Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State (37482 Views)

Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by cooooooks(m): 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
The story I enard is he was initially given permission for 9 storeys.

The guy probably thought: I've spent 100 million naira on the foundation, it can hold anything.

Lollittaa:

Did you see how the ruins looked like slices of bread. From what experts say, if I remember correctly, the only way for the building to have fallen so completely was lack of structure. From foundation to pillar. Remember, he was given permission for 15 storeys. He illegally increased it to 21. Now, he cam build anywhere, even in the ocean, with good foundation and structure. Remember the letter the structural engineer sent him? Too many things were wrong with that building, no thanks to his greed.
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
cooooooks:
The story I enard is he was initially given permission for 9 storeys.

The guy probably thought: I've spent 100 million naira on the foundation, it can hold anything.

yeah, I heard that too. 8 or 9. Then he probably bribed his way to 15. Which if you ask me, was too much. The story of his PA and the youth corper lady who paid to be posted to lagos, and ended up in his firm, who died, pained me most. Ha! Very reckless bastard. What on earth are church people and staff doing in such a place without safety gear?

1 Like

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
haryomikun:

No, you’re the dull one. That title was beautifully crafted; its a pity your brain couldn’t comprehend it
I don see you na, mr Mastercraft.
Na your mama brain no dey crafted.

Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Guzx: 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Agbanasaare: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
RIP Femi Osibona
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by GEEBITE: 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
That a building under construction collapsed from bottom to top is a clear indication that the whole thing is fishy . It collapsed like a pack if carfa while the twi other structures on the same land are still standing erect till date. What a coincidence that the building he was inside was the one that collapsed around 2pm. A thorough investigation must be carried out. Although i have a problem with that project as existing infrastructures around that neighbourhood can not support or accommodate what was being constructed e.g road width,parking,drainage channels etc.

I have always known Nigerians to be emotional instead of being rational. Also bandwagonism in comments is the order. Also being successful in Nigeria is at the risk of hatred and jealousy.
achillesfoot:
. Out of everything I have read so far I have come to the conclusion that 90 percent of Nigerians are just plain dumb and stupid.. It's only yahoo they know.. Dumbasses.. Even Chanitent I expected to be rational in thinking.. You're the only one who has the right brain for circumstances like this.. Reason I quoted you directly.. . He was targeted, carefully followed to make sure he was in the building, then an explosive was used to rattle the structure, I guess you know the rest.. You Nigerians have no idea the kind of cabal you are dealing with... There's an ongoing war since 2015 against the rest of Nigeria, I won't mention names, figure it out.. Yet same Nigerians are championing presidency for the man who brought upon this menace even to his own people cos of a seat he will never smell... The people who decides Nigeria's future are not in Nigeria...
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by Vireani79: 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
davodyguy:

Which law did he break?

People like u will see evil and call it good
With all the press release given on this topic
U are bold enough to ask this silly question
Smh
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by davodyguy: 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Vireani79:

People like u will see evil and call it good
With all the press release given on this topic
U are bold enough to ask this silly question
Smh
Stop talking nonsense.

Show me the law he broke with empirical evidence, not a news link, then I can agree with you.
Stop grasping at straw
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by PurestBoy(m): 12:16am On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=Kobicove post=107600032]As a result of this man's death some people's source of livelihood has been negatively affected undecided

You know the funny thing about life, his death has enriched some folks too, as in massively enriched them, I'm just thinking of some payments for orders that have been booked amongst many other, just think am
Re: Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State by haryomikun(m): 3:50am On Nov 15, 2021
Lollittaa:

He's right. The title is misleading, clickbait. You do know what an echo literally means, don't you?
No it’s not. Anyone who reads books will definitely understand that was a figure of speech used.

Just like a headline saying ‘Reece James owned St James Park for a day’

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exclusive!!! | Twenty Two "2" Bedroom House Plan / Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.