Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,923 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty (23858 Views)

Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos) / Police Officer Sleeping On Duty (photo) / Amaechi ...sleeping On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
this is nothing
for westend(abule) saw them everyday coming to smoke igbo
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
Those Police pics made me LOL.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by realisticm: 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
u people dey funny. i have seen policemen mixing alomo and 501 together with skunk, dos guys get degree 4 drinking and smoking that is why i hate them because they arrest poeple smoking india hemp and skunk. they sucks
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by JomoGbomo2(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2011
If the IGP can go and visit bankole during the week on a social ground as he claims, what stops these ones from doing same.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Roland17(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2011
@mallorca
i know bomboy (oshodi), Ata we-we (mushin), Sango and okplenge are n mile 2, i have their personal numbers, the DPO's of this places know them as untouchables, so whenever i come back home, i don't think i would be needing police, its useless depending on police officers.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by MaiSuya(m): 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2011
KAI! Naija don suffer sha! embarassed embarassed
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by oladayo042: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
LOL @ those pics
Police is your friend enemy. sad sad sad
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by enyojo(f): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2011
Analysis by me:

Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Theblessed(f): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
[b][size=16pt]This is highly an unprofessional behaviour.  

A gross misconduct and, on the spot sackable offence, no two ways about it!

Imagine, seeing British Police Officers or their American counterparts sitting je je je drinking alcohol in Uniform, in full view of the public in the street, whether on duty or off duty? Disgraceful!!!!  

Sometimes, one happens to get sudden visits from the Bobby on the beats and when you offer them an ordinary drink as a cup of tea/coffee, they usually decline - as it could be seen by the public as blurring the boundaries between professionalism and personal relationship let alone, something heavy as alcohol, otio!

Na him be say, one don sign their last pay-check be that, and to find another job? How easy, it would be for you!!!

Certainly, the references from your last employer matters a lot and, will remind or alert your propective employers of the dangers of employing someone like you - bad behaviour thus, put you in the dog house of job hunting for a long time.

You would be there imagining what sort of references your previous employers had given to your prospective employer?

Obviously, under the Data Protection and Confidentiality Acts, they will not reveal it to you because, if they do, you are in a position to sue your previous employers for breaching the laws and they in turn, will sue your prospective employer for the same and that will be a win, win for you and loss, loss for the employers.  Now, tell me, which employer would want to do that?

Shey, you go tell them in your application form and at job interview about you previous Employments, and why you left them, abi? grin

Therefore, if you love and respect your job then, you 'MUST' respect and comply with the Code of Conduct that governs your profession.

Like most Nigerian professionals in the offices up and down the country, who abuses their positions every day, might not understand the policies guiding their work environments and thus have no clue, these two police officers obviously, are un-informed and needs further training if they weren't sacked on the spot.

Please, Mr Commissioner of Police send these two home immediately so that others will start learning the professional way of working/doing things.  

There are no, nos people should not mess with at work, this is certainly one of them - in Nigeria anything goes and after this, what next?

Perhaps, SEX in the full view of the public assuming, that hadn't been done already will be next, how about that? angry
[/size][/b]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Koikoi(m): 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2011
Let face home truth. Nigeria as a country cannot afford a good police force. We have what we deserve. some of those policemen actually buys their own uniform. Our society is corrupt and the police is part of that society. pls say it as it is. see our politicians and their way of life. corruption is a way of life in nigeria, a custom of the pple. I'm sorry if I am blunt
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Phate07(m): 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2011

Am not surprised considering the level of corruption in the country.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Natasha2(f): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2011
Koikoi:

Let face home truth. Nigeria as a country cannot afford a good police force. We have what we deserve. some of those policemen actually buys their own uniform. Our society is corrupt and the police is part of that society. pls say it as it is. see our politicians and their way of life. corruption is a way of life in nigeria, a custom of the pple. I'm sorry if I am blunt
huh?come again Just take a look at what the house of reps and senates are bagging home then you would know that we have the capacity to afford and over afford a good police force our problem is bad leadership
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by micath09(m): 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
This is absolutely irresponsible. It's called (DUI) driving under influence in U.S, & it's a grievous offence with a minimum sentence of 364 days in jail, plus $25000 fine.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Rossikk(m): 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
How many of you brainless, self-loathing dunderheads could sleep a wink at night without the patrols and protection provided by the Nigerian Police? Illiterate, unpatriotic animals only good for tarnishing your nation for the flimsiest little rubbish.

