Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? (30220 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by rave1040: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Developed countries have a structure, So if you ready to work you will be paid.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Anyahuruagu: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
The American enivronment and the Diehard gene of Nigerians.

WE BELIEVE WE MUST MAKE IT AGAINST ALL ODDS.

If my cousin who has been on bad record for years in Nigeria could make it in USA, forget everyone can actually make it over there.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Brushstrokes20: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Simple.... # ENABLELING ENVIRONMENT!

Unlike the shithole that is cursed with sadistic, satanic, self serving thieves and BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS masquerading as leaders undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Imstrong2(m): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
Because of a well structured and working system

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by care4you: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
If we can survive here in Nigeria, i don't that there is any country that we won't make it!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by tesseract: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
The Nigerian system is rigged to ensure that you fail woefully. Except of course, if you have the necessary connections and links. The American system works based on merit, so if you are hard working, you'll make it

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by SilvanusII(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
The law is strong there. And there is a reward system and it is merit based. You mess up, u get ur reward. You do well, u get ur reward. No 'obvious' nepotism.
Oh, Nigerians are pretty servile when they see wetin pass them. Na here dem dey like show theirself

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Stronghold91: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nigerians good people and law abiding, intelligent and hard working especially if you come out from grass
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by olawoyetaiwo: 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
It shows that an average Nigerian is hardworking and not lazy as our "LAZY PRESIDENT" presumed... we are hustlers that just need an enabling environment to thrive.... All Nigerians need is a System That Works

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Stronghold91: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nigerians are good people and law abiding, intelligent and hard working especially if you come out from grass to grace

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
I am here to read and learn.

Instead of some internet urchins that have never traveled out of their villages to chill out and allow Nigerians in foreign countries to contribute and make comments and let we at home learn,
Never, these online miscreants will take over all the box comments talking on behalf of the people that are in the position to answer.
The difference between Quora and Nairaland.

Over there, sensible people chill out at this kind of topic, people don't just post for posting sake.
I tire for dis kind people here sha

With all these noise you just made, how will you learn. You are truly a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Crossroad1(m): 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
I am here to read and learn.

Instead of some internet urchins that have never traveled out of their villages to chill out and allow Nigerians in foreign countries to contribute and make comments and let we at home learn,
Never, these online miscreants will take over all the box comments talking on behalf of the people that are in the position to answer.
The difference between Quora and Nairaland.

Over there, sensible people chill out at this kind of topic, people don't just post for posting sake.
I tire for dis kind people here sha
u talk too much for an adult

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Truvelisback(m): 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
If u luckily escape from hell and enter heaven, won't u do everything possible to remain there?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Starboytwo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Because Nigerians naturally are husslers and hard working people, so if they apply half of the effort they use in Nigeria over there in the USA, they'd become millionaires.

Also, the American system is built in such a way that there's reward for geninue hard work. Over here in Nigeria, no matter how qualifed or how hard you've worked, if your name isn't Abdul, Mohammed, Aisha...and come from a certain section of the country, you're just wasting your time.

By 2023, more than 98% of Nigerian youths would have successfully migrated out of this hell hole.

This I have seen.
you Dey see things my guy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Crossroad1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
grin
ZendayaColeman:

Seun, Dominique, this use.less user is violating rule 1 - 10
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by lkillbrokehoes: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
Because we focus more in foreign countries than in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by HEAVEN4444: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
not what i experienced when i went to america. then again it depends on what you mean by succesful. i know in chicago almost all nigerians are taxi drivers while women do care work. if that is considered succeful i guess they all are . its certainly not the life for me. my ideal life will be in Rwanda doing remote work.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Golan007: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
kponkedenge:
Most Nigerians are hardworking.... in fact Nigerians make up the highest numbers of educated blacks in the US.

Forget all these stereotypes most people say... like crime, fraud, drug, etc..... Cos for every one fraudulent Nigerian abroad.... there are a thousand number of Nigerians doing legit business abroad.... and adding something to their host country.....be it through medicine, finance, or IT.

Oh, and remember the deputy Treasury president in the US is a Nigerian.

No, we won't forget the bad eggs.

Indeed, many Nigerians are resourceful and quite hardworking, but a large number are also involved in criminal activity such that it comes as no surprise when the news headline splashes a story about another Nigerian involved in one dubious scheme or the other.

