Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? (29073 Views)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nothing concern me with una eNaira

1 Like

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Jaymoney5000(m): 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mtcheeew
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by OgunkeelAllMod: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
erubbish you mean undecided
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Onnasucs1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
moscobabs:
I have not but my friend wired some money into his E-Naira wallet. Just like PayPal
wired it from where?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by RotrEmmanuel: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Dialpad:
People do not trust the government, that's a sad fact. With a country of over 100 million, less than 200k have downloaded the app, that tells you, the government has a lot of work to do.

Please we are over 200million.

You are still Correct though. �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by AyeMoJuba: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Dialpad:
People do not trust the government, that's a sad fact. With a country of over 100 million, less than 200k have downloaded the app, that tells you, the government has a lot of work to do.

Those 200k are old and haggard Fulani gworo chewing men

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Spaldino(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
For wetin na. Money wey you no fit withdraw for ATM. To buy something from someone the person must have the enaira wallet too, for peer to peer transaction.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Kirkman: 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
Iliveforever:
Even the CBN executives wey create app, cash out on top am, dn forget say app still Dey exists grin grin grin

And pls someone should warn Gtbank to stop asking me to transact with enaira on a daily basis. I’m tired
Bro I tire pass you sef. The thing weak me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by haconjy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
As a Nigerian, I downloaded it.
But as Yoruba, I never use it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by LaconicINC: 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
enaira abi enonsense! use something that Buhari launched? no be me and you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by etenyong(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
I downloaded the app, registered and linked with my GTB account.

Trying to find the e naira wallet is the problem cos I don't know how to make the transfer to the wallet. I will be grateful if anyone can enlighten me on how to go about it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by moscobabs(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
Onnasucs1:
wired it from where?
grin You are used to scam. He actually wired it from his GTB account

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by adioolayi(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Banks mobile App is a direct competitor....Banks won't abandon their apps to push FGN's own...unless their is an incentive for doing so.

Banks did helped the CBN to publicise the eNaira app...after the launch... nothing...They have all left the app to rot.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by DLuciano: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don't even think of downloading how more using it. I fear anything from this government, always end up in shambles or scam and nowhere to complain to... your hard earnings go zap just like that shocked shocked
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sultty:
e be like this op dey ment, so u are asking me if I have downloaded failure and used it for transaction Even if dey dash me 1TB data I'll be d last person to download bubus' failure
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by lurvy: 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
I honestly do not see any advantage of using that e-naira or whatever it is called... I pay for services online, including flight tickets via my ATM card or use flutterwave, etc...
so i'm yet to see the advantage, I wonder why the CBN man even compared it to crypto when this e-naira cannot be traded like crypto..
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Onnasucs1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
moscobabs:
grin You are used to scam. He actually wired it from his GTB account
lol I'm not actually.

As I saw "just like paypal" I actually thought that the E-naira has started cross border transactions.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by LaconicINC: 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
Iliveforever:
Even the CBN executives wey create app, cash out on top am, dn forget say app still Dey exists grin grin grin

And pls someone should warn Gtbank to stop asking me to transact with enaira on a daily basis. I’m tired
I had to mark gtb as spam because of this

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
It's a waste of space. It's going to end up in the dust bin

1 Like

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by JOemmy(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
I have downloaded the app but couldn't fund it because my access bank app haven't enabled the enaira functions.
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by angelfallz(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
I was open to using the e-naira wallet. But due to the failure of getting the email activation link, I have lost interest.
My email that i have been using for more than 15years, is what i used for my BVN. After contacting CBN via facebook(the complaint i sent through email, they are yet to reply) to lodge my complaint on not getting the activation link in my email, they said I should meet my bank to review the email I used for BVN.
Me I don't have time for that. My email that I used for BVN is 100000% correct, anything BVN I have closed that chapter long ago.

**Added**
The banks' mobile apps are in direct competition with the e-naira wallet. Just like some people have mentioned previously, there is no use for the e-naira wallet.

I would rather the CBN pushes and encourages the use of NQR. Right now, individuals can not generate their own unique QR codes. So that is an area to improve on. It is only merchants that can generate their own QR codes using the NQR merchant app.
The NQR from NIBSS is actually very innovative and when used to its full potential, can drastically reduce the use of paper money in Nigeria.
In China where the use of QR codes for payments is extremely high, the Chinese central bank have been threatening businesses that refuse to accept paper money from the few customers that dont use the QR codes grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Ijaya123: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
IMASTEX:
We don't remember that existed until you brought this post to refresh our memories. Don't worry we will also forget about it after commenting. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Exactly why I brought up the topic. grin grin
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by googlepikins: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
That enaira is worthless and useless.

It's just a wallet nothing special.

Same thing Paga has been doing for years now
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by simplesearch: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
DLuciano:
I don't even think of downloading how more using it. I fear anything from this government, always end up in shambles or scam and nowhere to complain to... your hard earnings go zap just like that shocked shocked

Sincerely what's the difference? Wired from GTB acct to e-naira wallet! Isn't what in his GTB account before wiring e-naira? So wiring e-naira from gtb acct to e-naira wallet, no difference at all except the price of e-naira is higher than conventional currency price.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Ijaya123: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
Dialpad:

The government has serious trust issue with the people. Quite unfortunate.
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by sinkhole: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
I put 500naira inside, come withdraw the 500naira back into my account! That is all I have been able to do with the eNaira so far grin
Abeg, I no try?

1 Like

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by jedisco(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
angelfallz:
I was open to using the e-naira wallet. But due to the failure of getting the email activation link, I have lost interest.
My email that i have been using for more than 15years, is what i used for my BVN. After contacting CBN via facebook(the complaint i sent through email, they are yet to reply) to lodge my complaint on not getting the activation link in my email, they said I should meet my bank to review the email I used for BVN.
Me I don't have time for that. My email that I used for BVN is 100000% correct, anything BVN I have closed that chapter long ago.

On the updated version of the app you can manually input your email while registering

1 Like

Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by mmsen: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
Still don't know why I would use this and not my bank apps or cryptocurrency.
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by Ijaya123: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
My bank app serves me better, enaira has a transaction limit of 50k per day, my bank gives me 1m transaction limit per day.

I see enaira becoming history before the end of this year.

This I have seen.

This is my take exactly. I can’t see what the eNaira can do that my bank app can’t do, even more.
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by havenz(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Na person way get money for account na em know waiting be e-₦aira, na only e-money dey my head.
Re: Have You Used The E-naira For Any Transaction? by orikoku: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
Just for keeping money purpose alone. No any other things one can do with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gtbank Vs Innoson At The Supreme Court: What Really Happened / CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips / First Bank Ado-ekiti On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.