Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification (1208 Views)

Basketball: D'Tigress On The Brink Of Olympic Qualification, Beat Senegal / Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification / PSG Forward,angel Di Maria,sentenced To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by plethora007: 7:47am On Nov 13, 2021
Messi was only called upon by coach Lionel Scaloni to play the final quarter of an hour as he made his comeback from knee and hamstring issues that saw him miss Paris Saint-Germain's last two matches.

Di Maria's sublime early finish at the Campeon del Siglo stadium in Montevideo was the difference between the sides in a match dominated by Uruguay.

The result means Argentina -- who are unbeaten in 26 matches -- will qualify for the World Cup finals if they beat Brazil on Tuesday and any one of Colombia, Chile or Uruguay fail to win.

"This team has great courage and when you don't play well, you still have to win," said Argentina goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.

Winning today was a huge step. We deserve it because we work very hard."

The defeat left Uruguay in a World Cup play-off spot, behind Colombia and Chile in the final two automatic qualification position on goal difference.

Nahitan Nandez should have given Uruguay a fifth minute lead after Argentina failed to deal with a long throw into the box.

A ricochet saw the ball land at Nandez's feet seven yards from goal and while Martinez did well to come out quickly and spread himself, Nandez's finish was poor and straight at the Aston Villa stopper.

Uruguay were made to pay two minutes later as Paulo Dybala robbed a dawdling Joaquin Piquerez just outside the box and passed inside for Di Maria to stroke a glorious shot into the top corner.

It was Argentina's only shot at goal in the first half.

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by kenzysmith: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2021
If not for. angel dmaria were would agretina be? Na wa for some people goat o

4 Likes

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by MJBOLT: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
keep crying

kenzysmith:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by cr7lomo: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
kenzysmith:

Di Maria won them the Olympics, di Maria won them the copa , .... but they only act like its lionel that's doing it... the most important achievements of Argentina has been di Maria.... but unfortunately, he's never recognised...if he dint get injured in the quarter final against Belgium after setting up higuain for the only goal, they wud hv won the World Cup ...the moment he got injured, Argentina cudnt score in that world cup again...

1 Like

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
cr7lomo:

Di Maria won them the Olympics, di Maria won them the copa , .... but they only act like its lionel that's doing it... the most important achievements of Argentina has been di Maria.... but unfortunately, he's never recognised...if he dint get injured in the quarter final against Belgium after setting up higuain for the only goal, they wud hv won the World Cup ...the moment he got injured, Argentina cudnt score in that world cup again...
Be logical for once...... If other players didn't score in the Olympics and Copa America, he wouldn't have had opportunities to score in those finals.

By you logic, Torres won Euro2008 for Spain. Gotze won 2014 World cup for Germany and Eder also won Euro2016 for Portugal.

Abi na Sunday Mba win Nations Cup for Nigeria cos he scored in the final??

Try widen your horizon a little.

10 Likes

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by Numerouno94(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Be logical for once...... If other players didn't score in the Olympics and Copa America, he wouldn't have had opportunities to score in those finals.

By you logic, Torres won Euro2008 for Spain. Gotze won 2014 World cup for Germany and Eder also won Euro2016 for Portugal.

Hahahahahaha. grin grin

Me done tire to they reply those half-witted fellows.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by Joebayo217: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
MJBOLT:
keep crying

history fans we are talking about now u are bring 2018 record bro na wa
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by ojaysam25(m): 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
Di Maria always step up in big matches for Argentina
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by unbitchable(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
cr7lomo:

Was the Euros and Euro friendly cup won by the old fraud and why is he getting all the praise in the Portuguese team?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by unbitchable(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2021
ojaysam25:
Di Maria always step up in big matches for Argentina
Always?... so what happened in Russia world cup & 2019 Copa?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by cr7lomo: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Oh now u fans have changed talk, I thought y'all were saying it was Eder that won the Euros for Portugal and Ronaldo should not be credited with the win. Y'all insulted Ronaldo constantly on this matter , now y'all have now changed mouth cause Lionel finally won a cup with country without scoring in the final. Y'all taunted Ronaldo on this over the years just cause Lionel had not won a cup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
cr7lomo:

Oh now u fans have changed talk, I thought y'all were saying it was Eder that won the Euros for Portugal and Ronaldo should not be credited with the win. Y'all insulted Ronaldo constantly on this matter , now y'all have now changed mouth cause Lionel finally won a cup with country without scoring in the final. Y'all taunted Ronaldo on this over the years just cause Lionel had not won a cup
As far as I can remember, this topic was never up for debate until Ronaldo fans on NL began to downplay Messi's contribution in their Copa win cos he didn't score in the semis & final.

