Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? (14690 Views)

Has Anyone Received Offer Letter From Teach For Nigeria (TFN) / Vital Information Must Be In Your Offer Letter Before You Accept It. / Before You Sign That Offer Letter – PART I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Depressed101: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
xpressionx:
Don't go where you are not valued.
From your narrative, you are not there to learn,rather you are deploying your potentials.

If he doesn't show you he needs you by doing the obvious,take a walk.
louder shocked
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
ISelectMySins:

How much did you budget for the keke?
The least 80k...still hustling to get the other 20k to complete 100k
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by radna2: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
I just start to dey learn programming today, with wetin I know today, I no go charge 20k o. Js leave d work
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by sabreal: 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
Given the kind of company, it's not a company worth during for.

It rather make life easy for. Because when the letter comes, yoour salary will not increase.

Just be patient. Do not fight anybody. Build relationship.
As it is, you are not expected to give any number of days of resignations; it means you can Aldo use mouth to resign with respect.

The truth is that you have not seen job. Just turn them to opportunities for practical works

Don't worry, he is the one that would loose.

Penflame:
Good day!

I am a graduate who just passed out of service last month, I got a Graphic/Web Designer job with an airline ticketing agency in my state of deployment while still in service. According to my employer, the company is just coming up (I saw "Established in 1992" outside the office) and so he pleaded to be paying me ₦20,000 per month. I agreed, because I wasn't done with service and also because I need an extra source of income.

Fast forward to month end, the man paid me ₦15,000 without remorse, he only said the company is not generating much income yet. He paid the same amount the following month, and I complained to the Admin Manager, I don't know if she informed him.

On the third month, he paid ₦17,000 and was even expecting me to come and thank him for the extra ₦2,000.

This is a company that I have laboured so much for just within the 3 months of working there. I designed a website for the company, even though the Director refused to fund the domain, I made sure the company is visible and accessible in social media networks, I put the company's location up in Google map.

He was even giving me tasks that doesn't relate to my role to do, tasks like switching on the generator, typing correspondences and documents, etc.

Just early this month, I worked up to the Director in his office and requested for an offer letter (at least, that will show he really employed me and I will be able to see my job role and how much he will be paying me), he promised to work on it and he has not done anything about it up till now.

Now, I am done with service and the whole thing is becoming worse in the office, but still he will be saying he wants me and my skills.

Please what should I do? Because I am really getting fed up.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ojjp: 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Osibajo2023:
15k monthly, you better leave the Job, and learn affiliate marketing, u get *10 in a month sometimes, though not much sometimes

Can u teach me affiliate marketing?
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ISelectMySins: 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
The least 80k...still hustling to get the other 20k to complete 100k

You would not get a fairly used keke for 200k. At a point, I even begged for 250k, but I wasn't given. It starts from 300k and above here in Jigawa and down south would be more expensive. Quote me when you do.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by tosaino95(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
In this life it take only courage and confidence with willing to risk person to be successful although am not successful yet, but am taking the steps one after the others to reach there. and OP i think you should just do the same thing because i was once 25K per month earner later 35K and later 38K but now 50K with some side money which accumulate to 70K or 80K monthly.
Find a better place you might scared or thinking it will be hard for you see, yes it would be hard but it will worth it.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
ISelectMySins:

You would not get a fairly used keke for 200k. At a point, I even begged for 250k, but I wasn't given. It starts from 300k and above here in Jigawa and down south would be more expensive. Quote me when you do.
It's actually a higher purchase keke that micro banks do give out to be paid installmentally in a year interval.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by sonssyo: 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

I am a graduate who just passed out of service last month, I got a Graphic/Web Designer job with an airline ticketing agency in my state of deployment while still in service. According to my employer, the company is just coming up (I saw "Established in 1992" outside the office) and so he pleaded to be paying me ₦20,000 per month. I agreed, because I wasn't done with service and also because I need an extra source of income.

Fast forward to month end, the man paid me ₦15,000 without remorse, he only said the company is not generating much income yet. He paid the same amount the following month, and I complained to the Admin Manager, I don't know if she informed him.

On the third month, he paid ₦17,000 and was even expecting me to come and thank him for the extra ₦2,000.

This is a company that I have laboured so much for just within the 3 months of working there. I designed a website for the company, even though the Director refused to fund the domain, I made sure the company is visible and accessible in social media networks, I put the company's location up in Google map.

He was even giving me tasks that doesn't relate to my role to do, tasks like switching on the generator, typing correspondences and documents, etc.

Just early this month, I worked up to the Director in his office and requested for an offer letter (at least, that will show he really employed me and I will be able to see my job role and how much he will be paying me), he promised to work on it and he has not done anything about it up till now.

Now, I am done with service and the whole thing is becoming worse in the office, but still he will be saying he wants me and my skills.

