Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,288 members, 7,850,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:01 PM

Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical (1388 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / Do You Think Materialism Is Illogical? / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

If you pick arguments in the Bible, be ready to read the Bible for further arguments. Don’t cherry pick.

The book of Genesis gave details of life span of humans at that time. Go read it up.
120 years was just like a starting point for one who lived 950 years.

People who live 80 years now were active around 40-60 years. Noah living 950 years would have still been active at 500-700 years.

You didn't get my point. grin
Let me ask again.
How did an elderly man with adult kids manage to live through 120 more years?
Shouldn't his life span be around 100 years or so?

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

You didn't get my point. grin
Let me ask again.
How did an elderly man with adult kids manage to live through 120 more years?
Shouldn't his life span be around 100 years or so?

You don’t even know the Bible.
That’s not nice. If you want to have a firm grip of arguments with Christians, you will humble yourself and study the Bible.

We shouldn’t be discussing life spans of people in Genesis era. An online Bible can do the magic
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

You don’t even know the Bible.
That’s not nice. If you want to have a firm grip of arguments with Christians, you will humble yourself and study the Bible.

We shouldn’t be discussing life spans of people in Genesis era. An online Bible can do the magic

Lol, I already know the bible claimed that Noah lived for hundreds of years even before the flood.
I want you to answer my question. How does an elderly man with kids live for that long when his life span is supposed to be around 100 years or so? Since we're being logical, tell me how that's possible.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

It will be crazy of me to expect anything to the contrary from you.

If you don’t come to terms with SUPER-nature, we can’t help you.

And to think you are obsessively obsessed with Christianity despite all your hatred for them is amazing.

You are more like an EVANGELICAL atheist. Lol

Do you want me to stop?
You seem bothered about it. cheesy
I'll be around for as long as I live. So you have to deal with it. No let hypertension kill you because of my matter. Just like your other colleague who was quoting me ten times in a day.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by CandyOps(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

For someone who claims to be an intellectual and above me in IQ, your first impression is to boast about a mere degree in sciences? I mean a mere 1st degree ( maybe a 2.2) ? And that’s all to make one not believe in the Bible?

That’s pathetic!

If a PHD holder or a professor of a science field could be a Christian, then your senses should have told you that your holding a 1st degree or his/her holding a professorial chair in sciences are no qualifications for being a Christian or for being godless like you. But no, you won’t think and understand it that way. In your narcissistic folly thinking, you would conclude you alone had high IQ and Christians including the ones that taught you in your degree had low IQ.

Like I said, nobody had concluded empirically that the flood didn’t happen. Most sites would only suggest that it was unlikely because THEY HAVEN’T CONFIRMED IT. And they have continued to investigate. The Bible isn’t going to change for you. You are free to carry your shovel and go anywhere in the universe to confirm each and every claim in the Bible.

You ask foolish questions and when you get your responses, you add more foolish responses.

If anyone could keep animals in the zoo successfully for years, that would be okay for you. But if the Bible says someone gathered animals in an ark, then it sound ridiculous.

It sounds ridiculous not because keeping animals together in a zoo or even domesticating wild animals are ridiculous, rather it sounds ridiculous to you because of your a priori worldview.

I didn't say I have a high IQ neither did I claim to be higher than you. I said discussing some issues dey dull my IQ and is not worth the effort. Don't make up words, mr man. Besides, you didn't make any points in favor of or against the topic being discussed.

You rather went on a rant about zoos, IQ and how Profs could be Christians. Still no points scored. Which further explains why I don't feel comfortable discussing these kinda things. I'm not saying all Biblical events are false. I'm only saying this particular one about flooding is illogical and cannot physically occur given the geographical design of the planet Earth

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
CandyOps:

I didn't say I have a high IQ neither did I claim to be higher than you. I said discussing some issues dey dull my IQ and is not worth the effort. Don't make up words, mr man. Besides, you didn't make any points in favor of or against the topic being discussed.

You rather went on a rant about zoos, IQ and how Profs could be Christians. Still no points scored. Which further explains why I don't feel comfortable discussing these kinda things. I'm not saying all Biblical events are false. I'm only saying this particular one about flooding is illogical and cannot physically occur given the geographical design of the planet Earth

You speak as though you said anything logical or empirical. All were mere rhetorics.

