Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... (1474 Views)

How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / Before We Mislead The Younger Men And Women / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good day, fellas. Allow ur older child(male or female) to beat ur younger ones. If the younger one dares the older child in a fight, allow them to fight. Don't defend the younger ones. u know why? If the older child keep beating the younger child, when they grow up to be man or woman, the younger child would still have that fear and regard for the older. Some parents(most especially mothers) ignorantly and unconcious make the younger one(s) not to respect the older ones by defending the younger ones in a fight or quarrel and making them have the effontry to exchange words with their older ones. If this continues, when they grow up, the younger ones would rarely have any fear or regard for their elder brother or elder sister.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nice one smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Truvelisback:
If the older child keep beating the younger child, when they grow up to be man or woman, the younger child would still have that fear and regard for the older.
And if it so happens that the younger one is stronger than the older child, the younger one can keep beating the older one and his self-esteem into the dust and that younger child will forever think his older sibling a wimp abi? undecided

Na you be genius for una house? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And if it so happens that the younger one is stronger than the older child, the younger one can keep beating the older one and his self-esteem into the dust and that younger child will forever think his older sibling a wimp abi? undecided

From tender age, the older whether male or female have the advantage to beat the younger ones because of the age advantage.

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Truvelisback:
From tender age, the older whether male or female have the advantage to beat the younger ones because of the age advantage.
That is a bloody lie! undecided
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by NarcissistKing(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
I don't even support beating!
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by VEXT: 2:51am On Nov 17, 2021
Rubbish talk....

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Richy4(m): 3:44am On Nov 17, 2021
What kind of article is this?.. No wonder some people keep on saying that it's not everyone that deserves to be call a parent... I guess that they are correct embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by sisisioge: 6:58am On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:

grin grin

Thank you o. My friend has two kids aged 8 and 4. The 4yrs old is a male while the 8yrs is a female. When they start fighting, the boy fights dirty....throwing punches at the girl's belly, face....anywhere like he wants to kill her. Hian! Their mother doesnt even want to tolerate any fight or raise them into violent people. Which one is encouraging older to beat younger or allowing a fight? Family should be all about the loving arms not the hating fists. Some families who hate one another have this feeling dating as far back as their childhood fa. God forbid bad thing!

2 Likes

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2021
sisisioge:

grin grin

Thank you o. My friend has two kids aged 8 and 4. The 4yrs old is a male while the 8yrs is a female. When they start fighting, the boy fights dirty....throwing punches at the girl's belly, face....anywhere like he wants to kill her. Hian! Their mother doesnt even want to tolerate any fight or raise them into violent people. Which one is encouraging older to beat younger or allowing a fight? Family should be all about the loving arms not the hating fists. Some families who hate one another have this feeling dating as far back as their childhood fa. God forbid bad thing!
At that tender age, 4yrs difference is a enough advantage for the female child to beat the 4yrs old boy. She is just too weak for allowing her 4 yrs old brother to beat her. If i were ur friend, i would be beat the female for been weak. After beating her thorougly(this will make her heart to be hardened to beat her younger brother), i will reset the match btw she and her younger brother again. And i must make sure she beats him mercilessly while i watch them to know whether to hold the fight or not. If she cries, i will do the same method again. Note: This will make her to be strong and able to challenge other kids outside.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 7:48am On Nov 17, 2021
Lalasticlala, pls, take to F.P i want more views abt this.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by faithfull18(f): 8:14am On Nov 17, 2021
Violence isn't the way. It's the parents' job to instill discipline by punishing the younger ones when they disrespect the older ones.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 17, 2021
As the only lady in the midst of four heavy guys,they know well never to lay a finger on me,my parents especially my dad ensured that right from childhood, but na me find trouble pass lol but at the same time I know my boundaries.It is wrong for parents to allow violence between their kids,each kid should know his/her boundary.Truvel change this wack mindset else you may eventually ruin your home.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by ImaIma1(f): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
At that tender age, 4yrs difference is a enough advantage for the female child to beat the 4yrs old boy. She is just too weak for allowing her 4 yrs old brother to beat her. If i were ur friend, i would be beat the female for been weak. After beating her thorougly(this will make her heart to be hardened to beat her younger brother), i will reset the match btw she and her younger brother again. And i must make sure she beats him mercilessly while i watch them to know whether to hold the fight or not. If she cries, i will do the same method again. Note: This will make her to be strong and able to challenge other kids outside.

