Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? (14122 Views)

How Much Can A Petrol Station Manager Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bankyshinani(m): 5:38am On Nov 15, 2021
I am a graduate of chemical engineering. I have some years experience as a chemical engineer in ethanol refining process and as well the beverage industry. So,I was sacked by the ethanol refinery due to something I know nothing about and I am presently working as a petrol station manager which I worked 2-days on and 2days off shift and earning a salary of 90k. Now ,the ethanol refinery just called me that they still need my service and the work routine is 2days morning,2days night and 2days off... I am to make the decision between now and monday....
That's why I need urgent advice from wiser and more enlightened people on this platform....
Please,I need a fast response because i don't want to make a decision that I will later regret

3 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by ignis: 5:41am On Nov 15, 2021
Na where una dey see all these jobs abeg?

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by jackmartial(m): 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
My brother go back to the ethanol refinery job Sir, there is a career there and the experience will do you good in the future unlike the petrol station manager job.. thank you

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by inoki247: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
lol the two involves Chemical jus choose the type of Chemical wey u wan dey drink weda na petrol or the Ogogoro Ethanol.....

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
If you want to grow in your field then take the chemical engineering job

If you want to make more money especially by crooking and not grow professionally then take the gas station job

If you are marriageable and willing to have a career lady for a wife go for the chemical engineering job

But if you want to have girls to bang everyday without even spending money then be the gas station manager

The two jobs are ok depends what you want to achieve..
The later is even very lucrative especially now that fuel will soon sell for 345/ltr

If you eventually settle for the engineering job and then you find a lady to settle down with. Pls pls and pls monitor or clone her WhatsApp at least twice before saying "I do".
DM and I will hook you up..
Thank you too

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by seyz91(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
i wonder oo
ignis:
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Boogyman557: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by MRDEE01: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Filling station manager is this season that fuel scarcity is brewing and government is about removing subsidiary is lucrative.

Settle for the filling station manager

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by verybadmouth(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Make Una give me job sef na
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by bigdammyj: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ask your self
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Yankiss(m): 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
U didn't state ur salary at the ethanol refinery. But please go back there. Filling station manager is not good careerwise. The chem. Eng. Job will boost ur profile for better jobs. QED

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
ignis:

Jobs dey na

Depends on where your eye dey go

3 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by swaqq(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Can’t you do both jobs

7 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Oooops: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
You can do anything you want, you can achieve all your dreams if you only believe...
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bankyshinani:
I am a graduate of chemical engineering. I have some years experience as a chemical engineer in ethanol refining process and as well the beverage industry. So,I was sacked by the ethanol refinery due to something I know nothing about and I am presently working as a petrol station manager which I worked 2-days on and 2days off shift and earning a salary of 90k. Now ,the ethanol refinery just called me that they still need my service and the work routine is 2days morning,2days night and 2days off... I am to make the decision between now and monday....
That's why I need urgent advice from wiser and more enlightened people on this platform....
Please,I need a fast response because i don't want to make a decision that I will later regret
How much are you gonna get paid in the ethanol company??

5 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Authoreety: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
Filing
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by FalseProphet1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
Going back to the chemical company is like accepting back a cheating partner, I see them sacking you again in future.

This I have seen.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Oxtertee(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
My simple advice is that you should return to a job that has prospect, which is the ethanol factory. I have worked as a fuel station supervisor before, na case dey end filling station work.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bellotelli: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
How.much is the ethanol paying

3 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Powersurge: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bankyshinani:

Filling station mananger (though you fit dey see money there) does not constitutes a tangible career path. By the way, have they acknowledged that they were wrong for sacking you and ready to pay damages? How much is your salary in this ethanol company?

11 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by AbuAeesha: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
ethanol=C2H5OH=alcohol=intoxicant
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Bakbillz44(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
But u no talk how much dem dey pay for the ethanol refinery now... How you want make I come advise you

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
sad
Abeg stay for your filling station work jorrh angry.

What if you return to that ethanol company and you later end up being sacked again? undecided.

Na who accept me during the time of my predicament I go respect pass for this life angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by DoctorDree(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lol
Unless the salary of the ethanol company is stated you can’t be advised

8 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by wallrichy: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Even though both are chemicals....please go for chemical engineering job and remain at peace for now....Buhari never commot subsidy, so no tipping for fuel station for now....
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by spy24(m): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Go and build your career at that ethanol company

With time you can apply for better jobs with your improved CV

2 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by captainamiedi1: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
depends on what you want in life. I have done low paying jobs just for me to gather experience and it's paying off. It all depends on you and what you want.

2 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by MISSNORA(f): 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Both
Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by miraclea: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
The refining job is better but be sure they won't sack you for what you knows nothing about again check out for job security first good luck

5 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Think9ja(m): 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
So many dumb threads on nairaland front page these days.

Wtf is going on?

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
U didn't state your salary at their other company,
U were sacked for something u knew nothing about and now they are calling u back. U gat to man up,

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? by Skillsnigeria: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Tips To Help You Escape A Sack Letter When You Can’t Do The Job / Things To Do At The Start Of Every Work Day / FG Moves To Enforce ‘No Work, No Pay’ Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.