Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 (18211 Views)

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by freesoul12: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
basty:
Bros,
ICAN is tidious but worth the rigour. Age is a very big factor, if you are below 30 years, please face the rigours and don't forget to have very sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel an added and important advantage.
God help you

Lol Microsoft Excel dis century.. Na same advice wey dem give me wen i start. All my paddy wey no follow me take d course took crypto and freelancing route.. Dem chop better money na then my eye clear. If u just want an average life go for ICAN but if u want a better life Oga reason Î.T
People wey get ICAN don plenty.. E don tey wey i bag my ACA.. Na from experience i dey talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by rhames(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
gentiles:

Lies. Are u related to lie Mohammed?

Of all the liars in the world, this one is the greatest. You don't know the question, but you set it and you marked and they failed. They are now on N130k salary

Na was oooH.

There is God oh!
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
Diamondcluster1:
ICAN is a nonentity please
HAHAHAHA! U GO RIGHT EXAM WEY NO DEY ican SYLLABUS Tire TIILL YU GROW GREY HAIR PASS SOYINKA....
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by aralgreen: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
If you want to climb the corporate ladder in your accounting career go for CISA
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by rhames(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
translux:
You may go for the I can exams if you have the time.

But honestly, what matters here is your working experience, let me shock you!

I am a graduate of Accounting from Laspotech,I do not have any I can cert. but do you know I headed a very big and popular construction firm in Lekki, I have 3 ICAN guys on 130k salary working under me, I was the one that employed the 3 of them, I set 2017 I can exam for them at the interview but all of them failed.
Your experience COUNT ALOT.
gentiles:

Of all the liars in the world, this one is the greatest. You don't know the question, but you set it and you marked and they failed. They are now on N130k salary

Na was oooH.

There is God oh!
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by femi4: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kolawole2130:
Hello, pls i need candid advice. I currently work in a church as an accountant for some years now. I have tried applying for jobs outside all to no avail especially when you dont have connections. I studied accounting and graduated year 2012. Now am thinking of writing the ICAN exams but am not sure if its still worth it with this present economy and i dont want to waste money. I need candid advice thanks
No amount spend on knowledge is a waste.

2. You don't know tomorrow, let your today's preparation meets tomorrow opportunity. You wouldn't want to regret missing an opportunity in the future cos of lack of ICAN certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by echike(m): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
Dear Friend, it is important for you to know that any accounting graduate without professional certification is only existing without living . such person survival in the changing business environment is uncertain. Professional certifications offers you a new breath and confidence to face the world. Yeah a few chartered accountants may be earning less now, waiting for the right opportunity that will change their fortune. A famous writer said, it is better to prepare yourself and wait for the opportunity rather than getting the opportunity and regret not being prepared.
Most people will tell you to ignore ICAN because they think it is difficult to pass but i know you are very brillant and passing ICAN will be easy for you.
My advise, make up your mind and pursue your professionalism and i can assure you that it is one step you will not regret taking.
SHALOM

4 Likes

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by Bimpe29: 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
It's really worthwhile for many positive reasons.
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by rachytenny2(f): 10:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
It worths it actually, in the sense that it gives you an edge.
My reason for doing it is not because l wanna use it here. I need ACCA instead. With Ican you will be exempted of some stages.
Ican opens way for other opportunities. It's more like a pathway to other things.
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by Areola14(m): 2:38am On Nov 20, 2021
See... If you are chartered without a working experience, you will start from scratch. I know a lady with OND and she's chartered, and a guy with BSC only. When they employed both of them, the person with bsc was place ahead the person with ond and ican. You see, all these professional bodies of academic are the one promoting these program..... It's not a government recognised program. Some one with bsc and master will still be place ahead someone with bsc and ican.

1 Like

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by damzy88: 3:34am On Nov 20, 2021
Dailymice:
Honestly, cant tell because people in this country with all their education are still poor. If youre in this country acquire digital skills o. The first 400k I ever made in a month was from my website and my parents are still surprised. No one talks to me about doing Masters again.

Digital skills include

Vlogging
Digital Marketing
Content Writer
Blogging
Programming
NFTs and more.

Money is online guys but you will only see it when you research, by the way it took me 2 years to make my first $100 online
You can say that again. I made a lot of money online (Fiverr) during the early years of my online hustle.

1 Like

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by Layze(m): 4:09am On Nov 20, 2021
Kolawole2130:
Hello, pls i need candid advice. I currently work in a church as an accountant for some years now. I have tried applying for jobs outside all to no avail especially when you dont have connections. I studied accounting and graduated year 2012. Now am thinking of writing the ICAN exams but am not sure if its still worth it with this present economy and i dont want to waste money. I need candid advice thanks

Good morning. I know you've received several comment already and no one can absolutely dictate for you, but I will just add my own piece.

ICAN is worth it.

