Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? (18599 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly / How Much Do You Spend On Transportation Daily? / Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by pascalbenz: 9:03am On Nov 18, 2021
Drivers in the house, with the economic situation of the country its no doubt most of the items in market doubled or even tripled there various price. So how has it been so far with the upkeeps of your
monthly servicing, wheel alignment and balancing , flat tire etc ...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by seanfer(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2021
God is our helper. In a week I spent 65k on shocks and new battery. sad sad

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by djflexcy: 4:38am On Nov 20, 2021
I never buy car for now, but I spend alot while using my 'Leggedize' benz, for this Lagos hot sun e no easy.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Sacchi1162(m): 4:39am On Nov 20, 2021
I go reply when I buy my motor. I don book space sha

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Naija147: 4:39am On Nov 20, 2021
I service my car after every 5000 KM, servicing cost equivalent to 150k that includes oil, oil filter, plugs, air filter and service charge. We have good roads here so it doesn’t cost too much

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Presegs(m): 4:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Nothing much because I usually buy and use first-grade foreign used cars.

For almost a year now that I have been using my car, I've only serviced it once. It might sound weird, but it is because I used 20,000 miles of original FRAM oil filter along with high-quality USA Mobil 1 engine oil, and I've only covered a total of about 7,000 miles driving the car since then.

All vehicle owners should also read and follow this thread titled SECRETS To Saving Yourself The Stress, Agony & Cost Of Your Mechanic GUESSWORK => https://www.nairaland.com/6857655/secrets-saving-yourself-stress-agony

I represent www.autosandcartalk.com

10 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by queenfav(f): 4:41am On Nov 20, 2021
10k for oil and servicing fee once in three momths.Then full tank of fuel 12k, carries me for a month plus with AC always on.Perks of using a toyota,you will spend less on car issues generally.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by bcomputer101: 4:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Between $160-210 monthly.
Mostly on gas.

Like seriously I need a company that can loan me Lamborghini. I will repay in 36months.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Larrykaysail(m): 4:45am On Nov 20, 2021
pascalbenz:
Drivers in the house, with the economic situation of the country its no doubt most of the items in market doubled or even tripled there various price. So how has it been so far with the upkeeps of your
monthly servicing, wheel alignment and balancing , flat tire etc ...
$100 from dealers location

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Nero2424: 4:50am On Nov 20, 2021
queenfav:
10k for oil and servicing fee once in three momths.Then full tank of fuel 12k, carries me for a month plus with AC always on.Perks of using a toyota,you will spend less on car issues generally.

The Toyota thing is just an average Nigerian mentality. All car manufacturers produce good cars that are durable and also fuel efficient.

The difference between most cars in the class of Toyota range of cars are + 5 or -5%. Just dont buy a used and abused car else you will inherit someone else problem irrespective of the manufacturer of the car.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Timekeeper: 4:53am On Nov 20, 2021
Na Person wey get car get wetin he dey maintain.....

Abeg for we wey no get car...

How much do you spend on your leg /body scheduled maintenance after you don hustle to catch public buses ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by wunmi590(m): 4:53am On Nov 20, 2021

Like 30k every 3 month, my wife hardly drive out except to work, which is just a walk to house....

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by 1000angstroms(m): 4:54am On Nov 20, 2021
Don't worry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:54am On Nov 20, 2021
Oil 8k
Filter 1k
Machanic 1k

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Success77x: 5:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Team Legedisbenzo.
Na only water we just need to drink wen dehydrated then zoom we are on the move again.
To all Legedisbenzos like me, God wil surprise us with correct MB.
Let's keep the hustle going and alive, don't ever let them see you weak.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by gambojimeta: 5:02am On Nov 20, 2021
Oil. 25k
Mechanic 5k
Filter 10k

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Presegs(m): 5:04am On Nov 20, 2021
Naija147:
I service my car after every 5000 KM, servicing cost equivalent to 150k that includes oil, oil filter, plugs, air filter and service charge. We have good roads here, so it doesn’t cost too much

Most vehicles used in Nigeria are primarily calibrated in miles. Still, our system primarily uses kilometres which is why you see the likes of road safety saying speed limit of 80km/hr and 120km/hr for vehicles. It is better said that you service your car every 3,000 miles if you use regular engine oil and filter.

Check the two images attached to this post; the first one represents the speedometer of most vehicles in Nigeria, while the second one represents the speedometer of few vehicles in Nigeria.

In a more straightforward explanation, when only km graduation is used, the vehicle is in Km. When both km and miles graduations are used, the bigger/bolder one is the one the car is reading. If km is the bolder print, the car is counting in km. If miles is the bolder print, the car is counting in miles.

I represent www.autosandcartalk.com

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by 123readygo: 5:06am On Nov 20, 2021
It depends on the car... What coscharis charges in serving my ford is double what I spend in servicing my Lexus

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Abisinuolaorex(f): 5:09am On Nov 20, 2021
wwwdotiDeyPaydotcom
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Nov 20, 2021
Naija147:
I service my car after every 5000 KM, servicing cost equivalent to 150k that includes oil, oil filter, plugs, air filter and service charge. We have good roads here so it doesn’t cost too much
You don't how to do all that for yourself? undecided
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by lookingfly: 5:13am On Nov 20, 2021
Naija147:
haba oga, 150k for service......which kind motor you drive?

