Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,288 members, 7,853,361 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:14 PM

I Did Not Insult Buhari, Says Babangida Aliyu! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Insult Buhari, Says Babangida Aliyu! (543 Views)

Do Not Insult Buhari In Eid-el-maulud, Christmas - PDP / Babangida Aliyu Asked To Refund N3bn He Allegedly Looted From Niger / PDP Won’t Insult Buhari The Way APC Attacks Jonathan – Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Did Not Insult Buhari, Says Babangida Aliyu! by hakanai(m): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
I did not insult Buhari, says Babangida Aliyu

By Olu Jacob

June 7, 2011 12:19AM
Print print Email email Share Share

The governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu, who was reported to have called Muhammadu Buhari a bad leader, thus drawing the ire of the retired general, has denied making the statement.

Mr Aliyu, who was speaking at yesterday’s inauguration of the state lawmakers, said he had enormous respect for Mr Buhari, and the alleged insult was a figment of somebody’s imagination. He said he had never insulted the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progress Change as reported by a section of the media.

“I have a lot of respect for General Buhari as a former Nigerian leader and elder statesman; people misinterpreted my statement on him after the general election. I never insulted General Buhari,” the governor told the gathering which included the CPC chairman in the state, Umar Shuaibu, and three CPC legislators.

He accused some Nigerians of “twisting remarks” of public functionaries to satisfy their whims and caprices, and warned about the danger of such actions to the unity of the country.

Mr Aliyu had come under severe criticism from supporters of the former general after he was quoted in Jos, Plateau State, during a retreat organised for elected officials in the North Central geo political zone of the country to have said how lucky Nigerians were that Mr Buhari lost the April elections. He was allegedly making allusions to the violence that attended the polls in the north and the attendant agony.

Servants of the people

Mr Aliyu had, during yesterday’s event, admonished the new legislators not to use their powers to threaten his administration; rather, they should think of making good laws for the development of the state.

He advised them to consider themselves as servants of the people, not their masters, and remarked that it had been the cornerstone of his government this last four years. Mr Aliyu urged members to take great interest in their constituency projects and ensure that they are well executed.

Traditional rulers and prominent politicians were among the teeming supporters and relations of the elected lawmakers who attended the inauguration.

link:
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5711351-146/story.csp
Re: I Did Not Insult Buhari, Says Babangida Aliyu! by hakanai(m): 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

All them hating was false!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
the truth shall continue to prevail.the rumor mongers should hide there faces in shame!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Worth An Award In The Last Administration? / Okorocha Threatens To Dethrone Partisan Monarchs / S-east Govts, Ops Plan To Transform Region’s Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.