2 Likes

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by cr7lomo: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
OJEEMAH:
As far as I can remember, this topic was never up for debate until Ronaldo fans on NL began to downplay Messi's contribution in their Copa win cos he didn't score in the semis & final.

That is because messi fans always downgraded Ronaldo because he got injured in the final , and instead credited Eder for the victory, and I know u were one of them that did that because all messi fans said same

1 Like

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by ojaysam25(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
unbitchable:

Always?... so what happened in Russia world cup & 2019 Copa?
Messi always step up in big matches for Argentina.
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 5:04am On Nov 14, 2021
cr7lomo:

That is because messi fans always downgraded Ronaldo because he got injured in the final , and instead credited Eder for the victory, and I know u were one of them that did that because all messi fans said same
Messi fans payback in equal measure.........what were you expecting when all Messi's achievements is credited to Xavi and Iniesta?

At the bolded, you make hasty conclusion when you obviously have no proof.

And know this, If I must engage anyone on this Messi-Ronaldo debate, I use facts and not lame points like Eder's case

3 Likes

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 5:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Numerouno94:

Hahahahahaha. grin grin

Me done tire to they reply those half-witted fellows.
grin grin
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by goddons50: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2021
COPA AMERICA can make somebody laugh....very cheap side in WORLDCUP qualification ..... easiest way through

1 Like

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by unbitchable(m): 11:14am On Nov 14, 2021
goddons50:
COPA AMERICA can make somebody laugh....very cheap side in WORLDCUP qualification ..... easiest way through
Put the Europeans teams in South America and let's see how they will survive. Do you think we are talking about 9-0, 7-1, 6-0 scorelines flying around Euros qualifiers mostly made up of farmer's countries. African qualifiers is by far tougher than the yeye Euros.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by obonujoker(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
unbitchable:

Put the Europeans teams in South America and let's see how they will survive. Do you think we are talking about 9-0, 7-1, 6-0 scorelines flying around Euros qualifiers mostly made up of farmer's countries. African qualifiers is by far tougher than the yeye Euros.

Lol... Make Germany, Spain or France catch your SA teams grin
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
obonujoker:

Lol... Make Germany, Spain or France catch your SA teams grin
You dey talk as if SA teams no dey knack them too. Germany no collect from Brazil during Korea/Japan even England? Chile no knack Spain for World Cup? Brazil no disgraced Spain for Confederation cup finals? Uruguay no brush Portugal for World Cup?

SA no be CAF and AFC teams wey Europeans dey always win

1 Like

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by goddons50: 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
unbitchable:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...SORRY BRO
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by ThierryJay: 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
OJEEMAH:

3 bottles for you. Killed and nailed it as usual. All these times Messi has been scoring against Uruguay, Colombia & Chile in WC qualifiers, them no open thread say he's doing well for Argentina in big games. Na when Di Maria con contribute him quota they now find their selective voices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by obonujoker(m): 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
ThierryJay:

3 bottles for you. Killed and nailed it as usual. All these times Messi has been scoring against Uruguay, Colombia & Chile in WC qualifiers, them no open thread say he's doing well for Argentina in big games. Na when Di Maria con contribute him quota they now find their selective voices.

Na pessi fans MO we dey follow after... grin

1 Like

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 5:25am On Nov 15, 2021
ThierryJay:

3 bottles for you. Killed and nailed it as usual. All these times Messi has been scoring against Uruguay, Colombia & Chile in WC qualifiers, them no open thread say he's doing well for Argentina in big games.
They go pretend as if they no know say Argentina play match and Messi even score and even if person somebody decide to create thread, those Pro Ronaldo mods would ensure it doesn't hit front page.
Na when Di Maria con contribute him quota they now find their selective voices.
No be hypocrisy be that?? Infact, all the tournaments (Olympics & Copa America) wey Di Maria score for Final, who end up with the Best Player Award??
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by ThierryJay: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2021
obonujoker:

