Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun (14764 Views)

Dapo Abiodun Commissions Reconstruction 27km Owode-Ilaro Road (Pictures) / Ogun Guber: Amosun Loses To Dapo Abiodun, Adebutu Loses To Buruji Kashamu / Meet Dapo Abiodun, The Ogun APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 18, 2021
When will Nigerians wrestle power out of the hands of these evil clowns?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by eguarojeona: 7:02am On Nov 18, 2021
African Politicians that are supposed to monitor work will not take responsibilities. Its never their faults.Irresponsible lot.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by alphaNomega: 7:04am On Nov 18, 2021
Forlahh:
Sometimes, fellow Nigerians like you and I are the problem

One thing APC has taught Nigerians is how to blame themselves for a bad situation.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by alphaNomega: 7:05am On Nov 18, 2021
TheWrita:
When will Nigerians wrestle power out of the hands of these evil clowns?

Never. It is the same power brokers that have been in charge since the end of civil war.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by arsenal33: 7:05am On Nov 18, 2021
So says the governor who has made Ogun State roads very smooth
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Kobicove(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2021
What the governor said is true, the road contractors just put concrete boulders and road dividers haphazardly on the road and they did not provide adequate warnings and signs to road users angry
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by funshint(m): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2021
Jakumo:
While shortcomings in the repair of that Lagos to Ibadan expressway certainly need to be addressed, the positive aspects of that project must be praised.

Not long ago I had reason to ply that completed segment of the Lagos Ibadan expressway that stretches between the Benin interchange, and the outskirts of Ibadan, and I was absolutely astonished at the smoothness and pristine state of that particular stretch of highway. There was not one single blemish on that expressway segment, and as my car sailed along that buttery smooth surface, I found myself lost for words.

While I explored the high-speed capabilities of my chariot along the new Ibadan expressway, the German Autobahn came to mind, as did the majesty of US Interstate 15 between Riverside and San Diego counties in California. Fellow speed freaks, if you are blessed to own a performance automobile that is capable of running smooth and stable while above 100 mph, I HIGHLY recommend that Ibadan expressway segment located between the Benin interchange and the outskirts of Ibadan, as a suitable test track on which to wantonly unleash the rampaging beast that lurks under the hood of your trusty road warrior steed.

The above paragraphs were transcribed directly from utterances served up by the Exalted Forest Oracle who I visited at midnight during the most recent full moon.
True talk; from that Sagamu interchange to Ibadan you can literally sleep while driving. Whaat! the road is so smooth...kudos to RCC!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by murmee: 7:36am On Nov 18, 2021
zoedew:
No! Dangerous driving and sparse patrol by ill equipped FRSC and corrupt police who extort users of the road.
Thank you. The FRSC prefers to extort moneys from motorists in the cities by stopping cars to ask for particulars.
The Lagos-ibadan expressway is one road that needs the attention of FRSC the most. That particular spot and many more on that route should have the men of FRSC positioned to direct traffic by slowing drivers down where necessary.
If there are no signs to warn drivers then the Corps should be there.
December is almost here and one can imagine the kind of huge traffic expected on that expressway!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by toprealman: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2021
Maxymilliano:
And who will the residents of the State hold responsible for numerous avoidable accidents caused by dilapidated and failed roads that dotted the landscape of Ogun ?
Let's be precise, from interchange to Kuto.....na God!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Ademola47(m): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2021
Ykc2:
52 kilometers Lagos Ibadan express they started reconstructing since 10 years ago till today ?nigeria is 7th world country

Lagos-Ibadan is more than 52 km...it should be around 130km....when going, you'll see a sign board with the inscription Lagos 114 km at Tollgate.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Ykc2(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2021
Ademola47:

Lagos-Ibadan is more than 52 km...it should be around 130km....when going, you'll see a sign board with the inscription Lagos 114 km at Tollgate.
that road won't take more than one year in a serious country
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Tremple8v: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2021
Governor with no idea dey talk.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Ykc2(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2021
Ademola47:

that road won't take more than one year in a serious country,austria don build almost 4 new cities for my face we still dey talk about road,that road won't take austria 6 months to finish
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by jaxxy(m): 8:16am On Nov 18, 2021
Maxymilliano:
And who will the residents of the State hold responsible for numerous avoidable accidents caused by dilapidated and failed roads that dotted the landscape of Ogun ?

The accident on the expressway are completely avoidable and unnecessary. How can u dualize a busy and major oneway express way and not inform users adequately??

The construction company or FG should be sued. Those real lives not animations.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by FKMagazine(m): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2021
The most stupid & useless Governor in south-west, Nigeria
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by tete7000(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2021
He will take it up with the minister, and what will the minister do? The Lagos-badagry Expressway the minister initiated as governor of Lagos state, the one he boasted he will complete in three years is still ongoing and the minister is clueless about how to complete it as a minister and you are still making reference to such an incapable minister. Nigeria na wa!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Amowoyagidele: 8:48am On Nov 18, 2021
Incompetent Governor..
Face ur warrants
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by seyz91(m): 9:06am On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy
Ykc2:
52 kilometers Lagos Ibadan express they started reconstructing since 10 years ago till today ?nigeria is 7th world country
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by seyz91(m): 9:34am On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy
FKMagazine:
The most stupid & useless Governor in south-west, Nigeria

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Yoighaman(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2021
Cantonese:
You can hold the contractors responsible on one part but do not forget that bus drivers get reckless and irresponsible too. Who knows, the driver could have seen the tanker emerging and wanted to make a quick dash, so the tanker would either not obstruct his movement or delay him.

Many years ago in this country it was a standard requirement for drivers to read, understand and have good knowledge of road signs. Unfortunately that no longer obtains. We have a very huge percentage of drivers who are very illiterate and irresponsible. Even the educated ones do not know road signs. I can bet that same governor may not know road signs. Ogun state has roads that are very disgraceful and yet the governor has failed to attend to them. Those who go to equity must have clean hands. He needs to attend to the terrible road in his state before judging the contractors fixing other roads.

That said, some transport drivers think it is proper to “shine their eyes” with either igbo or paraga or both before embarking on long journeys. Some get to areas where even common sense should get them to be patient, yet they try to circumvent it quickly. Some think driving at a particular speed makes their movements too slow. Some are encouraged by their passengers to drive at great speeds. Some think other slow moving road users “no sabi drive”.

Everything is just wrong with Nigeria. When will we ever get it right?

You just nailed it.

That 'face me, I face you' part of the road is very scary and dangerous.

It would be better to put a demarcation and let the road users maintain just a lane until they get back to their proper lanes.

The contractors are not handling the project properly.

May God's protection be on us all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by Babinski: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tenshades:
Lives have been wasted because of negligence of selfish contractors who were trying to cut costs while jeopardizing safety measures.

We should actually put the blame squarely at the doorstep of the Government and the Regulatory Agencies that refuse to do their job or are compromised. How can the Governmemt which is the sovereign in the State and Country be complaining about contractors msconduct as if nothing could be done with all the executive powers of the Government. Does that mean the contractors are bigger than the Government?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Contractors Responsible For Accidents - Dapo Abiodun by muyeski21(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
treesun:

https://punchng.com/lagos-ibadan-expressway-hold-contractors-responsible-for-accidents-says-gov-abiodun/

Imagine a governor altering such nonsense, cant the contractor be sactioned. Bird of same feather flock together, make I hear word jooor. If u saction am ur ynash go open na him they make una fear

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan Scored 152 Votes (APC Presidential Primary) / 2023: Disqualify Candidate Missing At Debates - Pat Utomi / PDP Dissolves Wike-led Convention Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.