The nature of the Nigerian is to survive, and even thrive. Yet in doing so, a thin line is walked, often landing one on the wrong side of the mark - by choice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by cassidy1996(m): 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Because Nigerians naturally are husslers and hard working people, so if they apply half of the effort they use in Nigeria over there in the USA, they'd become millionaires.

Also, the American system is built in such a way that there's reward for geninue hard work. Over here in Nigeria, no matter how qualifed or how hard you've worked, if your name isn't Abdul, Mohammed, Aisha...and come from a certain section of the country, you're just wasting your time.

By 2023, more than 98% of Nigerian youths would have successfully migrated out of this hell hole.

This I have seen.
you have said it all
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by advanceDNA: 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
ahnie:
Because village people didn't followed them to america.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Depressed101: 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ayietim:
I came across this question on Quora.

Some answers were quite interesting. One of them is reproduced below;

"They were very nice. Intelligent, law-abiding and hardworking.

And those are the reasons. If you’re intelligent, hardworking and law abiding, you’ll likely make it in America to a large extent. No matter where you’re from."

Now over to you, "Why are Nigerians so successful in America?"

the singular traits in nigerians that make them successful abroad is hard work, over there you get profit for real hard work, no corner corner, or my papa know director, if you work hard you get rewarded handsomely

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by KosiGee(m): 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
AkanjiNaira:
We work harder outside of Naija

I disagree…Nigerians in general work very hard. Those in the Uk, Usa, Canada and Australia etc availed themselves of the opportunities in those places. They make good use of the resources and opportunities in their environment…’in places that work’…

Lots of people come on this platform to solicit advice on how best to invest the monies they’ve saved…they are paranoid of Nigeria unstable environment. In the Uk, Usa etc…there are loads of opportunities to invest if you’ve got the right idea and resources.

There are plenty of jobs, if you love weapons and a bit rugged, there is the military to discipline and shape you up and also give you the opportunity to become a leader.

If you love to read and research, this is the right place for you to rise and shine…no randy lecturer will try to frustrate you.

Nigerians simply smell opportunities in those places and dive in and make use of the opportunities.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by jaxxy(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ayietim:

And those are the reasons. If you’re intelligent, hardworking and law abiding, you’ll likely make it in America to a large extent. No matter where you’re from."

They came from a country with poor systems and struggled to overcome that and travel out to a better country with better systems definitely they will equally and easily do what’s necessary to get that better life and more where the system isn’t made to work against u.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Hyphy(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ayietim:

It's just hard work, intelligence doesn't matter grin

The pay is good so we're more than willing to sacrifice our break for overtime, as we no get family for there wetin we wan use the free time do?
Who break epp?

Ps I'm referring to largely unskilled jobs

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by NwokoloOwa: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nigerians are successful not only in America but everywhere. Notwithstanding the bashing of our educational system, there is something in it. My take is that our curriculum is tough, robust and great in content. Yes it might not be dynamic in terms of digital technology. But its really good in content.

Go to South Africa more than 30% of their medical practitioners finished here in Nigeria some even in the not so rated universities. Same in Europe too across professions. Even our Military guys or Police, once we step in, we top the class even those that graduated with average classes of degrees from here take over their classes.

It's not majic. Something prepares us psychologically and knowledge wise.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by SmartPolician: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

@the emboldened.
That's not possible.
Countries cannot absorb that number because it runs into millions.
What I see happening is that Canada, US, UK, UAE, and Australia will take Nigeria's best brains, leaving behind the idiots that always shout vote for Tinubu, Atiku, etc.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Alf137: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
Enabling environment
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Elsueno: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
NaijaNaWaa:
Let's rephrase it, "why are Southern Nigerians, especially Biafrans, so successful in America and abroad?".

Answer, because America recognises hardwok and merit which Nigeria denies them.

Igbos, u guys just can't resist the Chance to slander everybody & glorify ur majority drug pushing compatriots grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Talawaka: 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
ahnie:
Because village people didn't followed them to america.

It is because the USA takes some of the best Nigeria has to offer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos / My ''One Chance Bus'' Experience / An Overview Of The Loko-oweto Bridge, The Bridge Linking Benue & Nasarawa States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.