Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents (53825 Views)

(PHOTOS) Top 3 Most Beautiful Zee World Actresses Of All Time / Nine Prominent Yoruba Actors, Actresses Who Are Non-yoruba / 19 American Actors And How Age has Affected Them(law OF LIFE) PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Uchasa(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
xrenzy:
Hugo weaven in matrix

Hugo Weaven is a British man who was born in Nigeria
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by wallrichy: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Lol, see this idiot abusing Yoruba and still using Yoruba words in his terrible rants. Were Lomo Nna Yi Ke o.....Hope everybody can see it that there is nothing you can do without the Yorubas in this country called Nigeria. You either hate or like that tribe but they are still the leader among the tribes, first among equals. Nna men, just accept the fact that when somebody pass you, nothing you can do than to go sleep or kill yasef, Yoruba pass your tribe...just accept it and give your miserable live some peace. Ndo...Daalu

Kaykaydavid1919:
Yoruba useless tribe they can betray anybody even there self. Look at dat idiot man Oju yobo Opolo eyes called tinubu. From bastard party APshit useless thief thief party. Oga Ode Mr Mumu self won contest for President come 2023 when his useless senseless King of cow will leave. Tinubu will be president in 2099. Idiot useless man. He went to brought in dead useless man for us. Took us backward. Werey party.

1 Like

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Donmobi(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
wallrichy:
Even though I am not Yoruba by birth, I simply love that tribe.....I love their personalities, their peaceful demeanor always, the intelligent, the accommodative disposition, the lovely language and the facts that they ain't limited to Nigeria, Africa alone but in North America, South America, Central America and not as a migrant but as an indigenes of that such countries. I also discovered that most Yorubas that were carried away as slaves in the 14 to 16th century kept their cultures so well and now it's making a prominent of their ancestry and already accepted and integrated into the mainstream of those countries indigenous people such Brazil, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Trinidad, Saint Lucia, Benin, Togo, Brazil, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, to name a few. Omg! The Yorubas are indigenous to all these countries. The only tribe that's not limited to their ancestral land of South West of Nigeria, West Africa but transcend to the other continents.....I hail o You Yorubas all over, I am one of you guys also but adopted Yorubas....Awa Lagba, Gidigidi.....Ese...Modupe..

@
I disagree with u on Haiti, Jamaica and a few.
Igbos r more dominant dere
But yeah they r a great tribe

1 Like

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by wallrichy: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Na their ways, soon they will claim Buhari, Patanmi, Malami and Sunday Igboho. Remember they claimed Jonathan too, also claimed Okonjo Nwela but will disown the king of looting Orji Kalu......

LILTJAY:
igbo man claiming edo girl lol
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Donmobi(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
wallrichy:
Na their ways, soon they will claim Buhari, Patanmi, Malami and Sunday Igboho. Remember they claimed Jonathan too, also claimed Okonjo Nwela but will disown the king of looting Orji Kalu......

And Ngozi is which tribe men ?

1 Like

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by wallrichy: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
I guess You are right....Igbos are dominants in Haiti and Jamaica....how I wish we can all appreciate ourselves instead of bad mouthing one another always....am talking to southern Nigerians and not Fulanis empire of Hausas Slavery....How lovely it would be to have a country call Federal States Of Southern Nigeria.

Donmobi:

I disagree with u on Haiti, Jamaica and a few.
Igbos r more dominant dere
But yeah they r a great tribe
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Guzx: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Really
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by shigishege: 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
Donmobi:

I don't know much....
But I remember chiwetei ejiofor in marvel Dr.Strange
And also megalyn ebubennem in dc's arrowverse
She acted as vixen
Modu was in game of thrones
And Cynthia got plans with ariana grande
that means it's only three people you guys get, so why are you lying before
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by mordred44: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Wot of adewale akinnuoye
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Streetdreamx(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
U forgot to include akim akinnoyo-agbaje
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Donmobi(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
shigishege:
I did say I knew a few movies..
Stop d hating and just admire man
By d way....
Cynthia Erivo is on her way to EGOT
It just remains an Oscar..
And dere r also rumours dat Wesley snipes(blade) is igbo.
I respect u guys so....
Just respect.
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Anieke77(m): 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
johnmartus:
Meanwhile you can't see igbo here because this people started travelling in early 80s...there's this propaganda among them the most traveled tribe in Nigeria.
tribalistic bigot
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Yoighaman(m): 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Why didn't they mention 'POWER' for Rotimi, correct dude 'killed' his role in that series.
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Okhuadams(m): 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by AuroraB(f): 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Dikaveli(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
johnmartus:
Meanwhile you can't see igbo here because this people started travelling in early 80s...there's this propaganda among them the most traveled tribe in Nigeria.