Any thoughts for the hundreds of police officers killed and maimed yearly in battles against robbers?

All to keep you IDDIOT, IGNORANT, BRAIN-DEAD cretins safe?

So daft you don't know it's YOU the world is laughing at for your ignorance and stup.idity - not the ''Nigerian police''.

Rubbish.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by solihu(m): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
@ROSSIK
Much as I do agree with your sentiments, you were sounded too terse.

Are you saying the wrongdoings of the pictured men in black above are to be overlooked simply because of the few diligent and efficient ones?

Take style chillax, no need for that vituperation. Are you in the force by the way?
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by blacksta(m): 11:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
Rossikk:

How many of you brainless, self-loathing dunderheads could sleep a wink at night without the patrols and protection provided by the Nigerian Police? Illiterate, unpatriotic animals only good for tarnishing your nation for the flimsiest little rubbish.

Any thoughts for the hundreds of police officers killed and maimed yearly in battles against robbers?

So daft you don't know it's YOU the world is laughing at for your ignorance and stup.idity - not the ''Nigerian police''.

you sound constipated  grin or you a member of the Nigerian police force
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by denzel2009: 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2011
Rossikk:

Attensshon constable Rossikk
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by eghost247(m): 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2011
God Help Us,
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by wiseman2011(m): 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
Can any one of u here swear by God that u Guys doesn't smoke and at the sametime drinks ?. We are all have our shortcoming,and if u are a lady here are u telling me that u don't have more than one man that is sleeping with u ? That is ur shortcoming as well, the issue of d drink should be left out and we should face d reality of life, no one has d legal right to take another person's life called it accidential discharge or whatever there are pure case of murder if it is well established and proof beyond any reasonable doubt, @poster are u telling me now that nobody in ur family that drinks?.if care is not taking u are a bastard drunkard ?, what take u to where their are drinks if u are not a member of those drunkard,?. So u want to claim that u are saint now?. REMAIN THE JUDGEMENT DAY WE SHALL ALL GIVE ACCOUNT OF OUR STEWARDSHIP ON EARTH BEFORE BABA GOD OO !!.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Gbenge77(m): 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
Lol.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by mamagee3(f): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
daroz:

Make una leave them jare, man body no be firewood
You think? grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by violent(m): 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
Rossikk:

Rubbish.

You are the one spewing rubbish you twerp!

You ask how many of us could sleep at night without protection provided by the Nigerian Police?  Protection you say?  i laugh, shyt for bodi!. . .Isn't it the same Police shooting daily at civilians in unprovoked attacks infamously tagged as accidental discharge?

Bleep that shyt you call unpatriotic, the people in my village feel a lot safer with local vigilantes after history has shown that Police emergency numbers never cease to work and in very rare circumstances when it does, they just seem to have a penchant for turning up an hour late!

Keep us safe you say?  I think you are the brain dead cretin here my friend, if you had just followed the news a bit closely then surely you must have read the sorry story of youth corpers who took refuge in a Police station only to end up as dead meats!!!!. . . .so much for keeping us safe!

Our Police drinking beer while in uniforms is far from something we should ever be proud of, it would be very stúpid to think the world is laughing at Nigerians for demanding a better trained, well motivated professionals in the Police.

The world is not laughing at us, the world is laughing at the Nigerian Police farce!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Theblessed(f): 12:00am On Jun 08, 2011
Koikoi:

[b][size=16pt]You are absolutely, honest - police is the system!

But, what can we do to better our system?

In my view, it would be nice to dismantle the whole Nigerian Police force (as they did in Haitie in the early 2000) and then recruit fresh bloods - young men/women between the ages of 18 and 20yrs old and raise them from scratch with modern values!

We should then, ask for secondments of high calibre police officers from the British Police Authority in whose tradition, Nigerian Police Force was formed, to mentor our fresh bloods until they are capable of handling the responsibilities.

