Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,655 members, 7,820,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will (1500 Views)

God Cannot Give You Anything Anymore, He Already Gave You Everything / LADIES, The Reason God Gave You Beauty And A Good Body Is To Win Souls. / God Owns Your Breath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will by PastorAde: 9:03am On Jun 07, 2011
[center]GOD OWNS EVERYTHING AND HE GAVE YOU A WILL[/center]

The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof (all it contains); the world and they that dwell therein (Psalm 24: 1, emphasis added).

And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if You be willing, remove this cup from Me, nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done (Luke 22: 41-42, emphasis added).

Everything in this world belongs to God. He owns everything. As a matter of fact, the word “Lord” in the first passage above means OWNER. So we can rephrase Psalm 24:1 thus: “The earth is the Owner’s and all it contains; the world and they that dwell in it”, emphasis added. Come to think of it. God owns everything in this world. Nothing belongs to the devil. The devil himself was created by God. His original name was Lucifer. He is a fallen angel. And God created all angels. As human beings also, we don’t own anything. We are just stewards of God’s possessions on earth. Look at your entire body. Did you create anything thereof? No. God created the human body and put His own breath in our nostrils. So your breath and entire body is God’s property. You are just the manager. What about earth resources? All belong to God! The above passage says it all. What about your children and wealth? They all belong to God! When a wealthy man dies, does he take his wealth with him to the grave? No, he takes nothing. He leaves all behind for other generations.

God created the first Adam and gave him dominion over all the earth and its resources. But God also gave him his own free will. Adam was a free moral agent – so are we his off springs. God commanded him saying: “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die” (Gen. 2:16-17, emphasis added).
Adam, being a free moral agent, however disobeyed the above commandment and ate of the forbidden fruit through the deception of satan. He therefore fell and was driven out of the Garden of Eden. Like Adam, you and I also have a free will in this world. We are the ones that will determine whether we obey God or not. Our obedience to God and His words or His gospel of the Kingdom of heaven will determine our eternity. Since we really don’t own anything but have a will, we should align our wills with God’s own good will. The second Adam – Jesus Christ – as He was about to die for you and me, yielded His own will to God’s and prayed to God: “nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done”. He was faced with the agony of laying down His life for us all – irrespective of race, color, gender or religion. He did not shrink back. He gave up His own will for God’s. He died and shed His blood for us all to take away our sins. The Lamb of God took away the sins of the whole world once and for all; so that as many as believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. No other animal sacrifice is needed to take away our sins. Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb on the cross for us all. Will you be saved? Will you be redeemed? Will you surrender your will To God? If yes, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel 08033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will by Pukkah: 9:21am On Jun 07, 2011
Who owns the Will? Is it God? If no, does it mean there are some things he does not own? If yes, who's in charge of exercising the Will?
Re: God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Consider this, an armed robber accosts you and demands to have your money. She says that you have a choice to obey or disobey her but if you disobey her, she kills you. That's how I liken the free will argument. Compelling someone to obey by threatening to kill the person if the person does otherwise is not freewill. God by giving Adam free will was essentially telling him he had a choice to disobey his command of not eating from the tree of knowledge and evil; but adding the proviso that if Adam disobeyed, he would die changed the dynamic from free will to coercion.
Re: God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will by seyibrown(f): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
phxc:

Consider this, an armed robber accosts you and demands to have your money. She says that you have a choice to obey or disobey her but if you disobey her, she kills you. That's how I liken the free will argument. Compelling someone to obey by threatening to kill the person if the person does otherwise is not freewill. God by giving Adam free will was essentially telling him he had a choice to disobey his command of not eating from the tree of knowledge and evil; but adding the proviso that if Adam disobeyed, he would die changed the dynamic from free will to coercion.

^^^^^  The consequences of possible disobedience was explained to him by HIS MAKER! In your above scenario, the robber does not own the air the victim breathes! . . . . and Adam still exercised his freewill, didn't he? God commands that we love our neighbour, yet people still go about murdering, rap+ing and robbing others! They are exercising their freewill knowing fully well that there will be consequences - good or bad - for whatever they do. You will not throw a party for someone kills your child but you could for someone who saves your child's life! The reward for obedience (doing good) and disobedience (doing bad) are not the same, and we have the CHOICE to choose whether we OBEY AND LIVE (get rewarded) or DISOBEY AND DIE (get punished)!
Re: God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will by Pukkah: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2011
seyibrown:

^^^^^  The consequences of possible disobedience was explained to him by HIS MAKER! In your above scenario, the robber does not own the air the victim breathes! . . . . and Adam still exercised his freewill, didn't he? God commands that we love our neighbour, yet people still go about murdering, rap+ing and robbing others! They are exercising their freewill knowing fully well that there will be consequences - good or bad - for whatever they do. You will not throw a party for someone kills your child but you could for someone who saves your child's life! The reward for obedience (doing good) and disobedience (doing bad) are not the same, and we have the CHOICE to choose whether we OBEY AND LIVE (get rewarded) or DISOBEY AND DIE (get punished)!

@Seyibrown, does it mean that God is not in control of our choice? Is He not in control of everything? Is the way the world has turned out not according to His Master Plan?

(1) (Reply)

Christian: How Do I Hear From Heaven? / nairaland[Why Can't A Christian Not Leave Muslims Alone &Vice Versa / Whats The Interpretation Of Making Phone Calls In A Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.