Hahahahaha this yoruba people can't live without mentioning igbos

Only chiwetelu ejiofor murdered every single person here
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Dikaveli(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
Firstlieutenant:

1, Forest Whitaker
2, Ashely Maduekwe
3, TD Jakes
4, Nnamdi Asomugha
5, Uzo Aduba
6, Tini Tempah
7, Carolina Chikezie
8, Nonso Anozie
9, Tracy Ifeachor
10, Chike C. Nwoffiah
11, Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo i
12, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri
13, Uzo Aduba
14, Nnamdi Asomugha
15, Chukwu octuplets
16, Ike Diogu
17, Megalyn Echikunwoke
I8, IK Enemkpali
19, Okwui Enwezor
20. Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze
21,Fat Tony (rapper)
22. Godfrey (comedian)
23, Havoc (musician)
24, Alex Okosi
25, Chioma Igwe
26, Uzodinma Iweala
27, Bobby Iwuchukwu
28, Lemar Obika
29, Jesse Iwuji
30, Jidenna
31, Julie Iromuanya
32, Obi Melifonwu
33, Cristian Morton
34, Nnamdi Moweta
35, Chinedum Ndukwe
36, Ikechuku Ndukwe
37Anthony Njokuani
38, Ogonna Nnamani
39 David Nwaba
40, Uzoma Nwachukwu
41, Ike Nwamu
42, Uche Nwaneri
43. Amarachi Nwosu
44, Mendi & Keith Obadike
45Leslye Obiora
46. Cyril Obiozor
47, Chris Ogbonnaya
48, Cedric Ogbuehi
49, Chiney Ogwumike
50, Nneka Ogwumike
51, KC Ohaebosim
52, Alex Okafor
53, Emeka Okafor
54, Jahlil Okafor
55, Joe Okafor
56. Chike Okeafor
57, Nnedi Okorafor
58, Bennett Okotcha
59, Amobi Okoye
60, Bennet Omalu
61, Holmes Onwukaife
62, Tochi Onyebuchi
63, Oguchi Onyewu
64, Brian Orakpo
65, Yvonne Orji
66, Kelechi Osemele
67, Cheta Ozougwu
68, Sonny Digital
69, Chioma Ubogagu
70, Valerian Ume-Ezeoke
71, Michael Uzowuru
72, Tyler, the creator
73, John Amaechi
74, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri
75, Uzoamaka Nwanneka,
76, Annette Ngozi "Annie" Ilonzeh
77, Daniel Lebern Glover
78, Blair Erwin Underwood
79, Ebubennem Megaly

Make I add more?

You get time oooo only chiwetelu ejiofor murdered every afonja in hollywood world
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by FantasyHub: 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
wallrichy:
I guess You are right....Igbos are dominants in Haiti and Jamaica....how I wish we can all appreciate ourselves instead of bad mouthing one another always....am talking to southern Nigerians and not Fulanis empire of Hausas Slavery....How lovely it would be to have a country call Federal States Of Southern Nigeria.

I stopped wishing way back after NYSC.

Meanwhile let them continue displaying their stupidity in d form of religious and ethnic bigotry.

Do u know nigerians discriminate against each other even in their religious gatherings? It's that bad.

These r d same people that will call whites all manner of names when they hear of racial discrimination against blacks.

1 Like

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by khia: 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Firstlieutenant:

