Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,892 members, 7,852,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:34 AM

If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . (914 Views)

My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? / Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by TheSourcerer: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Random Acts of Stanger kindness :
Know I would rather listen to your story ,than attending your funeral and listen to others tell me your story .

2 Likes

Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by Nezzjnr: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
Big Scam

1 Like

Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Random Acts of Stanger kindness :
Know I would rather listen to your story ,than attending your funeral and listen to others tell me your story .
Why didn't the stranger include his number or contact? undecided
Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by TheSourcerer: 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
TO WHO IT MAY CONCERN (All of US)

First off, I don't know if this is the right place to post at all. But this really clicked with me and made me change perspective on my depression problem and made me feel a lot better so I wanted to share it.

I've always felt like I was not in my place when I was happy, something was off. For some reason I felt better sad. There was something in me that didn't fully wanted to be happy. And I thought that it was a problem. It was probably from all that sad music I was listening to right? I must be some kind of little bitch emo poser edgy millennial kind of motherfucker and I just don't want to admit it to myself.

And then I randomly stumbled upon this Quora post, and it really changed the way I see things. It explained perfectly the things I was feeling without being able to put words on it.

So here you go:

Since sadness in my eyes has a lot of power I want to start by saying: I like being sad too … why? It’s an extremely powerful emotion!

When I got depressed for the first time I was surprised by how powerful it was, the sadness I felt. More powerful than any joy, or love, or anything else I had felt before. It took over every part of me and left me feeling empty and calm, something I rather enjoyed, since being happy and successful and so on so forth, felt overwhelming and more of an effort than a place I’d like to stay. Maybe all that is because of a hard childhood or difficult family, I don’t know. But sadness felt like truth and joy felt like the biggest lie on earth …

I read through the answers and it took hard that almost every single person said that you only like it because you’re used to it and even though that MIGHT be true, I certainly don’t think that is the only reason to like sadness or any other negative emotion. I have tried liking joy and excitement and all that shit, but sadness and (emotional) pain really resonates with me.

To make it simple I see it like this: I’d rather be a sad person learning and always being pushed to the next place, than being a blindly happy person who always tries to keep it up.

I’ve had so much clarity from moments of despair, I have had some of my strongest feelings of freedom after a good long cry or panic. Without all the pain I have been through, I wouldn’t experience joy like I do today, my eyes wouldn’t water when there is beauty, love or just a glimpse of hope somewhere. Sadness has made me a more honest person and given me a life of contrast, which I wouldn’t give up, not even for a constant smile and a happy life.

I am not saying, go ahead and be sad all your life because it is great, all I want to point out is that pain and sadness isn’t the enemy, in a balanced life, it might be what gives you freedom, clarity and reason to keep going, not only when things are great!

Hope it helps!

Dominatrix

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by TheSourcerer: 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why didn't the stranger include his number or contact? undecided
you can be that stranger .we all should be that stranger to others

1 Like

Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
TheSourcerer:
you can be that stranger .we all should be that stranger to others
No thanks!; I rather recommend professional treatment for clinical depression and all other mental illnesses. lipsrsealed
Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
embarassed
Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by TheSourcerer: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
marvelphysics:
Okay, let's talk
My parents and I have joined our money together and have paid for my admission fees, school fees, hostel fees, department dues, textbooks, daily feeding and on and on. My dad car he was using for uber got seized by vio .
Pls I just need 6k by this week, a lecturer has said and he means it that we that don't have text book we will not write test next week, pls the 6k is also to complete department dues of 3k pls can anyone help, my email is moyosorephy@gmail.com
are you suicidal or desperate?

I can tell you with certainty that it is one of the different hurdles of life . which many people before and after you will face.

1 Like

Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2021
Hmmm
might sound funny and unbelieveable but i have attempted suicide thrice!

the first was when i was in secondary school.. Very long story, i mixed detol and izil(not sure of the spelling) with some expired drugs i found in the house. I missed a term cos of that rubbish

second was in my yr2(god will punish bympe anywea she is now) another long story..

recent/third was this year march,.. I died like died.. (not everybody laughing on the outside is really happy)_when the clown is sad_!! nothing was working, lost my job . Had2move to dutse(abuja). it was there i took that bold(foolish) step mixed striker(gin) and sniper together, gulpd it.,.. Woke up after a week. The nurse attending to me pointed to the bed oposite me that the day i was brought in another person drank sniper too but he dead,..
truth is i still feel suicidal atimes but i try to search for that inner peace. I only pray for strength.

life is just tough
https://www.nairaland.com/6796546/dairy-cheap-labourer-daily-bread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Suicide Ever Comes Your Mind . by TheSourcerer: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Hmmm
might sound funny and unbelieveable but i have attempted suicide thrice!

the first was when i was in secondary school.. Very long story, i mixed detol and izil(not sure of the spelling) with some expired drugs i found in the house. I missed a term cos of that rubbish

second was in my yr2(god will punish bympe anywea she is now) another long story..

recent/third was this year march,.. I died like died.. (not everybody laughing on the outside is really happy)_when the clown is sad_!! nothing was working, lost my job . Had2move to dutse(abuja). it was there i took that bold(foolish) step mixed striker(gin) and sniper together, gulpd it.,.. Woke up after a week. The nurse attending to me pointed to the bed oposite me that the day i was brought in another person drank sniper too but he dead,..
truth is i still feel suicidal atimes but i try to search for that inner peace. I only pray for strength.

life is just tough
https://www.nairaland.com/6796546/dairy-cheap-labourer-daily-bread
life is tough yes , no one promised us life would be easy , in fact been born hurts , been alive hurts we get used to it , oxygen in fact humans had to adapt to because everything is pain , been conscious is pain , I used to cut to feel this pain , especially when you get so numb you are willing to do anything to feel something , of course not everybody can relate because , depression, self disdain , intrusive suicidal thoughts are very real and different from what the 'normal people ' just understand as been sad. Which is in fact very different emotion, thing is it is innate , we cannot but live with it , we get used to it , brace ourselves up because in all honestly they don't understand and cannot help you , as corney as it sounds only you can save you blood brother , life never gets better , living does , life never gets easier , we get used to hurt and live , #sending hugs and light.

(1) (Reply)

A Divorced Single Mother's Dairy - A Bitter Lesson Shared To Save Marriages! / Recipe For Young Men Looking To Marry A Good Woman. / A Father Does Not Tell You That He Loves You. He Shows You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.