Don't you think you will be destroying her rather than helping her? You have to study each child individually and try to nurture them according to their differences.

If she seems weak, putting her in a wrestling match to make her stronger might not be the solution. You can teach her to be bold and stand up for herself in more loving ways, rather than with violence.

I hope your crude methods won't come back to bite you in the butt later.

5 Likes

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2021
faithfull18:
Violence isn't the way. It's the parents' job to instill discipline by punishing the younger ones when they disrespect the older ones.
U have a point. Violence isn't the way but if u instill discipline by punishing the younger ones for disrespecting or beating up their older ones, the older ones might be weak or appear weak to the younger ones and might want to report every little quarrel to u. What if u aren't around and something like that comes up?
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2021
ImaIma1:

Don't you think you will be destroying her rather than helping her? You have to study each child individually and try to nurture them according to their differences.

If she seems weak, putting her in a wrestling match to make her stronger might not be the solution. You can teach her to be bold and stand up for herself in more loving ways, rather than with violence.

I hope your crude methods won't come back to bite you in the butt later.
U self reason am na! How can my 4 years old kid beat up my 8yrs old kid considering their age difference? No. Not that i won't i instill discipline by punishing the younger one for disrespecting the older one. I will but not all the time. Atleast, there should be times he or she beats the younger one up for doing something wrong or something annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 9:44am On Nov 17, 2021
Richy4:
What kind of article is this?.. No wonder some people keep on saying that it's not everyone that deserves to be call a parent... I guess that they are correct embarassed
Give ur reasons. I give my points based on experience. Many parents especially mothers, do not make their younger ones to respect their older brother or sister by over-pampering and defending them, giving them the effontery to dare their older ones in exchange of words, quarrel or a fight.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Richy4(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Give ur reasons. I give my points based on experience. Many parents especially mothers, do make their younger ones to respect their older brother or sister by over-pampering and defending them, giving them the effontery to dare their older ones in exchange of words, quarrel or a fight.

Violence has never solved any thing... Parents train children nowadays with hope that the world is now a global village... There are chances that your children might find themselves in another country where there are zero tolerance of violence...
Do u know what that might do to them if they should grow up and found themselves in such situations? They might go to jail for violent behaviour due to something that should have been avoided from the beginning...

kids learn from their home and environment.. and whatsoever they learn, that will be with them for a long time... If violence were a way to go at home, when they grow and starts their own family, There's a tendency for it to continue.. and it will be passed to generations..

2 Likes

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 10:30am On Nov 17, 2021
Richy4:

Violence has never solved any thing... Parents train children nowadays with hope that the world is now a global village... There are chances that your children might find themselves in another country where there are zero tolerance of violence...
Do u know what that might do to them if they should grow up and found themselves in such situations? They might go to jail for violent behaviour due to something that should have been avoided from the beginning...

kids learn from their home and environment.. and whatsoever they learn, that will be with them for a long time... If violence were a way to go at home, when they grow and starts their own family, There's a tendency for it to continue.. and it will be passed to generations..
Note: When they have grown up(men or women), it won't continue that way. That fear and respect will still be there. I'm not in anyway encouraging violence.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Oizee(f): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
I really doubt that, when we were younger, my younger sister used to oppress me, she would always finish her food quickly and come for mine, all I could do was to cry every time...she can fight.
She's a calm person now and very respectful.... let us just pray for good kids, I don't think their tender age character have any thing to do with them when they become adult

