Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What's So Special About Getting Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Getting Married? (23143 Views)

Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Ketapu: 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?

It seems you are now ready to take the red pill.

Read the following books to start your journey.

1. The Manipulated Man

2. Anatomy of Female Power.

You can get them on www.b-ok.org

When you finish reading those books, you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by danny56: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
It's worth it if you find the right person

Its not possible for you to be the right person yourself and attract the wrong person in marriage. If you totally commit it to God(Jesus) he'll stop every wrong move of yours. I am a living testimony. Trust Jesus with everything!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Johel(m): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:
Honestly, I don't understand this. Is this an act of hypocriacy or what truth are they really hiding from us?
They claimed marriage is not important, not for everyone, that you can stay single and be having children outside wedlock, so long as you can take care of them. Yet, they go about talking you down as soon as you're of age and have no wife/husband.

A girlfriend of mine in her late thirties just declared she's getting married and everyone is sharing her up, sending her congratulatory messages as if she has not been existing.

Does marriage really worth that hyping or what's so special about it that civilization is hiding from us?

Nothing special...it's just for reproduction purposes

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Coldie(m): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
It helps to reduce spreading of std

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by gassbee: 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage is sweet if u meet the right person

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by wildikeman(m): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Loxleyy:
1. You get a companion...sha e get some wey na thugs.

2. Free Sex till you tire grin

No 2 is a lie o
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by MarketDispatch: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Someone said...God did not marry, Jesus Christ did not marry, devil did not marry...maybe there is something they are hiding from us.

6 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by CountVersailles(f): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:

Why do you guys write English like this nau? angry
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by danny56: 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dainy1:

As a man there are things about your life that will never be unveiled until you get married. Next to your pursuit in life after God is marriage. I am a witness on this. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by HBB1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
danny56:

As a man there are things about your life that will never be unveiled until you get married. Next to your pursuit in life after God is marriage. I am a witness on this. cool

Bullshit!

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Chinchung: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
It is normal to be married when u are single u feel abnormal

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by TuFab(f): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
wordapostle:
Peace
Companion
Access to good food
Healthy environment
Unconditional love
Public display of love

No need to marry then, because more than 85% of married people lack all of these and many more.
Mtcheeeew.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Zxcvbnm98: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
A lot of things on earth are metaphors for things that God wants us to feel to better understand Him. We experience hunger and thirst as indicators that our body is lacking something it needs to live (Bios) . And the Scripture uses these experiences to tell us how we should conversely fill our soul. That our soul is lacking things we need to live in Christ, (Zoe). For example, Matthew 5:6 says

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

In that same way, sexual urges, and the desire for marriage are also a metaphor. Marriage is a metaphor for God's covenant Love for us. A promise, that He will love us forever. The greatest expression of that Love was the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. But just because he's promised to love us doesn't mean it easy to keep our end of the covenant. It is hard. You will face temptations, trials, tribulations, and you have to make every effort you can to resist them and hold on to your steadfast love for God. In the same way that hunger and thirst are used as metaphors, marriage is a metaphor for this love. When you say your marital vows, you're essentially committing to your partner. Making a promise. And sex is the physical consummation of that promise.

So many times over the course of the marriage, you will face problems, and wonder if you can just end it. But when you remember God's unending Love, and how He's kept his promise through the Holy Spirit, you'll also put in the effort to make your earthly marriage successful.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by benzmatic: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Two heads are better than one; you get to have another point of view on issues.

You are regarded as responsible in the society, marriage has been the traditional way of our ancestors.

You can raise children in a psychologically healthy family environment; having a daddy and mummy. Children seem tough to raise but bring a lot of happiness and fulfilment when they grow to be well rounded adults contributing to their community, and showing gratitude to the parents.

Marriage is what you think it is, if it works out it can be fantastic, otherwise it could lead to regrets too.

At the end of the day, marriage is better than all its alternatives. Even if it fails, it is worth the try.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Abyounghammed(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
wordapostle:
Peace
Companion
Access to good food
Healthy environment
Unconditional love
Public display of love

Public love u say,
I know many married women and men that hide their marriage check those out celebrity for instance, even some will say dey prefer keeping there marriage life secret, then tell me where is the public display of love u mentioned
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Matthewdan(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mercychen:

Nothing like dwelling on the negative here. Its a normal phenomenon and thats only one aspect I just cited there, which most married people can attest to.