Na pessi fans MO we dey follow after... grin

Lol jokers all of ya grin. Your MO is to dey attack Messi wey just come back from injury and helped his team to maintain their 1-0 away win. Whatabaout your goat-lite wey no even fit qualify Portugal after 2 games vs Ireland and Serbia, teams wey no even reach Peru's current level. Your binoculars no see that one criticize ba grin cheesy. 800 goals in the mud buhahahaha grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by ThierryJay: 8:15am On Nov 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:
They go pretend as if they no know say Argentina play match and Messi even score and even if person somebody decide to create thread, those Pro Ronaldo mods would ensure it doesn't hit front page. No be hypocrisy be that?? Infact, all the tournaments (Olympics & Copa America) wey Di Maria score for Final, who end up with the Best Player Award??

No mind them. Like now, they have refused to post Portugal's non qualification on FP. If Lord Pendu had scored and helped them qualify now, na for midnight e go don enter FP. Jokers all of them.
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2021
ThierryJay:

No mind them. Like now, they have refused to post Portugal's non qualification on FP. If Lord Pendu had scored and helped them qualify now, na for midnight e go don enter FP. Jokers all of them.
As usual, Ronaldo's failure is never FP worthy but if na Messi team no secure Wc qualification yesterday, you go don see a million and one threads from Obembet collaborating with those biased MODs to bring him down.

Seun sopos dey rotate this MODs.......they are too sentimental

1 Like

Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by ojaysam25(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:
As usual, Ronaldo's failure is never FP worthy but if na Messi team no secure Wc qualification yesterday, you go don see a million and one threads from Obembet collaborating with those biased MODs to bring him down.

Seun sopos dey rotate this MODs.......they are too sentimental
There was this messi fan ghettokid his post always made FP.... most of ronaldo post on FP was spearheaded by obembet. there is no messi conspiracy anywhere stop backmailing the moDs you may be ban for that, its against the rules.
create a thread, provide credible links and mention one of the MOD....it surely will make FP.
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2021
ojaysam25:

There was this messi fan ghettokid his post always made FP.... most of ronaldo post on FP was spearheaded by obembet. there is no messi conspiracy anywhere stop backmailing the moDs you may be ban for that, its against the rules.
create a thread, provide credible links and mention one of the MOD....it surely will make FP.
What do i stand to gain blackmailing the MODs? This is a practice I have taken time to observe for a while now and I am yet to be proven wrong. They can go ahead and ban me but all i have said is the undiluted truth. Thread that portrays a negative image of Messi often make FP.......... If it was Argentina that failed to qualify for the World Cup last night, Ronaldo fans would have created multiple threads and not less than 3 would make FP before the end of today. As you can see Messi fans are even tired of creating threads that won't see the light of day.
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by ojaysam25(m): 11:58am On Nov 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:
What do i stand to gain blackmailing the MODs? This is a practice I have taken time to observe for a while now and I am yet to be proven wrong. They can go ahead and ban me but all i have said is the undiluted truth. Thread that portrays a negative image of Messi often make FP.......... If it was Argentina that failed to qualify for the World Cup last night, Ronaldo fans would have created multiple threads and not less than 3 would make FP before the end of today. As you can see Messi fans are even tired of creating threads that won't see the light of day.
that's the difference, i notice ronaldo fans creates more thread than messi fans...it's only logical ronaldo fan thread made more FP. threads degrading ronaldo has made FP numerous times. follow the step i told you and create any thread, mention any MOD, do this twice if nor made FP, then you can come up with this assumptions.
Re: Di Maria Winner Puts Argentina On Brink Of WC Qualification by OJEEMAH(m): 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
ojaysam25:

that's the difference, i notice ronaldo fans creates more thread than messi fans...it's only logical ronaldo fan thread made more FP.
Like i said in my previous post, Messi fans got tired of creating threads that wont make FP.........Most Messi thread by Obembet make FP cos she doesn't hesitate to show her bias by dragging him with the slightest opportunity
threads degrading ronaldo has made FP numerous times.
this rarely happen
follow the step i told you and create any thread, mention any MOD, do this twice if nor made FP, then you can come up with this assumptions.
noted......but i stick to my opinion until i notice a change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Ex-nfl Player Who Kill Huge Lion Terrorizing Community / Checkout Victor Osimhen Net Worth: Biography, Career Salary, And Earnings / Top 10 Football Leagues In Africa: Nigeria Ranked Lowest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.