26 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Naija147: 5:16am On Nov 20, 2021
lookingfly:
haba oga, 150k for service......which kind motor you drive?

Bro for here 150k naira na 4K rands and na BMW dey service the car.. I go find my last invoice attach

15 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Naija147: 5:17am On Nov 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You don't how to do all that for yourself? undecided

I wish I can

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by HappyCanadian: 5:19am On Nov 20, 2021
Lol, Nigerian mechanics u will take your car to instead of fixing the problem they cause more problems to the car angry everything is wrong with the system

27 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Presegs(m): 5:20am On Nov 20, 2021
Nero2424:

The Toyota thing is just an average Nigerian mentality. All car manufacturers produce good cars that are durable and also fuel-efficient.

The difference between most cars in the Toyota range of cars is + 5 or -5%. Don't buy a used and abused car. Else you will inherit someone else problem irrespective of the manufacturer of the car.

You are on point. I go for high grades of used cars, and I don't always regret it even though I pay more to acquire them because it makes sense.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by queenfav(f): 5:20am On Nov 20, 2021
Nero2424:

The Toyota thing is just an average Nigerian mentality. All car manufacturers produce good cars that are durable and also fuel efficient.

The difference between most cars in the class of Toyota range of cars are + 5 or -5%. Just dont buy a used and abused car else you will inherit someone else problem irrespective of the manufacturer of the car.

You have a point with not buying a used car,but it doesn't remove from the fact that Toyota cars are HIGHLY DURABLE AND COST EFFECTIVE.

24 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by alphanyx: 5:20am On Nov 20, 2021
12k fuel a month? Wow! Lucky you. Probably a Toyota Yaris and means your commute is short.
queenfav:

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by lookingfly: 5:21am On Nov 20, 2021
Naija147:

Bro for here 150k naira na 4K rands and na BMW dey service the car.. I go find my last invoice attach
just tell us say you de overseas because for naija....that money is too much for service. If no be engine oil wey don take style cost, i do service for naija less than 10k but it's around 11-12k.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Naija147: 5:21am On Nov 20, 2021
Presegs:

Most vehicles used in Nigeria are primarily calibrated in miles. Still, our system primarily uses kilometres which is why you see the likes of road safety saying speed limit to 80km/hr and 120km/hr for vehicles. It is better said that you service your car every 3,000 miles if you use regular engine oil and filter.

Check the two images attached to this post; the first one represents the speedometer of most vehicles in Nigeria, while the second one represents the speedometer of most vehicles in Nigeria.

In a more straightforward explanation, when only km graduation is used, the vehicle is in Km. When both km and miles graduations are used, the bigger/bolder one is the one the car is reading. If km is the bolder print, the car is counting in km. If miles is the bolder print, the car is counting in miles.

Ok but my car tells me your car is due for servicing in 100 KM meaning my car counts in KM. Here we see road signs like 60,80,100 and 120KM/HR

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by Presegs(m): 5:22am On Nov 20, 2021
HappyCanadian:
Lol, Nigerian mechanics u will take your car to instead of fixing the problem they cause more problems to the car angry everything is wrong with the system

Lol

That is the reason you need to read and follow this thread titled SECRETS To Saving Yourself The Stress, Agony & Cost Of Your Mechanic GUESSWORK => https://www.nairaland.com/6857655/secrets-saving-yourself-stress-agony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? by cardoctor(m): 5:22am On Nov 20, 2021
Hmmm its getting more disurbingly expensive here in naija because if the high dollar erratic rates. Most common locally blended grade engine oils in the market are now at the prices of higher imported grades engine oils. About a year ago a 5ltre gallon of premium engine oil cost around N3.5k to N4.5k. Now, the same engine oil grades go for almost N10k. If you opt for imported foreign oils then your budget should be anything from N15k to N25k for 5 litres.

This price hike has also resulted in many adultrated and very poor quality oils being sold for high gains at the cost of potential engine damage to the unsuspecting car owners. This issue is gradually getting out of hand if sonething is not done soon to stop this carnage.

Also a point to note is cars with KMPH (Kilometers Per Hour) and the ones with MPH (Miles Per Hour) dont share the same service intervals. Rule of thumb is KMPH cars are approximately 5000 km service interval while the MPH cars have 3500 miles service intervals.

Also note that SERVICE ENGINE SOON and MAUNTENANCE REQUIRED dashboard warning lights and indicators on most cars DO NOT necessarily mean the engine service is due. ALWAYS refer to your car maintenance booklet for service due before proceeding to carry out any oil and filtet change.

Pls read my signature below for more advice on best practice and procedures.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota / Peugeot Unveils N2million Electric Mountain Bicycle With In-frame Battery / Another Auto Assembly Plant Births In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.