But, it will not be easy and will take time to achieve, I could hear some people say. Yes, but who say it will be easy?

Training takes time, and time invested in training pays dividend in the long run at least, we would begin to trust and rely on our own young and educated police officer who understands the needs of a modern society and what it, expects of them.  

In fact, one that believes in hard work and takes pride in his job, not voraciously ambitious group who wants to own aeroplanes whilst on a police officers wage. grin grin

On the other hand, in line with their jobs, we have to offer them good/attractive salaries and make accessible to them, training and other incentives.  

In short, make the Police Force an enviable career as well as difficult to enter so that, anyone who wants to take up a career in the force will seriously, consider whether it is for them and the mountains he/she has to surmount to get in, just as it is with getting into the British Diplomatic Service. undecided

In my opinion, that will enable us recruit high quality and skilled officers this country has been missing for a too long time and thus, kill the bribery and corruption that are wide spread among our current police officers.  Let's be realistic, there's going to be some that will slip through the net, abi? grin grin grin

Let's try it, and if it didn't work (of course, it will work after all, similar scheme worked in Haitie Police/Armed Forces and still working) then, we know we tried and we will be in a better position to try something else, or call back the old thieves, abi? Sure, they would all run back to their old jobs like a rocket, trust me!

Nigeria has to try new ideas after all,'He that is down needs fear no fall', what are we going to loose now, we hadn't already lost in the past 50 years? Tell, me, we shouldn't be afraid to explore new and farther seas, my people!
[/size][/b]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Rooneyboy(m): 12:42am On Jun 08, 2011
theblessed u r making this boring with ur long epistle, pls i wld advice u just read. ABEG
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Nobody: 3:41am On Jun 08, 2011
@ theblessed.
pls reduce the font,is too big. please
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Ossaifamous(m): 5:09am On Jun 08, 2011
This is so bad and disgraceful, at least after duty but not while on duty
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Two4Two(m): 8:43am On Jun 08, 2011
May be they are on a function (wedding ceremony, house warming etc) , why should they unwind.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by kingrhirhs(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2011
Fighting by the police is not a new thing and is no-longer an offence in the police.
I witness a fight in the Federal Sec Complex, Abuja. This 2 police officers were fighting and
another senior officer was standing by and threatened them to continue the fight or else
he will have to send them to the guardroom. After fighting for a while, they started begging the
officer that they were tired. All onlookers were amazed.
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by johnie: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
Like I said earlier, these police officers are a disgrace and should be severly punished but I think this might interest you all:

[flash=800,800]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZy6eK8dPc[/flash]

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3gSwy87XMA[/flash]

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJaAe7sYoCA[/flash]

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63FEamhpA0[/flash]

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtoDccC1tZY[/flash]

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RWg6yw4dY4[/flash]

[flash=600,600]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GM1-VI2-2Y[/flash]
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by kellybaba(m): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
Nigerian Police men are decent and professional please ! ! ! I disagree that this photoshoped pix represemts our professional force.

We will not allow foreigners posing as Nigerians here to denigrate our hardworking men.In Peace-keepiing operations which is closely and exclusively supervised by so-called International Community,our men have won laurels there and have discharged themselves creditably.

Nigeria is on the rise again !
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by bugmenot: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
@ johnie

my apologies for stalking, I sent you a message at the "What's happening on the Lekki axis?" thread. I'm anxiously awaiting your respose. Thanks!
Re: Picture Of Nigeria Police Officers Drinking Beer On Duty by Theblessed(f): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2011
Toaskarity:

@ theblessed.
pls reduce the font,is too big. please
[size=16pt] You lack manners! But, who asked you to read my work? Na force?

I suppose you live in free society so, why not accord the same to others? So, you find it difficult to practice what you preach, hypocrite?

People are free to do what they like, eat what they like, wear what they like, write what they like, design what they like even if it leads to you developing glaucoma, abi?

Now, let me remind you next time, just paaaasssss my domot, ok!

But would you?  No, I know you would come back again for more, and complaining like an fool! Bye!
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Calls Bayo Shittu A Boko Haram Sympathiser Or A Coward / Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum / PDP Will Transform Nigeria In 2019 – Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.