Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? (14710 Views)

Has Anyone Received Offer Letter From Teach For Nigeria (TFN) / Vital Information Must Be In Your Offer Letter Before You Accept It. / Before You Sign That Offer Letter – PART I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by truthCoder: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
You don’t have a job yet. Use the office internet to search for a good job.

You can also use the internet to watch YouTube videos to improve your skills.

When you get a good job, you wont need to beg them before they even bring letters and id card to you. They will even print business cards for you free of charge.

Na job wey dey take home you should be looking for now.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by onuwaje(m): 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

I am a graduate who just passed out of service last month, I got a Graphic/Web Designer job with an airline ticketing agency in my state of deployment while still in service. According to my employer, the company is just coming up (I saw "Established in 1992" outside the office) and so he pleaded to be paying me ₦20,000 per month. I agreed, because I wasn't done with service and also because I need an extra source of income.

Fast forward to month end, the man paid me ₦15,000 without remorse, he only said the company is not generating much income yet. He paid the same amount the following month, and I complained to the Admin Manager, I don't know if she informed him.

On the third month, he paid ₦17,000 and was even expecting me to come and thank him for the extra ₦2,000.

This is a company that I have laboured so much for just within the 3 months of working there. I designed a website for the company, even though the Director refused to fund the domain, I made sure the company is visible and accessible in social media networks, I put the company's location up in Google map.

He was even giving me tasks that doesn't relate to my role to do, tasks like switching on the generator, typing correspondences and documents, etc.

Just early this month, I worked up to the Director in his office and requested for an offer letter (at least, that will show he really employed me and I will be able to see my job role and how much he will be paying me), he promised to work on it and he has not done anything about it up till now.

Now, I am done with service and the whole thing is becoming worse in the office, but still he will be saying he wants me and my skills.

Please what should I do? Because I am really getting fed up.

If u nor run

Dem go run u Street

My former employers said the same before i know 2 months salary of 6 figures still unpaid since May..

I leave them with the money

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Akwaibom1stlady(f): 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
Resign na....its a job not a marriage contract.

Open box iPhone 12 pro.max for sale. New! Call 0.70.3036.3986..or WhatsApp
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Candidlady: 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
Evolutionlove:

I tell you, that's probably a daily Wage for a "Factory Worker" In some western nations.....

really heartbreaking!!

in naija now its either you are poor or rich no average class again!! One will work like elephant and chow like ant!!

"if hardwork truly makes you rich, the donkey will be king in the animal kingdom"
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Annie001: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
aribisala0:
You are an ingrate.
You better go and apologize and beg him.
You that should be paying for the privilege of working there

Stop se be

Human beings sha....

Imagine
Who is this one?
Is everything okay at home

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by aribisala0(m): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Annie001:

Who is this one?
Is everything okay at home
It does not sound like that is the case in your home. Give a shout out we will try our best to help

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Nyanabo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
Inasmuch as you need the working experience, guy this is not the place for you.

My advice ? Take a bow.

I'm experiencing the same at my place of work. I graduated last year with computer science. Since this year, I normal move around to perform gigs for people who need my services. Around June I was called by a senior friend for MCC construction, that his boss needs someone urgently to setup a video-conferencing call the following day which was Monday and I needed to come that Sunday.

On getting there to this fine house I saw there were struggling to make a PowerPoint presentation which I ended up doing for them from the scratch. I was given 2k for 'transport' hoping to come the following morning to make sure everything was fine during the conference meeting then I would be paid.

Fast forward after the meeting the CEO of the company called and said he like the way I handled everything and how I dressed smartly and asked if I was employed which I said no. He offered me the position of the IT guy which I wanted to declined but I needed working experience so bad I had to accept (we didn't discuss salary structure) but he started paying me 20k per month from the second month. I go to work by 8am close by 6pm on a good day and 10pm on a bad day. My job description now includes doing research projects for the kids (though I love the kids on a personal level because they are respectful so it doesn't matter) and all other little jobs around.

I'm just waiting to be deployed so I can use it as an excuse to quit.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Samcoflex75(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Osibajo2023:
15k monthly, you better leave the Job, and learn affiliate marketing, u get *10 in a month sometimes, though not much sometimes

Tell me more about this
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by AfroKnight: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame, I hope you realise that the only reason your were able to survive on that 17k salary was because of your NYSC allowance. Stay there for one month while applying for jobs in your previous state of residence.

IMPORTANT: You should not reward shady employers with loyalty. They do not deserve your service.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Algold: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

I am a graduate who just passed out of service last month, I got a Graphic/Web Designer job with an airline ticketing agency in my state of deployment while still in service. According to my employer, the company is just coming up (I saw "Established in 1992" outside the office) and so he pleaded to be paying me ₦20,000 per month. I agreed, because I wasn't done with service and also because I need an extra source of income.

