Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,667 members, 7,840,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

My View On African Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My View On African Politics (129 Views)

Fayemi Calls On African Leaders To End Dependence On Foreign Aid / Chimamanda Criticises ‘two-facedness’ Of US Government In African Politics / Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My View On African Politics by McPizzle(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2021
It is safe to say Africans are not well developed for the western concept of State building! Pardon if you don’t see things that way but I am not sorry for thinking such. I look at all the African states with the exception of north African countries and I see weak nations whose leaders are never proactive in trying to better the lives of their citizens. Save for the long standing white influence in South Africa, the country might as well be a shit hole, I trust you remember the recent looting sprey, most African countries for all our differences aren’t so different from each other. Africans generally like to learn from experience and our experiences are scant, our written history is as a suckling child compared to the aged history of Europe and America. To pursue after greater things and elevate ourselves above these yearnings for basic amenities unto building a great nation, we must be deliberate, it is better to learn through conscious informed thinking than to learn through the experience we would rather not have which already we are reeling from, to think of more lurking monsters. Nations abound around us to learn from but we should look inward with a conscious mind at rectifying the ills that abound in our societies through careful and strategic planning, the way things seem to be going it’s safe to say we are just passing through the times. If there was such a thing as nation building amongst our politicians, corruption would have been stamped out or at the very least it wouldn’t be a Devourer of our little gains. It is time Africans rose to control the narrative. Herein lies our contention how to get on this track.

(1) (Reply)

FG Will Address #endsars Report Soon – Adesina / Engaging With The People & Their Needs Remain Our Major Concern, Osinbajo Says / Kaduna Govt Restores Telecommunication Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.