I can say this anywhere, anytime.
I say this because it's what I've gone through and I'm still in the system. To me, you're not an accountant if you aren't qualified and certified yet (whether by ICAN, ACCA etc).
Thank God you are experienced already, you already have an edge. However what will serve as a spring for you to go far and high in the Profession is for you to be qualified as a chartered accountant.

I read comments like "education na scam o, ICAN is not worth it jare, ICAN is over-hyped, there are so many professionals with no job ".
My brother, even if you want to start cyber fraud today (Yahoo), your oga can only teach you format, no he him go tell you wetin to tell client, or how to respond go client because each situation is different.

ICAN will not provide jobs for you, nor will jobs automatically come your way just because you're chartered - no! Because you have ICAN doesn't mean things will start falling on your feet. You need to update yourself, you need to equip yourself with latest Accounting technologies, softwares, packages, standards etc

What ICAN will do is that it will widen your opportunities, it will open so many doors for you, it will clear your eyes and make you smarter as an accountant. My brother, it will give you confidence.

You're certified and you're running around for jobs? When you can approach several SMEs and offer them book keeping services, tax computation and filing service, audit and review, Accounting system set ups, internal control systems etc.
How many top professionals in any field (whether Accounting, finance, engineering etc) have you seen without a professional qualifications??

Unless you're looking for excuses for simply being a lazy person, ICAN is very worth the hype, it's worth every penny and every stress.. I will advice you go ahead and start ASAP.

Peace.

Check my signature.
You can contact me if you like.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by silvoclaira: 6:51am On Nov 20, 2021
gentiles:

Says a low IQ mofo from an extincting tribe of the Delta.

Jobless lot

1 Like

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by shankara7: 3:30am On Mar 05, 2022
rhames:

Na was oooH.

There is God oh!
Many Chartered accountants actually earn 50k or less in Lagos and other cities in Nigeria..
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by rhames(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2022
shankara7:
Many Chartered accountants actually earn 50k or less in Lagos and other cities in Nigeria..

To an extent yes. But experienced ones earn crazy.

1 Like

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by Danielb3: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Yes writing ICAN exam is still worth it.
It gives you an advantage over accountants that doesn't have ICAN. You can also work in top accounting firm with your ICAN.
I suggest you go for it.
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by iamdaquin01(f): 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please I've been trying to apply for my exemption fee after payment but I haven't gotten a referee who is not owing subscription..... can someone please help me out here...
Daughter of God is becoming frustrated

1 Like

Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by Covenant97(m): 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
Travel to America to do what exactly sir... advice needed...
wacoj:

I am a chartered Accountant. Qualified almost 8 years ago.
But listen to my advice my brother. If you have the money in tact, gather it and travel to America.
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by Mudiaaaa: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2022
Layze:

Good morning. I know you've received several comment already and no one can absolutely dictate for you, but I will just add my own piece.

ICAN is worth it.

I can say this anywhere, anytime.
I say this because it's what I've gone through and I'm still in the system. To me, you're not an accountant if you aren't qualified and certified yet (whether by ICAN, ACCA etc).
Thank God you are experienced already, you already have an edge. However what will serve as a spring for you to go far and high in the Profession is for you to be qualified as a chartered accountant.

I read comments like "education na scam o, ICAN is not worth it jare, ICAN is over-hyped, there are so many professionals with no job ".
My brother, even if you want to start cyber fraud today (Yahoo), your oga can only teach you format, no he him go tell you wetin to tell client, or how to respond go client because each situation is different.

ICAN will not provide jobs for you, nor will jobs automatically come your way just because you're chartered - no! Because you have ICAN doesn't mean things will start falling on your feet. You need to update yourself, you need to equip yourself with latest Accounting technologies, softwares, packages, standards etc

What ICAN will do is that it will widen your opportunities, it will open so many doors for you, it will clear your eyes and make you smarter as an accountant. My brother, it will give you confidence.

You're certified and you're running around for jobs? When you can approach several SMEs and offer them book keeping services, tax computation and filing service, audit and review, Accounting system set ups, internal control systems etc.
How many top professionals in any field (whether Accounting, finance, engineering etc) have you seen without a professional qualifications??

Unless you're looking for excuses for simply being a lazy person, ICAN is very worth the hype, it's worth every penny and every stress.. I will advice you go ahead and start ASAP.

Peace.

Check my signature.
You can contact me if you like.
This comments were very helpful because I'm 18 yrs old in 300 level and currently at the skills stage and I was already losing hope if what writing ICAN is worth it
Re: Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 by Daveshad: 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2022
At OSAD PROFESSIONAL TUTORS they provide you with the resources needed to pass your ICAN qualifying exams interms of experienced & seasoned instructors, comfortable classrooms, library space, uninterrupted power supply and secured spacious parking facility.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Career Choice: All You Need To Know / Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children / Should I Sack My Driver Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.