Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" (27451 Views)

Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Sunday Oliseh: I’m Ready To Take Up Super Eagles Job If NFF Wants Me / Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by sulaak(m): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
adioolayi:
NFF is to blame ...

You employed a Coach and his target is AFCON qualifications and Worldcup Qualifications..

Exactly what Rohr is doing...He has qualified for AFCON and he is still in the race to qualify for Worldcup..so, for him..he is meeting the set target.

The big question is why NFF set such uninspiring target Why can't you tell him you want good football and you want to win convincingly.

For example, you can't be Barça coach by just winning...the socios ... Barcelona fans wants good Football with good results. They don't want positive results gotten by playing badly..No. Both beautiful Football and Results are important.

If your target is to get a degree and you managed to get a 3rd Class or Pass degree, do you think you have fulfilled your goal?

The football is not uninspiring but very poor losing to war torn CAR and drawing with small Cape Verde is the final straw, he must go now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Fahdiga(m): 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
sulaak:

Any coach with the SE will have very good stats in Africa, the issue is his stats at international tournaments, they are very poor and he shouldn't be allowed to continue to manage the team or else we will not qualify for Qatar. A poor coach that refuses to try new players.

I quite agree with you
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Reflect7: 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
drealcivilceno:

Wetin you black man does done do? Oya talk.

You reason like a slave.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Reflect7: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
techWriter3:
True oyinbo folks would have quit with all this poor findings and flak.

Stop talking rubbish.

I guess Solksjaer is not a ''true Oyinbo folk''.

Slave mentality.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by warlordd(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
legendgalas:
Nigeria is not serious at all
How will you sack a coach 6weeks to a competition he has qualified the team to?
A coach that has met all targets set before him since he got the job?
I will rate him 8/10 since he was appointed
Togo sacked Keshi after qualifying them for world cup and took a German coach, Otto Pfister to the world cup.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Eeffy: 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
How can a rohr be in charge for more than 4years, and you can't say this is how the super eagles play. He is so clueless to make changes. He goes around scouting for players, and end up making them sit at the bench for 90mins. I wonder why you recruit them. He is the worst thing to coach Nigeria. I don't know why we like second hand material. #rohrout

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by warlordd(m): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
legendgalas:

Togo sacked Keshi after qualifying them for the world cup and took a German coach, Otto Pfister to the world cup.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by warlordd(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
He should be kidnapped if he refuses to resign. That will scare the living daylight out of him.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Georgejeez: 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
Virus99:

Why will you say I should shutup
I second that , you really need to shut up .
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by boolet: 1:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Jamieb:

Shut up. The bronze won in 2019 isn't a trophy abi. Abi na every year world cup and nation cup dey hold
The 'shut up' is not necessary.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by NessFortunate: 2:00am On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=HonNL post=107738477][/quote]
when he was putting clauses on his contract NFF Una travelled? We will continue being SLAVES TO THE WHITES. NONESENSICAL #MEDIOCRES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by kayusely70(m): 4:22am On Nov 19, 2021
There could be a hidden clause in his contract with the NFF that is not known to some of us.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by adioolayi(m): 4:49am On Nov 19, 2021
sulaak:

If your target is to get a degree and you managed to get a 3rd Class or Pass degree, do you think you have fulfilled your goal?

The football is not uninspiring but very poor losing to war torn CAR and drawing with small Cape Verde is the final straw, he must go now

The analogy of comparing getting a degree and getting qualified for a tournament are deferent.

In getting a degree...there are classes of degree.....but in qualifying for a Football tournament...there are no classes... irrespective of how it's done, negative football, bad officiating, poor play...once you get the result, you qualify cheesy cheesy

My point is, JUST QUALIFY shouldn't have been the NFF target, they should have attached more robust and interesting conditions and clauses into Rohr's contract to force him to play entertaining matches. He has the arsenal, but lacks the in-depth technical know-how to transform SuperEagles.

NFF Mess up!
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Bamzyriches451: 4:50am On Nov 19, 2021
Ehhh, oya the go nah. Nah beg we dey beg you
GO!!
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Friend22(m): 6:20am On Nov 19, 2021
legendgalas:

Your obviously do t have an inkling to what is going on.
If Rohr team meets a better team they will route super eagles.
Algeria exposed his lack of micromanaging skill as a coach in the last afcon and I see it happening agsin if we don't do the needful.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Henrypraise: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2021
legendgalas:

I really don't understand all these hate and calumny against the coach, the coach is doing well, very well... I enjoyed Nigerians nations cup outing, it's only unfortunate that Algeria were a better side with a world class striker in Mahrez

If you notice in all the calumny, there is this use of "we football lovers" phrase, that goes a long way to tell you it's an orchestrated calumny, and making some selfish desires to paint for the desires of all Nigerian football lovers, it's same thing about the people who say "we the Patriots of Nigeria"..

Anyways, anything them like make them do...
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by shegz24(m): 8:22am On Nov 19, 2021
The way we have been playing, we are doomed if we face Egypt in the playoffs.

Even Ghana stand a very good chance against us despite having just one real star player- Partey.

Now even if we manage to qualify to the WC, we are not likely to progress to the KO round.

However, its not just about sacking Rohr but getting a better replacement.
Preferrably, one well versed in a back3 system as I believe that formation suits the players we have best.

The new coach should also be able to attract many Nigerians with potential that are yet to decide the NT to represent e.g Olise, Eze, Danjuma

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Jamieb(m): 9:45am On Nov 19, 2021
Virus99:

Why will you say I should shutup
No vex . It wasn't necessary I realized
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Virus99: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Jamieb:

No vex . It wasn't necessary I realized

smiley
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Danito40(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
I still believe Sunday oliseh should be given one more chance...the pep guadiola of Afika

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unai Emery Appoints New Captain After Fall Out With Koscielny / Copa America : Messi Blames Poor state of Pitches On His Woeful Performances / Maradona: "Teams No Longer Fear Argentina.. Nigeria Disgraced Us"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.