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2021
Iyaebe:
As the only lady in the midst of four heavy guys,they know well never to lay a finger on me,my parents especially my dad ensured that right from childhood, but na me find trouble pass lol but at the same time I know my boundaries.It is wrong for parents to allow violence between their kids,each kid should know his/her boundary.Truvel change this wack mindset else you may eventually ruin your home.
Lol, u aren't the last born. Are u? In ur own case, it's understandable, since u are the only female among them. They would consider u. Atleast, u know ur boundries. But there are some younger ones that wants to form gragra, stubborness, Alagbara or power Mike towards their older ones. They are the ones i am refering to.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Oizee(f): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Give ur reasons. I give my points based on experience. Many parents especially mothers, do not make their younger ones to respect their older brother or sister by over-pampering and defending them, giving them the effontery to dare their older ones in exchange of words, quarrel or a fight.
I do understand you completely, but remember they are still little and ain't mature, if u give the older kids the grace to discipline, they will bully the younger ones beyond your imagination, my own warning to my kids is to respect the older ones and if the younger offend you, come and report....

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by faithfull18(f): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
U have a point. Violence isn't the way but if u instill discipline by punishing the younger ones for disrespecting or beating up their older ones, the older ones might be weak or appear weak to the younger ones and might want to report every little quarrel to u. What if u aren't around and something like that comes up?
I shared what worked for me. As parents there are several ways to ensure the older ones are never disrespected in your presence or absence. My parents were able to ensure that asides meting out the appropriate punishments, letting the younger ones know those who came before them even if it's by a minute deserves to be respected in words and actions. Then, we the older ones too respect ourselves and don't conduct ourselves in ways that attract disrespect.

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2021
faithfull18:

I shared what worked for me. As parents there are several ways to ensure the older ones are never disrespected in your presence or absence. My parents were able to ensure that asides meting out the appropriate punishments, letting the younger ones know those who came before them even if it's by a minute deserves to be respected in words and actions. Then, we the older ones too respect ourselves and don't conduct ourselves in ways that attract disrespect.
Was that achieved that way?
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Lol, u aren't the last born. Are u? In ur own case, it's understandable, since u are the only female among them. They would consider u. Atleast, u know ur boundries. But there are some younger ones that wants to form gragra, stubborness, Alagbara or power Mike towards their older ones. They are the ones i am refering to.
I'm the last,na me get house lol

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2021
Oizee:
I really doubt that, when we were younger, my younger sister used to oppress me, she would always finish her food quickly and come for mine, all I could do was to cry every time...she can fight.
She's a calm person now and very respectful.... let us just pray for good kids, I don't think their tender age character have any thing to do with them when they become adult
It could. I have seen that in some homes. Sometimes it's caused by the parents especially the mothers who over pampers and defends their younger ones. One day, a younger boy was daring his older brother in a fight. I wanted to hold the fight but a guy told me to allow them fight, that if the older brother keeps beating the younyer brother from their tender age, by the time they grow into men that fear and respect will still be there. Even if the younger brother eventually grows tall like an iroko tree, he will know that this is my elder brother.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Kobojunkie: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Do you even know what respect really means? undecided
re·spect

noun
1. a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
2. due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others.
It is love! undecided

If your approach to teaching a younger sibling to "love" an older one is by letting them fight each other, what does that say of you as an individual and as a parent? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 11:51am On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do you even know what respect really means? undecided
It is love! undecided

If your way of getting a sibling to "love" an older sibling is by letting them fight each other, what does that say of you as an individual and as a parent? undecided
U are right. Although, some younger ones needs iron hand to enforce this love and respect.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:

OP...
This is true, until the younger one gets to a certain age...

I for one know for CERTAINTY that my elder sister can't beat in a fight...buh I respect her so much so that I don't even dare call her by name, na "sister" I dey call am...

And no..
It's not because she beat me up when I was younger...

