Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo (31174 Views)

A Case Of Serial Double Debits/attemtp Of Theft From My Account By Zenith Bank P / Nigerian Man Returns N98M Mistakenly Credited Into His Bank Account (Photo) / Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA Generate N24.3bn From Account Maintenance Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Healthybiz: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2021
smiley
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by syntekelite(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2021
I think its general ..someone i know was also debited yesterday,showing the same debit alert op posted except his was airtel ,by the way it was also first bank...
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by tetengi4life(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2021
jimmynauty:
Some days ago, I read how #200,000+ was stolen via recharge card. Yesterday I discovered #530 was deducted because It was deducted around 1:50am(

Action taken
1. Moved balance to non ATM enabled account.

2. Will change ATM at my bank.

It's not a fraud attack.
It's an accumulated USSD diduction of a period.
Lots of customers complain same today
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by stephenponti(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2021
Na Buhari cause am
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by BarrElChapo(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Mine was #149k last September 11th 2020
It still feels like I lost my soul mate.

Access Bank staff was just looking at me like cinema while I complain. All they did was point to a mallam rolling himself on the floor. He just lost 4m

So Al Qaeda struck again smiley.. So sorry for your loss just making light of the situation.

NIGERIA jaga jaga!
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Diffen: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Same FBN deducted ₦809.68 from my account this yesterday but got the SMS this morning. The painful part is that I didn't initiate any transaction. First Bank is used to this nonsense.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Diffen: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2021
Same FBN deducted ₦809.68 from my account this yesterday but got the SMS this morning. The painful part is that I didn't initiate any transaction. First Bank is used to this nonsense.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Osyxcel(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2021
jimmynauty:
Some days ago, I read how #200,000+ was stolen via recharge card. Yesterday I discovered #530 was deducted because It was deducted around 1:50am(

Action taken

The description includes MTN USSD SC i.e USSD Service Charge. That means you have been using USSD banking and the charges were accumulated.

3 Likes

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by siyeke2023(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2021
LMAO...
Ryda:
You for sensor the remaining 2,046.06 balance na angry

Rule no 1
Normalize having a bank account with no ATM card to avoid "had I known"
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Nlanalyst: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2021
tetengi4life:

It's not a fraud attack.
It's an accumulated USSD diduction of a period.
Lots of customers complain same today
But They charge per every USSD transaction na. They will even give you a prompt response of how much you are going to be charged for a particular transaction. Where is the accumulation coming from again?

5 Likes

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by PlayerMeji: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2021
And you think that is the only balance he will ever have?

Ryda:
You for sensor the remaining 2,046.06 balance na angry

Rule no 1
Normalize having a bank account with no ATM card to avoid "had I known"

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2021
Mine was 4700 from access bank... Funny aspect, I was still with my ATM card, but the debit alert read POS.

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by GerogeI(m): 10:56am On Nov 16, 2021
jimmynauty:

Action taken

If this is fraud, then they do not do this by ATM but USSD. They simply cloned your sim card and signed you up for mobile banking then tested to see if they can empty your account.

Best go to your bank immediately or just call the customer care to disable your phone number from all your accounts ( later visit a branch to ensure it was done). Only tell the bank that you were debited on USSD which you did not sign up for.

Go to your phone and setup sim card pin.
Peeps, never sign up for USSD or mobile banking, it's only as secure as your sim card not being cloned in Nigeria where Telcos do not give a dime about your security.

In EU every sim card has a PIN automatically set, but here the Telcos do not bother, even though it costs them nothing to activate Sim PIN

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by adonainana: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2021
Even if you dont have an ATM card
apparently, they can still clone your sim card and register you for USSD

And also USSD sometimes doesnt work unless you have an ATM card

But my best advice to anyone is to keep the money or big money that they dont want to ever lose to fraud into a POLARIS BUSINESS ACCOUNT

As the name depicts, its a terrible bank cos the polaris business account does not have USSD, no ATM

The only you can do anything on the acount is to be writing letter on a letter head every time

LIKE THERE is nothing you can do on a polaris business account without writing a letter on your business letter headed paper and going into the branch to give them

As funny as it sounds it means if you have 200 million in your account nobody can ever steal it cos of the extra wahala you have to go to to access money on the account