Fast forward to month end, the man paid me ₦15,000 without remorse, he only said the company is not generating much income yet. He paid the same amount the following month, and I complained to the Admin Manager, I don't know if she informed him.

On the third month, he paid ₦17,000 and was even expecting me to come and thank him for the extra ₦2,000.

This is a company that I have laboured so much for just within the 3 months of working there. I designed a website for the company, even though the Director refused to fund the domain, I made sure the company is visible and accessible in social media networks, I put the company's location up in Google map.

He was even giving me tasks that doesn't relate to my role to do, tasks like switching on the generator, typing correspondences and documents, etc.

Just early this month, I worked up to the Director in his office and requested for an offer letter (at least, that will show he really employed me and I will be able to see my job role and how much he will be paying me), he promised to work on it and he has not done anything about it up till now.

Now, I am done with service and the whole thing is becoming worse in the office, but still he will be saying he wants me and my skills.

Shut down the website u build and run for your life. 15k 17k, na money. My guy run as far as your leg can take u... If they need u let them do it on a contract basic. They will over labor you till you grow grey hair
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Enter freelance is going to hard in the beginning but it will be worth it, that 20k is what house cleaners earn per month

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by themanderon: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
You must never go near a company where you are not offered any terms of service on paper. Such are only out to use you and dump at will.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Ijaya123: 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
aribisala0:
You are an ingrate.

Stop se be

Human beings sha....

Imagine

You

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Kajaard: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:

Monthly o embarassed embarassed

20k monthly is slavery bro. If you are on your own as a graphic designer you can make triple that as a start. Don't stay where you are not valued.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Kajaard: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
aribisala0:
You are an ingrate.

Stop se be

Human beings sha....

Imagine

You have a poverty mindset.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
Jappa
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

That makes it easy to leave, make extra copies of your CV
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Jaqenhghar: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That's the Problem with working for other people...... They'll be making profits off your sweat undecided

Na the majority reason why I stop bakery work be this...By January next year,once my keke don reach my hand, ehennnnnnnn,I go cor first breathe...Na then I go cor know say YES I don pay my dues by tolerating all the nonsense wey all my former employers make me pass through undecided
In Niggeria you mean. This happens in Niggeroa because you guys are too docile. Someone is paying you means the person is God almighty who will call you in the middle of the night to do useless chores.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Akabuking: 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

you have talent, you should be valued. Quit and explore the world.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by GistFullGround: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

Document your travails & head to the JUSTICE COURT, where Judge Funmi will deal with him!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by UTILITYMAY(m): 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

Are you in Lagos?
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Optimistme: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

Look for another place fast and leave without notice. That's the outcome of not having appointment letter. Your boss is selfish.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Igboland: 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
You are a clown leave the job simple

Penflame:
Good day!

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Brunicekid(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:

Monthly o embarassed embarassed
20k monthly is a very little pay, compared to the value you are offering.

In life, trust God, up-skill yourself, put a value on yourself FIRST, and then people will value you.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Bikky302(f): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
People like that won't give you offer letter because they know they're not paying you the standard pay- minimum wage atleast. It could be used against them in court, so they won't give you.

Best thing is to look for another Job. That's not somewhere you want to stay

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by DWJOBScom(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

Leave the job
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Nitrofx: 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bro from you narration I can tell you are good at what you do. Then Goto www.crossover.com or www.upwork.com or www.fiverr.com and search for remote jobs from the first two or use Fiverr to remotely offer this same service to several people remotely. You can even create a company of your own that is into digital services. In a place like Abuja there are places where you can have shared office space with steady light and internet for as low as 30k - 50k monthly, you can look for such shared space in your state and use as your own office space. You will earn more from those sites working remotely than wasting your talent in that company.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by slimjohn2k5: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
Stage and throw your net out.

Get a job before taking a walk.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by aribisala0(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kajaard:

You have a poverty mindset.
It is your mouth if you like use it to empty a septic tank
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by freesoul12: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Leave dat fucking job.. If ure sure of ur skills.. Im sure one month is enough for u to start getting job via freelancing.. Urs is to know how to set up ur account.. Note im not a tutor o.. But i have earned alot through freelancing. Rendering service dat doesnt really require skills.. Set up ur gig.. I will help u with others freely. U can learn other skills like Cybersecurity via tryhackme/king. U can watsap me on zero 8 0 six 2 402552 ..
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ISelectMySins: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That's the Problem with working for other people...... They'll be making profits off your sweat undecided

Na the majority reason why I stop bakery work be this...By January next year,once my keke don reach my hand, ehennnnnnnn,I go cor first breathe...Na then I go cor know say YES I don pay my dues by tolerating all the nonsense wey all my former employers make me pass through undecided

How much did you budget for the keke?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Organization For Migration (IOM) Job Recruitment (11 Openings) / NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.