Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,600 members, 7,851,040 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada (9971 Views)

My New Year Visit To Osun-osogbo Sacred Grove / See What Happened When I Moved To My New Environment (pics) / My New Lagos - Ibadan Train Trip To Abeokuta (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by Ibechris2: 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
uchaymart:
OP $15 per hour as salary suppose motivate you oo. Malo go oo. Naija don stiff oo. Things hard die

$15 * 12= $180 per day shocked

$180 * 20days=$3,600
$3,600 * #530===#1,908,000 shocked

His bills would be paid in naira shey...I usually pity these guys in foreign countries.
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by uchaymart(m): 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ibechris2:

His bills would be paid in naira shey...I usually pity these guys in foreign countries.

I made the calculation simple. She would never spend more than $2000k in a month for bills. So what are you saying
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by Ibechris2: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2022
uchaymart:

I made the calculation simple. She would never spend more than $2000k in a month for bills. So what are you saying

When u travel abroad...u will know that many of u here are enjoying.

U sit down to calculate for someone as if u live there.

2 Likes

Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by uchaymart(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ibechris2:

When u travel abroad...u will know that many of u here are enjoying.

U sit down to calculate for someone as if u live there.

Man, she would never spend more than that in Canada on bills...$2000k-$2500k
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by ednut1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
uchaymart:

you wont get more than 2000 to 2300 from those hustle jobs, na 500 to 800 you go fit save. once you work over 40 hours a week its qualifies for overtime, so the companies control it. usually you will work only 4 days in a week and some overtime once in a while
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by BoldConcepts(m): 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
Go to job site Available
LinkedIn, Glassdoor, indeed etc submit and lucky you
Mixedfruit:
please nairalandars who can help sponsor my trip to Canada,
I've got my international passport ready and my flight ticket fair ready,but don't just know how to go about the visa.....
I need a God sent in my life and I promise to pay you back all your expenses ×10 when I start working.......Invest in me please i promise never to disappoint.
Thanks
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by uchaymart(m): 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
ednut1:
you wont get more than 2000 to 2300 from those hustle jobs, na 500 to 800 you go fit save. once you work over 40 hours a week its qualifies for overtime, so the companies control it. usually you will work only 4 days in a week and some overtime once in a while

I was checking everything with the information OP provided which says "she works 12hours a day".
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by internationalman(m): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
ednut1:

Even you trying to correct someone is dead wrong as well. A lot of misinformation here.

The other one said most people are enjoying in Nigeria when compared to people who live abroad.

The OP is a minimum wage worker and can still pay numerous bills and eats like a king and in essence a comfortable life.

Now what's the minimum wage in Nigeria and how much is a quality pot of soup.

Talking about overtime, nor be where job boku them dey find who go do overtime. People never see normal time for naija talkless of overtime. Let's not forget that you may work and not get paid or get paid 3 months time.

Nigeria is just messed up.

Not everything is about money because people are so quick to measure living in Nigeria and living abroad with how much money that can be made. They fail to acknowledge that there's a huge difference in quality and standard of living.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by Ibechris2: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
uchaymart:

Then u font know what u are telling people.

U see Canada and Netherland...their taxes no be here.
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by af0nja2000: 6:09am On Jan 25
Majesticniyi:

Well, to be honest there are a million and one ways to get to success and advices have to be customized to the particular situation of the seeker. I would just say be very selective of the company you keep when you land, it would determine if you would be successful or not (assuming part of your definition of success is being financially comfortable). hello are u still in Canada?

For example, I studied mechanical engineering in Nigeria and when I landed, I took a diploma course called Welding Engineering Technology. It prepared me for being a quality control personnel and I would say it's a very lucrative career for someone who is smart and pays great attention to tiny details. You could end up being in QC, NDT, engineering among other paths.

Someone in the medical line could look into a course like Sonography. Someone in management might look into business analytics. I mean, there are loads of courses out there that are lucrative but require sacrifice to get into. In my case, I basically sacrificed my first two years here (when people we landed together were buying houses and new cars) but I'm reaping the results now. One thing is, if the foundation is faulty here and you look for shortcuts, you would definitely lose out at the end. Take the pain to research a career that has growth paths, sacrifice everything to study it right, get the right certifications....and you'd be on the path to success.

How long person go take dey do low paying jobs? After some years, person go still dey the same level. This obodo oyinbo, you gats wise up. I know it's hard because your mates will be buying new flashy cars on loans and living big while you look like a sufferhead...but the difference will show in five years!

And for those still outside Canada, don't let any agent scam you with any yeye story. Canada is freaking hard to get into and 99.9% of those people don't have what it takes. Even we wey dey here no sabi way in again since Express Entry became another story. Don't let any agent use your money to drink tea with, jump online and research student routes yourself.

It might take me time to reply any comments on this so please bear with me.
Re: Let Me Gist You About My New Job In Canada by MrNice04(m): 1:52am On Feb 02
ModestGal:
So I got a customer care job in a health company paying$15, but before getting the job, I already contacted some bakery job agencies. And two weeks in they called me for a job at bakery. The bakery pays $18. Stupid me left my customer care job, rushed to$18 bakery job, it's a 12hours job.
In this new job, we work straight for hours without breaks, omoh, this thing wan kill me.

Now the gis

Omoh, after working for 3hours, e be like say I don dey see heaven. No breaks or rests in between. When one man(African but white in colour) see say I wan die, he con whistle for my hear say, make I say I wan go use rest room.
Immediately,I quickly ran to meet the woman in charge say, I wan pee
She granted me permission,and I went to pee

After I rest finish,I came back,after 15min, the woman beside me (Chinese), asked if I wanted WATER, and I should go and drink. To cut it short,most of them were giving me excuses to rest,and I don't know why everyone there seems so nice, Maybe bcx they were seeing death in my eyes

Now the KOKO
The Koko be say, the women we work together,told me they don't like going for washroom breaks because it's too far and they will need to climb stairs,and prefer to wait till we close from work.
So for my mind, I'm like, shee this one think say, na pee I go pee,lol
I con ask them,are they tired, they said they are not, smiling
Now, when we were going home,one of them said tomorrow is her birthday,lol. Ask me how old is she? My brothers and sisters, she's turning 65years old, she's CHINESE.
Na like that them dey say their ages, most of them are above 50yrs. I Kon dey wonder if na steel dey their body, because I no understand. I'm usually tired after 1hour of working, seriously tired o, no be shereshere tired. And funny part is I'm fit,not fat
Some of Theseus women are fat o, but the Asians grandma's are slim

Let me go back to work please
I will gist you guys later

Update
The purpose of this post is to make you guys laugh, I was trying my comedy talent if d thing go blow me, but I guess I'm not talented in this area, I finally give up, so no more gist for you guys
Also for those sending me hi on WhatsApp,in as much as I want friendship, I want meaningful ones, bring your ideas that can benefit us both, I'm willing to invest in it, and we move. But sending hi to me, and asking me silly questions, imma block you, sorry. I love you all

Modestgal I sent you a pm ...
There's something we need to talk about

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Tecno, Infinix, Phones Work In The USA? / 7 Tips For Air Travelers / Lagos State To Extend Blue Rail Line To Agbara In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.