Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? (1953 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / Expel Obasanjo Now, Clark Tells PDP / Probe Obasanjo Now — Owie Tells EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by chigo4u: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2011
Everybody and everything he has endorsed has failed in the elections. Here is a little list

Iyabo obasanjo - daughter - senate hopeful
Bankole - speaker hopeful
Alao Akala - godson - governorship
Rtd General Olorin - governoship
Ikedi Ohakim - governorship
Ojo maduekwe - SGF hopeful
South west - speaker, house of reps hopeful
and on and on
as a matter of fact only Goodluck Jonathan was the only person that has obasanjo's support that won his election.
Nawa oh, what is happening to obasanjo? Why does everything he touches this days fail? Smh.
Lmao btw.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by efisher(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
I am ready to die for Nigeria - OBJ.

All that has been happening is not mere coincidence. You can not tell exactly what he is doing in secret. Don't be decieved by what you hear in the news. OBJ is an extremely cunning politician. I say, let's keep watching and see what he will do next.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by enyojo(f): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2011
FATE?
Kirikiri ofcourse angry
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Mynd44: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
The guy should just call it quits
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 08, 2011
U knw ur a failure, when your people hates you
that guy has failed badly
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by violent(m): 5:48am On Jun 08, 2011
He should have stepped down from active politics when the ovation was loudest!
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 08, 2011
violent:

He should have stepped down from active politics when the ovation was loudest!

And when was that?

From what I believe, for his first term, her was placed there. On his second term, he barely won the SW's votes. So when was there ever an ovation?

When he founded EFCC, which is one of the most corrupt organization now? Or when he forced his PDP mad dogs on the SW?

When will OBJ realize that his own ppl that does not want him? Why cant a grown azz man just stay out of power or drop dead?

Useless old ragamuffin.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by FKseun(m): 6:15am On Jun 08, 2011
You IGNORAMUS should stop saying that OBJ entrenched the present democracy in Nigeria! Gen. Abdusallam did! Where was OBJ when NADECO and other Nigerians where being hounded, locked in DMI dungeons, tortured and killed? What did he contribute to the fight for the actualisation of the annulled June 12 elections? We still remember his comments during the crisis! Where was he when PENGASSAN, NUPENG, NLC, TUC and other unions were fighting for democracy? Yes, we agree, he retired some top military officers. That was after the powers that be had brought him out of the prison to come and filled the slot Late MKO Abiola died fighting for, from the history of this country, which cadre of military officers plan coups?, Major to Cols. How many of Major Mustapha's course mates did he retire? Even Mustapha was not retired! He was posted to Enugu after which he was arrested for not reporting at his new post. The truth of the matter was that even the military was tired of ruling, the IBB ---> ABACHA era destroyed the fabric of military discipline in Nigeria, era when Majors were slapping red-necks! It was unheard of! The military became fragmented along so many lines!
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by violent(m): 6:27am On Jun 08, 2011
@Ileke

What i meant by "when the ovation was loudest", refers to when his powerful influence was obvious and forceful, . .and this was no other time than after Goodluck's victory at the primaries.  OBJ never really have much love from the SW people, all he had going for him was his influence in the Political space and the aura of Power he has somehow created which is now fast fading away, as people now realize he's human afterall.

The dude should have announced 3 days after the PDP's primaries that he will be stepping down from active politics, maybe even go on a 4 months Holiday visiting world leaders and beautiful tourist attractions.  When he comes back and he finds out that PDP has lost majority of the seats in SW to opposition, most people would believe this was due to his absence during the elections, even opposition leaders would tread carefully.  In the end, he retains his powerful influence------ win win!!!

Now he's just another infamous fat old fóol!!!!!
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by daroz(m): 6:39am On Jun 08, 2011
FKseun:

You IGNORAMUS should stop saying that OBJ entrenched the present democracy in Nigeria! Gen. Abdusallam did! Where was OBJ when NADECO and other Nigerians where being hounded, locked in DMI dungeons, tortured and killed? What did he contribute to the fight for the actualisation of the annulled June 12 elections? We still remember his comments during the crisis! Where was he when PENGASSAN, NUPENG, NLC, TUC and other unions were fighting for democracy? Yes, we agree, he retired some top military officers. That was after the powers that be had brought him out of the prison to come and filled the slot Late MKO Abiola died fighting for, from the history of this country, which cadre of military officers plan coups?, Major to Cols. How many of Major Mustapha's course mates did he retire? Even Mustapha was not retired! He was posted to Enugu after which he was arrested for not reporting at his new post. The truth of the matter was that even the military was tired of ruling, the IBB ---> ABACHA era destroyed the fabric of military discipline in Nigeria, era when Majors were slapping red-necks! It was unheard of! The military became fragmented along so many lines!

