Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? (14678 Views)

Has Anyone Received Offer Letter From Teach For Nigeria (TFN) / Vital Information Must Be In Your Offer Letter Before You Accept It. / Before You Sign That Offer Letter – PART I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Penflame(m): 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good day!

I am a graduate who just passed out of service last month, I got a Graphic/Web Designer job with an airline ticketing agency in my state of deployment while still in service. According to my employer, the company is just coming up (I saw "Established in 1992" outside the office) and so he pleaded to be paying me ₦20,000 per month. I agreed, because I wasn't done with service and also because I need an extra source of income.

Fast forward to month end, the man paid me ₦15,000 without remorse, he only said the company is not generating much income yet. He paid the same amount the following month, and I complained to the Admin Manager, I don't know if she informed him.

On the third month, he paid ₦17,000 and was even expecting me to come and thank him for the extra ₦2,000.

This is a company that I have laboured so much for just within the 3 months of working there. I designed a website for the company, even though the Director refused to fund the domain, I made sure the company is visible and accessible in social media networks, I put the company's location up in Google map.

He was even giving me tasks that doesn't relate to my role to do, tasks like switching on the generator, typing correspondences and documents, etc.

Just early this month, I worked up to the Director in his office and requested for an offer letter (at least, that will show he really employed me and I will be able to see my job role and how much he will be paying me), he promised to work on it and he has not done anything about it up till now.

Now, I am done with service and the whole thing is becoming worse in the office, but still he will be saying he wants me and my skills.

Please what should I do? Because I am really getting fed up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by xpressionx(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Don't go where you are not valued.
From your narrative, you are not there to learn,rather you are deploying your potentials.

If he doesn't show you he needs you by doing the obvious,take a walk.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Bola146(f): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Quit please

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Davash222(m): 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
N15K weekly or daily

8 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Penflame(m): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
Davash222:
N15K weekly or daily

Monthly o embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by EbukaHades10(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
If you don't have something else doing, you can apply for other jobs while you stay here for now.

Still on still, dey remind am about the offer letter.

If e too choke you, japa.

With all what you have done for the company through your skills, you should get a better offer in no time.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by obumsway(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:

15 k monthly ? Abeg commot from there abi they tie your cord for the office ? Haba ......

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Osibajo2023: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
15k monthly, you better leave the Job, and learn affiliate marketing, u get *10 in a month sometimes, though not much sometimes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by bigdammyj: 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Okay
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by FalseProphet1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Your boss is using your glory to progress, if you complete one year in that place, you'll find it very difficult to leave regardless of the peanuts he gives you at the end of the month, cos he would have succeeded in tying you down there spiritually.

This I have seen.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Koni koni Boss.

Be careful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by JackDaAlienz(m): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ok
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
lipsrsealed
That's the Problem with working for other people...... They'll be making profits off your sweat undecided

Na the major reason why I stop bakery work be this...By January next year,once my keke don reach my hand, ehennnnnnnn,I go cor first breathe...Na then I go cor know say YES I don pay my dues by tolerating all the nonsense wey all my former employers make me pass through undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by AbuAeesha: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
be patient while vigorously searching for a better option
this kind sufferness go become history one day as long as we live
those telling u to "quit" ask what do they have in store for you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:

You are wasting your life away.....

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Boogyman557: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by emmyN(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Resign
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by wallrichy: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
As a graphic designer and a graduate for that matter. You are more valuable than mere 20k....don't let him lower your hustle....please quickly change that arena.....you can even be an independent online graphic designer and still make more than that in a month...

8 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
Davash222:
N15K weekly or daily

You can Just Imagine, I use to collect that awful salary like 10years ago when I was still a ssce holder and you can Imagine how Nigeria was okay then compared to now. Nigeria Is truly finished.....

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by johnnypumpum(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
some ppl ar wicked after all you hav gone thru school and on the street.... somebody will be paying 15k a mnth.......chai....najia watin the happen.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Omicron007: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
Koni koni Boss.

Be careful

What happened to your akant?
Has it been banned grin

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by eliok(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Why search for a better option?

Why not create one?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Karleb(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Quit that thrash!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Candidlady: 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
20k/mnth! Mehn i dont work and i spend more than that in a week!!

this country na rubbish!!

folks spend over 100k on lunch!

<<offer letter for 20k jab, dont tell me your boss asked for your CV/AL>>

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by truthCoder: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
H
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by thaoriginator: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
angry

Go back and collect it by all means
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Powersurge: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

I am a graduate who just passed out of service last month, I got a Graphic/Web Designer job with an airline ticketing agency in my state of deployment while still in service. According to my employer, the company is just coming up (I saw "Established in 1992" outside the office) and so he pleaded to be paying me ₦20,000 per month. I agreed, because I wasn't done with service and also because I need an extra source of income.

Fast forward to month end, the man paid me ₦15,000 without remorse, he only said the company is not generating much income yet. He paid the same amount the following month, and I complained to the Admin Manager, I don't know if she informed him.

On the third month, he paid ₦17,000 and was even expecting me to come and thank him for the extra ₦2,000.

This is a company that I have laboured so much for just within the 3 months of working there. I designed a website for the company, even though the Director refused to fund the domain, I made sure the company is visible and accessible in social media networks, I put the company's location up in Google map.

He was even giving me tasks that doesn't relate to my role to do, tasks like switching on the generator, typing correspondences and documents, etc.

Just early this month, I worked up to the Director in his office and requested for an offer letter (at least, that will show he really employed me and I will be able to see my job role and how much he will be paying me), he promised to work on it and he has not done anything about it up till now.

Now, I am done with service and the whole thing is becoming worse in the office, but still he will be saying he wants me and my skills.

Please what should I do? Because I am really getting fed up.

To slap you dey hungry me. You dey work with IT skills for 20k? You no well o!

9 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Authoreety: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
No
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Skillsnigeria: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by chloride6: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Guy,

You dey make me laugh seriously for here....

Nawa ooh...

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Candidlady:
20k/mnth! Mehn i dont work and i spend more than that in a week!!

this country na rubbish!!

folks spend over 100k on lunch!

<<offer letter for 20k jab, dont tell me your boss asked for your CV/AL>>

I tell you, that's probably a daily Wage for a "Factory Worker" In some western nations.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NAF DSSC Recruitment / Ikeja Electric Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Please, Who Else Received This Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.