You boasted about your IQ, you claimed discussions with religious people dull your IQ. And I wondered what IQ you were referring to? The one you already displayed here with only a first degree in sciences? Unknown to you that so many religious people have 2 phds in sciences? And you didn’t realize that all humans in spite of their religion affiliations or worldview are created by God to be intelligent?

That’s a foolish boast bereft of any high IQ.

And you didn’t know the difference between someone saying “ we do not have enough facts to think this happened” and “ this never happened”.

You also lied the matter had been dealt with online. I asked which online? How many platforms do you know exist where religious discussions are held? How many of them did you join? All? To have warranted such boastful conclusion.

I was hoping you would say why humans could keep different animals in a zoo for children to go watch whereas it is absurd ( according to you) for Noah to have done what humans do now back then in an ark. Are they not same animals?

Again, for you godless fellow to have a degree in science and for another Christian to also have a degree in science and to have taught you sciences implies that the degree you obtained in science didn’t make you godless just as the other’s didn’t make them Christians.
I hope this is not too deep for you to understand!
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Which online or internet platform was this resolution concluded? Same internet in our hands?

You meant to say “they think or suggest “ that it was impossible? Or as some say “they cannot empirically verify “?

No one said it’s not possible. Scientists and archeologists are still searching out the account and will one day come to terms with the Bible account.

No scientist has confirmed the account was not possible. They have all offered suggestions why and why not. That’s different from definite empirical data.

The Noah’s account happened as written in the Bible. All Bible accounts are true and trustworthy.

LMAO! So the sun stood still? Can you tell us how that happened, was it the sun that stopped moving or the earth? Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! So the sun stood still? Can you tell us how that happened, was it the sun that stopped moving or the earth? Bwahahahahaha!

Out of point.

Are we done with Noah’s communication and animal science skills?

If you don’t believe in miracles, no miracle or supernatural phenomena would ever make sense to you. So a Christian is a notch ahead of you in the understanding of nature/matter and super-nature.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Out of point.

Are we done with Noah’s communication and animal science skills?

If you don’t believe in miracles, no miracle or supernatural phenomena would ever make sense to you. So a Christian is a notch ahead of you in the understanding of nature/matter and super-nature.

You said "All Bible accounts are true" so please go ahead to tell us was it the sun that stopped or the earth that stopped?

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

You said "All Bible accounts are true" so please go ahead to tell us was it the sun that stopped or the earth that stopped?

The God who made the universe and fixed the sun and the earth can and will always do what he likes with nature. Why? Because he is SUPER-natural.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

The God who made the universe and fixed the sun and the earth can and will always do what he likes with nature. Why? Because he is SUPER-natural.

LOL! Yeah your god of laws and order decided to use magic that one time but now the god is so camera shy he never does his magic tricks in an era where cameras are ubiquitous. Bwahahahahahaha!

3 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

LOL! Yeah your god of laws and order decided to use magic that one time but now the god is so camera shy he never does his magic tricks in an era where cameras are ubiquitous. Bwahahahahahaha!

Miracles happen now and then.
Even if happens to you, would you willingly tell me? You would delete it from your camera.
Only God knows how many you had deleted in the past and how many you had failed to report.

You have had many experiences that your 5 senses cannot fathom. Would I expect you to come tell us about them?

Miracles are the exclusive prerogatives of God. Whenever he WISHES to do them for his own glory, he will do it. It doesn’t require your unbelief and godlessness. It will just happen when he so desires it.

You couldn’t even show me empirical proofs for scientific laws the other time. You kept lazily asking for 5 scientists as if we were doing children jokes. Now you want to delve into investigations of supernatural phenomena with natural tools. You are joking right?
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Even if happens to you, would you willingly tell me? You would delete it from your camera.
Only God knows how many you had deleted in the past and how many you had failed to report.

You have had many experiences that your 5 senses cannot fathom. Would I expect you to come tell us about them?

Miracles are the exclusive prerogatives of God. Whenever he WISHES to do them for his own glory, he will do it. It doesn’t require your unbelief and godlessness. It will just happen when he so desires it.

