Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? (17843 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by The5DME(m): 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by InfernoNig: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Companionship and reproduction.

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Get married to start your own family

33 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by XXXXTENTACION: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
If not for sex and giving birth to children alot people would be single... cheesy

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Winnerly: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2021
The5DME:
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MufasaLion: 6:56am On Dec 13, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Lovebliss2(f): 8:29am On Dec 13, 2021
Love, Companionship, reproduction, raising your own family.

45 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
InfernoNig:

Wrong! You can have both without being married

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
XXXXTENTACION:
If not for sex and giving birth to children alot people would be single... cheesy

But you can have both without being married

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2023
Divoc19:

You can start a family without marriage

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2023
Lovebliss2:
Love, Companionship, reproduction, raising your own family.

You can have all these without marriage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
How? I wish I knew how, I wouldn't have even dared

PoliteActivist:

You can start a family without marriage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Nazgul: 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2023
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as nonsense is because sexual immorality is as easy as drinking water.

So to your question... reasons why I feel or want to get married are.

1. Companionship. There are times when you would want to talk to someone, just sit, talk and pour out what's bothering you to a listening ear. With the right spouse, you'll always enjoy geninue companionship, enjoy gossips together. Baby Mamas or olosho cannot give you this cos what you have with them is purely transactional.

2. It lowers your risks of contacting STDs. An older cousin of mind told me that for the past 12 years he's been married he has never been treated for any STD. If you're married to a faithful partner, and you're faithful to your partner as well, you would never suffer from STDs.

With Baby Mamas or oloshos your heart would always race wherever you develop any strange feeling or symptom after having sex with them. I've read countless topics here on Nairaland where the guy in question would tell us how the condom bursted and he wasn't aware and how he started seeing some rashes on his manhood. Such a person would never have peace of mind until after a medical test. A marriage to a good spouse eliminates all that.

3. You can plan together . I'll use my parents as an example. When my dad was building his house in the village, my mom contributed a great deal to it. Even the first car he bought which was a Jetta volkswagen, as I grew older I learnt that it was actually my mom who bought the car for him, because he had so much on his hands and didn't want to miss the car, and the funny thing was that my mom never mentioned it not even once, it was my dad who told me.

With the right spouse, you can achieve a lot together, you can build, set up businesses, invest together and support each other. Olosho or baby Mamas cannot give you this cos whatever business you setup for them is theirs and theirs alone. And wouldn't support you with a penny when things go south for you.

4. Raising your kids together . Raising kids alone is very tasking. I have a 4 year old nephew (he'll be 5 this year) who I try to use to see what parenting looks like. There was a time his mom (my cousin) came with him to spend the weekend in my place (Friday to Sunday), that was when I understood that it takes more than depositing your semen into a hole to raise kids.

From waking him up, to bathing the child, to actually spending ample time together with him talking and bonding...this isn't something a baby mama can do. It takes being married to the right person for you to achieve this.

5. Eating good food . This night I just came back from buying beans (elewa) and bread. Most times I feel very lazy to go into the kitchen, there are times I can stay up to 6 months without visiting my kitchen.

As a married man, your wife would spoil you with good food, not the junks you've been struggling with during your bachelor days. The first time I ate Nkwobi in my life, was in my uncle's house, and it was prepared by his wife. Imagine having a wife who can prepare all that, believe me, by 6pm you're home cos you'd be perceiving her food right from your office.

217 Likes 32 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
Divoc19:
How? I wish I knew how, I wouldn't have even dared

Not too late. We can start one right now. See how easy?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
For legal companionship and reproduction. Those that ll scatter here are coming

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by asdfjklhaha(f): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
Nazgul:
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as nonsense is because sexual immorality is as easy as drinking water.

So to your question... reasons why I feel or want to get married are.

1. Companionship. There are times when you would want to talk to someone, just sit, talk and pour out what's bothering you to a listening ear. With the right spouse, you'll always enjoy geninue companionship, enjoy gossips together. Baby Mamas or olosho cannot give you this cos what you have with them is purely transactional.

2. It lowers your risks of contacting STDs. An older cousin of mind told me that for the past 12 years he's been married he has never been treated for any STD. If you're married to a faithful partner, and you're faithful to your partner as well, you would never suffer from STDs.

With Baby Mamas or oloshos your heart would always race wherever you develop any strange feeling or symptom after having sex with them. I've read countless topics here on Nairaland where the guy in question would tell us how the condom bursted and he wasn't aware and how he started seeing some rashes on his manhood. Such a person would never have peace of mind until after a medical test. A marriage to a good spouse eliminates all that.

