Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip (1388 Views)

Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). / Dangote Truck Kills 10 On Abuja Road After Colliding With Bus (Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Along Minna-Abuja Road. Many Killed (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 5:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Which route and why?

Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Ajala kingreign come and navigate
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by bewla(m): 6:50am On Jul 18, 2017
ubi ack
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 7:19am On Jul 18, 2017
left at 6.21AM
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 7:20am On Jul 18, 2017
at Onitsha asaba bridge head
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2017
Using a 3.3L V6 powerplant
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by kingreign(m): 7:53am On Jul 18, 2017
AutoElectNG:
Which route and why?

Don't allow temptations of Auchi road to kill your joy, follow 9nth Miles, thru Obollo Affor, down to Ajaokuta.
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
I am in Abuja
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
AutoElectNG:
I am in Abuja

Is that how I taught you to narrate a story? angry

Oya go back and start again grin

1 Like

Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Is that how I taught you to narrate a story? angry

Oya go back and start again grin

story is coming....make I rest small
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 8:35am On Jul 19, 2017
starting odometer reading 161584
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 8:52am On Jul 19, 2017
Asaba Bridgehead

Spent thirty minutes here, resumed journey at 7.55am

Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 9:16am On Jul 19, 2017
I usually take the longer route i.e., the Benin bypass so I was 90% dependent on GPS for navigation and 5% dependent on my co-passenger
and another 5% on questioning bystanders while traversing this new route

My co-passenger overruled the GPS at the first major right turn

Instead of Issele-Uku we used Onicha-Ugbo

However next time I make the trip, I will take Government House Road

I wanted a full tank to take me into Abuja that's why I did not take the Enugu route

As a matter of fact if not for sprinting at 160 to 180 along Lokoja Abuja expressway I believe that I would not have had to top fuel in Kwali (I covered 300 miles [480km] with A/C before the reserve light came on)

Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2017
Trip route plot on Google Earth

Details of the trip later

Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 5:57am On Jul 20, 2017
It took me 1 hour and 6 minutes to get to the Asaba Head Bridge

I covered 35.6 miles during this stage of the journey

Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by Olisa4all: 6:04am On Jul 20, 2017
uncle,where are the pictures nau?
Isn't there any story to go along with this journey? cry
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 6:11am On Jul 20, 2017
I drove another 2 hours 38 minutes covering 67.6 miles before I was stopped by 2 hungry policemen who wanted their palms to be greased.

I lost over 30 minutes at that stop

Full details of the police stop in a subsequent bulletin

Team headed by on S*******

Despite my position that no cash must change hands, I had to part with cash in the end to ensure I could continue my journey but no where near what he had envisaged

This stop is next to a Ministry of Environment signpost - which I unfortunately did not capture, I thought I did

Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 6:18am On Jul 20, 2017
Until the above Police Stop, GPS indicated that I was going to be in Abuja around 2.30pm

After the stop, it changed to 3.30pm
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by kingreign(m): 6:36am On Jul 20, 2017
Unfollows thread.

No pictures, na only satelite generated maps and olopa motor dey.
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 7:10am On Jul 20, 2017
kingreign:
Unfollows thread.

No pictures, na only satelite generated maps and olopa motor dey.

I even have a video of a small portion of the journey... if MTN 4G had worked throughout, I would have recorded the entire trip, but when I tried to stream video from my phone it kept failing....
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by kingreign(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2017
In planet Pluto 2.0, we ain't watching vids we only came to see pinshures wink grin
AutoElectNG:

I even have a video of a small portion of the journey... if MTN 4G had worked throughout, I would have recorded the entire trip, but when I tried to stream video from my phone it kept failing....
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by thebigkendo(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2017
We want pinshures oh.. Not Olopa Pinshures
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2017
seems he even did not stop to buy palmwine cry
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 11:18am On Jul 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
seems he even did not stop to buy palmwine cry

Those policemen annoyed me so much that it spoilt my mood for the rest of the trip, maybe I should make them pay for their sins...I planned to take more pictures until my mood went south
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by Olisa4all: 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
AutoElectNG:

Those policemen annoyed me so much that it spoilt my mood for the rest of the trip, maybe I should make them pay for their sins...I planned to take more pictures until my mood went south

What did they do?
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by AutoElectNG: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
Olisa4all:

What did they do?

Tinted permit is said to be the old one

That since I don't have new one I should follow them to the station, I said no problem, or high court or magistrate court, I said no problem

Go now they are not willing to go

Instead I lost 35 minutes in the hope that they make a few thousand from me

They got offended that I tried to call PPCRU wondering why I did not beg and plead instead

Sadly the call failed to go through, its the thick of the forest, network barely registers, after we made peace by my apologizing under duress for trying to in their words call buhari, instead of face them man to man and plead,they said I cannot leave without spending at least 1,000 which I vehemently refused to part with, so in the end he settled for pure water money less than 200, and then I mistakenly canceled a record of the whole show instead of saving their show of shame
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by ndujife(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Uli land of hope. Uli centre - umuchima eziama umuoma ndialegi
E-money kcee Dr Abc Orjiako Barri mbadinauju hytel com. God bless my mother land.
Re: Uli, Anambra State To Central Business District, Abuja - Road Trip by Olisa4all: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
AutoElectNG:

Tinted permit is said to be the old one

That since I don't have new one I should follow them to the station, I said no problem, or high court or magistrate court, I said no problem

Go now they are not willing to go

Instead I lost 35 minutes in the hope that they make a few thousand from me

They got offended that I tried to call PPCRU wondering why I did not beg and plead instead

Sadly the call failed to go through, its the thick of the forest, network barely registers, after we made peace by my apologizing under duress for trying to in their words call buhari, instead of face them man to man and plead,they said I cannot leave without spending at least 1,000 which I vehemently refused to part with, so in the end he settled for pure water money less than 200, and then I mistakenly canceled a record of the whole show instead of saving their show of shame

Glad to know they're scared of PCRU though.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Morocco? Here Are Some Places To Visit.... / Pretty Lady Killed In Fatal Accident On Her Way To Orphanage Home. Photos / Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.