You couldn’t even show me empirical proofs for scientific laws the other time. You kept lazily asking for 5 scientists as if we were doing children jokes. Now you want to delve into investigations of supernatural phenomena with natural tools. You are joking right?

You still haven't answered my question on how Noah lived for more than 400 years when his life span should have been less than 100.
I thought we were dealing with logic here, why are you avoiding the question?

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Yippeedaniel(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
This story isn't doesn't add up. But god is perfect
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Bwahahahahaha! There goes the delusion factory hard at work imagining all kinds of nonsense about me and believing it. It seems asking you for evidence or explanations is some kind of trigger for your song and dance reflex. LMAO!

Tell your god to make his magic happen in front of cameras so we can have a record. LMAO!

You made a claim you can't back up. Bring 5 scientists that say there is no proof of scientific laws, a simple request. Maybe ask your sky daddy for some magic to help you since it's too much for you to handle. Bwahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

You still haven't answered my question on how Noah lived for more than 400 years when bis life span should have been less than 100.

The guy never answers anything only to start singing and dancing about. LMAO!

2 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! There goes the delusion factory hard at work imagining all kinds of nonsense about me and believing it. It seems asking you for evidence or explanations is some kind of trigger for your song and dance reflex. LMAO!

Tell your god to make his magic happen in front of cameras so we can have a record. LMAO!

You made a claim you can't back up. Bring 5 scientists that say there is no proof of scientific laws, a simple request. Maybe ask your sky daddy for some magic to help you since it's too much for you to handle. Bwahahahahahaha!

Your failure yesterday was fully noted.
I said all scientists. You are just lazily asking for 5. Again I said all. I had thought you would brandish links everywhere here countering my claims. Lol

Too pathetic!
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

You still haven't answered my question on how Noah lived for more than 400 years when bis life span should have been less than 100.

We are dealing with the Bible and logic.
If Noah lived 950 years, why should he not be active at 100-650 years?

Focus: Bible and logic

I already said you don’t even sound like one who understands the Bible you are arguing about?
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by CandyOps(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

You speak as though you said anything logical or empirical. All were mere rhetorics.

You boasted about your IQ, you claimed discussions with religious people dull your IQ. And I wondered what IQ you were referring to? The one you already displayed here with only a first degree in sciences? Unknown to you that so many religious people have 2 phds in sciences? And you didn’t realize that all humans in spite of their religion affiliations or worldview are created by God to be intelligent?

That’s a foolish boast bereft of any high IQ.

And you didn’t know the difference between someone saying “ we do not have enough facts to think this happened” and “ this never happened”.

You also lied the matter had been dealt with online. I asked which online? How many platforms do you know exist where religious discussions are held? How many of them did you join? All? To have warranted such boastful conclusion.

I was hoping you would say why humans could keep different animals in a zoo for children to go watch whereas it is absurd ( according to you) for Noah to have done what humans do now back then in an ark. Are they not same animals?

Again, for you godless fellow to have a degree in science and for another Christian to also have a degree in science and to have taught you sciences implies that the degree you obtained in science didn’t make you godless just as the other’s didn’t make them Christians.
I hope this is not too deep for you to understand!

Bro, kindly post a link or source to a research in favor of or against the topic at hand and stop beating around the bush about IQ.

Besides, an IQ has nothing to do with academic qualifications. I'm not replyin again because it's a waste of time

2 Likes

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Your failure yesterday was fully noted.
I said all scientists. You are just lazily asking for 5. Again I said all. I had thought you would brandish links everywhere here countering my claims. Lol

Too pathetic!

I said to quote 5 scientists saying so but apparently sky daddy magic can't even help you. LMAO! Just admit you don't have any scientist saying that instead of this braggado you are doing. Bwahahahahahaha!

As I said when I make a claim ask me for evidence. You make a claim you get to bring the evidence.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
CandyOps:

Bro, kindly post a link or source to a research in favor of or against the topic at hand and stop beating around the bush about IQ.

Besides, an IQ has nothing to do with academic qualifications. I'm not replyin again because it's a waste of time

Next time respond to people respectfully.
Don’t brag about IQ and your science background again. Science didn’t turn you godless. Science didn’t turn your Christian lecturers to theists. You all have science background yet have differing worldviews and you think yours is because you studied science?
That’s a fatal error in your thinking.