1, Forest Whitaker
2, Ashely Maduekwe
3, TD Jakes
4, Nnamdi Asomugha
5, Uzo Aduba
6, Tini Tempah
7, Carolina Chikezie
8, Nonso Anozie
9, Tracy Ifeachor
10, Chike C. Nwoffiah
11, Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo i
12, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri
13, Uzo Aduba
14, Nnamdi Asomugha
15, Chukwu octuplets
16, Ike Diogu
17, Megalyn Echikunwoke
I8, IK Enemkpali
19, Okwui Enwezor
20. Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze
21,Fat Tony (rapper)
22. Godfrey (comedian)
23, Havoc (musician)
24, Alex Okosi
25, Chioma Igwe
26, Uzodinma Iweala
27, Bobby Iwuchukwu
28, Lemar Obika
29, Jesse Iwuji
30, Jidenna
31, Julie Iromuanya
32, Obi Melifonwu
33, Cristian Morton
34, Nnamdi Moweta
35, Chinedum Ndukwe
36, Ikechuku Ndukwe
37Anthony Njokuani
38, Ogonna Nnamani
39 David Nwaba
40, Uzoma Nwachukwu
41, Ike Nwamu
42, Uche Nwaneri
43. Amarachi Nwosu
44, Mendi & Keith Obadike
45Leslye Obiora
46. Cyril Obiozor
47, Chris Ogbonnaya
48, Cedric Ogbuehi
49, Chiney Ogwumike
50, Nneka Ogwumike
51, KC Ohaebosim
52, Alex Okafor
53, Emeka Okafor
54, Jahlil Okafor
55, Joe Okafor
56. Chike Okeafor
57, Nnedi Okorafor
58, Bennett Okotcha
59, Amobi Okoye
60, Bennet Omalu
61, Holmes Onwukaife
62, Tochi Onyebuchi
63, Oguchi Onyewu
64, Brian Orakpo
65, Yvonne Orji
66, Kelechi Osemele
67, Cheta Ozougwu
68, Sonny Digital
69, Chioma Ubogagu
70, Valerian Ume-Ezeoke
71, Michael Uzowuru
72, Tyler, the creator
73, John Amaechi
74, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri
75, Uzoamaka Nwanneka,
76, Annette Ngozi "Annie" Ilonzeh
77, Daniel Lebern Glover
78, Blair Erwin Underwood
79, Ebubennem Megaly

Make I add more?

Most of the listed are Africans living in America.

1 Like

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by splendournoni: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nigerians by name... trust these guys would never come and settle in a shit hole country like Nigeria... the world has gone far.... we are still crawling
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by bahdpersona(m): 12:12am On Nov 13, 2021
temitope27:
And also JOHN BOYEGA
he's not an American, he's UK actor from Peckham

1 Like

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Uchasa(m): 1:06am On Nov 13, 2021
shigishege:

LIST OF SOME IGBOS I KNOW IN HOLLYWOOD(THERE ARE STILL MORE)

*Cynthia Chinasaokwu Erivo
*Megalyn Ebubennem Echikunwoke
*Tracy Ifeachor
*Uzoamaka Aduba
*Yvonne Orji
*Ego Nwodim
*Carmen Ejogo
*Steven Cole
*Enuka Okuma
*Godfrey Danchimah
*Sonni Chidiebere
*Chiwetel Ejiofor
*Nonso Anozie
*Ashley Madekwe
*Joey Akubueze
*Greta Onieogou
*DeObia Oparei
*Ify Nwadiwe
*Chibuikem Uche
*Osi Okerafor
*Obi Abili
*Ngozi Paul
*Susan Nwokedi
*Chinonye Chukwu
*Chukuma Modu
*Chike Okonkwo
*Caroline Chikezie
*Chris Obi
*Sophie Okonedo
*Annette Ngozi ilonzeh
*Phina Oruche
*Kerry Washington-Asomugha

UPCOMING ONES
*Ken Nwosu
*Alexis Chikaeze
*Uzoamaka Ojukwu

If you actually believe that the Igbo tribe with one of the largest African presence in the United States will have only three Hollywood actors, then you need a medical checkup. This list is just the one I know; there are still maaany Igbos in Hollywood....Anything that is domiciled in the United States, expect to see Igbos en masse.
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by chiedu7: 3:52am On Nov 13, 2021
jimyjames:

No Igbo's in Hollywood? Lol grin
Where you think Chiwetel Ejiofor is from?
And he is the biggest Nija star

Mleeperbother:
No A-list actors?
Adewale agbaje
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by afrokid(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2021
wman:
Nonsense thread. He didn't put good pictures and he forgot many of them.

Off the top of my head:

David Oyelowo
John Boyega
Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje
Rotimi
Hakeem Kae Kazeem
Adetomiwa Edun
OT Fagbenle
Richard Olaoye
Yetide Badaki

And so many others.