There's something called mutual respect...
If you teach your kids ((both old and young)) not to be disrespectful to each other, there will be no need for anyone to beat anyone up

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
Favfables1:

OP...
This is true, until the younger one gets to a certain age...

I for one know for CERTAINTY that my elder sister can't beat in a fight...buh I respect her so much so that I don't even dare call her by name, na "sister" I dey call am...

And no..
It's not because she beat me up when I was younger...

There's something called mutual respect...
If you teach your kids ((both old and young)) not to be disrespectful to each other, there will be no need for anyone to beat anyone up
When u both of u were very young, she could beat u. Although, some younger kids do use to be stubborn and rude to their older ones inspite of the teachings.
Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Dailyparrot: 7:00am On Nov 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
When u both of u were very young, she could beat u. Although, some younger kids do use to be stubborn and rude to their older ones inspite of the teachings.

Your argument is flawed. Some kids use less than 2 years to senior their younger ones and in few years time, they may be looking bigger and stronger. It becomes more pronounced when the two genders are not the same.

If you want to gain respect by encouraging physical fist, then you aren't helping any of the children. You are teaching the older child violence and the younger one hatred.

What happens when the older child in an attempt to instill this fear cause a lifetime injury to the younger one? Do you know that the younger child could lose his or her eyes, legs, spinal cord or some more severe body harm in this process?

Why should the younger child fear the older child as an adult? Do you understand that the younger child may not see things from your perspective and may end up hating the older child for life? The fear you so much craved for may turn out to be resentment, avoidance of each other and disunity which you may have to fight as a parent to bridge that gap.

The work of any responsible parent is to ensure constant love and unity among the children. If the younger child grows up to be richer and more successful than the older child, who do you think should respect the other? Will respect and fear still hold because the younger one was beaten mercilessly by the older one?

There's no gain in violence. I will rather suggest you ask the younger child to report to you whenever the older child beats him or her instead of encouraging them to fight. And tell the older child to exercise restrain whenever the younger child misbehaves.

The same misdemeanor that you want the older child to beat the younger child for, he also has his own flaws. It is your duty as a parent to train your children and not the responsibility of the older child to instill discipline in the younger ones.

1 Like

Re: Why U should Allow The Older Child Beat The Younger Child... by Truvelisback(m): 7:09am On Nov 18, 2021
Dailyparrot:

Your argument is flawed. Some kids use less than 2 years to senior their younger ones and in few years time, they may be looking bigger and stronger. It becomes more pronounced when the two genders are not the same.

If you want to gain respect by encouraging physical fist, then you aren't helping any of the children. You are teaching the older child violence and the younger one hatred.

What happens when the older child in an attempt to instill this fear cause a lifetime injury to the younger one? Do you know that the younger child could lose his or her eyes, legs, spinal cord or some more severe body harm in this process?

Why should the younger child fear the older child as an adult? Do you understand that the younger child may not see things from your perspective and may end up hating the older child for life? The fear you so much craved for may turn out to be resentment, avoidance of each other and disunity which you may have to fight as a parent to bridge that gap.

The work of any responsible parent is to ensure constant love and unity among the children. If the younger child grows up to be richer and more successful than the older child, who do you think should respect the other? Will respect and fear still hold because the younger one was beaten mercilessly by the older one?

There's no gain in violence. I will rather suggest you ask the younger child to report to you whenever the older child beats him or her instead of encouraging them to fight. And tell the older child to exercise restrain whenever the younger child misbehaves.

The same misdemeanor that you want the older child to beat the younger child for, he also has his own flaws. It is your duty as a parent to train your children and not the responsibility of the older child to instill discipline in the younger ones.
I get ur point. I never mean i won't instill discipline by punishing the younger for being disrespectful neither do i want to encourage violence. Whenever i allow it, i will definitely monitor them and the outcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finding It Hard To Impregnate A Woman/Conceive As A Woman,infections,Fibroid / Could She Be My Good Luck Charm? / I Need Wise Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.