And to make it worse, you just condemned religious people and their critical thinking abilities. Yet you never made a single critical and logical point in the discussion?

Too bad
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

I said to quote 5 scientists saying so but apparently sky daddy magic can't even help you. LMAO! Just admit you don't have any scientist saying that instead of this braggado you are doing. Bwahahahahahaha!

As I said when I make a claim ask me for evidence. You make a claim you get to bring the evidence.

Lol!

I say it again today that THERE ARE NO SCIENTIFIC proofs for scientific laws. All are ASSUMED to be valid.

You can accept it as it is or keep crying for 5 scientists who said it. If you can’t counter it, then I know it is a fact.

If you have a contrary fact, say it here.
Or show me any scientific proof for any of our scientific laws.

Keep lazing around in shame
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol!

I say it again today that THERE ARE NO SCIENTIFIC proofs for scientific laws. All are ASSUMED to be valid.

You can accept it as it is or keep crying for 5 scientists who said it. If you can’t counter it, then I know it is a fact.

Bwahahahahahaha! Your sky daddy doesn't exist keep crying upandan because we said so. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol!

Here's a challenge for you and your nonexistent magic sky daddy. When you post 5 scientists saying there is no proof for scientific laws, I will post evidence for 5 scientific laws. Let's if you and you magic sky daddy are up to the challenge. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

We are dealing with the Bible and logic.
If Noah lived 950 years, why should he not be active at 100-650 years?

Focus: Bible and logic

I already said you don’t even sound like one who understands the Bible you are arguing about?

How is it possible for someone to live that long?
That's the question. Maybe the way I put it is confusing you. How can a man live for more than 400 years? Answer. Don't chicken out. We're using logic here.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

Lol, he's a clown.
Just like his colleagues on here.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

Here's a challenge for you and your nonexistent magic sky daddy. When you post 5 scientists saying there is no proof for scientific laws, I will post evidence for 5 scientific laws. Let's if you and you magic sky daddy are up to the challenge. LMAO!

Sky daddy is not the name of God Yahweh.

You really don’t have any scientific proof for scientific laws.

I used to think you were really sensible but I was wrong. You are just another wannabe atheist
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
kingxsamz:

How is it possible for someone to live that long?
That's the question. Maybe the way I put it is confusing you. How can a man live for more than 400 years? Answer. Don't chicken out. We're using logic here.

So we are done with Noah’s communication ant animal science skills?
I see you had no further objections.

As for the age of Noah, I had thought you said you read the Bible. If you looked at the Bible you are arguing from, you would see how many years people lived then.

Or were you around then but could not live up to 100?
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Nothingserious: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
LordReed:

Do you know why I pick you and Kingxsamz ?
You guys are the weakest links of atheists I have seen on this forum. Two of you are just like jokers. So I catch cruise with the 2 of you cause nothing objective or logical comes from your responses.
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Sky daddy is not the name of God Yahweh.

You really don’t have any scientific proof for scientific laws.

I used to think you were really sensible but I was wrong. You are just another wannabe atheist

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

OMFD! You are so freaking pathetic. Together with your MAGIC SKY DADDY Yahweh you can't take up a simple challenge and I am the wannabe. LMFAO! Oh please you are so freaking useless so is MAGIC SKY DADDY Yahweh. LMFAO!
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by LordReed(m): 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Do you know why I pick you and Kingxsamz ?
You guys are the weakest links of atheists I have seen on this forum. Two of you are just like jokers. So I catch cruise with the 2 of you cause nothing objective or logical comes from your responses.

You're just a piece of loquacious trash. The saying empty barrels make the loudest noise should have your picture and name on it as prime example. Then the meaning of useless should have you as secondary entry. LMFAO!
Re: Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical by Dtruthspeaker: 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nothingserious:

Abeg no mind them.

Maybe these ones are new wannabe atheists testing a few rebuttals they read up on Christianity.

grin grin baby atheists! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Theobarth Global Foundation Grant / Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father / I Percieve That 80 Percent Of The World Population Will Burn In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.