Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. (27963 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / What Is An Opay Account Number? / Is It True From GTB Unilag Branch Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by dissman: 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
You must have opened an account with them. I also got the same message from them, I opened one when I was in school years ago but not a single transaction has been done on the account.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by bcomputer101: 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Unibener:
Thunder Fire You.
You and the mod that brought this to FP

Why is your life so miserable?
Your collected your bread?

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Olayetan(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:
I received message from GTB. I was given account number from GTB and I was asked to go any branch and activate it.

Did you feel any form from bank marketer recently?
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Badguy77(m): 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
To whom brain is given, sense is required...Go if u wanna go
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Jayslyder: 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
Do u have an account with them before??did u receive money from someone overseas??if yes then it is probably a domiciliary account they opened on your behalf....

Don't be ignorant, stay enlightened

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by thesolutions(m): 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:
I received message from GTB. I was given account number from GTB and I was asked to go any branch and activate it.
someone must have provided a wrong number to open an account with them. You can try funding the account to see the name of the real account holder. If it is not youth name, just ignore.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by sabreal: 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
Be very careful oo

Did u open any Account awaiting activation. If not do not activate. What scammers do now is that they use your account to apply and collect loans on your profile

Be careful

Reader530:
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by bluefilm: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:

Go and activate it.

Maybe someone is trying to send you money with Sendwave or Western Union.

Those companies will create a Domiciliary account for in the Nigerian banks they are partnering with assuming you don't have one already.

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Kajaard: 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
Unibener:
Thunder Fire You.
You and the mod that brought this to FP

I just tire. How this makes the front page baffles me. Nairaland is gone kiss
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by kmaster007: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2021
You better go bank
Reader530:
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
They want to use your account balance do Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Jackipapa: 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Awon elewele, sora fun won!
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Ghengiskhan(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
chocolatee:
Did you open account with them or not?
If not don't let scammers to use use they now open account for people and send code to you they will called them to tell them the code and collect loan for you beware.

It is not scammer same thing happened to me. If you check the account is actually in the person's name. If you are interested go to the branch and do the update.

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Unibener: 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
bcomputer101:

Why is your life so miserable?
Your collected your bread?

Permit me to compare your life to your Grammer.
"Your collected your bread"
Mumu man

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by nextstep(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Anytime I receive call from somebody pretending to be a bank, I just hang up.

If I have issues, na me go call them, never vice versa.

4 Likes

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Burgerlomo: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
tayour917i:
Kiyesi... Ise awon gbajue leleyi

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by angelfallz(m): 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
I'm telling you!
Giddiebabalaw:
These people just dey upgrade every now and then

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by staga: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
Don't allow someone to use your destiny this Christmas. People head dey hot.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Falseprofet2: 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
Dont grin
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by angelfallz(m): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Someone you don't know is trying send you money?
If someone wants to send you money through Western Union wouldn't the person let you know?
bluefilm:

Go and activate it.

Maybe someone is trying to send you money with Sendwave or Western Union.

Those companies will create a Domiciliary account for in the Nigerian banks they are partnering with assuming you don't have one already.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Christmasdon(m): 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Bank opening and activation should only be done for you in the banking hall ignore that message.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by fredoooooo: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2021
Don't
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:
I received message from GTB. I was given account number from GTB and I was asked to go any branch and act activate it.
scam alert. Did you open an account with GTB at anytime? So why would you be asked to activate what you never opened.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by pweshboi(m): 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
Maybe you were using a student account before and they've upgraded your account... Try going to the bank to find out
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by lomprico(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:

you opened an account with them na
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Joetttimua1811(m): 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
If you didn't open account with them just ignore
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Gee64: 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
Fraud in Nigeria these days ehn.

Who nor be fraudster nor many.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by irunoko(m): 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
scam alert. Did you open an account with GTB at anytime? So why would you be asked to activate what you never opened.
yahoo boys don dey hustle for Christmas grin
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by irunoko(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
tayour917i:
Kiyesi... Ise awon gbajue leleyi
awon Omo yahoo Na tinwa owo Christmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
ignis:

Must you people bring everything to Nairaland ?

They asked you to visit any branch of GTB, where you will be able to get more authentic info on weather it's scam or real, you deliberately and lazily refused. Instead you run to Nairaland asking the wrong people.
He did well... This forum has been saving people from 1920
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by ayenale1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
Maybe bubu wants to repay Chinese loan through that acct...
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Florenzo222(f): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
go and activate it. I think you are expecting a grant from somewhere and its GTBank that will be used and the account was opened for u to go and upgrade it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA / See The Future Of Business In Nigeria / Put Your Hands To Work Learn How To Make Liquid Air Freshener For FREE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.