Also even if they cloned your letter headed paper and your signature and they went to any polaris bank on your behalf to try to withdraw your money, polaris will call your account officer you opened the account with to confirm the withdrawal grin grin if his number doesnt cal through thats it

Fam polaris business account na war
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Shezzman: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Really.
Why do you have Google.
elpochas:
Really?mine had my own number as the buyer of the recharge card,i neva did such transaction.FBN is my bank,pls if u use FBN pls can i have d customer care number.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by googlepikins: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Whobedatte:
Yesterday I recharged from my GT mobile app
Airtime voucher twice and was not credited till now
GTbank dey mad ,and I go show dem crazy today at their branch in new haven

Thank God I wasn't alone on this madness, just yesterday I purchased ₦2,500 Glo and I was debited but I didn't receive the card. I was really confused like what the hell did I do wrong. Now I have to go to GTBank now.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by vikiphy89(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2021
400 was debited from mine 2 days ago
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Andyvilly: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Access Bank staff was just looking at me like cinema while I complain. All they did was point to a mallam rolling himself on the floor. He just lost 4m
Guy your matter too funny die, I dey sympathize and laugh the same time

NIGERIA jaga jaga!
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by googlepikins: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2021
stephenponti:
Na Buhari cause am

Sorry we forgot to laugh at your dry joke

2 Likes

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by KazikageSama: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2021
The transactions are from USSD as shown in the alert narration, I'm not sure changing the ATM card will stop it totally.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Kingfragz: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2021
elpochas:
Really?mine had my own number as the buyer of the recharge card,i neva did such transaction.FBN is my bank,pls if u use FBN pls can i have d customer care number.
+2347080625000
I think it's ussd charges , and the more u use the ussd code (*894#) the more you are charged at the end of the month .....

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Ochecanny2(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Access did same to me yesterday, recharged #500, recieved alert but no airtime in my balance, just saw the reversal now.
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Indispensable85(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Strongbest:
Gosh. I am sincerely considering operating a non ATM card accounts.

I wonder what is really going on with our banks these days.
Since last night, I have been trying to transfer money from one of my accounts to someone and they said I should enter my PIN+TOKEN, meanwhile I don't have a token.

I later chatted them up and they said the token was requested because I was transferring above 100k using USSD.

So, I decided to transfer just 100k first then transfer the rest today. Guess what? Since yesterday till now the transfer hasn't been successful.

I also have discovered that all anyone will need to wipe off your account is just the details on your card and everything will be gone.

Why not use the Bank App?
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by muheeb01(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
How did we get here for God sake?people don't want to work anymore than to find short cut,making it hard for leagitimate businesses to thrive cos it's hard to trust nowadays...Haa nawa o

2 Likes

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Eagle360(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2021
GTBANK have been deducting money from my account since the beginning of this month.
Imagine I was credited 1000 naira I will only see 987,
Today 700 was sent to me for 2gig MTN data but I can only access 684.
GTBANK have been deducting money from my account since the beginning of this month.

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Arizonaz: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2021
No be eye I go take deactivate my Debit Card.
This guys finish me.
I no go lie this matter pain me.

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Strongbest(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2021
Indispensable85:

Why not use the Bank App?

Bro, I wanted to download the app then I saw the reviews and I cancelled. More than half of the users are complaining of the bank app! Seriously, I never wanted to mention the name of bank but it's Zenith Bank
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by muheeb01(m): 11:10am On Nov 16, 2021
googlepikins:

Thank God I wasn't alone on this madness, just yesterday I purchased ₦2,500 Glo and I was debited but I didn't receive the card. I was really confused like what the hell did I do wrong. Now I have to go to GTBank now.
Think I was the only one,this is the new trick by mobile networks too,you'll recharge 500naira you'll be seeing 200 in your account without owing them...this country is on a time bomb
Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by frowland(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

NIGERIA jaga jaga!
Lol

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo by Rastaramsey(m): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2021
Zenith bank enh
Them be professional thieves...

Naso they commot 5k for my money yesterday.....

The way wey men go enter there enh, they go smell pepper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened / Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? / Wedding: Hauwa & Meram Indimi Kamu Ceremonies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.