Meanwhile I deliver PC games all over Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

The thread is mentioning American actors of Yoruba descent, more than half of the names you mentioned are British actors of Yoruba descent.
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Donmobi(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2021
Uchasa:

*Tracy Ifeachor
*Uzoamaka Aduba
*Yvonne Orji
*Ego Nwodim
*Carmen Ejogo
*Steven Cole
*Enuka Okuma
*Godfrey Danchimah
*Sonni Chidiebere
*Chiwetel Ejiofor
*Nonso Anozie
*Ashley Madekwe
*Joey Akubueze
*Greta Onieogou
*DeObia Oparei
*Ify Nwadiwe
*Chibuikem Uche
*Osi Okerafor
*Obi Abili
*Ngozi Paul
*Susan Nwokedi
*Chinonye Chukwu
*Chukuma Modu
*Chike Okonkwo
*Caroline Chikezie
*Chris Obi
*Sophie Okonedo
*Annette Ngozi ilonzeh
*Phina Oruche

UPCOMING ONES
*Ken Nwosu
*Alexis Chikaeze
*Uzoamaka Ojukwu

If you actually believe that the Igbo tribe with one of the largest African presence in the United States will have only three Hollywood actors, then you need a medical checkup. This list is just the one I know; there are still maaany Igbos in Hollywood....Anything that is domiciled in the United States, expect to see Igbos en masse.
Ah I remember Tracy...

She was in The Originals ��

1 Like

Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by shigishege: 9:56am On Nov 13, 2021
Uchasa:

*Tracy Ifeachor
*Uzoamaka Aduba
*Yvonne Orji
*Ego Nwodim
*Carmen Ejogo
*Steven Cole
*Enuka Okuma
*Godfrey Danchimah
*Sonni Chidiebere
*Chiwetel Ejiofor
*Nonso Anozie
*Ashley Madekwe
*Joey Akubueze
*Greta Onieogou
*DeObia Oparei
*Ify Nwadiwe
*Chibuikem Uche
*Osi Okerafor
*Obi Abili
*Ngozi Paul
*Susan Nwokedi
*Chinonye Chukwu
*Chukuma Modu
*Chike Okonkwo
*Caroline Chikezie
*Chris Obi
*Sophie Okonedo
*Annette Ngozi ilonzeh
*Phina Oruche

UPCOMING ONES
*Ken Nwosu
*Alexis Chikaeze
*Uzoamaka Ojukwu

So no single title of film they acted, the best you can do is to go and list a random names for us right?? And I now that because someone talked about Yoruba good people now, that has given you guys unnecessary homeworks, no rest for you again, your next assignments now is to go and be searching internet like a mad man looking for Igbo next rated actors without one movie title.

Stop being too jealous whenever other tribes are metioned doing good. No one said your tribe men don't live overseas, everyone has one or two things doing over there. Every tribe is good. Hausa/Fulani has good people over there, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Benin, Calabas, Benue, Akwa Iboms, Yorubas, Igbos etc, Nigeria is doing good. But the problem of superiority mindsets is very synonymous to you guys trying to claim or prove it's only your igbo tribe that's good in everything.
You can do better by just reading, applauding without bringing your people into it but you won't. SMH
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by shigishege: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2021
Donmobi:

Ah I remember Tracy...

She was in The Originals ��
Why not TRACE. She was in FAKE not Originals.
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by shigishege: 10:05am On Nov 13, 2021
Dikaveli:

You get time oooo only chiwetelu ejiofor murdered every afonja in hollywood world
But did the OP said yamirin are not doing well?? Why are you guys so bad and hateful like this?? It's high time you people stop being too wicked and face front in addressing how to create a good name for yourself in the minds of every other tribes instead of always engaging in irrelevant issues on nairaland.
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by Donmobi(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2021
shigishege:
Why not TRACE. She was in FAKE not Originals.
Not funny
Try again..
Respect bro....just respect
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by shigishege: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2021
Donmobi:

Not funny
Try again..
Respect bro....just respect
who is
trying beingg funny with you
Re: 8 American Actors, Actresses Of Yoruba Descents by shigishege: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2021
Uchasa:

I am not Igbo, but this is the most ignorant comment I've seen in years. Are you even aware that there are over 50 Igbos in hollywood?
you are denying your tribe?? Why!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Law Shows His House Interior, As He Shares New Photos Of His Daughter / Butt Surgery: Cossy Orjiakor To Empower 2 Fans Over Success Of Her Operation / Lil Kesh Reacts: 'I Make More Than That Headies SUV In 2 Weeks'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.