Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? (1385 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
This year alone and amid the pandemic last year, a lot of Nigerians fled the country to better their lives in the West. Begs the question, is traveling abroad an achievement and does it mean that the person has made it? I mean if you look at all it takes to leave this country especially to Europe and the Americas. Can it be considered a success?

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by ednut1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
What do you hope to get from this topic Nothing. Let people do what they like

4 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
ednut1:
What do you hope to get from this topic Nothing. Let people do what they like
Of course they should do what they like. I intend to gather thoughts and opinion from the topic.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by UTMOST10(m): 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
I think the latter comes before the formal. whatsoever you achieved in any area of your life is termed Success.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Femi8586(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
OP it depends..
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by ednut1(m): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
UTMOST10:
I think the latter comes before the formal. whatsoever you achieved in any area of your life is termed Success.
it depends on the person or the reasons for travelling out. Some use it as a stepping stone, some use it to get second passport, some leave high paying jobs and go abroad for peace of mind. Like I said you can’t really determine

4 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by samwash(m): 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
@ Op, if you have lived in Europe or America which you can easily travelled from one state to another or from one countryside to another in terms of Europe in which it will not put hole in your pocket, it's like visiting your backyard & a can easily get jobs irrespective of your new location in any of your desired destination which you will be paidl in hours, then as an African when you contract & compare, you will kwn the right answer to the question you just ask.

4 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Kdon2: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
lacasera14:
This year alone and amid the pandemic last year, a lot of Nigerians fled the country to better their lives in the West. Begs the question, is traveling abroad an achievement and does it mean that the person has made it? I mean if you look at all it takes to leave this country especially to Europe and the Americas. Can it be considered a success?

It is, in Edo state o!
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Naijanascam: 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
It depends....
Leisure
Business
Medical
And
Hustling

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kdon2:

It is, in Edo state o!
Lol very true for Edo
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
samwash:
@ Op, if you have lived in Europe or America which you can easily travelled from one state to another or from one countryside to another in terms of Europe in which it will not put hole in your pocket, it's like visiting your backyard & a can easily get jobs irrespective of your new location in any of your desired destination which you will be paidl in hours, then as an African when you contract & compare, you will kwn the right answer to the question you just ask.
Asides from working for hourly rates with an Ecowas Passport you can travel halfway around West Africa and in Nigeria you can move from one state to another if you find a job in any one of them. I don't get the point in your contribution.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Kdon2: 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
lacasera14:
Lol very true for Edo

Na so my brother!
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Bifwoli: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2021
lacasera14:
Going abroad is a success in itself coz it broadens your mind,gives you whole new perspectives and enriches you culturally.

They say a kid who never leaves their house thinks its only his mother is a great cook.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by meobizy(f): 5:12am On Nov 11, 2021
It’s not a sign of success but an achievement. How many people do you know who travel on the regular? Not many. Average Nigerians go green with envy when they discover traveling out means nothing to me — a feat I’ve repeated five times in the past.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by meobizy(f): 5:15am On Nov 11, 2021
I mean if you look at all it takes to leave this country especially to Europe and the Americas.
Expand on this.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by meobizy(f): 5:18am On Nov 11, 2021
Bifwoli:
Going abroad is a success in itself coz it broadens your mind,gives you whole new perspectives and enriches you culturally.

They say a kid who never leaves their house thinks its only his mother is a great cook.
YouTube does the same nowadays. All I need is data and a list of travel videos. My world view expands while I get entertained.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by hammed71(m): 6:28am On Nov 11, 2021
meobizy:
YouTube does the same nowadays. All I need is data and a list of travel videos. My world view expands while I get entertained.
Good for you then.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 8:24am On Nov 11, 2021
meobizy:
Expand on this.
Cost of obtaining Visa, flight ticket, we looking at N3 million at least. To raise that kind of money you have to be earning at least 400k monthly and it'll take you 2 to 3 years to raise it. Or luck shines on you with a sponsor who requests for your arrival. In that case it's not an achievement. You got lucky.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2021
meobizy:
It’s not a sign of success but an achievement. How many people do you know who travel on the regular? Not many. Average Nigerians go green with envy when they discover traveling out means nothing to me — a feat I’ve repeated five times in the past.
Lol Please repeat it.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2021
meobizy:
Yeah right.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Originalsly: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2021
If going abroad was the goal .... the person does whatever it takes.... steal, beg and borrow ... and gets abroad.... then to him it is a success ... his aim has been achieved.... it is also an achievement. What he does abroad and his standard of living... better or worse doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by meobizy(f): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2021
lacasera14:
Cost of obtaining Visa, flight ticket, we looking at N3 million at least. To raise that kind of money you have to be earning at least 400k monthly and it'll take you 2 to 3 years to raise it. Or luck shines on you with a sponsor who requests for your arrival. In that case it's not an achievement. You got lucky.
A Dubai visa is about 150k the last time I checked and I believe a return ticket is cheaper than heading the European or American way. There’s no shame in spending a week there. I was planning on doing so before the mass layoff from the pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by AlphaStyles(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2021
For me its an achievement because of one thing FINANCE

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by BigDawsNet: 9:20am On Nov 11, 2021
lacasera14:

Traveling abroad is not a ticket to wealth, although things can really change for good...

Your success is kinda determin by the type of document you relocated with

I moved to Canada on PR
You moved to Canada on visit visa on purpose of overstaying...

These two are on different level...
I may quickly aquire good life
While it may take you a decade to start earning my first salary when I just arrived...

Travel and overstay with short visa and you may struggling to balance for years ...(tho we have exceptional cases)

Travel Legally abroad may turn your life around quickly...

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Originalsly:
If going abroad was the goal .... the person does whatever it takes.... steal, beg and borrow ... and gets abroad.... then to him it is a success ... his aim has been achieved.... it is also an achievement. What he does abroad and his standard of living... better or worse doesn't matter.
Okay I like this point.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by lacasera14(m): 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
meobizy:
A Dubai visa is about 150k the last time I checked and I believe a return ticket is cheaper than heading the European or American way. There’s no shame in spending a week there. I was planning on doing so before the mass layoff from the pandemic.
Oh okay that's cool.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Cousin9999: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Traveling is a part of education and personal development. Every person should not just travel, but live abroad.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad A Sign Of Success Or An Achievement? by Bifwoli: 1:50am On Nov 12, 2021
meobizy:
You know photos,movies & TV did the same decades ago before the invention of internet? Nothing ,and i mean nothing zero quite equals the experience of being in far flung places in person either visiting or living there.
So please THINK AGAIN.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get To Guyana Without Transit Visa / The New Nigerian Passport Can Take You To 44countries Without Visa. / Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.