When we searched for graphic designer for 5months with 80k pay and finally got one. Look for job elsewhere,I know you are in Lagos where there are potentials

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by zubinike(m): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

He wants a cheap labour. Just resign and make yourself useful elsewhere. Your values matters more
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by NLPoliceWoman: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
Omicron007:

What happened to your akant?
Has it been banned grin
Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 1
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by femi4: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

1. He's taking advantage of you.

2. He's taking you for granted

3. It's time to quit to show him that you know your worth.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Omicron007: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
[s]
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 1
[/s]

Shioor grin

You will mention and get tired.
This forum has enjoyed relative peace and tranquility ever since your account was banned.

Meanwhile, Boko Haram are in firm control of at least eight communities in Shiroro LGA of Niger state.
What do you have to say about that?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Osibajo2023: 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
ojjp:

Can u teach me affiliate marketing?
The registration fees is expensive, but I can give you free materials (video and audio) that you can learn with
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ariesbull: 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Dude.... Experience Matters here..you are a greenhorn

But insist on offer letter if they don't have it....find exit strategy
Penflame:
Good day!

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Exczz: 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Why
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Dabliss02(m): 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
They wanted to turn you to four man job.
Leave God will make a better way for you
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ISelectMySins: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
It's actually a higher purchase keke that micro banks do give out to be paid installmentally in a year interval.

Could you please explain in great detail. Which micro bank?
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Gkemz: 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
Your boss or CEO will use you, drain your abilities and discard you when they are done with you. After devoting your best, commitment you'd be served with a shocking sack letter simply because there are cheaper options to what you can offer.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Mishydoo(m): 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
Everyone started like this, pay your dues and work diligently to gain contact and favour. You will outgrow him naturally.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by dljbd1(m): 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

Exactly my experience between 2013 and 2014.
After my employer (1-man business) kept ignoring my request for an offer letter I stayed with the company but I began aggressive job hunt. It took some time though (about 9 months) to hit my dream job but the patience was worth it.
While I was with him I learnt all I could about bidding, and entrepreneurship - skills that became elemental to my career future.

Funny thing was he couldn't believe I landed the job when he heard of the firm. He underestimated me mehn. He was even claiming that I didn't have the right to attend interviews without his knowledge...SHU! Me who knows what I want in my life!!!
He ranted that day mehn...I just stood without saying a word. Afterall I don get the job, wetin you wan do me now.

Come to think of it...I think his pain was because he just paid me like 2 days earlier grin
I purposely waited till I got my money before informing him.
Coincidentally, I never had an offer letter so there was no resignation letter required. HAhahahahha
After he cooled down he told me to get ready that we were going out. I just told him ok...as soon as I left his office, I went to my desk, dropped all the company's properties and walked out majestically. I never saw him again and he never bothered to call me till today.

So my advise to you is if you have other choices leave...if not, stay there while throwing out your CVs and making all the necessary connections everywhere you go (including LinkedIn). Showcase your work on social media, talk it with your connects.
Surely, something good will line up for you soonest.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:27am On Nov 16, 2021
ISelectMySins:

Could you please explain in great detail. Which micro bank?
Wetland bank at warri,and macrod micro finance bank at ughelli,both of them do give out keke to people who apply by paying a fixed amount of money as a start up money....Then you'll be remitting 3k-3.5k on a daily basis for a period of 1 year.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Johel(m): 3:59am On Nov 16, 2021
Penflame:

Monthly o embarassed embarassed

Ah...say Wetin Na?...abeg quit the job...it's not worth it.
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ojjp: 6:41am On Nov 16, 2021
Osibajo2023:
The registration fees is expensive, but I can give you free materials (video and audio) that you can learn with

How do I get them?
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by pomide(m): 6:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Weird Person… already devaluing IT skills…. Collecting 17k per month and your designing website and stuff… ODE!
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by ISelectMySins: 8:21am On Nov 16, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Wetland bank at warri,and macrod micro finance bank at ughelli,both of them do give out keke to people who apply by paying a fixed amount of money as a start up money....Then you'll be remitting 3k-3.5k on a daily basis for a period of 1 year.

Atleast 21k weekly? Hmm. They make a lot off people unless you are going to tell me that the kekes are new?
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2021
ISelectMySins:

Atleast 21k weekly? Hmm. They make a lot off people unless you are going to tell me that the kekes are new?
Yeah,they are new keke
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by SocialJustice: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

For your mind you get job, you're just a casual worker that can be fired any time.

Tufiakwa! You are unemployed, looking for offer letter in casual work, job of SSCE holder. Na una dey join spoil this country with una desperation for job. cheesy
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2021
You better leave... Go where your skills are in high demand...
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by brave20: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2021
Penflame:
Good day!

op where is your location? Just tell me d state you reside
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Penflame(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Annie001:

Who is this one?
Is everything okay at home

Who the f*CK are you?
Do you know me from Adam?

Or are you related to my employer?

Show your du*my face... You pig!
Re: My Boss Indirectly Refused To Give Me An Offer Letter. What Should I Do? by Penflame(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2021
GistFullGround:

Document your travails & head to the JUSTICE COURT, where Judge Funmi will deal with him!

How can I go about this, please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please, Who Else Received This Message? / Pre Employment Medical Test / International Organization For Migration (IOM) Job Recruitment (11 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.