3. You can plan together . I'll use my parents as an example. When my dad was building his house in the village, my mom contributed a great deal to it. Even the first car he bought which was a Jetta volkswagen, as I grew older I learnt that it was actually my mom who bought the car for him, because he had so much on his hands and didn't want to miss the car, and the funny thing was that my mom never mentioned it not even once, it was my dad who told me.

With the right spouse, you can achieve a lot together, you can build, set up businesses, invest together and support each other. Olosho or baby Mamas cannot give you this cos whatever business you setup for them is theirs and theirs alone. And wouldn't support you with a penny when things go south for you.

4. Raising your kids together . Raising kids alone is very tasking. I have a 4 year old nephew (he'll be 5 this year) who I try to use to see what parenting looks like. There was a time his mom (my cousin) came with him to spend the weekend in my place (Friday to Sunday), that was when I understood that it takes more than depositing your semen into a hole to raise kids.

From waking him up, to bathing the child, to actually spending ample time together with him talking and bonding...this isn't something a baby mama can do. It takes being married to the right person for you to achieve this.

5. Eating good food . This night I just came back from buying beans (elewa) and bread. Most times I feel very lazy to go into the kitchen, there are times I can stay up to 6 months without visiting my kitchen.

As a married man, your wife would spoil you with good food, not the junks you've been struggling with during your bachelor days. The first time I ate Nkwobi in my life, was in my uncle's house, and it was prepared by his wife. Imagine having a wife who can prepare all that, believe me, by 6pm you're home cos you'd be perceiving her food right from your office.
Well said, I wish I could like this post more than once, most Nairaland guys are just kids who hav very little knowledge about what marriage is all about.

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by faceLAGOS: 1:13am On Jan 08, 2023
Maybe because of unfettered access to pucci.

Cooking

And procreation.

Maybe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by 2ndchildhood(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Wrong! You can have both without being married
He hasn't heard of Cristiano Ronaldo..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by 2ndchildhood(m): 8:27am On Jan 08, 2023
InfernoNig:
He's single and still has it all

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 9:38am On Jan 08, 2023
Nazgul:
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as

Only a single person can be this authoritative about marriage being wonderful. (See quote below).
A married man can only write this if his wife is reading while he writes grin

Marriage CAN be a good thing (never wonderful) with the right person, but even then it is still dampened by the fact you are trading your freedom and private space for it!

16 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Guderian(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2023
Divoc19:

Is that all?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
It's enough for some. Yeah!
Guderian:

Is that all?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
Start with what?
PoliteActivist:

Not too late. We can start one right now. See how easy?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:02am On Jan 09, 2023
Divoc19:
Start with what?

Start with you and me. If you are willing, I am willing.
What has marriage to do with it?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 3:11am On Jan 09, 2023
Na wa!
So, we create our own thread here on Nairaland na. As the husband you go ahead and create our thread. Quote me, I will come and comment, you know most of we ladies like to take our time before we show up grin

PoliteActivist:

Start with you and me. If you are willing, I am willing.
What has marriage to do with it?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 3:16am On Jan 09, 2023
God bless you for this
2ndchildhood:
He's single and still has it all

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:17am On Jan 09, 2023
Divoc19:
Na wa!
So, we create our own thread here on Nairaland na. As the husband you go ahead and create our thread. Quote me, I will come and comment, you know most of we ladies like to take our time before we show up grin

Not a bad idea at all grin. But I don't like creating threads. Let's just use my existing thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7421487/abroad-guys-relocate-back-nigeria
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 3:23am On Jan 09, 2023
We are starting our new life in a clean slate. We can't use this
Be the man and create our own home for us to settle in.
At the bolded it's now you and me. Do this for us

PoliteActivist:

Not a bad idea at all grin. But I don't like creating threads. Let's just use my existing thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7421487/abroad-guys-relocate-back-nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:30am On Jan 09, 2023
Divoc19:
We are starting our new life in a clean slate. We can't use this
Be the man and create our own home for us to settle in.
At the bolded it's now you and me. Do this for us

Let's use this your thread. It has no posts at all.
I like your video. You are craaaazy grin

https://youtube.com/shorts/sJtXVVhMIoY?feature=share
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 3:33am On Jan 09, 2023
Hmmm...
Subscribe

PoliteActivist:

Let's use this your thread. It has no posts at all.
I like your video. You are craaaazy grin

https://youtube.com/shorts/sJtXVVhMIoY?feature=share
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:37am On Jan 09, 2023
Divoc19:
Hmmm...
Subscribe

Just did. But you only have one video cheesy
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:40am On Jan 09, 2023
Divoc19:
Hmmm...
Subscribe

Ok, you have 3 videos. Three! cheesy

I'll watch them later and grade you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday / 2 Kids From Same Family Kidnapped At Their School In Anambra / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.