Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (51383 Views)

Poll: This is a serious matter. Whose side are you on?

Nigeria: 80% (294 votes)
Oprah Winfrey: 19% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Apc Gov Are Corrupt: Says Who????? / Every Nigerian Billionaire Is Corrupt, Says Former Minister Akinyemi / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Solozzo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
Oprah is really crazy to make such a generalisation about nigerians- that they ALL corrupt. Was it not a smilar staement made lightly by Obama about Philidelphians holding onto their guns and bibles , that cost him Philadelpha votes during the primaries in the USA last year? Such flippant statements are poor of her. The mugu who gave the naija man 500,000 dollars may have ua corrupt greedy and lawless American who was looking for easy money as well. We do have a lot of issues about corruption in naija but NOT ALL nigerians are corrupt. A lot of them are honest hard working people. We only have huge problems with leadership mainly because of poor understanding of what nationhood is about in the country and this can be rectified in time. How would she feel if just because of some black american criminals we say in CNN that all black americans are crimininals. She needs to retract the statement and make it up by showing some honest hard working nigerians in her show thus uplifting the image of the black race.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by jude33084(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2010
I dont think she is the diplomatic type. it is like saying that all moslems are terrorist.
She should have said so and see if her country can defend her. So she now knows over 140million Nigerians? Idiot!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by jude33084(m): 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2010
that means ALL black americans are gangsters, including Obama abi nor be so? two nuts just loose from her mendula if say na true post.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by jude33084(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ceasyc: someone made a comment abt u and says u shldnt bother to reply that she(bagard lizard) already knows what u r going to say. Is dat nt a polite insult on your part. And you r there nodding your head like agama lizard because u r addicted to her bleeping show.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ceasyc(f): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
jude33084:

I dont think she is the diplomatic type. it is like saying that all moslems are terrorist.
She should have said so and see if her country can defend her. So she now knows over 140million Nigerians? !

jude33084:

that means ALL black americans are gangsters, including Obama abi nor be so? two nuts just loose from her mendula if say na true post.

jude33084:

@ceasyc: someone made a comment abt u and says u shldnt bother to reply that she(bagard lizard) already knows what u r going to say. Is dat nt a polite insult on your part. And you r there nodding your head like agama lizard because u r addicted to her bleeping show.

a round of applause n a standing ovation. lol. guess u didnt read my posts or u cant read, eh? ANOTHER person/MUMU PICKING ON CEASYC AFTER HOW MANY YRS MONTHS? addicted my arse. r u from jupiter or pluto? @your post/highlighted above = LWKMD = back to sender.

havent visited hia 4 ages. insult ke insult ni. e reach where i dey? olorun maje oh. not at all at all. lol, got beta tins 2 do than waste time on ppl like u who just reply anyhow or do not want to know or find out d truth b4 replying. 9ja punch news link my arse. i gave genuine links to back mine up, where r u ppl's genuine link to back it up that "All Nigerians Are Corrupt, Says Oprah Winfrey"?

i guess u gats nutin beta to do so enjoy while it last cos as 4 me silence is d best answer given to a FOOLISH FOOL like u. more elbow greese tho mr jude33084 agama lizard abi na bagard lizard

i dey waste my time jo. seriously dude roflmfao @you. NEXT
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by douknow: 7:47am On Jan 19, 2011
How can Oprah use the criminal behaviour of some Nigerians to nail a Nation of 150 million people that is not been objective,will you now say bcs an American rapes that all americans are rapist,Oparah,you are a disapointment to the black race,no wonder,
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Litmus: 10:50am On Jan 19, 2011
Oprah Winfrey lied about her past:

relationship with John Tesh, a popular media personality and claims that the talk show host paid money to keep her lesbian affairs under wraps, The New York Post reported

The book also claims Oprah, 56, sold her body to earn extra money and has even described herself as a teen "prostitute" while her relatives claimed that a large part of her empire was built on manipulation.

It also stated that Oprah's claims of being very poor and having pet cockroaches are lies. One of her cousins Katherine Carr Esters described her as being slightly "spoilt."

"Where Oprah got that nonsense about growing up in filth and roaches I have no idea," Esters is quoted in the book. "I've confronted her and asked, 'Why do you tell such lies?' Oprah told me, 'That's what people want to hear. The truth is boring'," Esters added.

The book added that the man in Oprah's life, Stedman Graham, was not really her partner but rather a fixture to convince her audience that she was "normal".

"Oprah keeps Stedman around because she wants her audience to accept her as a normal woman with a man in her life, but from what I saw during those four years, I can tell you there's nothing there with Stedman. Nothing at all," James van Sweden, a landscape architect, who spent years working for the couple, said.

The tabloid also quoted Oprah's father, Vernon as saying, "She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth. So does God and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed," Vernon said.

you cant believe anything that Oprah says, she is a lier. This means African Americans are liers. Gosh,Obama is a lier? shocked On the other hand maybe Kitty Kelley is lying and her accusation is just part of the act of publicizing her book. This reminds me that a major part of publicity is pure exaggeration and lies. America is home to the best publicizing machinery in the world, which mean 99% Americans are liers.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by oncemirac: 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2011
what is curruption?,is just dat some of nigerians are over doing things dat why is like we are corrupt.is every were.opportunity make a thief. sad
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by IYANGBALI: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
opara winfrey ka da fun o lai
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by nairaman66(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2011
The Nigerian Government is so corrupt and loose that they couldnt give an immediate response to Opera Witchfrey's comments, Just wondering how she got must have gotten to where she is right now without her oiling the wheels at some point, Shame on you Oprah!!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by efisher(m): 9:36am On Apr 10, 2011
"Oprah Winfrey is deluded" says efisher angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by saint119: 9:45am On Apr 10, 2011
hin papa corrupt, hin mama corrupt, hin sef corrupt
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by texazzpete(m): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2011
I have no idea why you fools dragged up this old topic but your responses say a lot about your intellect.

FACT: Oprah NEVER made this statement. The Punch NEVER carried this story officially. The link in the OP was from a user submitted article on the Punch in which a punch reader claimed he heard Oprah make that statement. It's been proven that she never used those words.

Abeg make una let this topic die down. it is an embarrassing testament to ease with which Nigerians give themselves to knee-jerk reactions without even trying to do some rational thinking.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by aribisala0(m): 11:29am On Apr 10, 2011
how do intelligent people react to a rumor?
how to a mob react?
which are you?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by seco360: 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2011
All Whites "COWARDS"
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by davd: 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2011
It is not true that all Nigerians are corrupt, but majority are corrupt and not sincere. Let say about 90% of Nigerians are corrupt.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Blazay(m): 1:59am On Jun 05, 2011
Ooooooooooh! One of ma favorite threads!
Gooooooooo Oprah!
Madam Etteh-bolibo is a free woman! cheesy

I voted for Oprah again o! kiss
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 22, 2011
what a thread grin grin grin angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Chintua: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2011
Voting for Oprah again.
Abi poll don close?

Mu he he he he
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Areosapien(f): 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2011
Oh yes they are grin
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by BootyOnMe: 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2011
Even more corrupt than when Oprah made the so-called statement.
Nigerians keep proving her right!
Good job Oprah! kiss

Voted Oprah again! cool
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Mobinga: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
Personification of ignorance.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Ogahtech(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
Well, oprah na u get ur mouth. But Nigerians want lady oprah to know that. "All black americans are criminals and bunch of drugs adict. Irrespective of education, exposure or wealth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC / Photos Of A DPO Who Was Injured In Rivers During Today's Election / Buhari: Attack On NDA Can’t Dampen Morale Of Our Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.