Are u confused or what? undecided
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by dempeople(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2011
chigo4u:

Everybody and everything he has endorsed has failed in the elections. Here is a little list

and on and on
as a matter of fact only Goodluck Jonathan was the only person that has obasanjo's support that won his election.
Nawa oh, what is happening to obasanjo? Why does everything he touches this days fail? Smh.
Lmao btw.

@Bolded, GEJ won the election based on his own personal popularity and not due to some influence or support from Obasanjo. If anything, Obj's influence/support  gave the GEJ's campaign camp goosebumps.

To understand what is happening to Obasanjo, u have to understand that when one tastes power and influence, its hard to let go no matter the circumstance. The idea that the antecedents of men could be talked about, thousands of years after their departure, is sure to induce any man to want to make a name for himself in his time. Think of Alexander the great, Isaac Newton, biblical characters, Shakespeare, Mansa Musa, Henry VIII, Edward I and most english monarchs etc and u will get a sense of what it means to them - cos we still hear, read and imagine them in OUR time. Its all psychological.

Power and money are best friends to men and are inseparable in their hearts.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by desgiezd(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2011
Its a big sign of declining fortunes. He should just quit politics and face international affairs where he still has a big clout!
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by SegzyJoe(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2011
So many jobless youth on this forum. It baffles me how they get so much time talking about OBJ, a man that has seen it all - a full General, Federal minister, war hero, Chief of General Staff Spreme Hq, Head of State, President (twice), PDP BOT, head of many Int'l delegation among others yet, some youth who should be busy with their life if ever they could make it to be a commissional of LGA Chairmen in their states find it so easy to run their mouth on Nairaland.

My Advice to all OBJ haters, the man has come , has seen and has conquered. Some of you should just strive to be 10% of what the man OBJ is today and you will be the star of your family instead of come here runing your mouth against a man who is the envy of many go getters.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by gernded(m): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2011
I LOVE OBJ DIE BUT HE MUST APOLOGIZE TO IGBOS BEFORE THINGS WILL START WORKING FOR HIM AGAIN,
HE OPPOSED IGBO SPEAKER SHIP AND TRYING TO IMPOSE OHAKIM TO IMOLITE'S.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by FlyboyZee: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
OBJ! OBJ!! OBJ!!!
Whether we lyk it or not, he has paid his dues. Be it bad or good, he has left marks even some of us can never dream of. I don't lyk him personally, but, what do U say of a man, who was a gallant soldier that fought in his country's only Civil war, became a president and still dictates to the current crop of politicians even from his farm after his presidency (I don't think we have another person lyk that in Nigeria). My father never achieved a meagre 1/100 of that. I think OBJ has done much and should be revered. Just my 5 Cents anyway.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Epiphany(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
I dont think we need to worry about OBJs fate. The man is extremely cunning and unpredictable and is likely to pull something out of his hat anytime. Like someone has said, the man has 'seen it all' and has reached the peak of his career in all respects. A General, President, head of international delegations. . . etc. What more can a man do to prove to all that he is not a pushover?

EVEN if he dies now, he has lived the life that millions of people worldwide will not live in two lifetimes
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by omodapson(m): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
Obj is an achiever!!! Whether he is losing popularity or not, he remains a legend and his place can never be wiped out in the political circle of Nigeria. Take it or leave it!
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by oderemo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2011
O.P.N go back to his operation feed the nation.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by oladayo042: 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
chigo4u:

and on and on
Lmao btw.
I still dey laugh oooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
ignominy
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Odunnu: 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
I knew you'l find your way here. Lol.
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Cos we would need a new love nest for me and you where we wont be disturbed by those Okoro-Ngbatic people
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Odunnu: 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
You mean the okoro ngbatics phocking on the www cyber h-airways?
Mu he hee he he
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by kasiem(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
Undergoing the same fate with OUK and CHIMARAOKE
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by kasiem(m): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by kasiem(m): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by kasiem(m): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Mwankpy: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2011
Obasanjo was a political leper before his northern masters sent him to jail. Prison did not reform him. Rather, he came out more hardened and troubled the nation with his reckless greed and abuse of power. He is genuinely despised and that is why whatever he touches turns to dust. The evil that men do lives after them, as Mrak Anthony wisely observed in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and Obasanjo is alive to see posterity's judgement of him. When I heard him grovel: "Amosun is my son" my answer was mschewwww! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
Modasuccka, should return back to his farm, enough is enough  angry angry
Re: Whats The Fate Of Obasanjo Now? by juman(m): 8:05am On Jun 09, 2011
Fate of 74 years old man??

He should be preparing himself to become next governor of his state or a senator in 2015.

(1) (Reply)

A Muder Suspect Appointed As A Commisioner In Delta State! / African Nations Reject Africom Except Liberia / Audu To Buy Limousines For All First Class Chiefs In Kogi If Elected.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.