I like to say things the way they are. It's not negativity but reality., Onyen " negative".

As for my being single, it's a choice. And I won't join you and your lots to go into marriage just because others are going into it or without first calculating the cost,; only to get there and start wishing I never did.

You that is married, how far?
Are you any happier?
Uchu!

life is a phase.... Enjoy ur singleness while it last... But may God answer ur prayers for the lovely marriage life u desire and pray for in your silent prayers...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by EndRape2(f): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Not all married couples are not happy, so many are happy , pray for the right partner and marry ...

If you are a Christian you will understand that fornicayionis a sin and will take you to hell but in marriage you can enjoy that or have sex without going to hell

Also there is joy in taking care of your own children forget the stress , the kids make you happy, when you are down.

Marriage is sweet when you are with the right partner.

.quote author=Mercychen post=107540941]To me, nothing really special about marriage because I've moved closely with married people and all i see is stress, stress and more stress!

Imagine the daily routine of a woman. Especially those who are not working.

Wake up early ( when youre not ready)
Prep the children for school.
Prepare their food breakfast.
If hubby is nice, he'll help drop them off otherwise, you do the school runs.

You get home and start putting the house in order. And attend to other chores staring you in the face. Time is ticking

Get ready to prepare lunch.
Then before you know it, it's time to go pick the kids.
Come back, freshen them up.
Serve them
Attend to their home work.

The you get set for dinner so hubby can have something to eat when he gets home. Before you know it, the day is gone and you're fagged out. Same thing continues tomorrow and on and on until....

Imagine if you're a working Mom and now have to combine all these with work...

Now tell me what will make a single viewing all these want to get married?

Truth be told, that's another thing I calculate and i relax and continue enjoying my single life.

Many married women are not happy. They are silently crying!!!
Forget all that fake smile they wear when they come out. They are not happy

Even the men are not 100% fulfilled. Responsibility wan break their neck.

Let's tell ourselves the truth. Even if you're rich, it's still not that easy.

I've seen a rich couple who both drove madly to school at the same time to pick their ward and were reigning heavy curses at each other at the gate because they both argued earlier on who's going to pick the son. So it's like non of them wanted to come and it was already evening and the boy was still in school.

I guess they called the house and the nanny who was babysitting their twin babies then, told them the boy was not home.

Omor.. see the speed they drove into the school compound with. Wify packed one side, hubby parked the other way and they both jumped out of their cars rushing Into the school and abusing each other.

Wife : " You shouldn't have come" useless man" As she stormed into the classroom

Man: ori e ko pe. why did you come? You should have remained at work"

Hmmm... So much hype about marriage. Abegi!

[/quote]
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by RPG2020(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Not worth it
1.year problem inside house
2.years problem outside house elders will come and try to settle the issues
3.years problem inside the police station writing statement
4.years problem inside the court house fighting for divorce
5.year problem i know you heard this before. if you are not luck Rip will be the closing case grin

Marriage is a scam shocked

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Limassol(m): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oizee:
Different strokes for different folks, if there is anything that has ever made me feel totally happy is my marriage and family, wonderful kids and an amazing hubby, what more could I asked?

