't Let Me Lose It All. / Attention! A Challenging And Professional Business Develpment Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.