I don't know about men, but as a lady marriage earns you lots of respect, take it or leave it, marriage is no childs play for the irresponsible ones, that's why if you don't prepare yourself ready, u will come out of it within six months.
I see no negative reasons any woman can dwell on if u are married to the right man,
but one of the advantages of being single is your freedom to do as you like in ur life, cuz if u married u have to start viewing things from another angle of life entirely.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by rickyrex(m): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
He who finds a wife.... finds a good thing and shall obtain favour from God. Not he who finds a knife. There's a tiny line between knife and wife don't make that mistake of going for a wrong fellow else it will cost you bitterness. Love is sweet, marriage is sweet... The secret is understanding, care, fear of God and trust. Never you go for one you list for. Never you marry with condition let your desire be unconditional. There are thousands of good men and women ... You can't be a bad man and say you want a good woman, you can't be leaving a wayward lifestyle and you want to marry a nice and caring man. You must be ready for change, you must be ready to let go your selfish interest in order to be with another. Marriage is sweet I tell you. If you make the right choice. Marriage will shapen you, marriage will make you be more responsible, marriage will make you learn to manage, marriage will make you to understand stand that you are not alone in stuggle, marriage will preserve you from living a dirty lifestyle... Above all marriage will bring more blessings and comfort to you. Just make your choice be God's odained.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by 8stargeneral: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marriage is good when u marry d right person...hvn children is a blessing from God..ask ur self why did God later create eve...nowadays marriage makes it as if marriage is a bondage or there's no gain..its man's nature.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
For me it's just about the kids, nothing else

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by okebrain: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
I see your point, but don't get mad yet. Among so many things, marriage in a way shows to everyone that you're good enough to be considered as a companion (male or female as it applies). So get to work on yourself, pray to God and u 2 go marry. sad

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by danny56: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
HBB1:

Bullshit!

Ok
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by TheRedpillguy: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nothing special about marriage, it's a scam for Men. Don't worry about what ppl say, it's in their programming

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by durubennie(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Loxleyy:
1. You get a companion...sha e get some wey na thugs.

2. Free Sex till you tire grin

Children
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
olabrinks:
Babe

I feel like you are trying to consolidate yourself, which is fine. But the truth is that, married or not.. you will still encounter stress in your life. It’s something you can’t avoid. You will still have worries and sadness. The older you get especially as a woman, the less you will want to do it all on your own. It’s just in our nature. Most men of this generation are not going to sit back and allow you to do it all, contrary to what you read on social media. Most men help their wives, they just don’t come out to say it. When you have kids, taking care of them becomes like second nature. It becomes a part of you. Watching them grow is the happiest thing you will ever encounter in life, nothing can replace that feeling. I’m all for women choosing to stay single if that’s what YOU want to do. But what I find with a lot of single women, is that they try to comfort themselves with exaggerated lies, and it doesn’t make sense.

You're the one trying to console yourself in the cage youre silently regretting you got yourself trapped in. Unless you're not married and just trying to talk trash

Look, I'm talking from what Ive seen life and practical. And for your info, the stress a single will pass through is nothing compared to the stress a married woman passes through. I'm not even ready to begin to break it down for you cos you're obviously not married or if you're, you're just using this rants to mask your slavery. Mind you, Those who are truly married, know what I'm talking about and can relate. So keep consoling yourself and don't try to speak for everyone.

As for me, don't bother about me. I'll get married when I WILL and fully prepared for it. Not jump in because every Tom, dick and Harry is jumping into it.

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by odogwunaija(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
Absolutely nothing special about it bro.
Nothing special at all. How I wish marriage comes with expiry date

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by Limassol(m): 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
meobizy:
No it isn't.

Advantages;

1. Someone to raise children with.
2. A partner to aid you through life's struggles.
3. A partner to share your highs and lows.
4. A reason to keep existing. Add children to the mix and you will want to live into your late sixties/ early seventies.
5. Shared financial expenses. This is based on luck because many women will look to you for handling bills.
6. Satisfying hypocritical and nosy people's expectations of you. In our country marriage is the highest form of responsibility.
7. Continuing your lineage and culture through the children.

Disadvantages;

[/b] 1. A burden through life. Eventually most marriages devolve to this. [b\]
2. A reason to want to end life. A bad wife is a fate worse than death.
3. Finding out in the long run that matrimony and/or child raising is not for you.
4. Shame, constant shame, if your wife is a philanderer.

Shun what people say. If marriage is not in your plans there is no reason to jump into it. Make enough money to take care of future children and find someone willing to bear your seed. There is always a woman who likes you so much that she will.
Re: What's So Special About Getting Married? by TemmyT002(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
Do it first, then you will know.
Directionless question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Baby Drinks Beer But Refuses Milk (Video) / Couples Not Staying Together / Wife With No Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.